“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#62 Mar 29, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
If this God is somehow real, then you know you're gonna burn in hell and know you're wrong.
Despite the touch of Pascal's Wager here, you sound as though you are not thoroughly convinced when you say "If this God is somehow real". There's nothing wrong with Agnosticism. Come Join The Club!

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Nothing creates... Nothing

#63 Mar 29, 2013
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Exhibit A: the story of Noah's Flood.
Exhibit B: the story of Sodom & Gomorah
Exhibit C: the story of god commanding the slaughter of the Amalekites.
Exhibit D: Genesis 38:7 god kills Er for unspecified reasons.
Exhibit E Exodus 12: 29 god kills all the first born in Eqypt.
Exhibit F: god drowns the Pharaoh's army
Exhibit G: Exodus 23:27 god promises to kill everyone the Jews meet in the "promised land"
Exhibit H: Exodus 32: 27-28 god orders Moses and his brothers to kill 3,000 for worshiping the golden calf.
Eight examples of god killing people, in large numbers, and we are just two books into the compendium of cruelty you call a holy book.
You really should read the bible before you make pronouncements about what's in it. Otherwise you look foolish to those of us who have actually read it.
You just proved yourself ignorant. you didn't bother to read the reasons did you, especially on Noah's ark, we all know why there was a Noah's ark.

“In God we trust”

#64 Mar 29, 2013
MrDesoto1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Despite the touch of Pascal's Wager here, you sound as though you are not thoroughly convinced when you say "If this God is somehow real". There's nothing wrong with Agnosticism. Come Join The Club!
I was being sarcastic. I got it from his youtube vid.
Amused

Bridgewater, MA

#65 Mar 29, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
You just proved yourself ignorant. you didn't bother to read the reasons did you, especially on Noah's ark, we all know why there was a Noah's ark.
Reasons are irrelevant. You said god does not kill people. You obviously use your wholly babble as a doorstop, which is smart, because that's all it is fit for. Clearly, if you paid attention to the sentence thingies on the pages, you would know that your god kills regularly, with less remorse than Ted Bundy.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#66 Mar 29, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Why was there a Noah's Ark?

Answer: so your god could get glory in murdering ALL the babies in the world? As we know from the story, NO babies permitted onto the ark, therefore they all drowned, each and every one.

That's pretty ugly, even by YOUR standards.

I mean-- a 9 year old could have come up with a BETTER plan than drowning everyone.

Think about that for a sec: to a GOD? Anything is possible-- anything at all.

Your god could have simply CHANGED everyone in that generation into GOOD. He has no problem with the so-called free will, does he? Nope-- multiple occasions where your god forced people to do things against their will-- time and time again.

But it appears your god DELIGHTS in murdering the INNOCENT for the "sins" of the "guilty"...

Since: Dec 10

Orefield, PA

#67 Mar 29, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean atheism has won??????
When did this happen??????
How did it happen??????
Oh thats right..........
......it was because YOU F*CKING SAID SO!!!
Alas poor Skeptic.....ever the idiot
It's not because he said so.
It's because no one who claims that there is a god has coughed up any evidence to back up the claim.

Sorry theist, you lose.....Again.

Orefield, PA

#68 Mar 29, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
That is called social barrier. You will defend atheists because you are atheists. You're not clever but keep pretending you are.
In other words, you can't prove that your sky pixie is real, so you try to change the subject. LOL!! Yeah, that's gonna work. LOL!!!!
No gold star for you!

Orefield, PA

#69 Mar 29, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I thought, to challenging for you.
To challenging.... You mean like provideing real evidence for a god?
That's what I thought.

“In God we trust”

#70 Mar 29, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Why was there a Noah's Ark?
Answer: so your god could get glory in murdering ALL the babies in the world? As we know from the story, NO babies permitted onto the ark, therefore they all drowned, each and every one.
That's pretty ugly, even by YOUR standards.
I mean-- a 9 year old could have come up with a BETTER plan than drowning everyone.
Think about that for a sec: to a GOD? Anything is possible-- anything at all.
Your god could have simply CHANGED everyone in that generation into GOOD. He has no problem with the so-called free will, does he? Nope-- multiple occasions where your god forced people to do things against their will-- time and time again.
But it appears your god DELIGHTS in murdering the INNOCENT for the "sins" of the "guilty"...
Yes, god's going to make his people good, we make our own decisions, God making his people Christian and making them obey his laws wouldn't feel right. I mean if you were God, would it feel right to make and not give people free will.

To make them do everything you want. God wanted a new world, he didn't want to force his creation to do things his way. I would myself, want you atheists to make the decision for yourself, I don't want you guys to be Christian because God forced you.

God doesn't interfere with man, killing those people would've been the only way.

Now you guys can ask me anything you want and I have a decent answer for every one, except you atheists don't want to admit I'm right in my answers, because it will make yourselves look bad.

But why don't you answer my questions and try to change the subject without me noticing by using fancy words. Give that a thought.

Orefield, PA

#71 Mar 29, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, your mom can't even convince you to use toilet paper. Why would anyone else care?
It's always amusing to see you throw a temper tantrum, stomp, and act like a clown rather than just shut all of us atheists up with that real evidence of god you're holding back. LOL!!!

It seems that your reaction to reality is to lash out at those who offer you logic and truth. Maybe when you grow up, that will change.

Orefield, PA

#72 Mar 29, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
You're no Father, you cold hearted man. God doesn't murder, he does not interfere with mankind.
If this God is somehow real, then you know you're gonna burn in hell and know you're wrong.
And one more thing, you're arrogant.
So you don't bother to pray, right?

Orefield, PA

#73 Mar 29, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You beat me to that one.
No doubt there are other examples of how the god of the Bible interferes with mankind.
I guess the big interference that Christians long for is when God finally decides to end his failed experiment. You know, when he comes down from the heavens to interfere by slaughtering humanity in their billions.
Wouldn't the whole Jesus myth be considered interference?

Since: Mar 11

United States

#74 Mar 29, 2013
Slam dunk icon so needed!
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>Exhibit A: the story of Noah's Flood.

Exhibit B: the story of Sodom & Gomorah

Exhibit C: the story of god commanding the slaughter of the Amalekites.

Exhibit D: Genesis 38:7 god kills Er for unspecified reasons.

Exhibit E Exodus 12: 29 god kills all the first born in Eqypt.

Exhibit F: god drowns the Pharaoh's army

Exhibit G: Exodus 23:27 god promises to kill everyone the Jews meet in the "promised land"

Exhibit H: Exodus 32: 27-28 god orders Moses and his brothers to kill 3,000 for worshiping the golden calf.

Eight examples of god killing people, in large numbers, and we are just two books into the compendium of cruelty you call a holy book.

You really should read the bible before you make pronouncements about what's in it. Otherwise you look foolish to those of us who have actually read it.

“In God we trust”

#75 Mar 29, 2013
The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't bother to pray, right?
Where did you come up with that?

Orefield, PA

#76 Mar 29, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
So in the story of Moses, when god killed all the first born, after he(god) hardened the Pharohs heart, that wasn't murder of civilians, and innocent children who had ZERO influnence on the decisions of the Pharaoh? What reason was there for killings one week old children in that case? How exactly does that differ from a terrorist walking into a crowded market an killing men, women, and children in order to try to force the goverment to give in to their demands?
I can't wait to see your justification for such barbarism. Oh, and don't forget, according to your bible, we are ALL gods children. How bad would your kids have to be before you drowned every one of them? Think of that first.... Your great-great granddaughter just had a baby, that child is maybe one day old, and you order it drowned. Is that cool with you?

“In God we trust”

#77 Mar 29, 2013
The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>
So in the story of Moses, when god killed all the first born, after he(god) hardened the Pharohs heart, that wasn't murder of civilians, and innocent children who had ZERO influnence on the decisions of the Pharaoh? What reason was there for killings one week old children in that case? How exactly does that differ from a terrorist walking into a crowded market an killing men, women, and children in order to try to force the goverment to give in to their demands?
I can't wait to see your justification for such barbarism. Oh, and don't forget, according to your bible, we are ALL gods children. How bad would your kids have to be before you drowned every one of them? Think of that first.... Your great-great granddaughter just had a baby, that child is maybe one day old, and you order it drowned. Is that cool with you?
Stop being lazy and just read why God did that.

Orefield, PA

#78 Mar 29, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, god's going to make his people good, we make our own decisions, God making his people Christian and making them obey his laws wouldn't feel right. I mean if you were God, would it feel right to make and not give people free will.
To make them do everything you want. God wanted a new world, he didn't want to force his creation to do things his way. I would myself, want you atheists to make the decision for yourself, I don't want you guys to be Christian because God forced you.
God doesn't interfere with man, killing those people would've been the only way.
Now you guys can ask me anything you want and I have a decent answer for every one, except you atheists don't want to admit I'm right in my answers, because it will make yourselves look bad.
But why don't you answer my questions and try to change the subject without me noticing by using fancy words. Give that a thought.
Why didn't he just forgive them by sacrificing his son?
For a god who knows the future, he sure seems to ignore it.

Orefield, PA

#79 Mar 29, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you come up with that?
Please answer the question.

Orefield, PA

#80 Mar 29, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Please answer the questions.
Yours is a typical tactic. It doesn't work with me.
Amused

Bridgewater, MA

#81 Mar 29, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, "God doesn't murder, he does not interfere with mankind." Now, you are conceding the murders and just disputing the motive. You admit that in the biblical account, your god killed Egyptian infants in order to pressure the leader of the Egyptians to do something, after your god deliberately 'hardened the Pharaoh's heart' so he would not do that very thing on his own. In other words, your god set the whole scenario in motion so he would have a gratuitous opportunity to commit mass murder of innocents.

Last week, in Georgia, two teenage thugs shot an infant in front of its mother in an attempt to rob her of money. The reaction to their atrocity was universal revulsion and anger. Explain how, if your biblical account were true, your god would not be several orders of magnitude more culpable and deserving of revulsion and anger.

The only comforting thought here is that the biblical account is not corroborated by any Egyptian account of the same events. Given the abundance of other Egyptian records of events both great and trivial, the only explanation for the omission is that no such event ever happened.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 13 min Thinking 22,101
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 56 min Just Think 227,409
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 1 hr Patrick 188
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 2 hr Patrick 42
Stump a theist with 2 questions 2 hr Patrick 18
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 5 hr TheHeadlines 70
Atheism 101: What's the most aggravating argume... 7 hr Patrick n Angela 3
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••