Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Star Press

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Comments (Page 131)

Showing posts 2,601 - 2,620 of11,195
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
yawn (unimpressed)
Not very original. To avoid plagiarism, give credit to the author when you post.
“I'm not convinced that faith can move mountains, but I've seen what it can do to skyscrapers.”
William H. Gascoyne
http://stupidevilbastard.com/2009/09/ive_neve...
here's another:
http://godsnotwheregodsnot.blogspot.com/2007/...
And thank you, Hedonist, for demonstrating your sad irreverent disrespect to all the Americans who died at the hands of godless terrorists. You're a real patriot.
Those terrorists where anything but godless.

No doubt they prayed to Allah to ensure the success of their mission and secure their martyrdom.

Looks like Allah answered their prayers.

Perhaps you people are right - maybe prayer does work after all.

Since: Mar 11

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Indeed belief in the Abrahamic God lead those believers to their act of terror. Same God Christians and Jews pray to.

Well said as usual and thanks for your contributions to the forum.:)
Hedonist wrote:
Faith may not move mountains, but we have all seen what it can do to skyscrapers.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
yawn (unimpressed)
Not very original. To avoid plagiarism, give credit to the author when you post.
“I'm not convinced that faith can move mountains, but I've seen what it can do to skyscrapers.”
William H. Gascoyne
http://stupidevilbastard.com/2009/09/ive_neve...
here's another:
http://godsnotwheregodsnot.blogspot.com/2007/...
And thank you, Hedonist, for demonstrating your sad irreverent disrespect to all the Americans who died at the hands of godless terrorists. You're a real patriot.
Actually the origin is from Dr. Richard Dawkins -- "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings" But I was just working on the idea and not on a specific quote, I did not know about others who have also paraphrased this idea.

And I do NOT disrespect any Americans. I served my country in the USAF during Nam. But I do disrespect religious faith. It is far too often used to incite people to violence that they would not otherwise do.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

derek4 wrote:
Let me ask you, since you rambled on without any real focus - what's your chief complaint? Is it grammar or Darwin's quote?
His complaint is the same we all have with the lying your religion teaches so many of you to do for Jesus. We detest that. We object to a religion that teaches its adherents that lying is OK.
derek4 wrote:
Take up your complaint about the Darwin quote with the publishers of the thousands of quote links which quote it exactly as I posted it
We have no need or interest that. It is sufficient to keep posting what you do. Every example of you lying is helpful, especially now that you have been publicly apprised of what you are doing. When you continue to do it now, you reveal that you have no interest in the truth - just promoting your religion. That is enough.
derek4 wrote:
because if you stay on here 8 years and object to the quote with me, you're wasting your time.
Au contraire. Eight years of this will bring the message home loud and clear. It's why I have chosen to pile on at this point.
derek4 wrote:
I have no obligation to “filter” web page contents (lol). I provide links so that the reader can (1) read the material for themselves and (2) assess the credibility of the source. If they object to the content, they can be a prick like you and deny the material, or they can disregard the source, or they can contact the web page with concerns. When I do it that way, my friend, I am being honest (something that's rather foreign to you).
No, child of Jesus. We will continue to do what we are doing now. You be the Christian, we will be the humanists. Thank you for your cooperation.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

derek4 wrote:
Atheists have great faith in the science that has failed us.
Humanism and science will continue to lead mankind from the darkness and abyss of religious ignorance and bigotry. We do it every day. We are doing it now.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
"If the world hates you,
you know that it hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you."
(John 15:18-19)
It's easy to be detestable. The trick is to be better than that.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

derek4 wrote:
I welcome the hatred of atheists.
Humanists welcome the love of Christians.

We have better values. We have a better idea.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

derek4 wrote:
Spirituality May Help People Live Longer
As a Christian, you know nothing about spirituality, which has nothing to do with spirits or ghosts. Spirituality is a psychological experience, and a way of looking at nature. It's cardinal features are a sense of mystery, of awe, of gratitude, and of connectivity with man, life and the world.

There is nothing spiritual in Christian dogma, which is antithetical to that. Christianity teaches that man is horribly flawed, as is all matter. It teaches that man is wretched, and should feel grateful that his creator will even stomach his presence and not torture him for eternity. You call that love. You sneer when you use the phrases "of the flesh" and "worldly," as if we man is filth and so is his world.

A mature sense of spirituality, a gift of evolution, is a rich and robust experience. It is a wonderful feeling, and its expression and experience should be nurtured for its own sake.

With authentic spirituality, one understands that he is only experiencing one's own mind, as we do when we experience lust, humor, beauty, goodness, or value in something. This is my world, my planet, and my species. None are the garbage that your religion teaches that they are. As usual, your priests have mangled this matter, and sucked the life out of this for you in order to control you.

Your dogma blights mankind. It extinguishges authentic spirituality. We have better ideas - a better vision. We always have.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

derek4 wrote:
Go to Church, Live Longer
It just feels longer.

Besides, when you subtract out the thousands of hours reading ancient goatherd fairy tales, muttering at the ceiling fan, and listening to mind numbing sermons every Sunday morning, your useful life is dramatically reduced.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

derek4 wrote:
It was interesting in 2001, how many folks who had sort of "let go" of their faith suddenly called on God after the twin towers fell. That was 11 years ago
And you've been praying "God bless America" from your car bumpers ever since. How's that working out?

Christianity teaches a slave's philosophy that feeds on fear and suffering. That's why you do so much better on Skid Row and Death Row than Restaurant Row. You do better with losers than winners. Your cockroach spokesmen like Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell thrive in despair like that. Here's what those vermin said on television after 9/11:

[1] "And, I know that I'll hear from them for this. But, throwing God out successfully with the help of the federal court system, throwing God out of the public square, out of the schools. The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked. And when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad. I really believe that the Pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way - all of them who have tried to secularize America - I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen.' " - Jerry Falwell

[2] Robertson responded: "Well, I totally concur ... We have insulted God at the highest level of our government. Then, we say,'Why does this happen?' It is happening because God Almighty is lifting His protection from us. Once that protection is gone, we are vulnerable because we are a free society." - Pat Robertson Robertson

Are you proud of that? Do you agree with it? I'll bet you do.

America will be a better nation when we can teach enough Americans to rise above such fear mongering and demagoguery, and reject filth like that.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

"There are many hypotheses in science which are wrong. That's perfectly all right; they're the aperture to finding out what's right. Science is a self-correcting process. To be accepted, new ideas must survive the most rigorous standards of evidence and scrutiny." ~ Carl Sagan

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
It just feels longer.
LOL. What a hoot.

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me ask you, since you rambled on without any real focus -....
You're lying.

Why do Christians lie?

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
I often wonder, when I see meaningless posts like post 2686 (above) what the point to them is? Obviously, they are just someone's fat mouth “shooting off”. They are flat – they go nowhere – they have no substance – they are simply elementary grade level opinions, expressed in a childish manner. They are garbage fillers in the forum that just need to be thrown out with the dirty bathwater.
With all of today's technology in place to catch frauds and misconduct, science still fails us every day – how much more so over 100 years ago when the Darwin gang perpetrated their many frauds and myths of how our world began, lol.
No. They point out the dishonesty of posters like you.

Do we need to go over this again?

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
We applaud....
"We"?

You got a mouse in your pocket, fool?

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Hedonist wrote:
"There are many hypotheses in science which are wrong. That's perfectly all right; they're the aperture to finding out what's right. Science is a self-correcting process. To be accepted, new ideas must survive the most rigorous standards of evidence and scrutiny." ~ Carl Sagan
Bam!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, atheists don't believe in a god.

As for scientific accuracy, I'm sure there are as many different viewpoints as there are atheists.
Athiest is a Religion.

You must believe with out proof that God does not exist.

Believe with out proof is faith.

The dictionary says the word Religion can be substituted for the word Faith.

So you are here Preaching your religion.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you obviously don't understand it. How sad for you.
The sadness all belongs on your back for being a simpleton atheist who thinks there is anything profound to understand about your idiotic comment that atheists don't believe in a god. It's just typical of your brain dead thinking.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>We applaud you for your valuable contribution to the forum, and your enlightening observation informing us that “atheists don't believe in a god.” We had never heard that before.
Wow really? They don't believe in God?

Atheist claim all humans are born atheist. "Links can be provided"
This would mean that atheist have at one time 100% of the human population

So atheist start by default at 100%
Wikipedia states that the percent of the current world population that is Atheist is 2.3%. That would mean atheist have lost 97.7% of their congregation.

Now Theist start out at 0% of the population. And is currently at 97.7% of the world population.

Note to Atheist: you're losing your flock!
There not walking away they are running from you. 97.7%

Ouch!!!!!

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Saying evolution is a fraud is the best you people can do.
Unfortunately for you, there is no scientific evidence you have for your abracadbra alternative. Contrast that with the wealth of evidence that exists for evolution.
This leaves you in the sad and unenviable position of trying to cheapen science by attempting to get it down to the gutter-level of your religion.
What good is a wealth of fraudulent scientific evidence, lol?

And there we go,“sad” again.

Funny how many times atheists use the word sad, which says a lot about how they feel most of the time.

Like I told you once before, science has done a beautiful job of cheapening itself with no help from me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,601 - 2,620 of11,195
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••