God is No Father

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#606 Apr 4, 2013
The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you should tell that to doctors without borders. They are an atheist organization that helps people for free. They don't tell people that suffering is good, they actually try to be good humans. Your hateful comment is additional proof that you are a hateful, bigotted piece of christian crap. Thanks again for demonstrating that. You are helping atheism with every post!!
Doctors without Borders an atheist organization? Are you sure about that? I thought one of their basic principles was neutrality. It would surprise me if they took sides on any question about religion. I suspect that a sizable number of the American doctors who serve the organization are Christian and that their beliefs are a strong factor in their commitment to service. Organizationally, there's a difference between not being religious and being atheist.

Knoxville, TN

#607 Apr 4, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Eighteen
That explains a lot. We all remember what eighteen was like. We all would be embarrassed if we were confronted with much that we said, wrote, or believed at eighteen. It is a stage of development that encourages certainty even in the absence of enough knowledge to see clearly.

Winston Churchill once said,“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” I don't agree with that, but I do agree that at that age, it is harder to see past one's passions to realities that run counter to one's passions.

Churchill also said,“Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.” I think by that second brand of courage, he may have meant the strength of will to resist compulsive "knee jerk" responses long enough to consider ideas that run counter to current beliefs in enough depth to realize one's errors. That's so hard at eighteen, so contrary to basic late adolescent nature.

That difficulty places you at a distinct disadvantage in this group of older and mostly better educated folks. I will try to remember that and be gentle as we go forward. I hope others will as well.

Knoxville, TN

#608 Apr 4, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
And he wants us to believe at 18 he has earned two college degrees!
Lmfao!
<quoted text>
Go easy, dude. As I wrote, we were all eighteen once, and that ain't easy. Surely you remember what it was like.

Knoxville, TN

#609 Apr 4, 2013
I work with a young man who is just beginning college after having served in the Navy, and even as he approaches his mid-twenties, he is often too opinionated to accept what his professors are trying to teach him. It's so hard for the young to see the difference between opinion/belief and knowledge, and it's even harder to give up beliefs that don't stand up to evidence or logic. But that, Carchar king, is an essential element of the educational process, especially during college years.

Remember: at this stage, the harder you have to argue your point, the more likely it is that you are in error.

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#610 Apr 4, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>That proves you ignorant, I say I'm in University, but you say I'm in middle school. You can't help, but be ignorant.

Sad!
They will use the educational barrier when they feel threatened. Givethemliberty claims to have a masters from UCLA. He even wanted to have an IQ competition against me. Heck so made claims that I PM him nasty stuff all the time. This is how nasty these people get. But, what do you expect?

Location hidden

#611 Apr 4, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, all 7billion people on earth are viewing this forum and becoming a atheist.

Sure, there's only like 30people viewing this forum.
Don't take this idiot (serpent) serious. I just post to him for shits and giggles.

Location hidden

#612 Apr 4, 2013
<quoted text>We can tell from your posts that you are dishonest.
I guess you passed mind reading in community college.

Location hidden

#613 Apr 4, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>They will use the educational barrier when they feel threatened. Givethemliberty claims to have a masters from UCLA. He even wanted to have an IQ competition against me. Heck so made claims that I PM him nasty stuff all the time. This is how nasty these people get. But, what do you expect?
Suppose to be, "Heck, he also made"

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#614 Apr 4, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
You know you're making yourself look kind of stupid, right?
Actually, you atheists are the ones.

Since: Dec 10

Fogelsville, PA

#615 Apr 4, 2013
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
Doctors without Borders an atheist organization? Are you sure about that? I thought one of their basic principles was neutrality. It would surprise me if they took sides on any question about religion. I suspect that a sizable number of the American doctors who serve the organization are Christian and that their beliefs are a strong factor in their commitment to service. Organizationally, there's a difference between not being religious and being atheist.
I have seen them several times on lists of atheist organizations.
I will double check though.
Thinking

UK

#616 Apr 4, 2013
No, but you're a number two.
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>

Fogelsville, PA

#617 Apr 4, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Are we the ones who made claims that we had proof that there is a god, and then didn't provide it?

Are we the ones who claim christians and jews are the same?

No, you are.

Not even that troll, uneducated twit is stupid enough to make those claims. But you can take heart in the fact that he thinks you're cool. LOL!!!! There's nothing like being respected by a retard! LOL!!!

Fogelsville, PA

#618 Apr 4, 2013
Thinking wrote:
No, but you're a number two.
<quoted text>
Maybe he's trying to say that we are the ones making him look stupid.
Thinking

UK

#619 Apr 4, 2013
If only he had the words.
<quoted text>
Maybe he's trying to say that we are the ones making him look stupid.

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#620 Apr 4, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me repeat myself, a Catholics and Jews are comsidered part of Christianity.
Why? Because Christians, Jews and Catholics all believe in the same God.
You missed out Muslims.

Watford, UK

#621 Apr 4, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, deranged atheist, think you know everything. Hell is waiting to snatch you're body.
IANS mentioned that when witch-doctors want to scare someone, they wave a chicken on a stick at them.

Your threatening people with Hell is just like that.

Are you waving your scary chicken on a stick at us?

Watford, UK

#622 Apr 4, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually they won't.
Most Jews reject Jesus.

So you can be a Christian by not believing Jesus is the son of God.

Right.

Watford, UK

#623 Apr 4, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Muslims worship Allah, the name is different, the two Gods lived different and look different. Muslims are another thing.
Here are a few mythological characters that appear in the Quran: God, Satan, Adam, Eve, Noah, Lot, Jonah, Job, Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, David, Solomon, Joseph, John the Baptist and Jesus.

All you need is a towel for your head and you're there!
Amused

Essex, MA

#624 Apr 4, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you realize the Nobel peace prize is giving out for a reason.
Just ask Henry Kissinger. He engineered the secret bombing of Cambodia that killed tens of thousands, the coup in Chile that ended with massacres and torture for opponents of the generals and many other atrocities. He was up to his neck in planning and prolonging the Vietnam War (remember the stalling at the Paris Peace conference? People died while the good doctor bickered over the shape of the table around which the peace talks would be held.) There's still countries he can't go to for fear of being tried for crimes against humanity. His nomination stripped the Nobel Peace Prize of any semblance of credibility.
Thinking

UK

#625 Apr 4, 2013
Agreed.

I also understand he actually received the award whilst secretly bombing Laos.
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Just ask Henry Kissinger. He engineered the secret bombing of Cambodia that killed tens of thousands, the coup in Chile that ended with massacres and torture for opponents of the generals and many other atrocities. He was up to his neck in planning and prolonging the Vietnam War (remember the stalling at the Paris Peace conference? People died while the good doctor bickered over the shape of the table around which the peace talks would be held.) There's still countries he can't go to for fear of being tried for crimes against humanity. His nomination stripped the Nobel Peace Prize of any semblance of credibility.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 5 min Dogen 3,188
High School Atheism 2 hr Eagle 12 - 37
How Do You Debate? 2 hr blacklagoon 3 2
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 hr Dogen 83,810
what science will NEVER be able to prove Sun Reason Personified 60
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Dec 9 ChristineM 3,995
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... (May '17) Dec 8 Frindly 1,190
More from around the web