Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 Full story: The Star Press 11,175

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Full Story

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#2579 Oct 7, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way,I've been meaning to ask you something. Since you enjoy using two dashes side by side, why don't you put two commas side by side in your sentences, and two periods at the end of your sentences? You could start your own style, and teach Harvard a few things!(lol)
I'm telling you, it would be a great idea for you to apply for a job as editor of a scientific journal where fraudulent scientists post material. You're a joke, just like they are.
I appreciate you repeating your ignorance. After all, it is your ignorance that fuels your belief in an ancient myth.

Now, go learn the difference between an en and an em dash, goofy.

Christians. You can't take them anywhere.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#2580 Oct 7, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
And most human confuse atheist with Satanic worshipers. Oh never mind, I guess their correct with that one.
A fool's prattle.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#2581 Oct 7, 2012
Doctor Who Two wrote:
"It was Darwin's theory -- carried to its logical conclusion -- that led to the dead of some 11 million people at the hands of German Nazis."
Nonsense. Nobody is motivated to kill by Darwin's theory. I believe it, and have zero desire to kill, just like the millions of scientists on others educated in science who feel the same way.

What doomed those Jews was living in a Christian nation controlled by a psychopath. Hitler demagogued a culture in a way made possible by Christian culture - he convinced the Germans that exterminating the Jews was god's their will, which is easy to do.

Here's what really matters, and why we can say that Christianity failed the world again: If you were a Jew in Nazi Germany, and the only thing standing between you and the gas chambers was the quality of Christian morality, you didn't have much chance.

If you were waiting for these tens of millions of church trained Christians to stand up and say, "This is wrong! Stop, Herr Hitler!" you were a dead Jew. So what difference does it make what Hitler believed? What matters is what the German people believed, and they believed in Jesus.

If a demagogue needs to manufacture consent to perpetrate horrors, he can't do better than to have a Christian nation to work with. You just indicate that your goals are also the god's will, and you're good to go.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2582 Oct 7, 2012
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>Why, yes, it is true, scientists are indeed human. In any large group of human beings, there will be a range of qualities. Some folks will be honest, some not. Just like in a large sample of priests, there will be some child molesters, or among preachers there will be the occasional Ted Haggard, Jimmy Swaggart, Jim Bakker, etc. The important message from the stories you re-posted is that due to the rigor of the scientific method, people who falsify data or otherwise use bad science GET CAUGHT. The use of peer review and other fact checking mechanisms which are an inherent part of the scientific method protect the integrity of the research. In contrast to religion, which uses no method to fact check claims of invisible men in the sky.
His exact point.
Don't just buy into it because science hangs it's flag on it. Make science earn it's spots.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2583 Oct 7, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>I was wondering whether you frequent a website called "Answers in Genesis"

I know that many believers do.

Here's what it has to say about the length of a day...

"Some creationists (especially progressive creationists) believe that the days listed in Genesis 1 are not ordinary 24-hour days, but are periods of varying length (depending on the practitioner). This allows them to make the creation account fit with secular ideas about the age of the universe. After all, the word day has several meanings even in English (as it does in the original Hebrew).

However, the account in Genesis is emphatic that the creation week consisted of six consecutive 24-hour periods, qualifying this with “morning/evening” and ordinal numbers (first, second, etc.). In fact, this was the general understanding of the account until recent times, when anti-biblical ideas crept into the church."

The Bible is unambiguous when it gives the ratio of the circumference of the circle to its diameter as 3.

All these explanations do is to try and convince the reader that the plain meaning of the text is not the obvious one.

If the Bible doesn't really mean what it says in this scripture then it can be just as misleading in other scriptures.
I don't know about Doctor who II but that is a very good point that a lot Christian agree with you on. I don't. I believe a day is a day and not a era.

"The top Hebrew scholars all agree that the writer of Genesis 1 intended the word day to mean 24 hours. If they all agree ... then why can’t we?"

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/am/v...

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#2584 Oct 7, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
....
"The top Hebrew scholars all agree that the writer of Genesis 1 intended the word day to mean 24 hours. If they all agree ... then why can’t we?"
http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/am/v...
Because you're lying.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2585 Oct 7, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>In other words....

"Uh-oh! Khatru has posted something that I can't find any copy and paste apologetics for. This means that in order to refute him I'll need to try and think for myself which I can't possibly do.

I know, I'll completely ignore the points he raises and respond by calling him names. That's the Christian way."
"KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"The books that make up the Old Testament belong to the Jews"

Puppet boy, do even have a clue how stupid your statement is?

The Christian faith is the only faith with the Old Testament! Jews don't call those books the Old Testament.

Now you might want to write this down and bring it to your professor. One can not steal a religion. It's impossible!

Your statements are nothing more then Satan's puppet lies!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2586 Oct 7, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>You really shouldn't assess people the same way you assess yourself, otherwise everyone you meet is going to be a huge disappointment.

He is correct in his assessment of you. You are a Dolt, Clodhopper, idiot, moron, and a fool. You post lie after lie you claim God is a murderer and cruel parent then claim there is no God. You claim Christian stole the Old Testament, these claims are so childish they really don't deserve a response, and provide plenty of proof to KJV assessment of you.

You are a fumbling bumbling fool and a disgrace to your clan. You have a wooden head filled of termites.

It's time to go get more help on this thread because your AZZ has been handed to you and all your buddy.

You are not up to the task!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2587 Oct 7, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Zombies come back from the dead.

The Jesus zombie came back from the dead approximately 2000 years ago.

Jesus is a 2000 year old zombie who is sitting around in some alternative dimension.

Tell me, are you in telepathic communication with him?
10 year old level debate. Grow up or get out.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2588 Oct 7, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>If you're a Christian you don't just get to drink the blood of your god - you get to eat him too!

That's batshit crazy!
Lost another year you're now down to 9 year old level.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#2589 Oct 7, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"The books that make up the Old Testament belong to the Jews"
Puppet boy, do even have a clue how stupid your statement is?
The Christian faith is the only faith with the Old Testament! Jews don't call those books the Old Testament.
Now you might want to write this down and bring it to your professor. One can not steal a religion. It's impossible!
Your statements are nothing more then Satan's puppet lies!
Take a deep breath, back away from the keyboard slowly, and ask forgiveness for stealing the Jewish god.

Personally, I don't blame you; I blame Paul.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#2590 Oct 7, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Lost another year you're now down to 9 year old level.
A 9 year old just for noticing the Eucharist?

Catholic priest, eh?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2591 Oct 7, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>In a desperate attempt to get more followers Jesus now has to resort to appearing in a Dog's butthole!

http://christwire.org/2012/07/jesus-christ-ap...

How many Christians are lining up on pilgrimages to eat that version of their savior? Lmfao!!

The owner could charge believers to kiss the dog's butthole or pray to it saying it could only help them get to heaven!
"Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're a Christian you don't just get to drink the blood of your god - you get to eat him too!
That's batshit crazy!"

Yet another uninformed lie out of the mouth of atheist. Puppet boy is completely clue less about Christians!

Not all Christian faiths have communion

What an idiot!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2592 Oct 7, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, I see.

You're one of those people who believe that everything was just magicked into existence?

What I sometimes refer to as the abracadbra method of creation.
Well he beats you! You appear not to think at all.
Your attempt to respond to each and every post has shown us all just how true the statement ( keep your mouth shut and hide your ignorance or open your mouth and show everyone just how stupid you are ). We can all see the latter in your case.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#2593 Oct 7, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Well he beats you! You appear not to think at all.
Your attempt to respond to each and every post has shown us all just how true the statement ( keep your mouth shut and hide your ignorance or open your mouth and show everyone just how stupid you are ). We can all see the latter in your case.
Are you one of those people that think we came from out of nothingness?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2594 Oct 7, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Not a patch on the untold millions of fake miracles, cures, pieces of the cross, bones of saints, visions of Jesus, Mary, angels, etc, that religion has given us down the centuries.

Science is the best guide to this reality that we have, it's far more accurate than any of the many different holy writings that men claim has been authored by (or inspired by) the creator of the universe.

The success of science has been nothing short of spectacular and you know what? It will go on succeeding.

Remember. Of all the mysteries that science has provided explanations for, none of them have turned out to be magic.
Go ahead and worship your science here's a little tidbit you might want to know about your science.

When testing the first atomic bomb scientist were not sure that the chain reaction would stop or completely ingulf the entire planet. They took the chance!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2595 Oct 7, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>God isn't real, stop lying to intelligent atheists who've proven you wrong about Creationism already.
Go away Skippy

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2596 Oct 7, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>I was wondering whether you frequent a website called "Answers in Genesis"

I know that many believers do.

Here's what it has to say about the length of a day...

"Some creationists (especially progressive creationists) believe that the days listed in Genesis 1 are not ordinary 24-hour days, but are periods of varying length (depending on the practitioner). This allows them to make the creation account fit with secular ideas about the age of the universe. After all, the word day has several meanings even in English (as it does in the original Hebrew).

However, the account in Genesis is emphatic that the creation week consisted of six consecutive 24-hour periods, qualifying this with “morning/evening” and ordinal numbers (first, second, etc.). In fact, this was the general understanding of the account until recent times, when anti-biblical ideas crept into the church."

The Bible is unambiguous when it gives the ratio of the circumference of the circle to its diameter as 3.

All these explanations do is to try and convince the reader that the plain meaning of the text is not the obvious one.

If the Bible doesn't really mean what it says in this scripture then it can be just as misleading in other scriptures.
Every lie you've stated about the bible has been refuted.

When one spew lies as often as you do then their words become worthless just as yours words have.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2597 Oct 7, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>Why not condense your 6 posts of lying retarded Creationist bullsh*t into 1 post?

Do you really think we're going to get converted to your cult by mere exposure to your bullsh*t?
Go away Skippy

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#2598 Oct 7, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Go away Skippy
This is Christianity.

Just say no.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 15 min Morse 232,011
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 36 min Liam R 1,047
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 5 hr Friend of all 14,455
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 10 hr thetruth 29
Young atheists: The political leaders of tomorrow 10 hr thetruth 6
Why Christians should stick up for atheists 10 hr thetruth 8
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 21 hr QUITTNER Nov 27 2014 31

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE