Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 Full story: The Star Press 11,175

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Full Story

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#2619 Oct 7, 2012
MASTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Yes you are.
MASTER wrote:
<quoted text>
So you've changed name again Khatru.
Sock puppet!
Projection.

Columbus, OH

#2620 Oct 7, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we don't know that you have the actual quote since Darwin isn't here to speak to us about it. So, we go with the quote I posted (below) since I found it everywhere on the internet, by all kinds of sources. Here's what you need to do: Type the quote into Google (do you know how?) and hit the search button. You will find all the sources where the quote appears. Now you need to get busy and contact all the publishers of those web pages to get it corrected if you think they have it wrong, since I know you don't want any errors on the internet. Yo will be busy for a very long time. We will miss you, since you won't have any time left over to post in the forum.
“Often a cold shudder has run through me, and I have asked myself whether I may have not devoted myself to a fantasy.”
Charles Darwin
Repetition of a dishonest quote.

Please cite a reliable source.

Columbus, OH

#2621 Oct 7, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Previously addressed issue – will not be addressed again.
Let's translate: A Christian, caught in a lie, wants to move on.

Columbus, OH

#2622 Oct 7, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay – about the dash and the dashes, I apologize. I told you I would if you found a reputable link - right? So I hand that one to you. Glad I learned something I really will never use, since one dash is sufficient for me, but it doesn't hurt to know this trivia.
But – hey [lol]- did you know that “Even Einstein Had His Off Days”[?]
From The New York Times (from 2005):
You're welcome.

Fool.

Columbus, OH

#2623 Oct 7, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mere dismissal of a post means nothing except that others laugh at you for it.
Fine.

Identify the top scholars and provide cites to their agreement.

I'll wait.

Columbus, OH

#2624 Oct 7, 2012
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine.
I'll wait.
While waiting for Numb-nuts to provide his scholars and citations, let's get as close to a god as the music of the spheres will permit:

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

#2625 Oct 7, 2012
Have you accepted Jesus as your imaginary friend?

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#2626 Oct 7, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I don't two craps what the above text says. Hate speech is a non-crime, period. People who claim hate speech are just manipulative puss-bags that need to grow up.
Yep. Apparently, only certain people are allowed to be prosecuted for it.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#2627 Oct 7, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"That's a very ugly thing to post. Has any skeptic here wished for your death?"
Skeptic? Lol
Many atheist have.
Death is only ugly when the only door that opens is the Damed door.
Yeah! Him and his buddies kept praising Kaitlyn as an "excellent poster" even after he/she continuously suggested that I "swallow razor blades" or kill myself in various other ways. But it's ok when they do it to me...isn't it?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2628 Oct 8, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Previously addressed issue – will not be addressed again.
Said the religious liar with absolutely no evidence.

You are pathetic.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#2629 Oct 8, 2012
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Repetition of a dishonest quote.
Please cite a reliable source.
To repeat a portion of my prior post:

“Here's what you need to do: Type the quote into Google (do you know how?) and hit the search button. You will find all the sources where the quote appears. Now you need to get busy and contact all the publishers of those web pages to get it corrected if you think they have it wrong, since I know you don't want any errors on the internet. You will be busy for a very long time.”

Do you like “reliable sources” like the entertaining little youtube music video you posted for us, lol?

Tell you what, let's see you post some reliable sources that deny and credibly overturn the scientific fraud news reports in the New York Times and Washington Post I've already posted in the forum.

And you either get busy today and show us those links, or you will have proven once again you're just a fake, lmao. You have a lot of work cut out for you.....”YOU PORE THANG!” LMAO

And, with that, I move on and leave you behind to stagnate with your same old dead issues. You're very boring. You really are not a very participatory person – you're basically just a wimpy little nitpicker.

Location hidden

#2630 Oct 8, 2012
The stupidity of an atheist

Location hidden

#2631 Oct 8, 2012
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's translate: A Christian, caught in a lie, wants to move on.
You make replying so easy. One answer would covers almost everything you post:“I move on and leave you behind to stagnate with your dead issues.”

Location hidden

#2632 Oct 8, 2012
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome.
Fool.
What the heck, let's re-post this one – I know you enjoyed it, lol:

From The New York Times (from 2005):

“WE have now entered what is being celebrated as the Einstein Year, marking the centenary of the physicist's annus mirabilis in 1905, when he published three landmark papers - those that proved the existence of the atom, showed the validity of quantum physics and, of course, introduced the world to his theory of special relativity. Not bad for a beginner.

"It's not that I'm so smart," Einstein once said, "It's just that I stay with problems longer." Whatever the reason for his greatness, there is no doubt that this determination allowed him to invent courageous new physics and explore realms that nobody else had dared to investigate.

What he was not, however, was a perfect genius. In fact, when it came to the biggest scientific issue of all - the origin of the universe - he was utterly wrong. And while we should certainly laud his achievements over the next 12 months, we may learn a more valuable lesson by investigating Einstein's greatest failure.”

continued:
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/02/opinion/02s... ;

Notice how the piece concludes (lol):
“And, as we celebrate the Einstein Year, let's also bear in mind the fact that he was prepared to admit that he was wrong. Perhaps humility, more than anything, is the mark of true genius.”

Location hidden

#2633 Oct 8, 2012
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine.
I'll wait.
You're welcome to wait till hell freezes over.

By the way, I had an email from headquarters and they told me hell was being warming up in anticipation of your arrival.

LMAO

Location hidden

#2634 Oct 8, 2012
Discover Magazine reports on scientist illegally buying human eggs for his research:

“The disgraced South Korean researcher whose breakthrough cloning research was exposed as a fraud in 2005 now faces up to four years in prison. Prosecutors asked for the four-year sentence in court today, where the researcher, Hwang Woo-suk, is standing trial for fraud, misusing $2.25 million in state funds, and violating bioethics laws by illegally buying human eggs for his research.”
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/80beats/200...

Location hidden

#2635 Oct 8, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Have you accepted Jesus as your imaginary friend?
Your grandma has. She's a fool, right?

Beat some sense into her this Thanksgiving with your turkey leg.

Get the old broad a book on atheism for Christmas, lol.

Location hidden

#2636 Oct 8, 2012

Location hidden

#2637 Oct 8, 2012
From The New York Times:

In the fall of 2010, Dr. Ferric C. Fang made an unsettling discovery. Dr. Fang, who is editor in chief of the journal Infection and Immunity, found that one of his authors had doctored several papers.

continued:

The journal wound up retracting six of the papers from the author, Naoki Mori of the University of the Ryukyus in Japan. And it soon became clear that Infection and Immunity was hardly the only victim of Dr. Mori’s misconduct. Since then, other scientific journals have retracted two dozen of his papers, according to the watchdog blog Retraction Watch.

“Nobody had noticed the whole thing was rotten,” said Dr. Fang, who is a professor at the University of Washington School of Medicine.

Continued:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/17/science/ris...

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

#2638 Oct 8, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
An atheist returns to Christ (Jan '09) 33 min Thinking 4,113
Our world came from nothing? 36 min Thinking 499
Noah's flood real (Oct '12) 1 hr CunningLinguist 4,515
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr Patrick 22,460
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr CunningLinguist 227,905
The problem of evil and hate (Oct '13) 2 hr CunningLinguist 350
Can atheists pray? Gretta Vosper on Andrew W.K.... 14 hr Patrick 9
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••