Don't dictate beliefs

Don't dictate beliefs

There are 11178 comments on the The Star Press story from Sep 5, 2012, titled Don't dictate beliefs. In it, The Star Press reports that:

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Star Press.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2144 Oct 2, 2012
Jesus Effing Christ wrote:
<quoted text>Pure Christoholic gibberish...I'm Jesus Christ and I said no such thing. In fact, I'm sick and tired of being misquoted by my idiot followers. How would YOU like it if I made a puppet out of YOU, stuck my hand where the sun don't shine and made YOU sound like a drooling maniac on an atheist forum?

My apologies to ALL the atheists on this forum.

I guess that when you design a religion to appeal to stupid people, you WILL wind up with a lot of followers. I'm joining the Scientologists.
Oh no not a hot air buffoon atheist. Never saw one if those before!!

LMFAO!!

Ya you might as well get all pissed off
All 2.3% of the human population you're all such a driving force LOL

You could all disappear off the face of the earth and no one would miss you!

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#2145 Oct 2, 2012
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/T9260G2B6...
Department of Health and Human Services
Notice is hereby given that the Office of Research Integrity (ORI) has made a
final finding of scientific misconduct in the following cases:
(click link for examples)
http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-fil...

Location hidden

#2146 Oct 2, 2012
“Often a cold shudder has run through me, and I have asked myself whether I may have not devoted myself to a fantasy.”
Charles Darwin

Location hidden

#2147 Oct 2, 2012
April, 2010

University of California, Berkeley, professor of molecular and cell biology Peter Duesberg tells ScienceInsider that he is the subject of a misconduct investigation launched by the university. Duesberg has been a controversial figure for decades because of his vocal skepticism that HIV is the cause of AIDS. But he says this is the first time he has ever been investigated for misconduct, and ScienceInsider has learned that an AIDS activist may have helped initiate the investigation.

The charges apparently stem from a paper Duesberg and four colleagues published last summer in Medical Hypotheses that challenged the assertion that HIV has caused massive loss of life due to AIDS, and more specifically, disputed a 2008 study arguing that hundreds of thousands of lives have been lost in South Africa because of delays in distributing antiretroviral drugs (ARVs). Under pressure from AIDS researchers, Elsevier, the journal's publisher, withdrew the paper and told its editor to either implement a peer-review process or hand in his resignation.
http://news.sciencemag.org/scienceinsider/201...

Location hidden

#2148 Oct 2, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
All 2.3% of the human population you're all such a driving force LOL
You could all disappear off the face of the earth and no one would miss you!
But the world would be a better place.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#2149 Oct 2, 2012
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a joke, and you don't have enough sense to know it. I have no reason to get angry over jokes, lmao.
However, I would like to apologize for calling you a fart face – it was too complimentary, lol. Besides, I should never mistreat the ignorant minority.
Oh yes, and I've been meaning to tell you something. I think your eye really did evolve because it's too simple and blind to have been created by intelligent design.
Same thing goes for that pea sized brain in your little pointed head.
derek4 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a joke, and you don't have enough sense to know it. I have no reason to get angry over jokes, lmao.
However, I would like to apologize for calling you a fart face – it was too complimentary, lol. Besides, I should never mistreat the ignorant minority.
Oh yes, and I've been meaning to tell you something. I think your eye really did evolve because it's too simple and blind to have been created by intelligent design.
You realize your credibility is in shreds at this point.

Right?
kefa in YahuShua

Brisbane, Australia

#2150 Oct 2, 2012
Thus says The Lord: I have called to the scoffers and to the wicked alike, that they might come forward and declare their evil thoughts, that they might come out from their places and display their hate openly before others... That they might walk openly in their rebellion!... And thus they have answered, they have surely come out, that I may now punish them.

Yet of The Called, they have not come out. Few have rushed forward to embrace Me as I truly am, nor has one declared the love of their hearts for Me, without condition; few have come out of their hiding places to display their love for Me openly... And few have come out to walk with Me in real trust, that I may now reward them, that I may now increase in them quickly.

Behold, I have waited for them...

I have called to them, day after day;
Page after page have I written to them...

I have offered them many gifts...

With My hand outstretched always,
I have sought to uphold them and guide them.

Yet they refuse My voice and draw back the hand. They have departed from Me in heart and in mind, turning to Me the back, that they may better embrace the world and their own selfish desires, without hindrance. And of My prophet, him they have treated as Micaiah, for the thoughts of their hearts betray them, and by their actions have they shown themselves to be in agreement with the insolent king.
My children have forsaken Me! Not one of them truly seeks to remain in My love! They have all become unprofitable servants! Each one seeks their own way! And when I send to them a prophet, they despise him on account of his words, which are not his own, treating MY words as binding cords about their hands and their feet! For they do dishonor Me, without ceasing!... Therefore shall all these cords, of which they had sought to cast off, bind them indeed...

To the Day are they bound! They shall not be gathered, neither shall they escape... Until the day comes when they are truly broken, until they willingly place themselves upon the altar, in where real freedom comes by sacrifice and true understanding, by letting go...

Behold! In that day I shall burst their bonds asunder and free them from the chains of their captivity!

For I AM THE LORD,
And I shall not lose any of all who are Mine...

All shall be delivered in their due season!

("Freedom Comes By Sacrifice" - MORE Letters From God and His Christ)
http://trumpetcallofgodonline.com/index.php5...
kefa in YahuShua

Brisbane, Australia

#2151 Oct 2, 2012
Thus says The Lord: I have called the winds of heaven to blow upon the earth; I have stirred them up, that they may go forth and gnarl the branches, that they may blow hard against the multitude and break down the walls... Let every tree topple and break upon the necks of the wicked! Let every wall come down with a great crash, upon the heads of evil men in authority!

Behold! The anger of The Lord shall increase by measure, until every foundation is broken up from beneath!... Until the face of the earth is once again without form! For I shall level the hills and cast down every tall mountain! Yea, I shall burn the cities with fire! Even the elements shall melt with fervent heat! Behold! Even the heavens shall be dissolved, when the fierceness of My wrath has come to the full!... When the heat of My countenance sets the whole world ablaze!

Thus I have spoken... And who is able to restrain themselves from repeating My every word? Who will not prophesy, when the voice of The Almighty has entered into his ear?

For I tell you plainly...

The day is coming, and is already here,

When I shall speak into the air...

And the voice of YaHuWaH shall thunder in every corner...

Even to the ends of the earth!

Yet I ask you, how does a prophet hear and by what means is he revealed? Remember My words: If there be a prophet among you, I, The Lord, shall make Myself known to him in a vision; I shall speak to him in a dream. Even plainly I shall speak with him, not in mysterious sayings. For he has seen the form of The Lord, and has sat in My presence, and knows that which is beyond words... And before him men shall fear!

Therefore thus says The Lord, to all those who have heard with their ears and have seen with their eyes, who have understood with their hearts, who have recognized those I have sent and the Word given them: Wait upon Me, with all trust and fear. Stand steadfast and be patient, accepting My words as I have spoken them and as they are written. Do not add to My words, nor take from them; neither form for yourselves any private interpretation... Only give heed to My words, and also do them, and prepare. I am The Lord.

For My words are indeed that light,

Which shines in a dark place...

A loud trumpet, an alarm,

A call and a shout preparing My way before Me,

Making all crooked paths straight...

Until the day dawns and The Morning Star rises,

Filling the hearts of My chosen as they enter in...

PEACE.

("Epilogue: Full Circle" - MORE Letters From God and His Christ)
kefa in YahuShua

Brisbane, Australia

#2152 Oct 2, 2012
Thus says The Lord: Behold, I have come down! Yes, I AM HERE! I have come down to dwell in My chosen and to deliver My elect, even every lamb! For I am The Lord! And My jealousy has come to the full!...

I shall no more tolerate all this injustice and murder! All these abominations! All this wickedness! I shall no more endure all this persecution!... Even by My own people, who pollute My name day and night, without ceasing! For I shall stand upon the earth in My fierce anger, and REPAY! And I shall defend My elect and protect the weak and the needy! And the cause of the widow shall be fulfilled in her deliverance! For I am Lord and God! THE DELIVERER!... Yes, I AM HE!

Behold! LOOK! For The Lord your God shall do a new thing!...

A new and terrible thing!

An astonishment!

A great wonder!...

The likes of which this world has never seen!

The faces of the multitudes shall pale! The hearts of many shall fail them for fear! Many shall collapse, gathering blackness, on account of that which is coming to pass before their eyes!... The mighty and awesome power of The Lord your God put on open display! For who can stand against His coming?! Who will not fall down at the sound of His voice?!

Thus says The Lord: It is time!... My hand shall reach down, lo it shall plunge into the earth! It shall pass through every tomb and every mausoleum, through every grave! Behold, My hand shall pass through the dust and sift the sands of the desert! Even unto the depths of the sea My hand shall grab hold, and the whole earth shall give up its dead!... Every child of God, every servant of The Most High, every sheep beloved of The Shepherd.

Then shall I turn to the multitudes and pass through! Behold, I shall pass through and steal them away!... Babes from every womb, children from every corner, and My elect from every nation! The world shall be left utterly desolate and in tears! Heavy sorrows shall overtake every land! Behold, an outcry shall rise up, such as has never been heard!... Much weeping and lamentation, anger and many raised fists, a great gnashing of teeth! Yes, among every tribe, people and nation, a great noise shall be heard! For three full days it shall not subside, and for three full nights it shall not lessen.

Thus shall their first reward be given,

For they have shown themselves fully worthy...

Then shall they know, I AM THE LORD!

And thus shall the great and terrible day of The Lord begin!...

Behold! The wrath of The Lamb!

("Epilogue: A New and Terrible Thing" - A Testament Against The World... The Lord's Rebuke)

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#2153 Oct 2, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I'm not here for that.
In other words - you have no proof.

No surprises there, then.

Just one of many believers who hasn't been able to find their frightened god.

Nottingham, UK

#2154 Oct 2, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"What it looks like is that I know the Bible better than you do."
That would be pretty hard to prove.
You've shown no signs of it to date.
And according to this post you know nothing of the Bible.
I couldn't help but notice your complete failure to refute me.

You have no substance.

Why am I not surprised?

Nottingham, UK

#2155 Oct 2, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"I already know - he's a murdering maniac.
Fortunately, he does not exist"
Puppet man you need to make a stance either he exist or not. You can't call him a murdering maniac the the next line claim he doesn't exist.
I know he doesn't exist - he's as unprovable as the tooth fairy is to a child.

Yet because you believe he exists, I prefer to take the fight to you and beat you on your home ground. You xtians make it so easy.

So, what brand of xtian are you anyway?

Mormon? Protestant? Catholic? Greek Orthodox? Jehovah's Witness? Unitarian?

Nottingham, UK

#2156 Oct 2, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
I really loved it!
So spot on!
Do you also really love all the killings in the Bible that your god carries out?

Location hidden

#2158 Oct 2, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>Guess what? Your quote just made the list of cute things Christians say:

TOP TEN CUTE THINGS SAID BY CHRISTIANS

[1]“God needs no help. He just lets us have some fun. He’s waiting to wipe you off the face of the earth because he said that we needed to have some fun. So, he left 2.3% of the earth atheist for us to torment.”– anonymous Christian on the Internet (grammar, spelling and punctuation corrected)

[2]“I figured a way out — a way to get rid of all the lesbians and queers. But I couldn’t get it passed through Congress. Build a great big large fence, 150 or 100 mile (sic) long. Put all the lesbians in there. Fly over and drop some food. Do the same thing with the queers and the homosexuals. Have that fence electrified so they can’t get out. Feed ‘em, and– And you know what? In a few years they’ll die out. You know why? They can’t reproduce.”- North Carolina Pastor Charles Worley

[3] "I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people." – Mother Teresa

[4] "I want you to just let a wave of intolerance wash over you. I want you to let a wave of hatred wash over you. Yes, hate is good...Our goal is a Christian nation. We have a Biblical duty, we are called by God, to conquer this country. We don't want equal time. We don't want pluralism." - Randall Terry, Founder of Operation Rescue. 1993

[5]“What shall we Christians do with this rejected and condemned people, the Jews? First, to set fire to their synagogues or schools and to bury and cover with dirt whatever will not burn. Second, I advise that their houses also be razed and destroyed. Third, I advise that all their prayer books and Talmudic writings, in which such idolatry, lies, cursing, and blasphemy are taught, be taken from them." – Martin Luther

[6]“If any one comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple.”-Jesus (Luke 14:26)

[7] "You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God." - James 4:4

[8] "When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)"

[9]“When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you. However, in the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes." – Deuteronomy 20:13-14,16

[10] "In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison." - Adolf Hitler
You're stretching it a bit.
I know I have said some way better shit
Then that!!

Oh and Adolf Hitler was not a Christian.
But you knew that. You just keep pushing Hitler as a Christian because you think that will belittle the Christian faith.

Location hidden

#2159 Oct 2, 2012
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>More foolishness.
Still a Dolt.

Location hidden

#2160 Oct 2, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>There are a several good reasons to be openly contemptuous of Christianity, your bible, your church, and your god.

We are told how your god has his hand in human matters, that he corrects what he doesn't like with floods, fire, earthquakes, tsunamis and the like, and that he is angry, judgmental and vindictive. Employing blasphemy like "buy bull" and "sky pixie" with impunity shows how empty that threat is, and enables some to begin to break away.

Another reason to use such language is to show open contempt for your church and your religion, and send the message that they are are a burden on society - that they should be considered unfit. Think of it as our version of overturning the tables of your pharisees and money changers. Righteous indignation of that sort makes a nice metaphor for overturning the old order, wouldn't you agree? There's a new kid in town now: secular humanism.

And finally, we send a message that being a Christian is unacceptable. This is the message that your church has been using effectively against atheists for millennia. I'll repost my usual examples of that:

[1] "The fool says in his heart,'There is no God.' They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good" - Psalm 14:1

[2] "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone." - Revelation 21:8

Look how well that worked for you. You have made atheists the most despised subset of people in America, and driven us into the closet. Most are afraid of using the word. I'd like to see that cease, and for the opposite to be true for Christians some day. I want candidates who say they are Christian to be considered dangerous fools, lest they be elected. I want people like George Bush, John Ashcroft, Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachmann, Rick Santorini, and Pat Robertson to be booed whenever they speak.
"We are told how your god has his hand in human matters"

You've not been listening.
God does not interfere in human life's.

"floods, fire, earthquakes, tsunamis and the like, and that he is angry"

I thought you were an atheist? LOL

You believe this? "floods, fire, earthquakes, tsunamis and the like, and that he is angry"

LOL. What a Fool.

"Look how well that worked for you. You have made atheists the most despised subset of people in America, and driven us into the closet."

I didn't do that they did it to them selfs!

"I want candidates who say they are Christian to be considered dangerous fools, lest they be elected. I want people like George Bush, John Ashcroft, Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachmann, Rick Santorini, and Pat Robertson to be booed whenever they speak."

When Atheist can break the 5% mark of the population then we'll talk about this!

LOL

Your a minority among minority's.

Location hidden

#2161 Oct 2, 2012
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You realize your credibility is in shreds at this point.
Right?
What would you know of credibility? You came in with no credibility and you'll go out the same way you came in, you pore thang. LOL

There is nothing more pathetic than to see you lose and still try to act like a winner which makes you that much more a loser than if you just shut up and hid your pitiful face.

“The evolution of the eye is a matter of debate ever since Darwin's Origin of Species.”
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14756332

Location hidden

#2162 Oct 2, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and Adolf Hitler was not a Christian.
But you knew that. You just keep pushing Hitler as a Christian because you think that will belittle the Christian faith.
Was Hitler a Christian?

"Hitler was a neo-pagan terrorist whose conscience was not informed by Christianity, but by pseudo-scientific racist philosophies. Hitler hated the Catholic Church, made plans to kill the Pope, authorized the murder of thousands of priests and nuns, and did everything he could to suppress the influence of the Church. In 1933, Hitler said,'It is through the peasantry that we shall really be able to destroy Christianity because there is in them a true religion rooted in nature and blood.'"

[further down, within the text:]

“... atheists looking for a quick cheap-shot may claim Hitler was a Christian; similarly, Christians looking for a quick shot may claim he was an atheist. Know what? Hitler was a vegetarian! Oooh, those evil vegetarians! He also recommended that parents give their children milk to drink instead of beer and started the first anti-smoking campaign.(So by the "reasoning" used in these types of arguments, if you are truly anti-Hitler, you should smoke heavily and only give your baby beer!) Better watch out, though he was an oxygen-breather, too! In other words, does it really matter whether Hitler was an atheist or a Christian or whatever? Just because somebody may hold a particular worldview (along with other views) doesn't make him a spokesman for that view, or even remotely representative of others who hold that view.”

continued:
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1699...

Hitler was an imposter, not a Christian.... a deceiver, and not even a good one.

Did Stalin kill more people than Hitler?

Answer:

Yes, Stalin killed more, although neither ordered killing directly. They often just hinted at it.
Hitler hinted at the killling of 17 million.

Stalin has estimated murders of between 3 and 60 million people - it is currently generally said that he killed over 20 million people during his leadership.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Did_Stalin_kill_mor...

Location hidden

#2163 Oct 2, 2012
Atheist websites routinely claim that Hitler was a Christian because he was born Catholic, he never publicly renounced his Catholicism, and he wrote in Mein Kampf, "By defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord." Atheist writer Sam Harris writes that "the Holocaust marked the culmination of...two hundred years of Christian fulminating against the Jews" and therefore "knowingly or not, the Nazis were agents of religion."

How persuasive are these claims? My New York Times bestseller What's So Great About Christianity has the full story and the requisite citations but here's the condensed version. Hitler was born Catholic just as Stalin was born into the Russian Orthodox Church and Mao was raised as a Buddhist. These facts prove nothing as many people reject their religious upbringing, as these three men did. From an early age, historian Allan Bullock writes, Hitler "had no time at all for Catholic teaching, regarding it as a religion fit only for slaves and detesting its ethics."

How then do we account for Hitler's claim that in carrying out his anti-Semitic program he was an instrument of divine providence? During his ascent to power, Hitler needed the support of the German people -- both the Bavarian Catholics and the Prussian Lutherans -- and to secure this he occasionally used rhetoric such as "I am doing the Lord's work." To claim that this rhetoric makes Hitler a Christian is to confuse political opportunism with personal conviction. Hitler himself says in Mein Kampf that his public statements should be understood as propaganda that bears no relation to the truth but is designed to sway the masses.

continued:
http://www.catholiceducation.org/articles/fac...

[THE AUTHOR - Dinesh D'Souza is the Robert and Karen Rishwain Fellow at the Hoover Institution at Stanford University. D'Souza has been called one of the "top young public-policy makers in the country" by Investor’s Business Daily.]

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#2164 Oct 2, 2012
Dearth Vader like God is a work of fiction yet both in their work of fiction were murderers of the innocent.
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>"I already know - he's a murdering maniac.

Fortunately, he does not exist"

Puppet man you need to make a stance either he exist or not. You can't call him a murdering maniac the the next line claim he doesn't exist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 8 min woodtick57 9,555
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 15 min Knowledge- 243,566
News Founders created secular nation (Jul '10) 9 hr The_Box 522
News Aliens and evolution (Jun '12) 18 hr USaWarringIDIOTSo... 6,224
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Mon TC_Tia 14,656
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) Mon MikeF 19,806
News Atheism must be about more than just not believ... Jul 4 Amused 2
More from around the web