Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Star Press

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Comments (Page 118)

Showing posts 2,341 - 2,360 of11,219
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>It's ok, I now know from the sick hatred of your posts that you're a xtian.

That 2000 year old zombie you worship will be proud of you.
It took you that long to figure out Langoliers? Can you say S L O W D O L T ?
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>No, but socks are oh-so-easy to spot.
I know! I'm looking right at one!
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Well, according to your god, Pi = 3

"It must be embarrassing for him when his own creation turns out to be smarter than he is."

It's embarrassing that you think you have this right?

Let us look at the truth of the claim you are making.

It must be embarrassing for him when his own creation turns out to be smarter than he is.
"From time to time sceptics have used these verses to ridicule the accuracy of the Bible by claiming that, if one uses the figures stated, the circumference of the vessel divided by its diameter gives 3.0, instead of the value pi π, 3.14159…).1"

"Closer examination shows there are at least two possible explanations.

The first concerns the meaning of the word cubit, and how it would have been used in measuring the vessel. A cubit was the length of a man’s forearm from the elbow to the extended fingertips. The Hebrew cubit was about 45 centimetres (18 inches). It is obvious that a man's forearm does not readily lend itself to the measurement of fractions of a forearm. In the Bible half a cubit is mentioned several times, but there is no mention of a third part of a cubit or a fourth part of a cubit, even though these fractions of ‘a third part’ and ‘a fourth part’ were used in volume and weight measurements.2 It therefore seems highly probable that any measurement of more than half a cubit would have been counted as a full cubit, and any measurement of less than half a cubit would have been rounded down to the nearest full cubit.

From 1 Kings 7:23 (‘a line of thirty cubits did compass it round about’), it appears that the circumference was measured with ‘a line’, i.e. a piece of string or cord on which the distance was marked, and this length would then have been measured off in cubits by the measurer, using his own or someone else’s forearm, or possibly a cubit-long rod. Similarly the diameter would have been marked on a line and ‘cubitized’ in the same way.

If the actual diameter was 9.65 cubits, for example, this would have been reckoned as 10 cubits. The actual circumference would then have been 30.32 cubits. This would have been reckoned as 30 cubits (9.6 cubits diameter gives 30.14 circumference, and so on). The ratio of true circumference to true diameter would then have been 30.32÷ 9.65 = 3.14, the true value for pi, even though the measured value (i.e. to the nearest cubit) was 30 ÷ 10 = 3."
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Well, according to your god, Pi = 3

It must be embarrassing for him when his own creation turns out to be smarter than he is.
Now shut your Pi hole!

Sorry couldn't resist.
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, I use "xtian" to annoy you.

Looks like it's working or you wouldn't have commented.

I'll just keep right on saying "xtian".

Is that ok with you, xtian?
xtian
Abbreviation of Christian.
Often used by atheist who participate in online debates and can't be bothered to keep writing "Christian". They often have too tough of a time spelling large words.
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Says the xtian who needs to use socks to try an bolster his feeble posts.
Let me get this straight, who are you calling all the same person?

Just need to know if you got all of them or if some are still good to use! LOL

Looks like your wood is going punky puppet boy.
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>He also commands you never to eat shellfish o rwear clothes made from mixed fabrics.

I trust you obey those orders.
Well if I was of that faith I most likely would. Sigh.

looks like I have to sit down for dinner I'm having Ham and Scallops. LOL
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>I never click on links posted by xtians

No doubt it's some apologetic waffle provided by some supplicant and simpering xtian who spends hie entire life bent in subservience to some unproveable supernatural being.

All I need to know is that the Bible says Pi = 3

I have no need of an interpretation provided by someone who thinks that genocide is a good thing.
"All I need to know is that the Bible says Pi = 3"

I know it's all you know. But you even got that wrong!

Oh the links aren't there for you to click on. Because then you would find out they have nothing to do with my post. They're just posted for eye candy. LOL

"example, this would have been reckoned as 10 cubits. The actual circumference would then have been 30.32 cubits. This would have been reckoned as 30 cubits (9.6 cubits diameter gives 30.14 circumference, and so on). The ratio of true circumference to true diameter would then have been 30.32÷ 9.65 = 3.14, the true value for pi, even though the measured value (i.e. to the nearest cubit) was 30 ÷ 10 = 3."

http://creation.mo bi/does-the-bible-say-pi-equal s-3
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>I usually ignore you, dingbat, but sounds like you are dictating your beliefs with that comment.

That's what the forum is all about, "Don't dictate beliefs."

LOL
LMFAO. puppet boy is really losing it!

LOL. What a Dolt!
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>I see.

So you hate all the killings that the Bible says your god did personally as well as the many that he ordered to be carried out.
Good entertainment !
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>ROFLMAO!!!!

You've been conned by a load of dark age theological gerrymandering.
http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-t0...

"Fulfilled Prophecies

The remarkable evidence of fulfilled prophecy is just one case in point. Hundreds of Bible prophecies have been fulfilled, specifically and meticulously, often long after the prophetic writer had passed away.

For example, Daniel the prophet predicted in about 538 BC (Daniel 9:24-27) that Christ would come as Israel's promised Savior and Prince 483 years after the Persian emperor would give the Jews authority to rebuild Jerusalem, which was then in ruins. This was clearly and definitely fulfilled, hundreds of years later.

There are extensive prophecies dealing with individual nations and cities and with the course of history in general, all of which have been literally fulfilled. More than 300 prophecies were fulfilled by Christ Himself at His first coming. Other prophecies deal with the spread of Christianity, as well as various false religions, and many other subjects.

There is no other book, ancient or modern, like this. The vague, and usually erroneous, prophecies of people like Jeanne Dixon, Nostradamus, Edgar Cayce, and others like them are not in the same category at all, and neither are other religious books such as the Koran, the Confucian Analects, and similar religious writings. Only the Bible manifests this remarkable prophetic evidence, and it does so on such a tremendous scale as to render completely absurd any explanation other than divine revelation."
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Ha!

I knew if I kept at it I'd draw you out.

Tell me, isn't it time you changed into langoliers?
LOL

To funny!
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>Soon as you change into Givemeliberty or Chess Jurist, I'll change into langoliers or KJV, lol.

But don't hold your breath, since I am just me and no one else.

Besides, I could never take credit for Noah and his family comprising the 100%- that wit belongs to Lanoliers. I'm still laughing over that one because it was so true and made you look so very much more stupid than you already did, lol.

You didn't deny you try to dictate your beliefs. How could you, being as you were so obvious with it?
"Besides, I could never take credit for Noah and his family comprising the 100%- that wit belongs to Lanoliers. I'm still laughing over that one because it was so true and made you look so very much more stupid than you already did, lol."

I almost pissed my pants when I read that one.
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>Okay.....and we Christians will try to respect your right to remain uninformed.
He's got a wooden head!
He can't learn. LOL
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Ha ha ha!

We all know what sort of things your information consists of.

Information like:

Talking snakes and donkeys, Pi = 3, bats are birds, rabbits chew the cud, genocide is good, dragons and cockatrices are real, subjugation of women is good, killing homosexuals is good, killing people for exercising freedom of religion is good, slavery is good, etc.

Neither do I want to read any information about the 2000 year old zombie that you're in telepathic contact with.
Why are you here?

You like being the fool?

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"Besides, I could never take credit for Noah and his family comprising the 100%- that wit belongs to Lanoliers. I'm still laughing over that one because it was so true and made you look so very much more stupid than you already did, lol."
I almost pissed my pants when I read that one.
Hahaha....it was a good one, right!

And so was this one from you to Miss Khatru, the UK dingbat:

KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>In other words, you don't trust Wikipedia, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Discover Magazine, Scientific American, rsm journals, The Chicago Tribune, etc (those are where most of my posts come from).

What sources support YOU? "Khatru", "Khatru", and "Khatru" ? Yee? LOl - that's what I thought. In other words, you have nothing.
He's got termites on the brain!

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all, your group is calling us 3 the same person! That would make us kind of special, being in 3 places at the same time and all that goes with that claim.
Who's my group, thief?
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Was Hitler a Christian?

Yes, he was. You can't dispute that. He considered himself Christain, and it doesn't matter what anybody says more than half a century later. Adolph Hitler was Christain.
"Adolph Hitler was Christain."

This is all the proof needed that "Reason Personified" never be taken seriously.
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>Hahaha....it was a good one, right!

And so was this one from you to Miss Khatru, the UK dingbat:

Thanks but they really make it to easy!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,341 - 2,360 of11,219
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••