Don't dictate beliefs

Sep 5, 2012 Full story: The Star Press 11,175

No one else can say otherwise? That is basically saying those who do "believe in God" are better? Hardly.

Full Story
First Prev
of 559
Next Last

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#1 Sep 5, 2012
Excellent article. I could not have stated it better.
True or False

Tulsa, OK

#2 Sep 5, 2012
The article lumps all Christians as the same, united against Atheists, that is the farthest thing from the truth.

The true Christians today, and they are very evident among mankind, do not argue or fight with anyone over their beliefs, they imitate Jesus and let peace be their goal in preaching the good news of God's Kingdom to all people on earth.

Each individual is responsible for his or her own relationship with our heavenly Father, Almighty God Jehovah.

Each individual will be judged before the great tribulation starts, as to whether they want to live in righteousness or not.

It is good news to know that Jesus is King ruling in heaven today, but only over people who accept Jehovah God as Universal Sovereign.

Whether you are Atheist, pagan or part of Christendoms denominational Churches, you must live in harmony with the truth of the Bible to have Almighty God's approval.
Acts 10:34

Jehovah's witnesses will be happy to show you that truth from your own Bible, no matter what Bible you use. Christendom does not know it or want it, they are not acceptable to Jehovah God.
Revelation 18:4

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#3 Sep 5, 2012
True or False wrote:
The article lumps all Christians as the same, united against Atheists, that is the farthest thing from the truth.
The true Christians today, and they are very evident among mankind, do not argue or fight with anyone over their beliefs, they imitate Jesus and let peace be their goal in preaching the good news of God's Kingdom to all people on earth.
Each individual is responsible for his or her own relationship with our heavenly Father, Almighty God Jehovah.
Each individual will be judged before the great tribulation starts, as to whether they want to live in righteousness or not.
It is good news to know that Jesus is King ruling in heaven today, but only over people who accept Jehovah God as Universal Sovereign.
Whether you are Atheist, pagan or part of Christendoms denominational Churches, you must live in harmony with the truth of the Bible to have Almighty God's approval.
Jehovah's witnesses will be happy to show you that truth from your own Bible, no matter what Bible you use. Christendom does not know it or want it, they are not acceptable to Jehovah God.
You contradicted yourself here with "you must live in harmony with the truth of the Bible" .... you just made the article more accurate, not less.
True or False

Tulsa, OK

#4 Sep 5, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You contradicted yourself here with "you must live in harmony with the truth of the Bible" .... you just made the article more accurate, not less.
No, that is the fact that separates people from God's blessings, all people are already alienated from God since Adam and Eve.
That means that everyone has to be taught the Truth, and you can only learn it from Jehovah God's people.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#5 Sep 5, 2012
True or False wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that is the fact that separates people from God's blessings, all people are already alienated from God since Adam and Eve.
That means that everyone has to be taught the Truth, and you can only learn it from Jehovah God's people.
You are still attempting to dictate what others believe. But thank you for showing that the writer of the article was accurate.
Ruby Dawson

Moody, TX

#6 Sep 5, 2012
A significant part of the Christian belief is to share the gospel they believe in, while recognizing that it is each person's decision to accept it or not. Because of this, they are frequently accused of trying to shove their belief down everyone's throat. From reading debates between atheists and Christians in various forums, it is obvious to me that it is the atheists who are united against Christians and express it through vile language, belittling God, making reference to "pink unicorns" and every other conceivable manner of disrespect for Christian beliefs. If there was ever a group of people who tried to dictate their beliefs, it would be atheists.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#7 Sep 5, 2012
Ruby Dawson wrote:
A significant part of the Christian belief is to share the gospel they believe in, while recognizing that it is each person's decision to accept it or not. Because of this, they are frequently accused of trying to shove their belief down everyone's throat. From reading debates between atheists and Christians in various forums, it is obvious to me that it is the atheists who are united against Christians and express it through vile language, belittling God, making reference to "pink unicorns" and every other conceivable manner of disrespect for Christian beliefs. If there was ever a group of people who tried to dictate their beliefs, it would be atheists.
Actually, there is also a tenet made by their own Jesus person that states they should keep it to themselves. Which is the more accurate?

If they can pick and choose which parts they abide by, they should probably choose the one that doesn't push their beliefs onto other people, is that not logical?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#8 Sep 5, 2012
Ruby Dawson wrote:
it is the atheists who are united against Christians and express it through vile language, belittling God, making reference to "pink unicorns" and every other conceivable manner of disrespect for Christian beliefs.
But I have no respect for you your beliefs. What would you have me do about that - lie? Fake it? Censor myself? Why would I do any of those? Because you'd like me to?

I haven't got one good thing to say about your church other than that it is wasting away in the West. Should I censor that? Give me one good reason why I shouldn't give the wasting away of your church a standing ovation.

Since: Dec 10

Orefield, PA

#9 Sep 5, 2012
Ruby Dawson wrote:
Have you ever had an atheist come to your door to spread their belief?

No? I didn't think so.

If you judge atheists from what you read on these forums, you are making the same mistake as someone who would judge all christians from what they read on these forums. Believe me, if you actually read the forums, the theists/christians are just as guilty as anyone of hate and disrespect.

“God=Registered Sex Offender!”

Since: Jul 12

Wylie, TX

#10 Sep 5, 2012
True or False wrote:
You have some nerve comin’ around this here atheist forum with your FAKE-ass “Jeehovy” blathering. You are a crazy blabbermouth who is leading these atheists to HELL bein’ as you are NOT a TRUE Christian and your heretic’s bible is risible. In Spanish, you call yourselves “Testigos de Jehovah” but down here in Texas I tell even the stupidest Mexican who can vote to just refer to y’all as “God’s Testicles” or “Los Testiculos de Jehova”.

Jehovahs are cowards. Y’all are scared of yer own shadows. Boarding up yer houses when any holiday comes around. Not celebratin’ yer own birthday, let alone the birthday of Jesus. You know? Maybe you're right. Maybe God’s gonna let us all know about that.“I’m sorry, you all led pretty good lives and everything, you believe in Jesus, you followed the commandments, what can I say?” And we’ll all be standin’ there waitin’ to get into heaven. We start walkin’ foreward. God starts talkin’ again,“But you know what?” And we’re all like,“What?” And He says,“You all really ticked me off with all them birthday parties.” And we’re all standin’ there waitin’ for His ‘perfect justice’ to be done. And God says to us,“You all can sing happy birthday all you want!” And we’re all excited and our faces all light up, and then God puts his nose up in the air and says,“...in HELL!” Oh, that's a peach ain’t it? And all the Jeehovy-Witnesses is skippin’ their way along through the pearly gates.

Anyhow, please stop molesting these atheists with your chronic mental masturbation as this is MY mission field and I don’t have time to learn you some KING JAMES BIBLE! Scoot yer heretical ass over to the Scientologist forum and talk tripe to a bunch of folks who believe they came to Earth in a spaceship piloted by talking, lava eating, sea clams. Scientologists and Jeehovies just don’t know whether to wind the butt or scratch the watch.
Ruby Dawson

Waco, TX

#11 Sep 5, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, there is also a tenet made by their own Jesus person that states they should keep it to themselves.
No there isn't. You failed to note the verse that supports you.
Ruby Dawson

Waco, TX

#12 Sep 5, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
But I have no respect for you your beliefs. What would you have me do about that - lie? Fake it? Censor myself? Why would I do any of those? Because you'd like me to?
I haven't got one good thing to say about your church other than that it is wasting away in the West. Should I censor that? Give me one good reason why I shouldn't give the wasting away of your church a standing ovation.
Your respect for my beliefs is immaterial to me since the feeling is mutual.
Better read up on the statistics as to what is wasting away. But, unfortunately for you, even if you find some figures to back you up, they will only confirm what the Bible says about evil in the last days getting worse and worse.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#13 Sep 5, 2012
Ruby Dawson wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 6:6

But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Nunya

#14 Sep 5, 2012
Ruby Dawson wrote:
Better read up on the statistics as to what is wasting away.
Got a reference?
Ruby Dawson wrote:
even if you find some figures to back you up, they will only confirm what the Bible says about evil in the last days getting worse and worse.
Yeh, been hearing that one for 2000 + years. Still nothing.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#15 Sep 5, 2012
Ruby Dawson wrote:
<quoted text>
You failed to read your bible.

Thank you Mad for posting it, I was occupied with real life. ;)

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#16 Sep 5, 2012
Ruby Dawson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your respect for my beliefs is immaterial to me since the feeling is mutual.
Better read up on the statistics as to what is wasting away. But, unfortunately for you, even if you find some figures to back you up, they will only confirm what the Bible says about evil in the last days getting worse and worse.
Yeah, you know what, violent crimes on a steady decline for several decades with inconsequential spikes here and there. The sharpest decline? Early 80s, ironically. Coinciding with two major tech developments, one being the increased sales in violent video games, the other being the advent of the world wide web, allowing pretty much everyone easy access to the networks us geeks used before that.

Nunya

#17 Sep 5, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Mad for posting it, I was occupied with real life. ;)
I gotcha back girl.
Ruby Dawson

Waco, TX

#19 Sep 6, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I read it several times a week. You failed to support your false statement, and I don't care what you are doing with your life.
Ruby Dawson

Waco, TX

#20 Sep 6, 2012
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 6:6
But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
Matthew 6:6 is a great verse which teaches us not to pray to be heard of others, but of God.
Matthew 24:14 (ESV)-“And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.”
Mark 16:15 ESV -“And he said to them,“Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.”
Ruby Dawson

Waco, TX

#21 Sep 6, 2012
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Got a reference?
<quoted text>
Yeh, been hearing that one for 2000 + years. Still nothing.
Try google. Not spending my time researching something you can do on your own just so you can find something else and post an opposing link.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 559
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 25 min _Bad Company 1,110
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr fadu singh 23,045
Heaven 6 hr Reason Personified 44
Man center of the universe. 6 hr Reason Personified 159
Evidence for God! 7 hr Uncle Sam 51
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 hr Dave Nelson 231,016
Former Atheist Academic Who Rejected God and Be... Thu Hooogle It 77

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE