Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 Full story: The Star Press 11,175

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Full Story

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2186 Oct 3, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>In other words - you have no proof.

No surprises there, then.

Just one of many believers who hasn't been able to find their frightened god.
Again an atheist is lying.
Stop the presses!!!

LOL

Fricking atheist puppet,
You faith is collapsing and you're in panic mode.

Location hidden

#2187 Oct 3, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>I couldn't help but notice your complete failure to refute me.

You have no substance.

Why am I not surprised?
No need, your own words reveals you bumbling rambling or nonsense.
Anyone can see through your lost faith.
Atheist all over and on this thread INSIST that all humans are born Atheist. While I agree with many that this is ludicrous, Atheist what to claim all humans are born atheist this is to getting people use to atheism in hopes people will become more comfortable with it and let their guard down.

Well using their (Atheist) definition on atheist, "all humans are born atheist"
Using this and Wikipedia numbers on current percentage of living humans that are atheist in the world today. We see where this faith is headed.
(Yes it is a faith because you have no proof that God does not exist, hence Faith, "see Religion")

100% of people living today were (according to atheist) at one time were Atheist. Today 2.3% of the population of the world is today Atheist.

They (Atheist) lost 97.7% of their followers.

Theist started out with 0% of human population and today 97.7% are Theist world wide.

Puppet man the fact say you're losing!

And those numbers make you look line a bigger fool the You already are.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#2188 Oct 3, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Waiting for those links not excuses and redirections.
Links or it didn't happen.
LOL, I don't work for you and I owe you zilch.

Maybe you should stop being the lazy little grandma's boy or girl that you are and do your research.

You started it:“All these churches closing down are hoping someone buys them as well. One in my area was made into a strip club. Neat!”

….So get your ass busy and post your own links.

I already have mine --- when yours go up, mine go up or you're the liar. The choice is all yours. I couldn't care less what you do.

Location hidden

#2189 Oct 3, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Obviously :)
He has a little more time to back up his claim or lose.
<quoted text>
I lose nothing, lmao

What is it you're winning? As*hole of the month award?(I thought so.)

Location hidden

#2190 Oct 3, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>I know he doesn't exist - he's as unprovable as the tooth fairy is to a child.

Yet because you believe he exists, I prefer to take the fight to you and beat you on your home ground. You xtians make it so easy.

So, what brand of xtian are you anyway?

Mormon? Protestant? Catholic? Greek Orthodox? Jehovah's Witness? Unitarian?
"I know he doesn't exist - he's as unprovable as the tooth fairy is to a child."

There is the old open mouth insert foot phrase!

You can't make this stuff up!

Thanks I needed a good laugh today.

What a Dolt!!

Location hidden

#2191 Oct 3, 2012
Total U.S. Churches No Longer in Decline, Researchers Say

“We often hear about churches closing their doors in the U.S. But some may be surprised to hear that the total number of churches is not in decline anymore.

An important shift happened in recent years, according to researchers Ed Stetzer and Warren Bird. After decades of net decline, more U.S. churches are being started each year than are being closed.

The credit largely goes to the recent increase in enthusiasm for church planting. Stetzer, who leads LifeWay Research, says church planting has become the "it" thing right now and the new evangelism.

So many new churches are springing up that Stetzer and Bird believe the U.S. is on the edge of seeing a major breakthrough in church multiplication, they write in the newly released Viral Churches: Helping Church Planters Become Movement Makers.”
http://www.christianpost.com/news/total-us-ch...

Location hidden

#2192 Oct 3, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Do you also really love all the killings in the Bible that your god carries out?
News flash to puppet boy.
Everything was made by God
He owns it all, he makes the rules!

Not you bucko!

Location hidden

#2193 Oct 3, 2012
The 6 Ballsiest Scientific Frauds (People Actually Fell For)

LOL

http://www.cracked.com/article_16696_the-6-ba...

Location hidden

#2194 Oct 3, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>Was Hitler a Christian?

"Hitler was a neo-pagan terrorist whose conscience was not informed by Christianity, but by pseudo-scientific racist philosophies. Hitler hated the Catholic Church, made plans to kill the Pope, authorized the murder of thousands of priests and nuns, and did everything he could to suppress the influence of the Church. In 1933, Hitler said,'It is through the peasantry that we shall really be able to destroy Christianity because there is in them a true religion rooted in nature and blood.'"

[further down, within the text:]

“... atheists looking for a quick cheap-shot may claim Hitler was a Christian; similarly, Christians looking for a quick shot may claim he was an atheist. Know what? Hitler was a vegetarian! Oooh, those evil vegetarians! He also recommended that parents give their children milk to drink instead of beer and started the first anti-smoking campaign.(So by the "reasoning" used in these types of arguments, if you are truly anti-Hitler, you should smoke heavily and only give your baby beer!) Better watch out, though he was an oxygen-breather, too! In other words, does it really matter whether Hitler was an atheist or a Christian or whatever? Just because somebody may hold a particular worldview (along with other views) doesn't make him a spokesman for that view, or even remotely representative of others who hold that view.”

continued:
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1699...

Hitler was an imposter, not a Christian.... a deceiver, and not even a good one.

Did Stalin kill more people than Hitler?

Answer:

Yes, Stalin killed more, although neither ordered killing directly. They often just hinted at it.
Hitler hinted at the killling of 17 million.

Stalin has estimated murders of between 3 and 60 million people - it is currently generally said that he killed over 20 million people during his leadership.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Did_Stalin_kill_mor...
Yes that they have no foundation for the crazy claims. But their claims are I guess suppose to bother us, and bring shame on us.
They fail to realize BS is just plan old BS and does not mean squat.

Location hidden

#2195 Oct 3, 2012
Many different religions currently or previously have claimed to be the fastest growing religion. The world's largest religions that are showing increases that outrun birth-rate include Christianity, Islam, and Hinduism.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claims_to_be_the...

Location hidden

#2196 Oct 3, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes that they have no foundation for the crazy claims. But their claims are I guess suppose to bother us, and bring shame on us.
They fail to realize BS is just plan old BS and does not mean squat.
They don't want to "plough" through information with reliable references that has already been posted.

[Hitler was not Christian.]

So they make a laughingstock of themselves when they post from their ignorance.

Then they whine.

Location hidden

#2197 Oct 3, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Dearth Vader like God is a work of fiction yet both in their work of fiction were murderers of the innocent.
Oh boy!

Ya right!

Have you completely run out of brains?

Location hidden

#2198 Oct 3, 2012
From WebMD:

Spirituality May Help People Live Longer

Discover why some believe that older people who regularly attend religious services appear to have better health.

Why do older people who regularly attend religious services appear to live longer and have better health? Is it something about the type of people they are? Or is it something related to their visits to churches or synagogues -- perhaps increased contact with other people?

A growing body of research is beginning to define the complex connections between religious and spiritual beliefs and practices and an individual's physical and psychological health. No one says it's as simple as going to services or "finding religion" later in life. It may be that people who are more involved in religious activities or are personally more spiritual are doing something that makes them feel better emotionally and helps them live longer and more healthily. The question, researchers say, is what exactly are they doing?

... continued:

Go to Church, Live Longer

Among the most recent findings in this area: People who attend religious services at least once a week are less likely to die in a given period of time than people who attend services less often.

continued:

http://www.webmd.com/balance/features/spiritu...

Location hidden

#2199 Oct 3, 2012
[LOL - Dingbat atheists posted comments that Christians are wasting their Sundays in church!!!]

Churchgoers may have an extra reason besides Easter to don their Sunday best. A new study by researchers in California provides more evidence that regular church attendance is linked to a longer, healthier life.

In the study, researchers from the Human Population Laboratories of the Public Health Institute and the California Department of Health Services, and from the University of California, Berkeley, found that people who attended religious services once a week had significantly lower risks of death compared with those who attended less frequently or never, even after adjusting for age, health behaviors and other risk factors. The study will be published April 4 in the International Journal of Psychiatry in Medicine.

"We found this difference even after adjusting for factors such as social connections and health behaviors, including smoking and exercising," said Doug Oman, lead author of the study and a lecturer at UC Berkeley's School of Public Health. "The fact that the risk of death by several different causes is lower for those who attend religious services every week suggests that we should look to some psychological factor for answers. Maybe frequent attendees experience a greater sense of inner peace, perhaps because they can draw upon religious coping practices to help them deal with stressful events."

continued:
http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/news/ar...

The study was supported by grants from the National Institute of Aging, the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, and the California Department of Health Services.

Location hidden

#2202 Oct 3, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Langoliers wrote, "
I didn't do that they did it to them selfs!
"

Nonsense. It's what xtians do when they have social control.
It's happening right now...

http://ieet.org/index.php/IEET/more/igwe20120...
I'll say it again.

I didn't do that they did it to them selfs!

Location hidden

#2204 Oct 3, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>When people who worship Darth Vader stand in the way of progress I will ok?

Actually Darth Vader was much more kind and had better morals than Yahweh/Jesus.
Dribble

Location hidden

#2205 Oct 3, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Links or it didn't happen.
Link or it didn't happen?

So if there is no link on the web for something then it didn't happen?

Is this your claim?

Location hidden

#2206 Oct 3, 2012
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Lol

That's because he's lying for Jesus.
LOL
And you're lying for Satan!

LOL. 2,3%. LOL

Location hidden

#2207 Oct 3, 2012
Hedonist wrote:
In America, 3500 — 4000 churches close their doors each year.( www.barna.org )

Churches lose an estimated 2,765,000 people each year to nominalism and secularism.(also from the Barna Study)

Usual Sunday church attendance has from dropped from 1,606,00 in 1968 to 881,000 in 2005.( www.churchsociety.org )

Only 21% of Americans attend religious services every week.( www.religioustolerence.org )

The Anglican Church is selling seven church properties on southern Vancouver Island to pay down its deficit. The properties include All Saints Church and St. ColumbaÂ’s Church in View Royal, St. AlbanÂ’s Church and St. SaviourÂ’s Church in Victoria, Brentwood Chapel Hall in Central Saanich, St. AndrewÂ’s Church in Cowichan and All Saints Church Hall in Crofton.(" http://www.standfirminfaith.com/... ;)

Statistics reported by the Episcopal Church show active baptized members of the denomination that claimed more than 3.5 million members in the mid-1960s shrunk to 1.9 million at the end of 2010.(" http://www.broomfieldenterprise.com/ci_192417... ;)
In the world 97.7% people left the Atheist believe. LOL

97.7%.!!!!

Location hidden

#2208 Oct 3, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously :)

He has a little more time to back up his claim or lose.
Talk about losing!!

Atheist lost 97.7% of there followers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 5 min TheHeadlines 22,213
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Aura Mytha 227,518
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 13 min TheHeadlines 75
Stump a theist with 2 questions 17 min TheHeadlines 58
An atheist returns to Christ (Jan '09) 21 min TheHeadlines 4,093
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 35 min woodtick57 87
Bill Maher's "dirty secret": He's deeply religi... 5 hr Thinking 5
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE