Suicide of girl forced to marry rapis...

Suicide of girl forced to marry rapist sparks outrage

There are 140 comments on the www.foxnews.com story from Mar 15, 2012, titled Suicide of girl forced to marry rapist sparks outrage. In it, www.foxnews.com reports that:

The case of a 16-year-old girl who killed herself after she was forced to marry her rapist has spurred outrage among Morocco's internet activists and calls for changes to the country's laws.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.foxnews.com.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#41 Apr 1, 2012
mystical mama wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what country you are in. But, I don't see any truth to that at all. In fact what I see is religious freedoms being infringed upon like never before. No group is as vulnerable to attack as Christians in this society.
And here comes the persecution card. For fuck's sake, 70% of the country is christian. I can walk out the door of my job and see 4 christian churches in a 3 block radius. Perhaps you are the one that needs to check what country they are in. Sorry but christians hold too much sway in this country for you to attempt to portray ourself as a martyr. It don't work here.

Cpt Jack Sparrow

“.strike yer colors swab ”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#42 Apr 1, 2012
the persecution card is usualy played when attempting to justify or stirr up persecution, The old They did such an Such to so an So now lets get Em' angle, Infamous religious nuts from Martin Luther to Hitler have played this card, Another version is blaming natural disasters as a sign of Divine Displeasure with a partucular group as Pat Robertson attempted with Pagans an Witches during during the 90s.......
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
And here comes the persecution card. For fuck's sake, 70% of the country is christian. I can walk out the door of my job and see 4 christian churches in a 3 block radius. Perhaps you are the one that needs to check what country they are in. Sorry but christians hold too much sway in this country for you to attempt to portray ourself as a martyr. It don't work here.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#43 Apr 1, 2012
Cpt Jack Sparrow wrote:
the persecution card is usualy played when attempting to justify or stirr up persecution, The old They did such an Such to so an So now lets get Em' angle, Infamous religious nuts from Martin Luther to Hitler have played this card, Another version is blaming natural disasters as a sign of Divine Displeasure with a partucular group as Pat Robertson attempted with Pagans an Witches during during the 90s....... <quoted text>
Agreed. BTW Jack, I realize you're Native American (Cherokee?).
Do you happen to live in Oklahoma? If you don't want to divulge that info, I completely understand. Just curious.

Cpt Jack Sparrow

“.strike yer colors swab ”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#44 Apr 1, 2012
Although I an quite familiar with parts of Oklahoma I do not reside there!
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. BTW Jack, I realize you're Native American (Cherokee?).
Do you happen to live in Oklahoma? If you don't want to divulge that info, I completely understand. Just curious.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#45 Apr 2, 2012
Cpt Jack Sparrow wrote:
Although I an quite familiar with parts of Oklahoma I do not reside there! <quoted text>
Thanks Jack.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#46 Apr 2, 2012
Grumpy Guy wrote:
<quoted text> Well I guess then there is a way to move your internet adress around.
Well I am just a simple minded Redneck with pwerhaps the lowest IQ of any posting here on topix so dont go expecting me to learn how anytime soon. Unless knowing how can get me free beer.
There is a guy who says that he will buy me beer, if I meet him at the local ball field.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#47 Apr 2, 2012
fromoverthesea wrote:
<quoted text>
you are taking passages out of context and twisting them yourself. Tell me please where the bible says "thou shalt rape?"--it doesn't. But then you would know that had you ever bothered to open it and read it. Good Luck. Lol
Put them in context, then. It simple! I quote the bible, and you put it in to context to make it sound right, OK?

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

Make it sound like this is not murder!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#48 Apr 2, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Only one has tried, so far!
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TUGI0DV...
Eagle12 wrote, "<quoted text>Another twisted and slanted view from our resident atheist. No where does the word,“rape” come up in the KJV. Nor does it give any indication of a violent act. When two lovers embrace they are,“laying hold on each other.”"

He tried to say that Deuteronomy 22:28-29 was consensual!!!
fromoverthesea wrote:
<quoted text>
ty
ty?!?! What for?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#49 Apr 2, 2012
fromoverthesea wrote:
<quoted text>
that is ISLAMIC law nitwit.
Not Christian. Good Luck.
Read your bile! It's for more than just thumping!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#50 Apr 2, 2012
mystical mama wrote:
<quoted text>
So, tell me this? Which is it? You don't believe God exists, or you simply hate what He says?
The answer is apparent. You are angered by His words (which you have not quite done justice at interpreting anyway)therefore, you clearly believe that He IS and that His word lives. So, you should not call yourself an Atheist, you are simply a God hater.
I do not believe in a god or gods. The bible, or as I like to call it, the bile, is nothing more than man's laws and mythologies.

I don't interpret the bible, I simply copy and paste from it. i.e.

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

Correct this and make it sound like it is not murder.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#51 Apr 2, 2012
mystical mama wrote:
No. But then again, I don't waste time trying to translate unicorn communications in order to prove they do not exist. I just go on about my life with actually very little consideration at all of invisible pink unicorns.
How many believers in invisible pink unicorns have tried to force their beliefs on you? Such as, Does your currency say, "In IPU We Trust"? Does the Pledge of Allegiance say, "One Nation, Under IPU"? Is anyone trying to force IPU's creation myth into your public school's science class?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#52 Apr 2, 2012
mystical mama wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what country you are in. But, I don't see any truth to that at all. In fact what I see is religious freedoms being infringed upon like never before. No group is as vulnerable to attack as Christians in this society.
christians have forced their religion on America, for far too long. Now non-christians are standing up and saying, "No more!"

Keep your religion out of government and out of public schools(*) and things will be fine.

* christianity can be discussed just like the other mythologies of the world and in history class. Everyone should know the truth behind the mythology and the evils that it brought upon this Earth.

“Question Authority.”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#53 Apr 2, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>Put them in context, then. It simple! I quote the bible, and you put it in to context to make it sound right, OK?

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

Make it sound like this is not murder!
Your quote was about rape--- not murder, or can you not remember what you wrote? Again, tell me where the Bible condones rape?

“Question Authority.”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#54 Apr 2, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>Read your bile! It's for more than just thumping!
My 'bile'---really? Lol

“Question Authority.”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#55 Apr 2, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>christians have forced their religion on America, for far too long. Now non-christians are standing up and saying, "No more!"

Keep your religion out of government and out of public schools(*) and things will be fine.

* christianity can be discussed just like the other mythologies of the world and in history class. Everyone should know the truth behind the mythology and the evils that it brought upon this Earth.
I feel sorry for you. To you, life itself is nothing more than an 'intellectual' adventure espoused with hatred for people of faith. Why don't you stop making yourself a target? This is an historically Christian nation. Don't like that???? Then go live in some other country!!!

“Question Authority.”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#56 Apr 2, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>christians have forced their religion on America, for far too long. Now non-christians are standing up and saying, "No more!"

Keep your religion out of government and out of public schools(*) and things will be fine.

* christianity can be discussed just like the other mythologies of the world and in history class. Everyone should know the truth behind the mythology and the evils that it brought upon this Earth.
Better yet, go crawl back under the rock that you came out from!

“Question Authority.”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#57 Apr 2, 2012
fromoverthesea wrote:
<quoted text>I feel sorry for you. To you, life itself is nothing more than an 'intellectual' adventure espoused with hatred for people of faith. Why don't you stop making yourself a target? This is an historically Christian nation. Don't like that???? Then go live in some other country!!!
The ONLY reason that you have the 'right' to even voice a differing opinion is because you live in America and in the name of tolerance, we have to put up with idiots like you!!!

“Question Authority.”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#58 Apr 2, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>christians have forced their religion on America, for far too long. Now non-christians are standing up and saying, "No more!"

Keep your religion out of government and out of public schools(*) and things will be fine.

* christianity can be discussed just like the other mythologies of the world and in history class. Everyone should know the truth behind the mythology and the evils that it brought upon this Earth.
Personally, I'd love to ship your a** to say Libya, or the Sudan, or Pakistan, and see how long they tolerate you. You wouldn't make a week, bashing Islam, in an Islamic country. Don't like it here???? Then f**king...MOVE! I hear there are some great caves in Pakistan!!!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#59 Apr 2, 2012
fromoverthesea wrote:
<quoted text>
Better yet, go crawl back under the rock that you came out from!
Why don't you put me there?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#60 Apr 2, 2012
fromoverthesea wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I'd love to ship your a** to say Libya, or the Sudan, or Pakistan, and see how long they tolerate you. You wouldn't make a week, bashing Islam, in an Islamic country. Don't like it here???? Then f**king...MOVE! I hear there are some great caves in Pakistan!!!
I would love to ship your ass there, too! See how long you would be tolerated. See how you like a government run by your god's laws.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 7 min 0smius 87,318
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) Feb 17 superwilly 5,811
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Feb 14 ChristineM 4,032
Christianity almost did not happen Feb 12 Quatsch22 1
News Egypt's parliament takes serious actions to com... Feb 12 dollarsbillmom 19
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Feb 10 superwilly 5,154
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) Feb 9 Eagle 12 - 257
More from around the web