Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Star Press

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Comments
2,841 - 2,860 of 11,175 Comments Last updated Jan 18, 2014

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
So if they are the children of atheists, they will be indoctrinated (by their parents) to the mind fantasy of evolution and godlessness. Right, but, thank God, that indoctrination doesn't always stick. Not all children follow what their godless parents taught them.
William J. Murray is the chairman of the Religious Freedom Coalition, a non-profit organization in Washington, D.C., active on issues related to aiding Christians in Islamic and Communist countries.
William Murray is the son of Madalyn Murray O'Hair,[1] a United States atheist activist who came to national attention in Baltimore, Maryland when she filed a lawsuit with the Supreme Court of the United States, claiming that compulsory prayer and reading of the Bible in public schools was unconstitutional.
Murray converted to Baptist Christianity in 1980. Learning of his conversion, his atheist mother commented: "One could call this a postnatal abortion on the part of a mother, I guess; I repudiate him entirely and completely for now and all times ... he is beyond human forgiveness." He expressed similarly negative feelings toward his mother in his first book, My Life Without God, in which he wrote: "She was just evil … She misused the trust of people. She cheated children out of their parents' inheritance." Murray also repudiated his mother after her death, saying "I used to ask people to pray for my mother's salvation. I don't do that anymore…. My mother was an evil person." He also blamed her for the death of his daughter and his half-brother, who were murdered at the same time.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_J._Murra...
If you knew what you were talking about, you'd be shoving your fist down your throat to shut your mouth up, before anyone heard you.
It's like hearing someone say the horse taught the colt to be a horse and luckily the colt couldn't remember how to be a horse.

The atheist is the default, it is what every one is before indoctrination. There is no indoctrination, to not iondoctrinate someone.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>Atheism is no more a religion than theism is. They are both just categories. Theists believe in the existence of one or more deities. Atheists are everybody else.
Funny how atheist when responding as this one, they cut out the proof for the statement they respond to.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya you dictate your rules about what a God must be!
If it doesn't fit you rules then he can't be GOD. LOL!
Are you the woman that keeps calling the highway patrol and telling them to move the deer crossing signs because too many deer are getting killed trying to cross where the signs are currently?
LOL. Nut Job.
No, you got it all wrong. I take the bible's word for it, and based on that, the buybull god is no god!
Tell me how does "all powerful" get whooped by the iron chariot?
Tell me how does "all knowing" not know, that bats are not birds?

Since: Mar 11

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

You have some very unnatural desires for the elderly which is creepy because you volunteer at nursing homes. Ewwwwww!

You just can't stop obsessing over my grandma ewwwwww. Certainly she would tell you by the way you verbally attack people and make Christianity look bad that you would be hell bound.
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your lies and dishonesty is at work again.
They are warming up hell for you - I got the email today about it.
Your grandma prays for you.[She's wasting her time.]

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist is a Religion.
Religion
Synonyms: credo, creed, cult, FAITH, persuasion
faith\ˈfāth\
noun
b (1): firm belief in something for which there is no proof
Atheism
Belief that there is no Deity or Deities.
Hence - Atheism = Religion
Okay, so here's the rest of your tripe.

As I said, theism is only a category. There are lots of different subcategories and religions under the umbrella of theism -- Hindus, Catholics, Orthodox Catholics, Protestants, Baptists, Mormons, etc.

There are also a lot of different subcategories of atheism -- Buddhists, Jainists, Humanists, etc.

As a category theism itself is NOT a belief in any specific thing. It just specifies those people who hold a belief in one or more deities.

As a category atheism itself is NOT a belief in any specific thing. It just specifies those people who do NOT hold a belief in one or more deities.

Anything else you try to add to that is just so much BS.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Hedonist wrote:
<quoted text>Atheism is no more a religion than theism is. They are both just categories. Theists believe in the existence of one or more deities. Atheists are everybody else.
No not at all, atheist believe God does not exist,Theist believe in one or more deities, agnostic would be the rest.

Another atheist lie. What a surprise. "NOT"

You are now the passive agnostic you try to keep painting yourself.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>No, you got it all wrong. I take the bible's word for it, and based on that, the buybull god is no god!
Tell me how does "all powerful" get whooped by the iron chariot?
Tell me how does "all knowing" not know, that bats are not birds?
Oh that's a new one!! LOL.
Did you just make up the buybull thing?

Wow never saw that one on any threads. LOL. Dolt.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>You have some very unnatural desires for the elderly which is creepy because you volunteer at nursing homes. Ewwwwww!

You just can't stop obsessing over my grandma ewwwwww. Certainly she would tell you by the way you verbally attack people and make Christianity look bad that you would be hell bound.
What happened to your other photo?

You know the one, the one where you're wearing the faded blue Moo moo?

Have you gotten that mole removed?

Ewwwwwww!

LOL

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
You have some very unnatural desires for the elderly which is creepy because you volunteer at nursing homes. Ewwwwww!
<quoted text>
Are you a male, or a fat broad with boobs to your waist? I'm assuming your male. Most men grow up and don't stay “momma's boys”, or “grandma's boys” either, you wimp. I remember your early whiny little posts,“my grandma this”, my grandma that”, blah blah blah. Who gives a sh*t what your grandma does? And if you had any decency you wouldn't have introduced her to the forum in the first place since she's probably a fine person, and you're nothing but a piece of sh*t. Go sit on the toilet. As to what your pore old worn out grandma might tell me, I don't give a fu*k, got that? LMAO

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, dude...you guys are kinda getting your ass kicked...you might want to let someone who can count keep score...
This one might be posted twice, lmao

Who appointed you judge of the forum?

Atheists always say they're winning, lol, and they think they can proclaim victory even when there is rotten egg all over their puny faces, lol.

You're the biggest loser in any forum I've ever been in. Your posts aren't worth stopping to read. You're a fool.

So go get rid of the rest of your poop, douchebag. You're full of it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
They hate because their soul is screaming for God and they Ignore it which causes internal strife.
You hit the nail on the head. They are crying and miserable. Nothing more pitiful than old fools, sad and alone.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is not a religion.
You lose again.
Atheism is a religion. You lose again.

Now it's your turn to say the opposite.

When you're finished, it will be my turn to repeat myself.

We can keep this going about 8 years.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

<quoted text>
Atheism is not a religion.
You lose again.
If you are going to post, you need to make a point, otherwise there is no point, lol.

Atheism is a religion. You lose again.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

<quoted text>
Why do atheists hate god?
They don't. They simply don't believe in it.
Do you hate Santa?
Atheists hate God.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Atheism Is a Religion

Found within the text:

“Here you have the atheistic religion in a nutshell: superhuman agency, devotion, self-selecting groups of people. Add to that the intense—even religious—zeal with which many atheists defend their claims. Let me tell you: The angriest ones can be as malicious as a coven of Westboro Baptists at a veteran’s funeral. Bill Maher himself took five minutes at the end of the next week's show to rant against anyone who would call atheism a religion.”

continued:

Atheists should embrace their religiosity, recognize the biological component that drives them to make sense of the world like the rest of us, and church it up. As the Man from Galilee once put it, render unto Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s. If you don’t believe in God, then you don’t owe him anything. And if my Facebook friends are any indication, you lost your sense of humor ages ago. Which means you atheists may have nothing left to lose but your taxable status.

http://reason.com/archives/2012/03/10/atheism...

“The angriest ones can be as malicious as a coven of Westboro Baptists at a veteran’s funeral.”

[Amen!]

“... you atheists may have nothing left to lose but your taxable status.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

The Religion of Atheism

Some Atheists recoil at the claim that Atheism is a religion and consider the notion absurd. Many would consider Atheism the antithesis of religion. Maybe you’ve heard such remarks as,“If Atheism is a religion then bald is a hair color.”

[Poster's insert: Yes, we have – Hedonist took credit for that without mentioning he grabbed it from a “mold” and without attributing it to the real author.]

It is a false analogy that asserts all religions are defined by a belief in a deity which we know is inaccurate because of such religions as Unitarian Universalists, Taoists or Buddhists.

Nonetheless, how is it that we can purchase ‘The Good Book: A Humanist Bible’ that includes their own version of the ‘Ten Commandments’ or attend The First Church of Atheism with services provided by an ordained Atheist minister but we can’t buy a box of hair color called bald?

[LOL]

continued:

The ‘New Atheism’ is placing faith in the belief that there is no God. Their belief system is based on science and philosophy. The ‘New Atheists’ use this belief system to interpret and relate to the world around them, defining their worldview as an overall perspective of life and the universe.

Atheists are known to have their own prophets like Charles Darwin, Friedrich Nietzsche, Ludwig Feuerbach, Vladimir Lenin, Karl Marx, or Voltaire.

They have their own preachers such as Christopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, and Daniel Dennett among others. Through their work these men are aggressively seeking to convert others.

Atheists have orthodoxy as they believe everything is unintentional, uninspired happenstance
via evolution. They base their beliefs on the ever changing developments of scientific scrutiny.

[Yes, atheism is a religion...]
continued:
http://stevedeace.com/news/the-religion-of-at...

“The ‘New Atheism’ is placing faith in the belief that there is no God. Their belief system is based on science and philosophy.”

[And they are very devout to their religion.]

Since: Mar 11

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

You do apparently as you already admitted to being her secret admirer. You and your butt buddy langoqueers remind me of the old snl skit with Steve Martin and billy crystal I believe on a cruise ship trying to hook up with elderly women. Now keep your hands off those elderly people at the nursing home you freak.

Ewwwww!
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who gives a sh*t what your grandma does? And if you had any decency you wouldn't have introduced her to the forum in the first place since she's probably a fine person, and you're nothing but a piece of sh*t. Go sit on the toilet. As to what your pore old worn out grandma might tell me, I don't give a fu*k, got that? LMAO

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
A survey published in the 2005 Encyclopedia Britannica stated that 2.3% of the world's population consists of individuals who profess "atheism, skepticism, disbelief, or irreligion, including the militantly antireligious." In regards to the 2.3% figure just mentioned, the 2005 survey cited by Encyclopedia Britannica survey did not include Buddhist in regards to the 2.3% figure and Buddhism can be theistic or atheistic."
Wikipedia:
"Another survey attributed to Britannica shows the population of atheists at around 2.4% of the world's population.[citation needed] It is difficult to determine whether atheism is growing or not"
Wikipedia :
"2005 poll by AP/Ipsos surveyed ten countries. Of the developed nations, people in the United States were most sure of the existence of God or a higher power (2% atheist, 4% agnostic)"
Wikipedia :
"According to one estimate, atheists make up about 2.3% of the world's population"
2005? Did you have go that far back to find something relevant to your mistaken way of thinking? You could have just done what all the other religitards do. Make something up and lie. Even if it were true, theism is not just Christain, it is every bit of space cadet crap that can be imagined, even the guys who wait for the bus from outer space. Those are your theist!

100% of babies born to theist parents, are atheist.

100%.... we didn't lose them, we never had them, they are atheist at birth. That means without theism, it does not mean non believer, even those infants are non believers too.

Being the children of theist, they will be indoctrinated to whatever invisible magic friend mind fantasy their parents play at.

There are many thousands of theistic bents, that the theist parents could be indoctrinating their children into. You go ahead and claim them all for the loon side, the worship of any and every god from Achelois to Zeus, from Kali to Beelzebub, they all make up that ever shrinking percentage, they are the vanishing theist.

Once upon a time, all these gods were believed in, and now it's only a tiny percentage, that are left, with even a few believers. >>> godchecker.com

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You flatter yourself.
Christians don't what your azz in heaven! We don't want to save you from yourself. We just want junk science stopped.
That might work out better for you, if you took your agenda to the science forum, and btw, tablets, smart phones, ipads, pcs, and even keyboards are proof that science is getting it right.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh look at the Snake Boy puppet is back! LOL
Snake boy learn the English language.
Atheist is a Religion.
Religion
Synonyms: credo, creed, cult, FAITH, persuasion
faith\ˈfāth\
noun
b (1): firm belief in something for which there is no proof
Atheism
Belief that there is no Deity or Deities.
Hence - Atheism = Religion
Atheist = not theist!
"A" means not.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min Buck Crick 224,358
Our world came from nothing? 11 hr NightSerf 240
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 15 hr Patrick 385
What does "Atheism" mean? 16 hr Reason Personified 10
Introducing The Universal Religion 17 hr Reason Personified 733
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 22 hr DonPanic 21,400
Talking some sense into you people... 23 hr religionisillness 24
•••
•••