Atheist Charity raises over $100k for...

Atheist Charity raises over $100k for Blitzer'ed Oklahoma Tornado Survivor

There are 2 comments on the Daily Kos story from May 28, 2013, titled Atheist Charity raises over $100k for Blitzer'ed Oklahoma Tornado Survivor. In it, Daily Kos reports that:

Atheists Unite, an indiegogo campaign started by Atheist comedian Doug Stanhope, has just raised $100,000 and counting for Rebecca Vitsmun's family, a victim of the Moore, OK Tornado, made famous by an interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer , in which he inadvertently caused her to reveal her atheism.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Kos.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#1 May 30, 2013
Christians have to be pushed to giving by the threat of hell. Atheists give because of our own kindness and warmth.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#2 May 30, 2013
There's certainly no evidence that non-believers are less generous or less altruistic than believers. I think non-believers are generally more inclusive than religionists.

There are now non-religious organisations all around the world. In the USA they are often have 'athiest' or 'secular' in their title.

http://iheu.org/contacts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federation_of_In...

Rationalists don't generally want to kill each other over ideology or dogma; nor do they riot because of cartoons challenging "sacred" beliefs. For a rational person ALL beliefs may be challenged. Some religionists cannot even stand their most absurd superstitions having to face satire.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 35 min _Susan_ 40,751
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr _Susan_ 16,200
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr IB DaMann 256,065
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr ChristineM 3,769
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 2 hr _Susan_ 20,620
There are no such things as gods or fairies 2 hr Amused 108
Good arguments against Christianity 2 hr Eagle 12 103
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 2 hr Eagle 12 4,690
More from around the web