'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1729 Sep 14, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
well I guess none of you can back up your foolish claims.
Lie.

http://www.evilbible.com/

Here's a nice list of CONTRADICTIONS, with actual bible-verses to check it yourself

" http://www.evilbible.com/Biblical%20Contradic... ;
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#1730 Sep 14, 2013
lol that website reads like it was either written by a 5th grader or someone who is just as crazy as you. Thanks for the laugh.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#1731 Sep 14, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
iseeyou I gave you a great opportunity and you can't come up with anything. zippo. You said the bible has been proven wrong many times yet all you gave me was your opinion. Just shows how full of hot air you are.
I don't expect you to agree, nor do I really care ;-)... It is what it is whether you want to believe it or not...I know your perfectly happy in your fantasy world.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#1732 Sep 14, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
well I guess none of you can back up your foolish claims. All you can do is spew your hate out of the same mouth that is going to send all of you straight to hell. Pitiful. Iseeyou I don't wanna hear another bogus claim out of you again because you are just copycatting what you hear all of these vile people saying.
First of all if you don't wanna hear it ten you are welcome to not come to this forum ;-)...secondly I don't copycat my dear, I am on this forum because I agree with there being no deity...you share your belief with you christian buddies so if having the same mindset makes me a copycat then I do believe you do the very same if that's the way you wanna put it lol. I don't spew hate...you do, and I will not be going to hell because hell doesn't exist. Keep talkin on here and I'll keep responding whether you like it or not ... Contrary to your thoughts, you don't tell me what to do :-)

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#1733 Sep 14, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
iseeyou I'm STILL waiting for you to tell me how the bible has been wrong several times. I thought surely by now you would have been able to fabricate something
I can't help that you can't read...I responded.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#1734 Sep 14, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Lie.

http://www.evilbible.com/

Here's a nice list of CONTRADICTIONS, with actual bible-verses to check it yourself

" http://www.evilbible.com/Biblical%20Contradic... ;
Precisely :-)...that was very clear and precise

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#1735 Sep 14, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
lol that website reads like it was either written by a 5th grader or someone who is just as crazy as you. Thanks for the laugh.
Lol...it's sad that this was too much for you to comprehend... How simple are you anyway?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#1736 Sep 14, 2013
You made a claim that the bible has been proven wrong on many occassions. I asked you to provide me with several of these and you aren't able to do so. All you can do is give me some crazy, hate filled website provided by probably one of the craziest people I've ever heard. You are pathetic

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#1737 Sep 14, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
You made a claim that the bible has been proven wrong on many occassions. I asked you to provide me with several of these and you aren't able to do so. All you can do is give me some crazy, hate filled website provided by probably one of the craziest people I've ever heard. You are pathetic
That is correct...and I did indeed, but you (as expected) just want to ignore, and claim that the information wasn't provided. I was not the one to provide you with the website, but that gave many contradictions in the bible...that was not what you had asked for from me, but I had already responded to your post with the information you had asked for.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#1738 Sep 15, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
You made a claim that the bible has been proven wrong on many occassions. I asked you to provide me with several of these and you aren't able to do so. All you can do is give me some crazy, hate filled website provided by probably one of the craziest people I've ever heard. You are pathetic
Were you born a nag, or did you have to train for it? You've gotten your response, accept it.

Actually your buybll has been proven to be wrong millions of times, but let's not act like it matters ... you've got faith, that tells you to beleive what you know ain't so.

In his name, pray, that not one more child is ever raped, molested or murdered. You will get your prayer answered, because whatsoever ye shall ask, in his name it shall be done.

No ifs, no ands, no buts ..... IT SHALL BE DONE!
LCNLin

United States

#1739 Sep 15, 2013
usual unsubstantiated generalization with reference to earlier posts.
still amusing to read
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#1740 Sep 15, 2013
iseeyou all you gave me was that you didn't believe in miracles performed in the bible. That doesn't mean the bible isn't true or that these things didn't occur. Again, give me some things in the bible that aren't true or be quiet.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#1741 Sep 15, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
iseeyou all you gave me was that you didn't believe in miracles performed in the bible. That doesn't mean the bible isn't true or that these things didn't occur. Again, give me some things in the bible that aren't true or be quiet.
On what day did Jesus die?

Mark says Jesus died in the morning on the day of the Passover.(Mark 15:25)

John days Jesus dies after noon on the day BEFORE Passover, the "Day of Preparation for the Passover." (John 19:14)

Which is it?

They can't BOTH be true, can they?

From Bart Ehrman's "Jesus, Interrupted" pages 25-27

Jesus and his disciples have made a pilgrimage to Jerusalem for the Passover feast. In Mark 14:12, the disciples ask Jesus where they are to prepare the Passover meal for that evening. In other words, this is on the Day of Preparation for Passover. Jesus gives them instructions. They make the preparations, and when it is evening-the beginning of Passover day-they have the meal. It is a special meal indeed. Jesus takes the symbolic foods of the Passover and imbues them with yet more symbolic meaning. He takes the unleavened bread, breaks it, and says, "This is my body." By implication, his body must be broken for salvation. Then after supper he takes the cup of wine and says, "This is my blood of the covenant, that is poured out for many" (Mark 14:22-25), meaning that his own blood must be shed.

After the disciples eat the Passover meal they go out to the Garden of Gethsemane to pray. Judas Iscariot brings the troops and performs his act of betrayal. Jesus is taken to stand trial before the Jewish authorities. He spends the night in jail, and the next morning he is put on trial before the Roman governor, Pontius Pilate, who finds him guilty and condemns him to death by crucifixion. We are told that he is crucified that same day, at nine o'clock in the morning (Mark 15:25). Jesus, then, dies on the day of Passover, the morning after the Passover meal was eaten.

In the Gospel of John, Jesus goes to Jerusalem in the last week of his life to celebrate the Passover feast, and here, too, there is a last meal, a betrayal, a trial before Pilate, and the crucifixion. But it is striking that in John, at the beginning of the account, in contrast to Mark, the disciples do not ask Jesus where they are "to prepare the Passover." Consequently, he gives them no instructions for preparing the meal. They do eat a final supper together.

After the meal they go out. Jesus is betrayed by Judas, appears before the Jewish authorities, spends the night in jail, and is put on trial before Pontius Pilate, who finds him guilty and condemns him to be crucified. And we are told exactly when Pilate pronounces the sentence: "It was the Day of Preparation for the Passover; and it was about noon" (John 19:14).

On the Day of Preparation for the Passover? The day the lambs were slaughtered? How can that be? In Mark's Gospel, Jesus lived through that day, had his disciples prepare the Passover meal, and ate it with them before being arrested, taken to jail for the night, tried the next morning, and executed on the Passover day. But not in John. In John, Jesus dies a day earlier, on the Day of Preparation for the Passover.

And so the contradiction stands: in Mark, Jesus eats the Passover meal (Thursday night) and is crucified the following morning. In John, Jesus does not eat the Passover meal but is crucified on the day before the Passover meal was to be eaten.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#1742 Sep 15, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
iseeyou all you gave me was that you didn't believe in miracles performed in the bible. That doesn't mean the bible isn't true or that these things didn't occur. Again, give me some things in the bible that aren't true or be quiet.
Well, we know from 150 years of modern science that there was no worldwide flood a la Noah, nor were there ever two "first humans" a la Adam and Eve.

The whole Genesis creation myth is a story told around bronze Age campfires. It's not a real, factual, historical account as we understand that term today.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#1743 Sep 15, 2013
The two accounts of the death of Judas do not agree.

Does Judas "hang himself" (Matthew 27:3-10)?

Or does he fall headlong so his guts and bowels burst out (Acts 1: 18-19)?

Who purchased the field -- the priests (Matthew) or Judas himself (Acts)?

Why was the field called the Field of Blood -- because it was purchased with blood money (Matthew) or because Judas bled all over it (Acts)?
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#1744 Sep 15, 2013
Mark says Jesus did the "Cleansing of the Temple" at the END of a one-year ministry.

John says Jesus Cleansed the temple at the BEGINNING of a 3-year ministry.

Which is correct?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#1745 Sep 15, 2013
first off, Gillette I had to chuckle, no actually I laughed, when you used the term "bronze age" because that is an atheist calling card. Its a dead giveaway that you are an atheist because you all use the exact same lingo. Just thought it was funny.

Secondly, I love how you say "we all know" like its actually true. Well I have a newsflash for ya, not all people agree there wasn't a worldwide flood. If you would stay off the atheist websites you would realize there is a whole other world out there. Your hate is amazing.

Thirdly, I love how atheists take little verses here and there and play the "gotcha" game. Reminds me of some politicians. Why don't you take one afternoon and really research all these supposed contradictions. I'm not talking about evilbible.com or some other ridiculous hate site. I mean do some real research and you will find out exactly how wrong you actually are. FOR EXAMPLE, the time of death is no contradiction. Mark and John used two different time systems. Mark used the Jewish and John used the Roman. This means they were both right and there is no contradiction. Now go figure out the rest for yourself and stay off those hate websites because they are laughable.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#1746 Sep 15, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
not all people agree there wasn't a worldwide flood. If you would stay off the atheist websites you would realize there is a whole other world out there.
Yes, the "whole other world" is the world of ignorant hillbilly assholes like you. In the educated, scientifically-knowledgeable world, there never was nor COULD have been a "Flood" or to first humans.

You present nothing in rebuttal.
antiatheist wrote:
Why don't you take one afternoon and really research all these supposed contradictions. I'm not talking about evilbible.com or some other ridiculous hate site.
I have never read or used evilbible,com.

I am quoting well-accepted, modern Bible history and scholarship to you.

You probably still think MOSES wrote the first five books of the Bible! LOL
antiatheist wrote:
FOR EXAMPLE, the time of death is no contradiction. Mark and John used two different time systems. Mark used the Jewish and John used the Roman. This means they were both right and there is no contradiction. Now go figure out the rest for yourself and stay off those hate websites because they are laughable.
My point has nothing to do with time of day and Roman vs. Hebrew hourly systems.

The two gospels have Jesus dying on completely DIFFERENT DAYS, which has long been know as a problem for Bible scholars.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/easter6.htm #
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#1747 Sep 15, 2013
Funny how antiatheist scurries right away the moment we overturn the rock he has been hiding under and expose him to the light.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#1748 Sep 15, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
iseeyou all you gave me was that you didn't believe in miracles performed in the bible. That doesn't mean the bible isn't true or that these things didn't occur. Again, give me some things in the bible that aren't true or be quiet.
Its because you're ignorant that you keep posting cr*p instead of proof of the god you're trying to push from your half-dead creationist cult.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good arguments against Christianity 6 min Richardfs 196
A Universe from Nothing? 18 min Into The Night 506
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 38 min superwilly 256,551
Atheism is a mental illness 44 min Reason Personified 6
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Into The Night 43,186
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 5 hr Eagle 12 21,122
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 5 hr Thinking 3,843
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 hr Patrick 18,501
More from around the web