God is No Father
Imhotep

Saint Petersburg, FL

#284 Mar 31, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if we could reasonably apply an objective viewpoint to the thing-- yeah.
But lets step back one more step removed: I know you know it's all fiction, and was written by ... men.(women would've had better sense, methinks)
And it's the >>men<< who were exceedingly jealous of other men (naturally).
More specifically, the "holy" men of the ancient Isralites, who had set things up pretty good for themselves-- they got 10% of everything everyone >>else<< grew/hunted, and all they had to do was stand around and feed the various egos of the leaders.
(as you no doubt know, the Levites--the "holy" men of the ancient Isralites, got to eat of the excess "sacrifices" for their own use, such that they did not need to labor, toil or even work for a living)
So, look at it from their perspective: if other gods were permitted to be "worshiped" (and given tribute) that would diminish the 10% given to the lazy Levites... can't have THAT, can we?
So, obviously, the wrote stern warnings against other-god "worship" (tribute).
It fits so well, considering the laziness and selfish attitude displayed by 99% of "holy" men-- >>especially<< those who are also in strong power over large groups of people.
Look how much gold the pope-ums wears, just as one example. Another is the super-expensive tailored suits worn by TV evangelists...
Spot on observation - well-done
Ultimately... it's all about control.
Imhotep

Saint Petersburg, FL

#285 Mar 31, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
Here's a quote worthy of sharing:
"Question with boldness even the existence of a god, because, if there be one, he must more approve the homage of reason than that of blind faith."
~ Thomas Jefferson
I think you can figure out which 'book' to Insert for this quote by Tom Clancy albeit out of context aka 'We built that'

"Everything used in this book is from public sources. The stuff that's available publicly is far more frightening than a lot of people realize."
TOM CLANCY

"Moral indignation is
in most cases
2% moral,
48% indignation
and 50% envy.
VITTORIO DE SICA

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#286 Mar 31, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
"Atheists can mind their own business" hang on, you are on an atheist forum trying to spread your BS. So who is not minding their own business?
Actually, who's the one on a atheist forum, who's saying rude things about my religion.

Remember, I'm not here to spread the word of god, I'm just here to defend my religion.

So, who's not minding their own business and disrespecting my belief.

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#287 Mar 31, 2013
The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess they don't have history books where you live.
Or newspapers.
Or news programs.
Or reality.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/mar/17/p...
Where do you come up with that, wait I know, because you're American or British, who think their the only countries in the world with books.

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#288 Mar 31, 2013
The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess they don't have history books where you live.
Or newspapers.
Or news programs.
Or reality.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/mar/17/p...
We are so backward, that as I speak, I'm writing to you on a blackboard.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#289 Mar 31, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
Actually, who's the one on a atheist forum, who's saying rude things about my religion....
1. I am an atheist on an atheist forum, you are a godbot on an atheist forum. So who is out of place here?

2. Rude, hummm I suppose you would find the truth about your myths rude well that's just too damn bad.
Carchar king wrote:
Remember, I'm not here to spread the word of god, I'm just here to defend my religion.....
That's just pure BS.
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you honestly expect to come to an atheist forum and BS and then not get hammered?

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#290 Mar 31, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you come up with that, wait I know, because you're American or British, who think their the only countries in the world with books.
It is a reasonable assumption judging from your abject ignorance.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#291 Mar 31, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
We are so backward, that as I speak, I'm writing to you on a blackboard.
Only you, not South Africans in general.

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#292 Mar 31, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I am an atheist on an atheist forum, you are a godbot on an atheist forum. So who is out of place here?
2. Rude, hummm I suppose you would find the truth about your myths rude well that's just too damn bad.
<quoted text>
That's just pure BS.
<quoted text>
Do you honestly expect to come to an atheist forum and BS and then not get hammered?
So we're both not minding our own business.

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#293 Mar 31, 2013
Atheists are idiots. The best part is they want to ignore me but they can't. Why would they be talking about me if they were ignoring me? These people are really stupid. I guess it's like a pack of diaper, they need each other for support because of all the poop they talk. Keep posting though, I love winning the so called "Ignoring" game.
Imhotep

Saint Petersburg, FL

#294 Mar 31, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, who's the one on a atheist forum, who's saying rude things about my religion.
Remember, I'm not here to spread the word of god, I'm just here to defend my religion.
Silly boy... atheist forums make fun of religions - most of us find them utterly ridiculous, without any evidence, and worthy of total abandonment.

If you are here to proselytize you should've already learned this is futile. Ours is a world of logic, reason and common sense.

Respect is earned, organized religion has not achieved respect.

Location hidden

#295 Mar 31, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>Where do you come up with that, wait I know, because you're American or British, who think their the only countries in the world with books.
When they get offended, they tend to belittle you about education. They can't accept the fact that many theists are intelligent people. Atheists complain so much about religion that they no longer have love in their heart. They are suppose to be ignoring me, but they always post about me. Too me, that's funny!
Imhotep

Saint Petersburg, FL

#296 Mar 31, 2013
Educated What wrote:
Atheists are idiots. The best part is they want to ignore me but they can't. Why would they be talking about me if they were ignoring me? These people are really stupid. I guess it's like a pack of diaper, they need each other for support because of all the poop they talk. Keep posting though, I love winning the so called "Ignoring" game.
Don't break your arm patting yourself on you're back.

It's Easter - shouldn't you be coughing up some collection plate money around this time?

Do you have another syllable to share with this forum or is this about it?

It looks like your wheel is still spinning furiously but the hamster has been dead for years.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#297 Mar 31, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
So we're both not minding our own business.
No because you are the interloper here not me.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#298 Mar 31, 2013
Educated What wrote:
Well if you don't like it here go away.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#299 Mar 31, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
When they get offended, they tend to belittle you about education. They can't accept the fact that many theists are intelligent people. Atheists complain so much about religion that they no longer have love in their heart. They are suppose to be ignoring me, but they always post about me. Too me, that's funny!
There are religious people who are educated, you are not one.

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#300 Mar 31, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
No because you are the interloper here not me.
No, because you're not minding you're own business by disrespecting my belief.

Location hidden

#301 Mar 31, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>Don't break your arm patting yourself on you're back.

It's Easter - shouldn't you be coughing up some collection plate money around this time?

Do you have another syllable to share with this forum or is this about it?

It looks like your wheel is still spinning furiously but the hamster has been dead for years.
Why not? You idiots can't ignore me. That's big enough. Lol! Anything else?

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#302 Mar 31, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly boy... atheist forums make fun of religions - most of us find them utterly ridiculous, without any evidence, and worthy of total abandonment.
If you are here to proselytize you should've already learned this is futile. Ours is a world of logic, reason and common sense.
Respect is earned, organized religion has not achieved respect.
If you got nothing good to say, don't say anything at all.

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#303 Mar 31, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't agree more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 14 min 0smius 87,205
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 7 hr superwilly 5,811
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Feb 14 ChristineM 4,032
Christianity almost did not happen Feb 12 Quatsch22 1
News Egypt's parliament takes serious actions to com... Feb 12 dollarsbillmom 19
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Feb 10 superwilly 5,154
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) Feb 9 Eagle 12 - 257
More from around the web