'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2010 Sep 23, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
sorry dear but the big bang theory is not proven.
So? Evolution does not depend on the big bang theory to be correct.

Proof of evolution: http://www.talkorigins.org/
antiatheist wrote:
Maybe it happened maybe it didn't.
Perhaps. But one thing is clear?

You have **no** proof of gods.

You don't even try.

Oh, and proof of evolution: http://www.talkorigins.org/

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2011 Sep 23, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
sorry dear but the big bang theory is not proven. Maybe it happened maybe it didn't. Fact is, I've given you every opportunity to explain to me why you believe in evolution and you can't. Your belief system requires a great deal of faith.
oh good grief anti... yes it is. Go study and we can discuss it sometime after if you choose. I don't have a reason to explain anything to you, nor do I need an opportunity to do so. Again you are speaking as though you have some sort of control... I'm sorry, but you do not rule the roost ;) The funny part is that I am not a person who doesn't claim to not have faith in science. I do have complete confidence in Science because science has given us many many answers to many many things.... It has also shown us how it came to those answers and gives us the opportunity to look for more answers. Faith is not a dirty word for me. I do not however have a religious faith in a "god", and for good reason.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2012 Sep 23, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
sorry dear but the big bang theory is not proven. Maybe it happened maybe it didn't. Fact is, I've given you every opportunity to explain to me why you believe in evolution and you can't. Your belief system requires a great deal of faith.
And again I will point out that if every scientific theory was taken off of the plate you would still not have any proof for a god.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2013 Sep 23, 2013
The big bang isn’t testable, repeatable laboratory science. Its simply a story. Its amazing that people are actually conned into believing such nonsense simply because some "scientist" with a British accent tells them its true. Again, I realize I'm talking to a brain washed individual that has no interest in finding out the truth.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2014 Sep 23, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
The big bang isn’t testable, repeatable laboratory science. Its simply a story. Its amazing that people are actually conned into believing such nonsense simply because some "scientist" with a British accent tells them its true. Again, I realize I'm talking to a brain washed individual that has no interest in finding out the truth.
lol... believe what you want. It's no matter to me. I trust science and I do not trust the bible for good reason...and I do not believe in a god for good reason. Make sure you keep prayin real hard and you'll continue to never have any worries ;)

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2015 Sep 23, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
The big bang isn’t testable, repeatable laboratory science. Its simply a story. Its amazing that people are actually conned into believing such nonsense simply because some "scientist" with a British accent tells them its true. Again, I realize I'm talking to a brain washed individual that has no interest in finding out the truth.
Well you'll still worry about making it on here to argue, but that's no biggie ;)
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#2016 Sep 23, 2013
you trust science? I just told you what you believe in isn't science. Its an opinion of people that have already made up their minds and mold the evidence to fit their world view. Jesus himself could confront you and you would probably argue with Him because you don't wanna admit you are wrong.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2017 Sep 23, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
you trust science? I just told you what you believe in isn't science. Its an opinion of people that have already made up their minds and mold the evidence to fit their world view. Jesus himself could confront you and you would probably argue with Him because you don't wanna admit you are wrong.
What was it that I believe again??? Last I remember you couldn't remember what I believed lol.

You have no reason to think that I would be as arrogant as you are to ignore things that are put right in front of me.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2018 Sep 23, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
you trust science? I just told you what you believe in isn't science. Its an opinion of people that have already made up their minds and mold the evidence to fit their world view. Jesus himself could confront you and you would probably argue with Him because you don't wanna admit you are wrong.
Hehe I think it's funny that you don't think scientists work in science :-)... This is why I love talking to you!

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#2019 Sep 23, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
you trust science? I just told you what you believe in isn't science. Its an opinion of people that have already made up their minds and mold the evidence to fit their world view. Jesus himself could confront you and you would probably argue with Him because you don't wanna admit you are wrong.
There's many scientists without British accents by the way ;-)

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2020 Sep 24, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
you trust science? I just told you what you believe in isn't science. Its an opinion of people that have already made up their minds and mold the evidence to fit their world view. Jesus himself could confront you and you would probably argue with Him because you don't wanna admit you are wrong.
Science is what exposes your creationist cult as utter bullsh*t, so yes we trust science.

Science flies you to the moon, we all know what religion flies you into...
Thinking

Royston, UK

#2021 Sep 24, 2013
So you say the Universe can't exist because it's not repeatable.

Nice one, muppet!
antiatheist wrote:
The big bang isn’t testable, repeatable laboratory science. Its simply a story. Its amazing that people are actually conned into believing such nonsense simply because some "scientist" with a British accent tells them its true. Again, I realize I'm talking to a brain washed individual that has no interest in finding out the truth.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2022 Sep 24, 2013
Thinking wrote:
So you say the Universe can't exist because it's not repeatable.
Nice one, muppet!
<quoted text>
Why do we let these guys build buildings and run schools, when their mental age and intelligence is just barely able to tie a shoelace??

Its almost criminal neglect of society.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#2023 Sep 24, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
you atheists go crazy when God is mentioned. You start calling Christians liars, idiots, etc. which tells me how desperate you really must be. I assume if your an atheist then you must also believe in evolution. So the burden is on you, show me where all the transitional fossils are located and how the universe began. As far as humans evolving, there must be millions of transitional fossils right? Where are they? Give me an answer
Why would an atheist, believe in evolution? Do the two have anything in common?

Atheist: Not a theist, that's it. No big gods, no little gods, no blue gods, no dog head gods, no rainbow gods, no gods of any type.

Evolutionist: Someone who studies or supports a theory of biological adaptation(evolution).

Yeah, so it all boils down to >>>

Theist: "I got a god".
Atheist: "I don't".
Evolutionist: "See, there is proof it did change".

Theist: "God made it change."

Atheist and Evolutionist: Okaaaaay.(quietly tiptoes away)

Well okay, I quess we do have something in common.(R.P. tiptoes away)

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#2024 Sep 24, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
The big bang isn’t testable, repeatable laboratory science. Its simply a story. Its amazing that people are actually conned into believing such nonsense simply because some "scientist" with a British accent tells them its true. Again, I realize I'm talking to a brain washed individual that has no interest in finding out the truth.
Like the buybull ain't a story? LOL! Have you read it? Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. Truth? Like a man lived inside a fish for three days?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#2025 Sep 24, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
you trust science? I just told you what you believe in isn't science. Its an opinion of people that have already made up their minds and mold the evidence to fit their world view. Jesus himself could confront you and you would probably argue with Him because you don't wanna admit you are wrong.
Look down at your hands, see the mallet, chisel and stone tablet? No? You don't? What you see is science, proven, working, real. You and science have accessed the internet, no god needed.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#2026 Sep 24, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
you atheists go crazy when God is mentioned. You start calling Christians liars, idiots, etc. which tells me how desperate you really must be. I assume if your an atheist then you must also believe in evolution. So the burden is on you, show me where all the transitional fossils are located and how the universe began. As far as humans evolving, there must be millions of transitional fossils right? Where are they? Give me an answer
wow, lots of anger and ignorance there. EVERY FOSSIL IS A TRANSITIONAL FOSSIL THEY ALL SHOW SLIGHT VARIENCES!

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#2027 Sep 24, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
you atheists go crazy when God is mentioned. You start calling Christians liars, idiots, etc. which tells me how desperate you really must be. I assume if your an atheist then you must also believe in evolution. So the burden is on you, show me where all the transitional fossils are located and how the universe began. As far as humans evolving, there must be millions of transitional fossils right? Where are they? Give me an answer
http://transitionalfossils.com/

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evosite/lines/I...

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#2028 Sep 24, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
sorry dear but the big bang theory is not proven. Maybe it happened maybe it didn't. Fact is, I've given you every opportunity to explain to me why you believe in evolution and you can't. Your belief system requires a great deal of faith.
No, the Big Bang, as understood by scientists, is a fact. Now, what that means is that the universe is currently expanding. This has been observed. It means that the universe was once much hotter and denser than it is today. The effects of this have been observed (in the background radiation). It means that very early on in this expansion (a few minutes in), it was hot enough and dense enough for nuclear reactions to happen *everywhere*. Again, this has been tested by looking at the abundances of light elements.

Now, our abilities to probe very early into this expansion are limited. At best we can get back to when the expansion had only lasted a few micro-seconds with our current technology. But everything we have observed shows that the Big Bang description is correct.

Now, there are a large variety of hypotheses about what happened earlier in the expansion than we can now measure and whether it even makes sense to talk about anything existing before the expansion started. But the basic Big Bang theory: that the universe is expanding and was once much hotter and denser, is factual and has been scientifically proven.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#2029 Sep 24, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
The big bang isn’t testable, repeatable laboratory science. Its simply a story. Its amazing that people are actually conned into believing such nonsense simply because some "scientist" with a British accent tells them its true. Again, I realize I'm talking to a brain washed individual that has no interest in finding out the truth.
No, the various aspects of the Big Bang scenario can and have been tested. Furthermore, not all scientific testing has to be done in the laboratory. We get a tremendous amount of data from the universe at large. We can use what we have learned here on earth about the properties of matter and energy to understand the processes inside stars (even if we cannot make a star ourselves), to understand what the universe is composed of and what it has looked like in the past. This is good science and is not limited to those things we can do in the laboratory on earth. The universe is, itself, a laboratory.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 min Aura Mytha 78,490
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 52 min Science 1,325
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 18 hr Science 32,431
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... Aug 12 Eagle 12 - 1,152
what science will NEVER be able to prove Aug 11 Eagle 12 - 5
News What Ever Happened to the New Atheists?by Ellio... Aug 7 nanoanomaly 1
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) Aug 5 yehoshooah adam 4,381
More from around the web