Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Star Press

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Comments (Page 142)

Showing posts 2,821 - 2,840 of11,219
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 10

Orefield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"Actually belief without proof is what you do. I am waiting on some sort of evidence for you claim that your (or any other) god exists"
You believe that no God or Gods exist.
Yet you have no proof for that believe.
Therefore it's faith and faith is a religion.
Maybe not in the first one or second definition but its in the dictionary so like it or not it's a religion. Don't like it being a religion? Then show Proof of no God!
Other wise it's a religion.
You are so ignorant it hurts to read your drivel.

Do you believe bigfoot exists?
How about wizards?
How about flying unicorns?

Do you have any proof that those thing do not exist?
Than I guess you have quite a few religions you follow!!!!

Does it hurt to be that stupid?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>Notice how they re-write dictionaries? Discredit stories on CBS NEWS, etc.?

Then they accuse Christians of dishonesty. They prove how their godlessness is full of lies and deceit, but they aren't even convincing deceivers.

Jokes!!!

LMAO
That's why they have lost 98.7% of there flock!

Lol

A survey published in the 2005 Encyclopedia Britannica stated that 2.3% of the world's population consists of individuals who profess "atheism, skepticism, disbelief, or irreligion, including the militantly antireligious." In regards to the 2.3% figure just mentioned, the 2005 survey cited by Encyclopedia Britannica survey did not include Buddhist in regards to the 2.3% figure and Buddhism can be theistic or atheistic."

Wikipedia:

"Another survey attributed to Britannica shows the population of atheists at around 2.4% of the world's population.[citation needed] It is difficult to determine whether atheism is growing or not"

Wikipedia :

"2005 poll by AP/Ipsos surveyed ten countries. Of the developed nations, people in the United States were most sure of the existence of God or a higher power (2% atheist, 4% agnostic)"

Wikipedia :

"According to one estimate, atheists make up about 2.3% of the world's population"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>There was a time when people, as their religion, worshipped Zeus and Mars and Athena and so on.

That was their religion.

According to you, religion is not a myth.

So, according to you, the ancient gods Zeus and Mars and Athena are real?
Nope

Swing and a miss!

Religion is a Fact, deities may or may not be myths, no proof either way. Religion is the act of worshiping those deities. If just on person worshipped just one deity then religion would be a fact.
97.7% of the world population are Theist so can you connect the dots?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>So, again - according to you - anyone who believes without proof that there are no Unicorns has formed their own little religion (well, a pretty big one in this case...)

Where's the nearest "there aren't any Unicorns" church?
Swing and another miss!
Count is 0 and 2.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>100% of babies born to theist parents, are atheist.

100%.... we didn't lose them, we never had them, they are atheist at birth. That means without theism, it does not mean non believer, even those infants are non believers too.

Being the children of theist, they will be indoctrinated to whatever invisible magic friend mind fantasy their parents play at.

There are many thousands of theistic bents, that the theist parents could be indoctrinating their children into. You go ahead and claim them all for the loon side, the worship of any and every god from Achelois to Zeus, from Kali to Beelzebub, they all make up that ever shrinking percentage, they are the vanishing theist.

Once upon a time, all these gods were believed in, and now it's only a tiny percentage, that are left, with even a few believers. >>> godchecker.com
A survey published in the 2005 Encyclopedia Britannica stated that 2.3% of the world's population consists of individuals who profess "atheism, skepticism, disbelief, or irreligion, including the militantly antireligious." In regards to the 2.3% figure just mentioned, the 2005 survey cited by Encyclopedia Britannica survey did not include Buddhist in regards to the 2.3% figure and Buddhism can be theistic or atheistic."

Wikipedia:

"Another survey attributed to Britannica shows the population of atheists at around 2.4% of the world's population.[citation needed] It is difficult to determine whether atheism is growing or not"

Wikipedia :

"2005 poll by AP/Ipsos surveyed ten countries. Of the developed nations, people in the United States were most sure of the existence of God or a higher power (2% atheist, 4% agnostic)"

Wikipedia :

"According to one estimate, atheists make up about 2.3% of the world's population"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

The laughing atheist wrote:
<quoted text>I have read some of your posts....
Not very impressive. You apppear to be a less intelligent version of Derek(not that he would be considered intelligent by any standard). Is every believer on this thread so incompetent that they can't even hold up their end of a conversation without resorting to purposely misdefining words, and demanding proof that something does NOT exist? I see you have added an appeal to the majority, which of course is a logical fallacy.

If this is the best that the theist world has to offer, atheism should be universally accepted in no time.
Well you not universally accepted.

Wikipedia:

Wikipedia :

Wikipedia :

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

-Skeptic- wrote:
derek4 the failed Creationist trying desperately to spam his religious bullsh*t in the forums.

Prove your god or f*ck off it's been that simple since the dawn of time.

You liars are getting boring this century.
Go away Skippy

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>Did you and the laughable atheist come from the same momma? Your lack of common sense, and your manner of expression is about the same - and neither of you contribute anything to the forum except to make jokes of yourselves.

If you're stuck back in time, and you want to worship Zeus and Mars and Athena, feel free to do so – or just keep holding on to your godless faith in science with all it's frauds and misconduct, and embrace your atheistic religion – the choice is all yours, lol.
Derek
Look out the sock puppets are here.

LOL. What morons.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

It aint necessarily so wrote:
The Christian church has no respect for Americanisms such as church-state separation. Their church only gives lip service to such ideas. Their first four Commandments command religious observance, and exclusively to the Christian god.

Christian philosophy is anti-American in spirit. The models of government are authoritarian: the god over man, and the man of the house over his wife and children. There is no voting in heaven, and their god doesn't take surveys or count hands.

And there are no rights or freedoms in the bible - just the right to obey or burn.

Does anybody really doubt that if the church had the power to enforce its theocratic model that it wouldn't?

Even more so, has that church ever had the authority to burn witches at the stake or impale heretics in the iron maiden and said, "No, that is cruel and barbaric. We refuse to exercise that power"? Of course not.
You flatter yourself.
Christians don't what your azz in heaven! We don't want to save you from yourself. We just want junk science stopped.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Oh I know what the US constitution is.

It's something that American Christians wished their country didn't have.
Or no a sock puppet is lying!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Nice of you to accept that all the Hindu gods and goddesses are for real.
Oh another fool who doesn't know the difference between religion and Deities.

Religion is real!

re·li·gion\ri-ˈli-jən\
noun
1 a : the service and worship of God or the supernatural (2): commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance
2 : a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices.

Deities may or may not be real. No proof either way. Religion is real!!

What a Dolt!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

derek4 wrote:
The atheist's leap of faith

“According to the News Bureau at the University of Illinois, "Life did not begin with one primordial cell. Instead, there were initially at least three simple types of loosely constructed cellular organizations. They swam in a pool of genes, evolving in a communal way that aided one another in bootstrapping into the three distinct types of cells by sharing their evolutionary inventions."

I have some news for the University News Bureau. If you talk about life beginning as a "loosely constructed cellular organizations" that swam "in a pool of genes," then it wasn’t the beginning at all, because loosely constructed cellular organizations swimming in a pool of genes already existed.

Ex-atheist, Lee Strobel said, "Essentially, I realized that to stay an atheist, I would have to believe that nothing produces everything; non-life produces life; randomness produces fine-tuning; chaos produces information; unconsciousness produces consciousness; and non-reason produces reason. Those leaps of faith were simply too big for me to take ..."

For the beginning to be the beginning, there must be nothing. Zilch. If you disagree, in simple language, explain to me where I am going wrong. Tell me what was in the beginning--what was it that began the evolutionary process? Let me guess your answer. You don't know what it was, but you know that it wasn't God.”
http://www.pulltheplugonatheism.com/art09.sht...

“You don't know what it was, but you know that it wasn't God.”

[What a strange religion!]
"You don't know what it was, but you know that it wasn't God.”"

[What a strange religion!]

How true!

And a small religion 2.3%.
No other religion in the history of the earth Has lost more members then Atheist.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

derek4 wrote:
Why do atheists hate God?

Recently, I have had a lot of conversations with atheists. Many express a strong hatred of God. I have been at a loss to explain this. How can you hate someone you don’t believe in? Why the hostility? If God does not exist, shouldn’t atheists just relax and seek a good time before they become plant food? Why should it matter if people believe in God? Nothing matters if atheism is true.
http://creation.com/atheist-god-hate

“If God does not exist, shouldn’t atheists just relax and seek a good time before they become plant food?”

[SEEK A GOOD TIME? Naahhh.....they'd rather waste their time hating.]
They hate because their soul is screaming for God and they Ignore it which causes internal strife.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>Atheism is not a religion.

You lose again.
Oh look at the Snake Boy puppet is back! LOL

Snake boy learn the English language.

Atheist is a Religion.

Religion

Synonyms: credo, creed, cult, FAITH, persuasion

faith\ˈfāth\
noun

b (1): firm belief in something for which there is no proof

Atheism

Belief that there is no Deity or Deities.

Hence - Atheism = Religion

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

<quoted text>You are so ignorant it hurts to read your drivel.

Do you believe bigfoot exists?
How about wizards?
How about flying unicorns?

Do you have any proof that those thing do not exist?
Than I guess you have quite a few religions you follow!!!!

Does it hurt to be that stupid?
Sock puppet

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

<quoted text>
Atheism is not a religion.
You lose again.
I know, right?

What is it with religious people and their weird need to have everyone assigned to some religion - so much so that now they claim that people who don't even believe in god have formed their own religion?

Its creepy...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

<quoted text>
Why do atheists hate god?
They don't. They simply don't believe in it.
Do you hate Santa?
Good grief, don't bring up Santa! He'll say you're a priest in the Santa religion!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Swing and another miss!
Count is 0 and 2.
Actually, dude...you guys are kinda getting your ass kicked...you might want to let someone who can count keep score...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
They hate because their soul is screaming for God and they Ignore it which causes internal strife.
Umm...let me see...atheists are atheists because they secretly want to believe in god?

By your twisted logic that must mean that religious folks are really atheists running away from god.

Again...you guys are kinda creepy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh look at the Snake Boy puppet is back! LOL
Snake boy learn the English language.
Atheist is a Religion.
Religion
Synonyms: credo, creed, cult, FAITH, persuasion
faith\ˈfāth\
noun
b (1): firm belief in something for which there is no proof
Atheism
Belief that there is no Deity or Deities.
Hence - Atheism = Religion
Unicornism - the belief that there are no unicorns.

Hence - non believers of unicorns have formed a religion of...um...not believing in unicorns.

LOL...you're seriously messed up...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,821 - 2,840 of11,219
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••