Atheism 101: Negative belief is belief nonetheless

There are 4395 comments on the Examiner.com story from Feb 13, 2011, titled Atheism 101: Negative belief is belief nonetheless. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

Do you like this Article? A common claim of many atheists is that atheism is not a belief, but a lack of one.A You can see this claim being debated in the discussion of the article, Atheists: They Exist in Modesto, California! posted on Friendly Atheist .A However, a lack of belief in either a theist or atheist direction is apisticism -someone who ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4413 Sep 18, 2011
trueseeker1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What objective reference do u use to make this objective/ absolute claim?
The total sum of your posts, coupled with the sum of all the posts by others which proves you are lying.

Duuuuuhhhhh.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4414 Sep 18, 2011
Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been pretty much respectful to you. You just have to be a smart ass donít you.
<quoted text>
I have read your post and I may have missed what religion you may be.
If you are too ashamed or embarrassed about your beliefs then just say so. As far as intelligence goes yours is seriously in doubt being that you have delusions.
I tried to be cordial in my post but if you what to show your ignorance.
Truthy is a hateful poster, to be sure.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#4415 Sep 18, 2011
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Truthy is a hateful poster, to be sure.
Seems to be full of hate.

Seems to be full of ignorance.

At last delusions can do that to a person if they do not attempt to understand their delusions.
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

#4416 Sep 18, 2011
trueseeker1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Base line? It's the white line that is usually chalk and is laid down between bases in the infield...from first to second, second to third, and third to home plate.
Context, my friend, it isn't what a base line is, he just need one, in context with how you define hate speech.

“Hello homo sapiens sapiens.”

Since: Mar 07

A galaxy near you.

#4417 Nov 1, 2011
trueseeker1 wrote:
<quoted text>
All you would have to do is a real small amount of research looking back at the threads and you would easily find your answer.
Personally, I really don't want to know that badly. You're not interesting enough to spend all the time backtracking and reading endless spam to find out.

Easily find? Are you stupid or something Private Gump?

A troll by any other name would still not smell so sweet, lololol

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#4418 Apr 27, 2012
trueseeker1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What objective reference do u use to make this objective/ absolute claim?
Show us some proof of your god or f*ck off.

They should put this sign in front of every religious building.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4419 Apr 28, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Show us some proof of your god or f*ck off.
They should put this sign in front of every religious building.
I'll go you one better:

"Show us some proof you are NOT lying, or pay taxes like all the other entertainment businesses."

If they cannot show proof? They are lying. If they are lying? They must agree they are only doing for entertainment purposes... and be taxed.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4420 Apr 28, 2012
Stupid topix engine... it won't let me post at all, then suddenly all 3 identical attempts show up...

... meh.

:)
LCNLin

United States

#4421 Sep 2, 2013
Does seem to be a religion,
complete with defensive reactions to criticism,
just saying
LCNLin

United States

#4422 Sep 2, 2013
redneck wrote:
...and the majority of people in the US prison system are christians and less than 1% are atheist.
Made up statistic
Provide proof

Location hidden

#4423 Sep 2, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
just saying
Creationist liars afraid of a court of law. They have the experience that lies don't work there.

When you can prove creationism is not a mental illness, you get respect and not before troll.

Location hidden

#4424 Sep 2, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Made up statistic
Provide proof
Made up cult, provide proof, a$$hat.

“Putten the SIN ”

Since: Nov 08

back in Wisconsin

#4425 Sep 3, 2013
Actually we rarely get criticized. Most of the time we're just correcting what lying obtuse people are saying, like...>>
LCNLin wrote:
just saying
We're like spell check for the religious.

Location hidden

#4426 Sep 3, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
just saying
so your creationist cult IS self - aware and has no proof!
LCNLin

United States

#4427 Sep 3, 2013
Pope to lead Vatican prayer vigil for peace in Syria

-- On the evening of Sept. 7, days before U.S. lawmakers vote on President Barack Obama's proposal for a military attack on Syria, Pope Francis will lead thousands in St. Peter's Square in a prayer vigil for peace.

"We will gather in prayer and in a spirit of penance, invoking God's great gift of peace upon the beloved nation of Syria and upon each situation of conflict and violence around the world," the pope said Sept. 1, before praying the noon Angelus with a crowd in the square. "Humanity needs to see these gestures of peace and to hear words of hope and peace."
LCNLin

United States

#4428 Sep 3, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
so your creationist cult IS self - aware and has no proof!
Your opinions are not proof.
Just Prove It !
Amused

Lowell, MA

#4429 Sep 3, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationist liars afraid of a court of law. They have the experience that lies don't work there.
You obviously haven't spent much time in any criminal court. Cops routinely lie and get away with it. They even refer privately to their testimony as 'testilying'.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#4430 Sep 3, 2013
Wow they are desperately trying to lower non-belief to the level of a belief.
I would consider that a white flag
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#4431 Sep 3, 2013
Big D wrote:
Wow they are desperately trying to lower non-belief to the level of a belief.
I would consider that a white flag
Exactly. Contributor Skeptic has pointed that out too.

Belief in pixies isn't as reasonable as non-belief in pixies.(Russell's Teapot).

Religionists talk of 'losing faith' or losing belief in god(s). That is more religious gibberish - nothing is lost by rejecting superstition.

Contributor LCNlin makes the same mistake many religionists make. He thinks that agnostics give equal weight to the idea that there is a god and that there isn't one. He appears to assume all agnostics think the two options are equally likely. That misunderstands many people like Professor Richard Dawkins who are happy to be perceived as or called 'agnostic'.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#4432 Sep 3, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly. Contributor Skeptic has pointed that out too.
Belief in pixies isn't as reasonable as non-belief in pixies.(Russell's Teapot).
Religionists talk of 'losing faith' or losing belief in god(s). That is more religious gibberish - nothing is lost by rejecting superstition.
Contributor LCNlin makes the same mistake many religionists make. He thinks that agnostics give equal weight to the idea that there is a god and that there isn't one. He appears to assume all agnostics think the two options are equally likely. That misunderstands many people like Professor Richard Dawkins who are happy to be perceived as or called 'agnostic'.
My favorite argument is.. donít you want to be sure? Just in case?

My answer is, I am not tossing a virgin in a volcano just to be sure.

I donít see any religions as any better or more likely than any other.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 3 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 7,210
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 28 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 238,947
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 2 hr NoahLovesU 7,435
News Phil Robertson talks against Atheists 3 hr superwilly 88
why Atheists believe in incest,pedophilia and b... Thu thetruth 29
News .com | What hope is there without God? Wed Kaitlin the Wolf ... 26
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) May 20 thetruth 2,171
More from around the web