'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2050 Sep 24, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
ummmm and how does the big bang mean God isn't real???
You were talking about evolution...even if you take evolution out of the equation and simply look at the question "does god exist?" The answer is no...at this point in time there is no proof of a god. Only personal belief.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2051 Sep 24, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
lol I clicked on the first link angel and it was an animation lol Do you not realize there has to be billions of these fossils and all we have is a few artistic renderings? Its a major problem for evolutionists that they still can't explain. Know why? Cause there are none of these fossils that show man changing from an ape like thing to a human.
There are fossils...you just, for some reason want to think that we should be able to obtain every fossil on the face of the planet. Either you believe evolution or you don't...the facts are there for you to decide either way. You have made your decision, however your decision does not change facts and or evidence that has been found through research.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2052 Sep 24, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
from what I can tell the intermediate drawing is simply that.........a drawing. Also note the wording of "it would appear" meaning it is not definate. Again, there would be millions of trans forms and there aren't any. Do you still not see a problem with this?
There are fossils...why do you keep saying there aren't any???

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#2053 Sep 24, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
from what I can tell the intermediate drawing is simply that.........a drawing. Also note the wording of "it would appear" meaning it is not definate. Again, there would be millions of trans forms and there aren't any. Do you still not see a problem with this?
"...from what you can tell"
This is the base of your argument for many things.
It doesnt matter if you are right or wrong ,just the way you percive something at that exact moment.

Proof does not matter to you.

You were NOT LOOKING AT A DRAWING ITS A PICTURE

heres another link TO A PICTURE

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evosite/lines/I...
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2054 Sep 24, 2013
there are???? Where???? Shouldn't there be billions of these fossils that show man changing from an ape like ancestor into modern man?

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#2055 Sep 24, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
there are???? Where???? Shouldn't there be billions of these fossils that show man changing from an ape like ancestor into modern man?
http://www.theistic-evolution.com/transitiona...

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#2056 Sep 24, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
there are???? Where???? Shouldn't there be billions of these fossils that show man changing from an ape like ancestor into modern man?
http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#2057 Sep 24, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
there are???? Where???? Shouldn't there be billions of these fossils that show man changing from an ape like ancestor into modern man?
FROM THE SMITHSONIAN

The billions of human beings living today all belong to one species: Homo sapiens.

As in all species, there is variation among individual human beings, from size and shape to skin tone and eye color. But we are much more alike than we are different. We are, in fact, remarkably similar. The DNA of all human beings living today is 99.9% alike.

We all have roots extending back 200,000 years to the emergence of the first modern humans in Africa, and back more than 6 million years to the evolution of the earliest human species in Africa. This amazing story of adaptation and survival is written in the language of our genes, in every cell of our bodies—as well as in the fossil and behavioral evidence.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2058 Sep 24, 2013
you do realize that #3, Lucy, was a fraud right?
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#2059 Sep 24, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
you do realize that #3, Lucy, was a
frog right?
And that she drown in the big flood.
Along with all those really heavy dinos.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#2060 Sep 24, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
There are fossils...you just, for some reason want to think that we should be able to obtain every fossil on the face of the planet. Either you believe evolution or you don't...the facts are there for you to decide either way. You have made your decision, however your decision does not change facts and or evidence that has been found through research.
Nahhh... he not only wants every fossil... he wants every single possible step between himself and the first organic compound to appear on this planet... and then he would still default to some words in an ancient book, and his belief that those words are "truth", and proudly claim his 'god' exists and demand we prove him wrong.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2061 Sep 24, 2013
what a minute.........you guys are willing to believe we evolved from an ape like ancestor without any evidence? Wow. Seems like you would be asking the same questions I am. Like where are all the transitional fossils showing this supposed evolution. Just goes to show how deep you are in a faulty belief system.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2062 Sep 24, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
what a minute.........you guys are willing to believe we evolved from an ape like ancestor without any evidence? Wow. Seems like you would be asking the same questions I am. Like where are all the transitional fossils showing this supposed evolution. Just goes to show how deep you are in a faulty belief system.
Evolution is a fact that's written in your own DNA. Until creationists came along, we didn't know that there were people stupid enough to argue with the cells found in their own bodies. But then creationists came and amazed us with superior stupidity.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2063 Sep 24, 2013
My DNA says I came from an ape like ancestor? Ha....you are completely talking out your butt again. Its really amazing how dumb most of you really are when tough questions are posed.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2064 Sep 24, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
what a minute.........you guys are willing to believe we evolved from an ape like ancestor without any evidence? Wow. Seems like you would be asking the same questions I am. Like where are all the transitional fossils showing this supposed evolution. Just goes to show how deep you are in a faulty belief system.
You are completely and defiantly ignoring the evidence provided to you in not only the most recent posts, but you also ignore all of the factual information that you could find on your own. You are stuck in your own head and seem to be very comfortable there. As I've said before....you want to be immature and you are quite successfully doing so. Good job! ;-)

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2065 Sep 24, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
My DNA says I came from an ape like ancestor? Ha....you are completely talking out your butt again. Its really amazing how dumb most of you really are when tough questions are posed.
Your questions have been answered and there is still more information that you could research for yourself. You are the one with no answers darlin ;-)
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2066 Sep 24, 2013
sorry darlin but I just don't put a lot of importance on what you or any of your atheists friends call evidence. I would say you are just a bit one sided. Let me guess, you think Lucy was not a hoax and neither was piltdown man.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2067 Sep 24, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
sorry darlin but I just don't put a lot of importance on what you or any of your atheists friends call evidence. I would say you are just a bit one sided. Let me guess, you think Lucy was not a hoax and neither was piltdown man.
Well to be quite honest I'm not at all concerned with whether Lucy was a hoax or not... Unlike you I look at the big picture in the research and understand that there were 14---- count 'em---- 14 other examples found that are evidence from the research that's done. You choose to ignore all evidence and research.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2068 Sep 24, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
sorry darlin but I just don't put a lot of importance on what you or any of your atheists friends call evidence. I would say you are just a bit one sided. Let me guess, you think Lucy was not a hoax and neither was piltdown man.

Sugar ;-)
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2069 Sep 24, 2013
ha......if one is a hoax then how can you believe anything? Again, it shows how dumb you really are when asked to back up your ignorant claims. You cry about Christians providing evidence yet you are unable to do so when pressured.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 7 min Brian_G 14,854
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 7 min Ronnie 34,247
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 25 min Rosa_Winkel 255,502
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 1 hr emperorjohn 4,468
News Your atheism isn&#x27;t going to keep your... (Apr '14) 1 hr emperorjohn 168
News Are There Atheists in the Foxholes? 1 hr emperorjohn 54
News How 'new atheists' are just as dangerous as the... 1 hr emperorjohn 109
More from around the web