Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Star Press

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Comments (Page 116)

Showing posts 2,301 - 2,320 of11,195
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
If I see a fool running towards a cliff I stand pat and watch the entertainment
Keep on running Khatru! Coast is clear!
Lol
You stand pat?

You mean you stand on a cowpat?

I guess the smell of shite is just too enticing for you to resist.

Anyway, it's posts like these that reveal how you're definitely a xtian.

No other religion has such warped and twisted followers.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"I know you're a Muslim."
Let see your proof.
It's ok, I now know from the sick hatred of your posts that you're a xtian.

That 2000 year old zombie you worship will be proud of you.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you hearing voices?
Lol
No, but socks are oh-so-easy to spot.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
God created Pi
He's the only one that knows all the digits of Pi.
Well, according to your god, Pi = 3

It must be embarrassing for him when his own creation turns out to be smarter than he is.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
xtian
Abbreviation of Christian.
Often used by atheist who participate in online debates and can't be bothered to keep writing "Christian". They often have too tough of a time spelling large words.
Actually, I use "xtian" to annoy you.

Looks like it's working or you wouldn't have commented.

I'll just keep right on saying "xtian".

Is that ok with you, xtian?

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude you're the puppet. Lol
Dolt!
Says the xtian who needs to use socks to try an bolster his feeble posts.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"So, although it is irrelevant, it demeans your faith in the way that Christians intend to demean unbelievers."
It does one thing and only one thing.
It shows off your inability to even slightly understand the Christian side of this discussion.
We all know the xtian side of your discussions involves wishing death on people.

You and your vile beliefs need to be banned from this forum.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok let me get this straight. You sit on these threads and post hundreds of vile post against Christians and their faith but I'm not allowed to attack on my fist address straight to you? Read below
God gives us a command to rid the earth of the like of you and your pet dog!
""Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt"
Now you know why we must attack you and the horse you rode in in!"
He also commands you never to eat shellfish o rwear clothes made from mixed fabrics.

I trust you obey those orders.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"1 Kings 7:26
And it was a handbreadth thick; and the brim thereof was wrought like the brim of a cup, like the flower of a lily; it held two thousand baths.
This suggests that the bowl was not paper-thin; it was a handbreadth thick. My dictionary simply defines a "handbreadth" as "the breadth of the hand - from 2 1/2 to 4 inches." I measured my own handbreadth - thumb to pinky with the hand laid flat, measured perpendicular to the arm - this is also hard to measure, made even harder by how tightly I place my fingers next to each other, but mine is about 4 inches.
But what if the circumference had been measured from the inside of the bowl, and the diameter from outside? Then the diameter of the inside is 10 cubits minus two handbreadths. Using my measurements, the circumference is 30 cubits times 18.5 inches per cubit equals 555 inches, the diameter of the inside is 177 inches: 185 inches (10 cubits times 18.5 inches) minus 8 inches for the two handbreadths. In this case Circumference / Diameter = 555 / 177 = 3.135593 (which is itself rounded), but this is much closer to what we think of us as the true value of pi."
http://jerry.praxisiimath.com/pi.html
I never click on links posted by xtians

No doubt it's some apologetic waffle provided by some supplicant and simpering xtian who spends hie entire life bent in subservience to some unproveable supernatural being.

All I need to know is that the Bible says Pi = 3

I have no need of an interpretation provided by someone who thinks that genocide is a good thing.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>You and your vile beliefs need to be banned from this forum.
I usually ignore you, dingbat, but sounds like you are dictating your beliefs with that comment.

That's what the forum is all about, "Don't dictate beliefs."

LOL

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesn't
Dolt warning.
I see.

So you hate all the killings that the Bible says your god did personally as well as the many that he ordered to be carried out.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"Unique among all books ever written, the Bible accurately foretells specific events-in detail-many years, sometimes centuries, before they occur. Approximately 2500 prophecies appear in the pages of the Bible, about 2000 of which already have been fulfilled to the letter—no errors."
http://www.reasons.org/articles/articles/fulf...
ROFLMAO!!!!

You've been conned by a load of dark age theological gerrymandering.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
I usually ignore you, dingbat, but sounds like you are dictating your beliefs with that comment.
That's what the forum is all about, "Don't dictate beliefs."
LOL
Ha!

I knew if I kept at it I'd draw you out.

Tell me, isn't it time you changed into langoliers?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Trials and Errors: Why Science Is Failing Us
http://www.wired.com/magazine/2011/12/ff_caus...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha!
I knew if I kept at it I'd draw you out.
Tell me, isn't it time you changed into langoliers?
Soon as you change into Givemeliberty or Chess Jurist, I'll change into langoliers or KJV, lol.

But don't hold your breath, since I am just me and no one else.

Besides, I could never take credit for Noah and his family comprising the 100%- that wit belongs to Lanoliers. I'm still laughing over that one because it was so true and made you look so very much more stupid than you already did, lol.

You didn't deny you try to dictate your beliefs. How could you, being as you were so obvious with it?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

From ABC News:

Science Textbooks Full of Errors

Twelve of the most popular science

textbooks used at middle schools across the nation are riddled with

errors, according to a two-year study led by a North Carolina State

University researcher.

The errors range from maps depicting the equator passing through the southern United States to a photo of singer Linda Ronstadt labeled as a silicon crystal.

None of the 12 textbooks has an acceptable level of accuracy, according to N.C. State physics professor John Hubisz, the report's author.

"These are terrible books, and they're probably a strong component of why we do so poorly in science," on standardized tests, he said.

"The books have a very large number of errors, many irrelevant photographs, complicated illustrations, experiments that could not possibly work, and drawings that represented impossible situations."

The study was financed with a $64,000 grant from the Lucille and David Packard Foundation.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Professor: Middle school science textbooks full of errors

Rife with inaccuracies, poor readability and egregious errors, middle school science textbooks may be inhibiting students' learning and are due for vast improvement, according to a recent study out of North Carolina State University.

John Hubisz, a visiting professor of physics at NCSU, examined in detail 12 popular middle school physical science texts that currently reach about 80 percent of American middle school students. The books ranged from the latest editions to those that are 10 years old.

Some of the more humorous errors found by the study include a photograph of singer Linda Ronstadt described as a silicon crystal in the 1997 edition of "Exploring Physical Science," published by Prentice-Hall; a photo of the Statue of Liberty that appeared backwards in four separate editions of the same book; and the placement of the equator as far north as Texas in South-Western Educational Publishing's "Science Links."

"It's not so much the errors as it is the sheer number," Hubisz emphasized. "Students are not able to see any kind of continuity.... The thing is that [these books] don't teach science."

The Durham public school system does not use any of the books reviewed in the study. This year the system adopted Glencoe's "Science Voyages" series, but for the past five years it used Glencoe's "Science Interactions," a book which was harshly criticized in the report.

"If one were forced to choose a book to use in middle school, it is a sorry state of affairs that among the most used books in the country this one would have to be it," Hubisz wrote.

Schools in North Carolina order books from a list approved by the state textbook commission. Among Hubisz's criticisms were suggestions for reforming this system. He recommended having scientists look over the books for accuracy.

At the Durham School of the Arts, a public magnet school, the eighth graders currently use a high school text, but until last year, they used a Prentice-Hall book criticized in the study. Eighth-grade science teacher Alex Hill specifically remembers errors with the chemistry section, especially the gas laws.

"The overall difficulty with science textbooks is to be appealing enough, simple enough, but retain seriousness of content," Hill said. "That is difficult criteria for creating a book."

The report also criticizes the textbooks' poor readability, which it said results from an excess of writers, overseers and editors.

"You can't write a book like that," said Hubisz, explaining how multiple authors create a glut of information. "Kids have no way of determining what is important information and what is not."

Additionally, when reviewers contacted some of the people listed as authors of the textbooks, almost none of them would claim to be an "author" and some had no idea they were listed as such. And when contacted by reviewers, publishers said corrections had been made. But when the corrected texts were examined by the reviewers, in many cases more errors were found. Additionally, many teachers do not have access to these latest corrected editions.

The eight reviewers are members of the American Association of Physics Teachers, with backgrounds in physics and teaching experience ranging from middle to graduate school.
http://www.dukechronicle.com/article/professo...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

They don't want the Bible in school, since they say it's not accurate. LMAO

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

50 errors detected in NCERT textbook

July, 2012

Teachers and educationists have complained to the government about errors in textbooks of the state and the Central boards alike.

Educationists have spotted nearly 50 mistakes in the Class 10 science textbook, which has been in circulation for the past six years among students enrolled with both the NCERT and the SCERT. With scientific diagrams carrying the most number of errors, educationists say it may affect students’ chances in competitive exams.
http://www.dnaindia.com/academy/report_50-err...

[so many more links about the same thing....lol]

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I never click on links posted by xtians
Okay.....and we Christians will try to respect your right to remain uninformed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,301 - 2,320 of11,195
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••