Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Star Press

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Comments
2,121 - 2,140 of 11,175 Comments Last updated Jan 18, 2014

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

All these churches closing down are hoping someone buys them as well.

One in my area was made into a strip club. Neat!
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>"hoping someone will buy it."

LOL

I posted Facts no made up BS like you

Just the Facts.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You're stretching it a bit.
I know I have said some way better shit
Then that!!
Oh and Adolf Hitler was not a Christian.
But you knew that. You just keep pushing Hitler as a Christian because you think that will belittle the Christian faith.
Of course Hitler was a Christian. Where do you think he got his hatred of the Jews from?

It wasn't just Hitler who was a Christian but so too, was the vast majority of the German population. Those Christians with their morals and ethics were all that the Jews had to appeal to.

It did them no good whatsoever.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
You have made atheists the most despised subset of people in America, and driven us into the closet."
Langoliers wrote:
I didn't do that they did it to them selfs!
Nonsense. It's what xtians do when they have social control.
It's happening right now...

http://ieet.org/index.php/IEET/more/igwe20120...

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
However, I would like to apologize for calling you a fart face – it was too complimentary, lol....
A dishonest Christian, nailed using Darwin out of context and then lying about the person who called him on it, is reduced to grade-school insults.

It doesn't get any better than this.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
A dishonest Christian, nailed using Darwin out of context and then lying about the person who called him on it, is reduced to grade-school insults.
It doesn't get any better than this.
Lol

It's what they do when they're lost for words.

This sort of thing happens a lot with xtians, which is hardly surprising given that their thinking is done for them - it's no wonder that they're so bereft of ideas.

Inside the brain of every believer is a god-shaped vacuum.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

From Fox News:

Junk Science
Bad predictions, concealed data, lies about global warming, junk computer models, cancer lies, etc.
www.video.foxbusiness.com/v/4159451/top-five-...

(Even with today's sophisticated technology, scientists miss the mark over and over on the simplest issues; how much more likely the marks were missed in their findings of 100 years ago on the more complex issues.)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

"Was Darwin wrong?" [yes, he was.....]

“In the November 2004 issue of National Geographic, David Quammen answers this question with a resounding "NO. The evidence for evolution is overwhelming."

In Quammen's view, most people who reject Darwin's theory of evolution do so out of ignorance, so he proceeds to lay out some of the evidence for it. But the evidence he lays out is exaggerated, and the problems with it are ignored.

Quammen explains that Darwin's theory has two aspects: the "historical phenomenon" that all species of living things are descended from common ancestors, and "the main mechanism causing that phenomenon," which is natural selection. The evidence presented by Darwin, he continues, "mostly fell within four categories: biogeography, paleontology, embryology, and morphology."

The first category includes evidence from similar species in neighboring habitats, such as finches on the Galapagos Islands; the second includes evidence from the fossil record, such as extinct horse-like animals that preceded modern horses; and the third includes evidence from similarities in early embryos that supposedly point to their common ancestry.

All three categories are rife with problems that Quammen overlooks. For example, the Galapagos finch story is complicated by the fact that many of what were originally thought to be thirteen species are now interbreeding with each other -- even though Darwinian theory regards inability to interbreed as the distinguishing feature of separate species.

The fossil record of horses is also much more complicated than Quammen makes it out to be; actually, it looks like a tangled bush with separate branches rather than a straight line of ancestors and descendants. Even worse, Quammen ignores the Cambrian explosion, in which many of the major groups ("phyla") of animals appeared in a geologically short time with no fossil evidence of common ancestry -- a fact that Darwin himself considered a "serious" problem that "may be truly urged as a valid argument against" his theory.”

continued:
http://www.discovery.org/a/2292

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
Dearth Vader like God is a work of fiction yet both in their work of fiction were murderers of the innocent.
<quoted text>
Where are your hate posts against “Dearth Vader”? I didn't find them. Shouldn't you be protesting all fictitious characters? That's because you know “Dearth Vader” isn't real, but you are afraid that the God your grandma believes in might be real. You perceive God as a threat to your ungodly self, so you try to keep convincing yourself that you're right. Why is that? Your atheist friends don't need to be convinced, and your words fall on deaf ears with Christians, so it's a pointless exercise for you. But if it makes you feel good to do that, then go for it, lol.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

“Since 1982, at least 40% of Americans have said they believed that God created humans in their present form, according to Gallup polling, with the latest poll saying that roughly equal numbers of Americans believe in evolution and creationism. Of those who believe in evolution, only 15% say God has nothing to do with the process.

In [Bill] Nye's video:
[found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch... ], he frames the debate as an economic issue, saying he worries that America - whose students have fallen behind many global peers in math and science learning - is losing ground in the global marketplace by perpetuating the belief in creationism.

The Creation Museum's David Menton responds in the YouTube video
[found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch... ]
featuring Purdom by saying that plenty of people worldwide believe in creationism.

In a 2005 survey about creationist beliefs in 34 countries, including the world's most dynamic economies, the United States had the lowest belief in evolution of any country except Turkey, according to results published in Science magazine.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49155352/ns/local...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
Two new churches completed in my area over the past year, and a third is under construction at this time.

One strip club closed down due to complaints by the public.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are your hate posts against “Dearth Vader”? I didn't find them. Shouldn't you be protesting all fictitious characters? That's because you know “Dearth Vader” isn't real, but you are afraid that the God your grandma believes in might be real.
Which god is that?

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

When people who worship Darth Vader stand in the way of progress I will ok?

Actually Darth Vader was much more kind and had better morals than Yahweh/Jesus.
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>Where are your hate posts against “Dearth Vader”? I didn't find them. Shouldn't you be protesting all fictitious characters? That's because you know “Dearth Vader” isn't real, but you are afraid that the God your grandma believes in might be real. You perceive God as a threat to your ungodly self, so you try to keep convincing yourself that you're right. Why is that? Your atheist friends don't need to be convinced, and your words fall on deaf ears with Christians, so it's a pointless exercise for you. But if it makes you feel good to do that, then go for it, lol.

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Links or it didn't happen.
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>Two new churches completed in my area over the past year, and a third is under construction at this time.

One strip club closed down due to complaints by the public.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
When people who worship Darth Vader stand in the way of progress I will ok?
Actually Darth Vader was much more kind and had better morals than Yahweh/Jesus.
<quoted text>
People don't worship Darwin either, but his outdated frauds are in the way of progress.

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Waiting for those links not excuses and redirections.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
Waiting for those links not excuses and redirections.
Lol

That's because he's lying for Jesus.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

In America, 3500 — 4000 churches close their doors each year.( www.barna.org )

Churches lose an estimated 2,765,000 people each year to nominalism and secularism.(also from the Barna Study)

Usual Sunday church attendance has from dropped from 1,606,00 in 1968 to 881,000 in 2005.( www.churchsociety.org )

Only 21% of Americans attend religious services every week.( www.religioustolerence.org )

The Anglican Church is selling seven church properties on southern Vancouver Island to pay down its deficit. The properties include All Saints Church and St. Columba’s Church in View Royal, St. Alban’s Church and St. Saviour’s Church in Victoria, Brentwood Chapel Hall in Central Saanich, St. Andrew’s Church in Cowichan and All Saints Church Hall in Crofton.(" http://www.standfirminfaith.com/... ;)

Statistics reported by the Episcopal Church show active baptized members of the denomination that claimed more than 3.5 million members in the mid-1960s shrunk to 1.9 million at the end of 2010.(" http://www.broomfieldenterprise.com/ci_192417... ;)

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Obviously :)

He has a little more time to back up his claim or lose.
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Lol

That's because he's lying for Jesus.

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

This is why these religious types are so focused on non believers. Again if we were such a small minority why would they waste so much time and effort?

The answer is they are bleeding memberships and therefore money and are desperate.
Hedonist wrote:
In America, 3500 — 4000 churches close their doors each year.( www.barna.org )

Churches lose an estimated 2,765,000 people each year to nominalism and secularism.(also from the Barna Study)

Usual Sunday church attendance has from dropped from 1,606,00 in 1968 to 881,000 in 2005.( www.churchsociety.org )

Only 21% of Americans attend religious services every week.( www.religioustolerence.org )

The Anglican Church is selling seven church properties on southern Vancouver Island to pay down its deficit. The properties include All Saints Church and St. ColumbaÂ’s Church in View Royal, St. AlbanÂ’s Church and St. SaviourÂ’s Church in Victoria, Brentwood Chapel Hall in Central Saanich, St. AndrewÂ’s Church in Cowichan and All Saints Church Hall in Crofton.(" http://www.standfirminfaith.com/... ;)

Statistics reported by the Episcopal Church show active baptized members of the denomination that claimed more than 3.5 million members in the mid-1960s shrunk to 1.9 million at the end of 2010.(" http://www.broomfieldenterprise.com/ci_192417... ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min Buck Crick 224,517
What does "Atheism" mean? 1 hr Buck Crick 37
Introducing The Universal Religion 5 hr nanoanomaly 735
Our world came from nothing? 5 hr Reason Personified 247
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 12 hr Patrick 395
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 14 hr religionisillness 19
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 14 hr Growupchildren 21,401
•••
•••