Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#687 Apr 5, 2013
The Retardlicans are in deep doodie and they know it. I love it :)
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>That's fine with me-- the recent historical record shows that under republican leadership, the US looses jobs like crazy.

Whereas under the last two Democrat presidents, jobs were created sometimes 10 to 1 as compared to their republican's records...
Imhotep

Hernando, FL

#688 Apr 6, 2013
<quoted text>
It was very clever.
I just have a hard time getting past the Vatacian Atrocity even now being committed onto the world's peoples.
... it's an ugly religion-- greedy as hell too.
I could not agree Bob.
They are the largest landholder in the world.
They escape law inversely every country hiding under their robes.
Imagine what Constantine started and how horrible it became until the Reformation.
For chrissake it took 400 years for them to agree that Galileo was correct!

But this. This abomination should be addressed worldwide

.. RENOUNCE this institution

IF a picture is worth 1000 words, weep for these.

http://anticlerical.multiply.com/photos/album ...

Then tell me WHY nothing is being done except following this horrid piece from 1962?

http://www.vaticancrimes.us/2010/04/catholic -...

Crimen Sollicitationis

The appalling 39-page document, Crimen Sollicitationis, was issued worldwide in 1962 by then Cardinal, now Pope Ratzinger, outlining procedures to protect priests accused of sexual abusing minors and sexually propositioning penitents, and how to conceal these violations.

The arrogance is palpable.
And do you think that unto such as you;
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew:
God gave the secret, and denied it me?--
Well, well, what matters it! Believe that,&#65279; too.
Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam
Imhotep

Hernando, FL

#689 Apr 6, 2013
<quoted text>
It was very clever.
I just have a hard time getting past the Vatacian Atrocity even now being committed onto the world's peoples.
... it's an ugly religion-- greedy as hell too.
Beyond ugly -Criminal

Cardinal Law of Boston has been hiding there to avoid prosecution in United States who knows how many more from around the world are hiding the same reason?

But I do like the costumes they are coloirful and its rather 'gay' dress clerics in lace brocade skirts.

True Atheist humor®
Jesus walks into a hotel, tosses three nails on the front desk and says, "Hey, can you put me up for the night?"

PS Sorry about those last two links they must've expired.:(
Imhotep

Hernando, FL

#690 Apr 6, 2013
http://www.vaticancrimes.us/2013/03/wanted-po...

Your Church is now under Public Reclamation and is declared an Open Community Space

The recent Criminal Conviction of Pope Benedict and the heads of the Catholic,
Anglican and United Church has caused your church property to be forfeited and reclaimed by and for victims of church violence

This is your opportunity to do what God and Christ require: Justice, Truth and
Compassion
Dear parishioners,

Greetings and welcome to this public space, reclaimed by the people and the victims of child rape, genocide and other crimes committed in your name and with your money.

By order of The International Common Law Court of Justice, Pope Benedict and other Catholic and Protestant church leaders were sentenced to arrest and imprisonment on February 25, 2013 because of their crimes against children, and for conspiring to commit and conceal Genocide. The Court Order and evidence of their crimes is found at www.itccs.org .

This Court also ordered the seizure of the property and assets of your church as partial compensation to the millions of people harmed and killed by your church. This church property is now declared to be public reclaimed space and is re-consecrated to be of service to the homeless and the poor, and to all who seek justice.

Under international law, you must cease and desist from financially supporting this church lest you be indicted as accessories to Crimes against Humanity. Your church openly protects child rapists among its clergy. You are morally and legally forbidden from participating in this crime.

Your own Bible compels you to come out from evil doers and false churches, and live justly, truthfully, and with compassion for victims of oppression.

We invite you to rejoin humanity and the commands of God and Christ, and help us disestablish this church corporation and others twisted by centuries of blood, crime and corruption. This is not the House of God - for God does not harm the innocent.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#691 Apr 6, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Beyond ugly -Criminal
Cardinal Law of Boston has been hiding there to avoid prosecution in United States who knows how many more from around the world are hiding the same reason?
But I do like the costumes they are coloirful and its rather 'gay' dress clerics in lace brocade skirts.
True Atheist humor®
Jesus walks into a hotel, tosses three nails on the front desk and says, "Hey, can you put me up for the night?"
PS Sorry about those last two links they must've expired.:(
That's okay, RE: links. The one base website is interesting anyhow.

" www.vaticancrimes.us "

The Vatican has many-many crimes to answer for-- it really should be invaded and taken down.

There is zero doubt, it's infested with criminals and organized crime.

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#692 Apr 6, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>Creationist who believes that jesus rode on the backs of dinosaurs tells atheists that he thinks theists are intelligent.
Yep! They are.

Lexington, KY

#693 Apr 6, 2013
When you think some supreme being is guiding your every move bad things happen.
<quoted text>That's okay, RE: links. The one base website is interesting anyhow.

" www.vaticancrimes.us "

The Vatican has many-many crimes to answer for-- it really should be invaded and taken down.

There is zero doubt, it's infested with criminals and organized crime.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#694 Apr 6, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
When you think some supreme being is guiding your every move bad things happen.
<quoted text>
Especially when the facts are-- there isn't any such being.

So their acts rapidly descend into atrocity and worse...

... all the while, they claim "divine" support.

Lexington, KY

#695 Apr 6, 2013
Exactly commit acts of atrocities and claim some supernatural god guided and inspired you to do them.

Very dangerous.
<quoted text>Especially when the facts are-- there isn't any such being.

So their acts rapidly descend into atrocity and worse...

... all the while, they claim "divine" support.
Lincoln

United States

#696 May 16, 2013
<quoted text>
That's fine with me-- the recent historical record shows that under republican leadership, the US looses jobs like crazy.
Whereas under the last two Democrat presidents, jobs were created sometimes 10 to 1 as compared to their republican's records...
Agree
Republicana are in denial regarding anything which helps the poor

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#697 May 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Exactly commit acts of atrocities and claim some supernatural god guided and inspired you to do them.
Very dangerous.
<quoted text>
Witness the budding sociopath, who commented just prior to this one...

.... kinda disgusting, really.

Lexington, KY

#698 May 16, 2013
The US government use to enforce blue laws on the books. Before you could be arrested, jailed, beaten and in some sad cases even killed for not attending church. This is why we see wingnuts like him reacting so angrily towards atheists.

Can't you just feel the Christian love?
<quoted text>Witness the budding sociopath, who commented just prior to this one...

.... kinda disgusting, really.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#699 May 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
The US government use to enforce blue laws on the books. Before you could be arrested, jailed, beaten and in some sad cases even killed for not attending church. This is why we see wingnuts like him reacting so angrily towards atheists.
<quoted text>
Yep. I remember the "conspiracy to stop church" when the last of the blue laws died in Oklahoma.

It appears that $$ talks louder to politicians than about anything else, and retailers wanted that Sunday buying crowd really bad.

:)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#700 May 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
Incidentally? Church didn't suddenly end, when retailers were permitted to be open on Sunday after all...

... which, upon reflection, is too bad.
Lincoln

United States

#701 May 16, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
I could not agree Bob.
They are the largest landholder in the world.
They escape law inversely every country hiding under their robes.
Imagine what Constantine started and how horrible it became until the Reformation.
For chrissake it took 400 years for them to agree that Galileo was correct!
But this. This abomination should be addressed worldwide
.. RENOUNCE this institution
IF a picture is worth 1000 words, weep for these.
http://anticlerical.multiply.com/photos/album ...
Then tell me WHY nothing is being done except following this horrid piece from 1962?
http://www.vaticancrimes.us/2010/04/catholic -...
Crimen Sollicitationis
The appalling 39-page document, Crimen Sollicitationis, was issued worldwide in 1962 by then Cardinal, now Pope Ratzinger, outlining procedures to protect priests accused of sexual abusing minors and sexually propositioning penitents, and how to conceal these violations.
The arrogance is palpable.
And do you think that unto such as you;
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew:
God gave the secret, and denied it me?--
Well, well, what matters it! Believe that,&#65279; too.
Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam
Protestants not happy with the Roman Church.

Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam, enjoyable

Lexington, KY

#702 May 16, 2013
Although they certainly thought it would be the end of the world if stores opened up. On the other hand when blue laws were enforced less and less church attendance went down and down.
<quoted text>Incidentally? Church didn't suddenly end, when retailers were permitted to be open on Sunday after all...

... which, upon reflection, is too bad.
Lincoln

United States

#703 May 16, 2013
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> It wants to substitute indoctrination for education. That is one reason why the religious rightwing zealots in the GOP try to control the content of textbooks. But there are also other forms of ideology, besides religion, that try to do the same thing. The Ayn Rand ideology which is purportedly non-religious, is also against freedom of inquiry, since it posits selfishness as an almost ultimate principle.
Ayn Rand was against Medicare for others
But took it for herself.
Lincoln

United States

#704 May 16, 2013
MrDesoto1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Despite the touch of Pascal's Wager here, you sound as though you are not thoroughly convinced when you say "If this God is somehow real". There's nothing wrong with Agnosticism. Come Join The Club!
Are most atheists agnostics ?

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#705 May 16, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Are most atheists agnostics ?
I think so, but the I probably define agnosticism differently than you do. I see it as the proposition that absolute truth cannot be known. I the context of religion, it means that it is not possible to know for certain whether deities of any sort exist.

Atheism, on the other hand is nonbelief in deities. Some atheists also disbelieve, but there is a subtle difference between not believing in deities and believing that none exist. That difference is lost on people who, like our most recent ex-president, don't do nuance.

So yes, most atheists, lacking belief in deities but acknowledging that certainty is not possible, are also agnostics.

Lexington, KY

#706 May 17, 2013
Exactly, the two terms are not mutually exclusive as they deal with two different issues.
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>I think so, but the I probably define agnosticism differently than you do. I see it as the proposition that absolute truth cannot be known. I the context of religion, it means that it is not possible to know for certain whether deities of any sort exist.

Atheism, on the other hand is nonbelief in deities. Some atheists also disbelieve, but there is a subtle difference between not believing in deities and believing that none exist. That difference is lost on people who, like our most recent ex-president, don't do nuance.

So yes, most atheists, lacking belief in deities but acknowledging that certainty is not possible, are also agnostics.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr Mikko 23,046
Our world came from nothing? 3 hr _Bad Company 1,110
Heaven 9 hr Reason Personified 44
Man center of the universe. 9 hr Reason Personified 159
Evidence for God! 10 hr Uncle Sam 51
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 hr Dave Nelson 231,016
Former Atheist Academic Who Rejected God and Be... Thu Hooogle It 77

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE