Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 Full story: The Star Press 11,175

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Full Story

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#2370 Oct 6, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.reasons.org/articles/articles/fulf...
"Unique among all books ever written, the Bible accurately foretells specific events-in detail-many years, sometimes centuries, before they occur. Approximately 2500 prophecies appear in the pages of the Bible, about 2000 of which already have been fulfilled to the letter—no errors."
What a hoot: Hugh Ross' website.

Ripped from Wiki:

"Ross believes that the vast majority of UFOs, flying saucers, and aliens can be scientifically explained, but for a tiny fraction of unexplained encounters they appear to be interactions with demons."

But at least you're crediting you apologetics now instead of stealing them.

Columbus, OH

#2371 Oct 6, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup! Selling them too!
What wimpy Dolt you are!
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Side track warning !
Wimpy Dolt.
Get back to me when you got something other than childishness, eh?

Columbus, OH

#2372 Oct 6, 2012
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you're admitting Christianity belongs trash heap of history.
Or is it all ancient myths but yours?
belongs - belongs on

Columbus, OH

#2373 Oct 6, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
So a future fiction writer reads previous vaguely worded fiction and makes up similar sounding vaguely worded crap.
Hey check this out! I say in the next five ears bad things will happen! People will suffer greatly and die! Famine will spread like wildfire across under developed countries! Anger and rage will boil over causing innocents blood to be spilled! A mighty leader will be shamed and lose power. Earthquakes and mighty storms from the ocean will obliterate life and destroy homes. Disease will ravage millions killing them as insects. Wealth seekers shall wail and mourn as their fortunes evaporate. A talented musician will commit suicide and others will die by overdose.
Let's see how many of these come true. If a majority do come true I guess I am a prophet yes?
<quoted text>
Hosanna!

Since: Mar 11

Florence, KY

#2374 Oct 6, 2012
I often ask local godbots who want to quote me scripture before they get going, so why should anyone care what the bible says?

90% it cuts them to the quick so fast they walk away stammering and muttering to themselves. If they curse me to hell I smile and say, Then I might as well get my money's worth. And stare at them with a wicked smile.

Actually had a Christhole start crying when I did that!
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>Hosanna!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#2375 Oct 6, 2012
Khatru wrote:
There may well be a black hole in the vicinity of Cygnus X-1. Perhaps it swallowed up Jesus.

Ps. I'm still laughing at the idiot who says that the Bible was describing helicopters!
Yet you didn't post your YouTube link of Jesus and the helicopter.

Fennario

#2376 Oct 6, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a net GAIN of 500 churches per year.
Is that math to hard for you?
No. But you still confirmed the man's claim that 3500 churches a year close.

Why is that? What happens to those congregations? Are they just thinning out so much that the pastor or minister has to find gainful employment?

As I recall, your link left me with the impression that the new churches were mostly seed churches being planted like so many hair plugs by some organized money with an agenda. If so, most of them will likely fail as well. Mene mene: the writing is on the wall for the American church. Just look at Europe.

Fennario

#2377 Oct 6, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
You know you should write children books!
Thanks.

Fennario

#2378 Oct 6, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
Your wit has run out. You're simply boring now.
Sorry.

Fennario

#2379 Oct 6, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
Link or it isn't. LOL
http://www.wpclipart.com/food/meat/sausage/sa...

Fennario

#2380 Oct 6, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Your post confirmed his:

His post: "3500 — 4000 churches close their doors each year."
Your post: "3500 churches will close their doors"
KJV wrote:
Really, you think that's the same?
Yes. Consistent, anyway.
KJV wrote:
One post 3500 to 4000 churches close down every year. The other says about 4000 new churches open ever year while about 3500 close leaving a GROWTH of 500 churches.
Yes, they do.
KJV wrote:
His post was saying last nights football score was 24 to 9 Raiders! While the finale score was 24 to 30 Packers.
Posting the half time score as if it was the finale score is as miss leading as an all out lie.
No. His post was the equivalent of saying that the Raiders scored 24 points. The rebuttal was "No they didn't. The Packers scored thirty. Here's the score: 30-24."

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#2381 Oct 6, 2012
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you're admitting Christianity belongs trash heap of history.
Or is it all ancient myths but yours?
I don't believe in myths, remember? Actually, I had the myths of science in mind, lol.

TEN MYTHS OF SCIENCE

" ... the ten myths of science, as recognized by W. McComas of the School of Education, University of Southern California. McComas analyzes each "myth" in depth, explaining why it is not a "truth."

Myth 1. Hypotheses turn into theories which eventually become enshrined as laws.
Myth 2. Hypotheses are really only educated guesses.
Myth 3. There exists a scientific method that is general and universal.
Myth 4. Certainty results when facts are accumulated and analyzed.
Myth 5. The scientific method leads to absolute truth.
Myth 6. Science is less creative than it is procedural.
Myth 7. All questions posed by the universe can be answered via the scientific method.
Myth 8. High objectivity is the hallmark of science.
Myth 9. Scientific knowledge is based mainly on experiment.
Myth 10. Scientists always review and check the work of their colleagues.
(McComas, William; "Ten Myths of Science: Reexamining What We Think We Know...," School Science & Mathematics, vol. 96, January 1, 1996. Cr. M. Truzzi)

http://www.bluffton.edu/~bergerd/NSC_111/TenM...

Location hidden

#2382 Oct 6, 2012
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
In a letter to Sir Charles Lydell, one of Charles Darwin's mentors, Darwin *actually* wrote:
"You seemed to have worked admirably on the species question; there could not have been a better plan than reading up on the opposite side. I rejoice profoundly that you intend admitting the doctrine of modification in your new edition;* nothing, I am convinced, could be more important for its success. I honour you most sincerely. To have maintained in the position of a master, one side of a question for thirty years, and then deliberately give it up, is a fact to which I much doubt whether the records of science offer a parallel. For myself, also, I rejoice profoundly; for, thinking of so many cases of men pursuing an illusion for years, often and often a cold shudder has run through me, and I have asked myself whether I may not have devoted my life to a phantasy.*Now I look at it as morally impossible that investigators of truth, like you and Hooker, can be wholly wrong, and therefore I rest in peace.* Thank you for criticisms, which, if there be a second edition, I will attend to. I have been thinking that if I am much execrated as an atheist, etc., whether the admission of the doctrine of natural selection could injure your works; but I hope and think not, for as far as I can remember, the virulence of bigotry is expended on the first offender, and those who adopt his views are only pitied as deluded, by the wise and cheerful bigots."
Darwin, Charles, Darwin, Francis, ed., Selected Letters on Evolution and Origin of Species (Courier Dover Publications' 1958 edition), pp. 224-5.(My emphasis.)
Why are Christians so dishonest?
Lol – No dishonesty from me. The Darwin quotation you are objecting to was found here:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/6086650/EVOLUTION-C...

It was also found on other web pages. In fact, it's all over the internet, exactly as I copied and pasted it:“Often a cold shudder has run through me, and I have asked myself whether I may have not devoted myself to a fantasy.”

Should you wish to dispute the quotation or the authenticity of it, you need to contact the web pages, not me. You have your work cut out for you, since there are many, many web pages which publish the quote just as I posted it, but I'm sure they will all be delighted to hear from you. I have no interest in your post, but maybe one of the web page publishers will offer you a position on their editorial staff; lmao.

Location hidden

#2383 Oct 6, 2012
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't study grammar; I just make fun of your lack of it.
And, yes, your fascination with -- and reliance on -- dishonesty has already been noted.
Do we need yet another recap?
Thanks for admitting your ignorance in grammar, but you didn't need to tell us.

It's rather obvious from your clumsy construction and use of double dashes in this grammatically incorrect sentence you composed:

“And, yes, your fascination with -- and reliance on -- dishonesty has already been noted.”

You're an uneducated fool and a childish whiner.

Location hidden

#2384 Oct 6, 2012
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
What a hoot: Hugh Ross' website.
Ripped from Wiki:
"Ross believes that the vast majority of UFOs, flying saucers, and aliens can be scientifically explained, but for a tiny fraction of unexplained encounters they appear to be interactions with demons."
But at least you're crediting you apologetics now instead of stealing them.
If you wish to dispute the contents of any web page, you need to contact the publisher of the page, or the author of the content to which you object - not the forum poster who provided you with the link.

Location hidden

#2385 Oct 6, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
I often ask local godbots who want to quote me scripture before they get going, so why should anyone care what the bible says?
90% it cuts them to the quick so fast they walk away stammering and muttering to themselves. If they curse me to hell I smile and say, Then I might as well get my money's worth. And stare at them with a wicked smile.
Actually had a Christhole start crying when I did that!
<quoted text>
No tears from me, lmao

It never bothers me in the least how you smile or don't smile, or if you care or don't care what the Bible says. I leave those petty worries to your grandma.

Location hidden

#2386 Oct 6, 2012
Shattering the Myths of Darwinism

Compelling evidence that the most important assumptions on which Darwinism rests are wrong.
The controversial best-seller that sent Oxford University and Nature magazine into a frenzy has at last come to the United States. Shattering the Myths of Darwinism exposes the gaping holes in an ideology that has reigned unchallenged over the scientific world for a century. Darwinism is considered to be hard fact, the only acceptable explanation for the formation of life on Earth, but with keen insight and objectivity Richard Milton reveals that the theory totters atop a shambles of outdated and circumstantial evidence which in any less controversial field would have been questioned long ago. Sticking to the facts at hand and tackling a vast array of topics, Shattering the Myths of Darwinism offers compelling evidence that the theory of evolution has become an act of faith rather than a functioning science, and that not until the scientific method is applied to it and the right questions are asked will we ever get the true answers to the mystery of life on Earth.

http://www.amazon.com/Shattering-Myths-Darwin...

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#2387 Oct 6, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
If I see a fool running towards a cliff I stand pat and watch the entertainment
Keep on running Khatru! Coast is clear!
Lol
You stand pat?

You mean you stand on a cowpat?

I guess the smell of shite is just too enticing for you to resist.

Anyway, it's posts like these that reveal how you're definitely a xtian.

No other religion has such warped and twisted followers.

Nottingham, UK

#2388 Oct 6, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"I know you're a Muslim."
Let see your proof.
It's ok, I now know from the sick hatred of your posts that you're a xtian.

That 2000 year old zombie you worship will be proud of you.

Nottingham, UK

#2389 Oct 6, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you hearing voices?
Lol
No, but socks are oh-so-easy to spot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr _Bad Company 23,267
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Joe fortuna 233,155
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 1 hr Morse 5,951
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr RayOne 2,621
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 3 hr SnuffAGlobalisst 23
Atheism: On the Rise? (Jan '13) 8 hr Dee 41
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 8 hr _Bad Company 1,458
More from around the web