Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Star Press

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Comments (Page 139)

Showing posts 2,761 - 2,780 of11,219
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a time when people, as their religion, worshipped Zeus and Mars and Athena and so on.
That was their religion.
According to you, religion is not a myth.
So, according to you, the ancient gods Zeus and Mars and Athena are real?
Did you and the laughable atheist come from the same momma? Your lack of common sense, and your manner of expression is about the same - and neither of you contribute anything to the forum except to make jokes of yourselves.

If you're stuck back in time, and you want to worship Zeus and Mars and Athena, feel free to do so – or just keep holding on to your godless faith in science with all it's frauds and misconduct, and embrace your atheistic religion – the choice is all yours, lol.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

-Skeptic- wrote:
derek4 the failed Creationist trying desperately to spam his religious bullsh*t in the forums.
Prove your god or f*ck off it's been that simple since the dawn of time.
You liars are getting boring this century.
What an enlightening, informative, and contributory post, lol. You have indeed made some wonderful points that would persuade the most serious Christian believer to convert to your godless religion: atheism and evolution.

I would also like to thank you for brightening our day with your cheery attitude and juvenile language.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

The laughing atheist wrote:
I see why you [a Christian apologist] would want to call atheism a religion, but it simply is not a religion. Period. That's it.
They call atheism a religion, and evidence based trust "faith," in an attempt to level the playing field by demeaning them both, which is remarkable in itself.
No thinking person considers it a religion. The fact that you do, simply takes away from any credibility that you might hope to enjoy in a debate on the subject.
That ship has long since sailed.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

It appears that you do not like the idea that your religion is not allowed to be taught in public schools. That's too bad for you. The US Constitution is very clear on the matter, but you can always send your kids to a religious school that is not funded with taxpayer money.
The Christian church has no respect for Americanisms such as church-state separation. Their church only gives lip service to such ideas. Their first four Commandments command religious observance, and exclusively to the Christian god.

Christian philosophy is anti-American in spirit. The models of government are authoritarian: the god over man, and the man of the house over his wife and children. There is no voting in heaven, and their god doesn't take surveys or count hands.

And there are no rights or freedoms in the bible - just the right to obey or burn.

Does anybody really doubt that if the church had the power to enforce its theocratic model that it wouldn't?

Even more so, has that church ever had the authority to burn witches at the stake or impale heretics in the iron maiden and said, "No, that is cruel and barbaric. We refuse to exercise that power"? Of course not.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you and the laughable atheist come from the same momma? Your lack of common sense, and your manner of expression is about the same - and neither of you contribute anything to the forum except to make jokes of yourselves.
If you're stuck back in time, and you want to worship Zeus and Mars and Athena, feel free to do so – or just keep holding on to your godless faith in science with all it's frauds and misconduct, and embrace your atheistic religion – the choice is all yours, lol.
That wasn't the point of my post or the person I was speaking to, Spam Boy.

The wheels really come off your posts when you have to use your own words instead of cutting and pasting spam...

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't backtrack to explain why I am here to the late bloomers. Nor do I owe you any explanation as to why I am here.
If, like most lazy atheists, you don't want to familiarize yourself with what's been going on to date in the forum, you can remain in the dark, or go back and catch up, or disappear off the planet, lol. The choice is all yours – I couldn't care less what you do. LMAO
What a beautiful example you are of the failure of Christian ethics in practice. You are a devout Christian, proud and fervent in your faith.

Yet, you are not half the person of any of the humanists that you post to.

Humanists have a better value system, and we embody those values better. Why don't you take a peak: http://www.secularhumanism.org/index.php... Here are a couple that spit in your god's eye:

Whereas your religion describes man as abject filth worthy of eternal torment, "we deplore efforts to denigrate human intelligence, to seek to explain the world in supernatural terms, and to look outside nature for salvation."

Whereas you pot repeatedly against the science, "we believe that scientific discovery and technology can contribute to the betterment of human life."

"We are committed to the principle of the separation of church and state."

Whereas you people scapegoat, demean, dehumanize and marginalize gays and atheists, among others, "we are concerned with securing justice and fairness in society and with eliminating discrimination and intolerance."

Just look at you. We can do better than your church. We always have.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

derek4 wrote:
“The Supreme Court has held that what makes a belief religious is "whether it is a sincere and meaningful belief occupying in the life of its possessor a place parallel to that filled by the God."
In Dred Scott v Sandford (1857), the US Supreme Court also affirmed that black people were only 3/5th of a person, not citizens, had no rights, and were considered property. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/aia/part4/4h2933.html

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

derek4 wrote:
Most Americans do not accept the theory of evolution. Instead, 51 percent of Americans say God created humans in their present form, and another three in 10 say that while humans evolved, God guided the process. Just 15 percent say humans evolved, and that God was not involved.
Christianity is endemic in America. It makes her a laughing stock in the West.

We are fixing that. As the ARIS data I just posted attests, your church is hemorrhaging adherents and social clout in America as we speak.

And that is a good thing. Your legacy will be Christian atheophobia, homophobia, sexual constipation, guilt and shame, misanthropic self-loathing, antiscientism, crusades, inquisitions, and a history of strife, division and death.

Your church's cultural hegemony just can't die fast enough.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

I have read some of your [Langoliers] posts....
Not very impressive. You apppear to be a less intelligent version of Derek(not that he would be considered intelligent by any standard). Is every believer on this thread so incompetent that they can't even hold up their end of a conversation without resorting to purposely misdefining words, and demanding proof that something does NOT exist? I see you have added an appeal to the majority, which of course is a logical fallacy.

If this is the best that the theist world has to offer, atheism should be universally accepted in no time.
Yes.

That is part of the value of this exercise. We don't teach the Dereks or Langoliers a thing. Nor do we need to be taught that they are incorrect.

But I think that most skeptics that have not spent time in an environment like this have no idea how damaging their religion really is, or the importance of diminishing its influence from public life.

Just look at the arguments of the Christians posting in this thread, and compare them with those forged from humanist values. Christian philosophy severely deforms psyches, both intellectually and morally, in direct proportion to the degree that informs the individual Christian.

You seem a little surprised by this. The regulars here are not. We are accustomed to it.

Don't we owe it posterity to help diminish this church in any way we can? I don't mean to persecute individual Christians, who are mostly victims of their church as well, but rather, to emphasize the sickness of Christian philosophy, and facilitate its rejection in best sellers, billboards, and message boards like these? Does that matter?

As I mentioned to Derek a few weeks a go, we are posting to people like him, even when we reply to his posts and address him. If Derek and I were the only two people on this thread, he would be alone. Posting to him is a waste of time. We post to one another. I am posting to you, even when I answer him. And my message is that his church is more pernicious than I think you knew.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

derek4 wrote:
You know, I've been wondering if all your thoughts are copy and pastes ... Have you no original ideas / opinions of your own? You aren't able to think for yourself?
Seriously? Are you really this insight-free? I haven't seen an original idea from you yet, and about 80-90% of the words that you have posted in this thread are preformatted Christian apologetics.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do we throw out the Constitution because there are people who have difficulties understanding it, many of them arriving at different interpretations that must be decided by our courts?
[Being as you're in the UK, you may not know what our Constitution is – if not, ask someone and they will explain it to you.]
“What happened to Nietzsche? What went wrong? When did this all begin? The aim of this inquiry is notwhat caused Nietzsche's madness; it is when his madness began. This is a significant question for philosophy, for if his street collapse was the culmination of a serious mental illness that had been underway for even a few weeks before this event, at least one or two of his six 1888 books must have been written under the spell of madness. If this were indeed the case, the difficult question is precisely how many of these books have been infected by his illness.”
http://www.bu.edu/paideia/existenz/volumes/Vo...
Oh I know what the US constitution is.

It's something that American Christians wished their country didn't have.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
That wasn't the point of my post or the person I was speaking to, Spam Boy.
The wheels really come off your posts when you have to use your own words instead of cutting and pasting spam...
You have no “points”, lmao.

You lose points each time you try to post.

You know why? Because there are no wheels turning in your pointed little head, lol.

There is nothing but a vacant space where your brain should be.

If you want to worship Zeus and Mars and Athena, feel free to do so – or just keep holding on to your godless faith in science with all it's frauds and misconduct, and embrace your atheistic religion – the choice is all yours.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
Religion is not a myth you Dolt!
Nice of you to accept that all the Hindu gods and goddesses are for real.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you checked the news on what the majority of AMERICANS accept?
From CBS NEWS, February 11, 2009:
Poll: Majority Reject Evolution
Most Americans do not accept the theory of evolution. Instead, 51 percent of Americans say God created humans in their present form, and another three in 10 say that while humans evolved, God guided the process. Just 15 percent say humans evolved, and that God was not involved.
These views are similar to what they were in November 2004 shortly after the presidential election.
http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-500160_162-965223...
Also, it was YOU who once posted this comment,“You should know that being in the minority doesn't mean you're wrong. What percentage of the population did Noah and his family make up?“
And I feel sure you remember that the answer you were given is 100%, lol.
I guess there's not much chance of Darwin appearing on American banknotes then.

Never mind, we think Darwin is great and he's on our £10 notes.

http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/banknotes/curr...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

The atheist's leap of faith

“According to the News Bureau at the University of Illinois, "Life did not begin with one primordial cell. Instead, there were initially at least three simple types of loosely constructed cellular organizations. They swam in a pool of genes, evolving in a communal way that aided one another in bootstrapping into the three distinct types of cells by sharing their evolutionary inventions."

I have some news for the University News Bureau. If you talk about life beginning as a "loosely constructed cellular organizations" that swam "in a pool of genes," then it wasn’t the beginning at all, because loosely constructed cellular organizations swimming in a pool of genes already existed.

Ex-atheist, Lee Strobel said, "Essentially, I realized that to stay an atheist, I would have to believe that nothing produces everything; non-life produces life; randomness produces fine-tuning; chaos produces information; unconsciousness produces consciousness; and non-reason produces reason. Those leaps of faith were simply too big for me to take ..."

For the beginning to be the beginning, there must be nothing. Zilch. If you disagree, in simple language, explain to me where I am going wrong. Tell me what was in the beginning--what was it that began the evolutionary process? Let me guess your answer. You don't know what it was, but you know that it wasn't God.”
http://www.pulltheplugonatheism.com/art09.sht...

“You don't know what it was, but you know that it wasn't God.”

[What a strange religion!]

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Atheists:'Hate' calls prompt removal of anti-faith signs

“The American Atheists group that posted billboards mocking Mormon and Christian beliefs to greet Democratic National Convention-goers in Charlotte next week have waved the white flag.

The signs slap at the mainline Protestant Christian faith of President Obama, the Mormon faith of GOP candidate Mitt Romney and their running mates' Catholicism.

Now, however, the billboards are down after an onslaught of threats, according to CNN's Belief Blog.

Amanda Knief, American Atheists' managing director, said in a statement quoted by CNN:

No subject, no idea should be above scrutiny -- and this includes religion in all forms.... We are saddened that by choosing to express our rights as atheists through questioning the religious beliefs of the men who want to be our president that our fellow citizens have responded with vitriol, threats and hate speech...

One sign calls God "sadistic" and Jesus "useless" as a savior (his image is shown as toast, literally) and conclude that atheism, by contrast, is "simply reasonable."
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/Relig...

“One sign calls God 'sadistic' "
[How can a non-existent God be sadistic? Can a pink unicorn be sadistic, lol?]

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Well - there you have it - if Darwin's mug is on your bank notes, that's all you need in the UK to prove to you that his theory is indisputable, lol.

I knew you'd find a way to prove beyond a doubt the theory has no flaws.

Thank you for your treasured contribution to the forum.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Wow, that was easy.
Do all the believers on these forums fold up and run away like derek4?

I guess when exposed and cornered, he had no choice.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

derek4 wrote:
Scientific Fraud, Accountability and Prison: The Curious Saga of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Two years ago, Judy Mikovits and the Whittemore-Peterson Institute for Neuro-Immune Disease were triumphant. Mikovits had just published a report inScience pointing to a retrovirus called XMRV as the possible cause of chronic fatigue syndrome, a little-understood illness characterized by debilitating flu-like symptoms that worsen with exertion. A wealthy woman whose daughter has the disease had started the institute in 2007 to study CFS, fibromyalgia, and Gulf War illness—and it wasn’t long before its researchers appeared to have shown they could succeed where two decades of government-led research had produced little.
Best of all for many CFS patients, the work seemed to offer undeniable proof of what they had long hoped to establish: that their disease has a physiological cause, not a psychological one.
But as of mid-November, the XMRV retrovirus research had been discredited and was suspected of being fraudulent; Mikovits sat clad in a blue jumpsuit in a California jail, accused of stealing lab notebooks and computer files from her former employer; the research program at the Whittemore-Peterson Institute was in disarray; and CFS patients were as confused as ever about the source of their illness and how to treat it.
http://www.itsokaytobesmart.com/post/14582350...
[“... research had been discredited and was suspected of being fraudulent; Mikovits sat clad in a blue jumpsuit in a California jail...” LMAO]
Well that certainly proves God is real..... NOT.

I see you're still enraged, um, I mean engaged in your courageous, losing battle to try and tie atheism to something it's not. How's that working for you? LOL. Getting alot of converts? LOL!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Khatru? After all that nice stuff I said about Darwin, I thought you would thank me.....

What's wrong - "cat got your tongue" - lol?

Of course, you do realize that "In God We Trust" on our currency is the proof God is real you have been looking for.

(The UK just hasn't found out yet - they always were behind.)

Shhhh ...... don't tell anyone, we'll keep it our secret. LMAO

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,761 - 2,780 of11,219
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••