Suicide of girl forced to marry rapis...

Suicide of girl forced to marry rapist sparks outrage

There are 140 comments on the www.foxnews.com story from Mar 15, 2012, titled Suicide of girl forced to marry rapist sparks outrage. In it, www.foxnews.com reports that:

The case of a 16-year-old girl who killed herself after she was forced to marry her rapist has spurred outrage among Morocco's internet activists and calls for changes to the country's laws.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.foxnews.com.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#81 Apr 2, 2012
fromoverthesea wrote:
<quoted text>
the only thing that is 'sick' here is you.
This is your god talking: Deuteronomy 20:10-14 As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.

Women and children are spoils.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#82 Apr 2, 2012
fromoverthesea wrote:
<quoted text>
the only thing that is 'sick' here is you.
This is your god speaking:

Deuteronomy 22:23-24 NAB If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife.

Because she did not cry out? What if she was muzzled? Your god did not take that into account.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#83 Apr 2, 2012
fromoverthesea wrote:
<quoted text>
the only thing that is 'sick' here is you.
Your god's law.
Deuteronomy 21:10-14 NAB "When you go out to war against your enemies and the LORD, your God, delivers them into your hand, so that you take captives, if you see a comely woman among the captives and become so enamored of her that you wish to have her as wife, you may take her home to your house. But before she may live there, she must shave her head and pare her nails and lay aside her captive's garb. After she has mourned her father and mother for a full month, you may have relations with her, and you shall be her husband and she shall be your wife. However, if later on you lose your liking for her, you shall give her her freedom, if she wishes it; but you shall not sell her or enslave her, since she was married to you under compulsion."

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#84 Apr 2, 2012
fromoverthesea wrote:
<quoted text>
Who told you that?
That is according to the bible; haven't you read it?

“.strike yer colors swab ”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#85 Apr 2, 2012
Slavery is wrong regardless of what any book says!
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
You notice that he had nothing to say about the murdering of a slave! Hell, the slave was the master's property, after all.

“.strike yer colors swab ”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#86 Apr 2, 2012
Many Christians have the morals of Bronze Age Savages there is no reasoning with them so treat such peoples as deranged nuts and thier opinions as the opinions of such Creatures.
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
This is your god talking: Deuteronomy 20:10-14 As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.
Women and children are spoils.

“Question Authority.”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#87 Apr 2, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>That is according to the bible; haven't you read it?
here's the flaw in your arguments: while Christians accept the OLD testament as part of our 'heritage'---we are not Jews. We are Christians. Every scripture verse that you have quoted is from the Old Testament, not the new.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#88 Apr 2, 2012
fromoverthesea wrote:
<quoted text>
here's the flaw in your arguments: while Christians accept the OLD testament as part of our 'heritage'---we are not Jews. We are Christians. Every scripture verse that you have quoted is from the Old Testament, not the new.
Here is your flaw:

Matthew 5:17-18 (New King James Version)

17 "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.

One would hope that you fundies would learn a little something.

Now, if you don't censor the above verses, you will see what your gods said.

"till heaven and earth pass away", either one pass away? No.

"till all is fulfilled", is all fulfilled? No. If it were, there would not be a need for the second coming. Even then, all of the prophecies will not have been fulfilled. You will notice that jesus did not say, "til 1/2 of all is fulfilled." He said, "ALL".

“Question Authority.”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#89 Apr 2, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>Here is your flaw:

Matthew 5:17-18 (New King James Version)

17 "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.

One would hope that you fundies would learn a little something.

Now, if you don't censor the above verses, you will see what your gods said.

"till heaven and earth pass away", either one pass away? No.

"till all is fulfilled", is all fulfilled? No. If it were, there would not be a need for the second coming. Even then, all of the prophecies will not have been fulfilled. You will notice that jesus did not say, "til 1/2 of all is fulfilled." He said, "ALL".
they haven't passed away YET. Human brings WILL destroy this planet--they already are --

“Question Authority.”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#90 Apr 2, 2012
fromoverthesea wrote:
<quoted text>they haven't passed away YET. Human brings WILL destroy this planet--they already are --
When one is beating one's head against a brick wall, eventually, one has to ask oneself,'is this worth it?' and my answer to that question in relation to this forum is " no." So, congratulations, I have decided to bow out of this. You are now short one 'fundie.' Goodbye and Good Luck. I'll pray for you.

“.strike yer colors swab ”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#91 Apr 2, 2012
Don't fret this "TOPIX" wall has worn out harder heads than yours !
fromoverthesea wrote:
<quoted text>
When one is beating one's head against a brick wall, eventually, one has to ask oneself,'is this worth it?' and my answer to that question in relation to this forum is " no." So, congratulations, I have decided to bow out of this. You are now short one 'fundie.' Goodbye and Good Luck. I'll pray for you.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#92 Apr 2, 2012
fromoverthesea wrote:
<quoted text>
the only thing that is 'sick' here is you.
It's your religion not ours.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#93 Apr 2, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>That is what the bile says! He is forgiven because he was willing to follow god's law and marry her. She, on the other hand, was not willing to follow god's laws, so she must be punished!

That is very sick, but christians don't read their bibles and don't realize how warped their religion is.
where exactly in the bible does it say a rapist must marry their victim???

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#94 Apr 3, 2012
fromoverthesea wrote:
<quoted text>
they haven't passed away YET. Human brings WILL destroy this planet--they already are --
Wow! You play the troll bit very well! You managed to completely ignore the point of the post! Very well done! No intelligent rebuttal, so babel some BS! The ol' fundie side step!!

Matthew 5:17-18 (New King James Version)

17 "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.

One would hope that you fundies would learn a little something.

Now, if you don't censor the above verses, you will see what your gods said.

"till heaven and earth pass away", either one pass away? No.

"till all is fulfilled", is all fulfilled? No. If it were, there would not be a need for the second coming. Even then, all of the prophecies will not have been fulfilled. You will notice that jesus did not say, "til 1/2 of all is fulfilled." He said, "ALL".

You are still under the law.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#95 Apr 3, 2012
Brandy78 wrote:
<quoted text>
where exactly in the bible does it say a rapist must marry their victim???
I will let you catch up, then you can ask questions.

Since: May 08

San Pedro, CA

#96 Apr 3, 2012
Cpt Jack Sparrow wrote:
Many Christians have the morals of Bronze Age Savages there is no reasoning with them so treat such peoples as deranged nuts and thier opinions as the opinions of such Creatures. <quoted text>
Thanks for the compliment.
Most people who know me consider me a throwback to the Neanderthals. So you have me evolved by a few thousands years.
And do you have a problem with people being the Deranged nuts? I been told at work ( that today we are supposed to be all inclusive and tolerate all different lief styles and should that not only include the life style of deranged Nuts?

“.strike yer colors swab ”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#97 Apr 3, 2012
these Christians that have no respect for the rights of others and are dedicated to imposing thier cult on the rest of Us are equal to the Taliban. You recieve the same amount of tollerance you put forth I support the Constitution and will defend My rights against any Bronz age goat herd Who tries to deny them. Often the best way of dealing with a Neanderthal is with a louisville slugger. Live an let live in a free society or face the consequences I'm not AntiReligion I'm a supporter of Equality .it is You Who
will have a problem as a Deranged nut if you tread on My rights, otherwise you might be a decent Neighbor. A man can't get any fairer the that.
Grumpy Guy wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks for the compliment.
Most people who know me consider me a throwback to the Neanderthals. So you have me evolved by a few thousands years.
And do you have a problem with people being the Deranged nuts? I been told at work ( that today we are supposed to be all inclusive and tolerate all different lief styles and should that not only include the life style of deranged Nuts?

Since: May 08

San Pedro, CA

#98 Apr 3, 2012
Cpt Jack Sparrow wrote:
these Christians that have no respect for the rights of others and are dedicated to imposing thier cult on the rest of Us are equal to the Taliban. You recieve the same amount of tollerance you put forth I support the Constitution and will defend My rights against any Bronz age goat herd Who tries to deny them. Often the best way of dealing with a Neanderthal is with a louisville slugger. Live an let live in a free society or face the consequences I'm not AntiReligion I'm a supporter of Equality .it is You Who
will have a problem as a Deranged nut if you tread on My rights, otherwise you might be a decent Neighbor. A man can't get any fairer the that. <quoted text>
nah, you going to have to think of a something else. my wife uses a Lousville slugger on my head when she wants to get my attention . goes though about a dozen every week.
and I am not into Goats, now sheep on the other hand.

“.strike yer colors swab ”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#99 Apr 3, 2012
You got a twisted sence of Humor Heh Heh Heh!
Grumpy Guy wrote:
<quoted text> nah, you going to have to think of a something else. my wife uses a Lousville slugger on my head when she wants to get my attention . goes though about a dozen every week.
and I am not into Goats, now sheep on the other hand.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#100 Apr 8, 2012
mystical mama wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what country you are in. But, I don't see any truth to that at all. In fact what I see is religious freedoms being infringed upon like never before. No group is as vulnerable to attack as Christians in this society.
Correction: no group has had it's undeserved POWER stripped away like US christianity has.

This is a GOOD thing: they do not GET to continue to be oppressive, child-raping bullies any longer.

I know, I know-- you HATE that.

Too bad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 4 min thetruth 9,538
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min thetruth 243,552
News Founders created secular nation (Jul '10) 3 hr The_Box 522
News Aliens and evolution (Jun '12) 12 hr USaWarringIDIOTSo... 6,224
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Mon TC_Tia 14,656
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) Mon MikeF 19,806
News Atheism must be about more than just not believ... Jul 4 Amused 2
More from around the web