Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Star Press

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Comments (Page 125)

Showing posts 2,481 - 2,500 of11,195
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>I was wondering whether you frequent a website called "Answers in Genesis"

I know that many believers do.

Here's what it has to say about the length of a day...

"Some creationists (especially progressive creationists) believe that the days listed in Genesis 1 are not ordinary 24-hour days, but are periods of varying length (depending on the practitioner). This allows them to make the creation account fit with secular ideas about the age of the universe. After all, the word day has several meanings even in English (as it does in the original Hebrew).

However, the account in Genesis is emphatic that the creation week consisted of six consecutive 24-hour periods, qualifying this with “morning/evening” and ordinal numbers (first, second, etc.). In fact, this was the general understanding of the account until recent times, when anti-biblical ideas crept into the church."

The Bible is unambiguous when it gives the ratio of the circumference of the circle to its diameter as 3.

All these explanations do is to try and convince the reader that the plain meaning of the text is not the obvious one.

If the Bible doesn't really mean what it says in this scripture then it can be just as misleading in other scriptures.
Every lie you've stated about the bible has been refuted.

When one spew lies as often as you do then their words become worthless just as yours words have.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>Why not condense your 6 posts of lying retarded Creationist bullsh*t into 1 post?

Do you really think we're going to get converted to your cult by mere exposure to your bullsh*t?
Go away Skippy

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Go away Skippy
This is Christianity.

Just say no.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>Because you're lying.
Nope

It's the truth. You are the liar.
You wouldn't know the truth if it was a one ton bison standing on your chest.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>Take a deep breath, back away from the keyboard slowly, and ask forgiveness for stealing the Jewish god.

Personally, I don't blame you; I blame Paul.
It would appear you are a sock of the puppet. That would make you a sock puppet, in other words you can't do a thing with out someone's hand shoved up your azz clear to your head.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>A 9 year old just for noticing the Eucharist?

Catholic priest, eh?
Sock puppet

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope
Childish nonsense.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>Are you one of those people that think we came from out of nothingness?
Are you one of those people that believe all life sprang forth in a puddle of goo as a single cell organism and evolved in to all live to have ever lived on this planet?

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope
The you can identify the "top Hebrew scholars"? And you can provide cites where they "all agree that the writer of Genesis 1 intended the word day to mean 24 hours."

I'll wait.

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Sock puppet
More childishness.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

<quoted text>Are you one of those people that think we came from out of nothingness?
Lets look at your believe.

Evolution: when you think of it you would have start at the very beginning with the primordial soup. Let's go back to the making of the soup. Rain falling on rocks for millions and millions of years washing the correct minerals and elements into a puddle to combine with the correct gases over millions of years. Then to make the fairy tail really good some thing some how created the spark of life and a speck of life came forth. Now this very primitive ( the most primitive life form ever ) lived long enough to mutate and mutate billions of times creating all forms of life ever to exist. Plants and animals adding more and more DNA along the way. Perfecting host and symbiont relationships. Fish and mammals swimming in the oceans some with gills others with blow holes then the birds in the sky and of course the birds that can't fly. Insects and ticks and worms.
Grass and trees and flowers. All from the speck of life that sprang to life with who knows how long of a life span.
Creating some as in algae to create oxygen that would be needed for the life forms that were to follow as it just kept mutating and adding DNA until the arrival of the great ape who figured it all out with no room for error and stood on his soap box and proclaimed this is how it happened no other explanation is possible.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Do you believe in the Big Bang?

According to the Big Bang, the whole universe started out as a tiny spinning object. This object would have been in a frictionless environment. The Conservation of Angular Momentum tells us that in a frictionless environment, if pieces fly off a spinning object they tend to spin in the same direction. This is due to the fact that the outer part is spinning faster than the inner part. If this whole universe began from the big bang, everything should be spinning the same way. However, everything is not spinning in the same direction. Two of the planets, Venus and Uranus, rotate backwards. Six of the moons in the solar system also rotate backwards...that pretty tough on the big bang theory

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the Big Bang, the whole universe started out as a tiny spinning object. This object would have been in a frictionless environment. The Conservation of Angular Momentum tells us that in a frictionless environment, if pieces fly off a spinning object they tend to spin in the same direction. This is due to the fact that the outer part is spinning faster than the inner part. If this whole universe began from the big bang, everything should be spinning the same way. However, everything is not spinning in the same direction. Two of the planets, Venus and Uranus, rotate backwards. Six of the moons in the solar system also rotate backwards...that pretty tough on the big bang theory
I'm still waiting for your identification of the "top Hebrew scholars" and cites to where they "all agree that the writer of Genesis 1 intended the word day to mean 24 hours."

You got those yet?

After that, we can talk about the Catholic priest who came up with the big bang theory.

And then, maybe,
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm still waiting for your identification of the "top Hebrew scholars" and cites to where they "all agree that the writer of Genesis 1 intended the word day to mean 24 hours."

You got those yet?

After that, we can talk about the Catholic priest who came up with the big bang theory.

And then, maybe, VCP can address your above confusion.
MASTER

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>Childish nonsense.
Yes, Yes you are.
MASTER

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>More childishness.
So you've changed name again Khatru.

Sock puppet!
MASTER

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Chess Jurist wrote:

You got those yet?

And then, maybe, Langoliers wrote, "<quoted text>
"

You got those yet?

And then, maybe, VCP can address your above confusion.
Please wait quietly.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Repeating your dishonesty just makes you more dishonest, child.
The actual Darwin quote is here:
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
Lying for Jesus is just lying. Lying for Jesus repeatedly may require professional intervention.
No, we don't know that you have the actual quote since Darwin isn't here to speak to us about it. So, we go with the quote I posted (below) since I found it everywhere on the internet, by all kinds of sources. Here's what you need to do: Type the quote into Google (do you know how?) and hit the search button. You will find all the sources where the quote appears. Now you need to get busy and contact all the publishers of those web pages to get it corrected if you think they have it wrong, since I know you don't want any errors on the internet. Yo will be busy for a very long time. We will miss you, since you won't have any time left over to post in the forum.

“Often a cold shudder has run through me, and I have asked myself whether I may have not devoted myself to a fantasy.”
Charles Darwin

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's translate: If Christians repeat the lie enough, it must be true.
The actual text:
<quoted text>
Darwin, Charles, Darwin, Francis, ed., Selected Letters on Evolution and Origin of Species (Courier Dover Publications' 1958 edition), pp. 224-5.
Why do Christians lie?
Previously addressed issue – will not be addressed again.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
It is pointless because you don't know the difference between an en and an em dash.
<quoted text>
See what I mean? Now, I recommend you learn the difference between an en and an em dash, for which the "double hyphen (--) is sometimes used" according to Dummies.com , which seems most apropos for someone who doesn't know the difference:
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/using-e...
Dummy.
Okay – about the dash and the dashes, I apologize. I told you I would if you found a reputable link - right? So I hand that one to you. Glad I learned something I really will never use, since one dash is sufficient for me, but it doesn't hurt to know this trivia.

But – hey [lol]- did you know that “Even Einstein Had His Off Days”[?]

From The New York Times (from 2005):

“WE have now entered what is being celebrated as the Einstein Year, marking the centenary of the physicist's annus mirabilis in 1905, when he published three landmark papers - those that proved the existence of the atom, showed the validity of quantum physics and, of course, introduced the world to his theory of special relativity. Not bad for a beginner.

"It's not that I'm so smart," Einstein once said, "It's just that I stay with problems longer." Whatever the reason for his greatness, there is no doubt that this determination allowed him to invent courageous new physics and explore realms that nobody else had dared to investigate.

What he was not, however, was a perfect genius. In fact, when it came to the biggest scientific issue of all - the origin of the universe - he was utterly wrong. And while we should certainly laud his achievements over the next 12 months, we may learn a more valuable lesson by investigating Einstein's greatest failure.”

continued:
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/02/opinion/02s...

Notice how the piece concludes (lol):
“And, as we celebrate the Einstein Year, let's also bear in mind the fact that he was prepared to admit that he was wrong. Perhaps humility, more than anything, is the mark of true genius.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you're lying.
Your mere dismissal of a post means nothing except that others laugh at you for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,481 - 2,500 of11,195
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 20 min Buck Crick 222,978
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 3 hr Texas 21,326
Our world came from nothing? 4 hr Patrick 15
Introducing The Universal Religion 5 hr NightSerf 718
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 11 hr ChristineM 802
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 15 hr Buck Crick 324
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... 15 hr Mikko 1,274
•••
•••