'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#1412 Aug 31, 2013
gotnatas wrote:
<quoted text>And this from a gentleman and a scholar :}
I try to be a gentlewoman but I am definitely not a scholar lol

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#1413 Aug 31, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
morality is relative according to atheists. Don't know why you pretend that you think there should be any morality at all.
It's not pretending...some people actually want morals :-)

“Putten the SIN ”

Since: Nov 08

back in Wisconsin

#1414 Aug 31, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
morality is relative according to atheists. Don't know why you pretend that you think there should be any morality at all.
I see your ignoring my posts lol.

So once again here we go, and try and concentrate on the words.

Even if you put a god in the equation, morality is STILL RELITIVE.

Its relative to the gods whims. So whatever your god deems ok no matter how bad for your wellbeing it may be, you would have to say its ok.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#1415 Aug 31, 2013
iseeyou you said morality is all relative so basically whats wrong for one person isn't wrong for the other. Again, craziness

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#1416 Aug 31, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
iseeyou you said morality is all relative so basically whats wrong for one person isn't wrong for the other. Again, craziness
Again...the example I will use is killing. Murder is wrong in my eyes, and is wrong in societies eyes (here at least)... if someone else thinks that murder is o.k. then they are wrong... I may not be able to convince them of that, but it's still wrong. I don't see how that is crazy.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#1417 Aug 31, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
iseeyou you said morality is all relative so basically whats wrong for one person isn't wrong for the other. Again, craziness
I also said that there are certain basic moral rules that should be followed and a couple of those were no killing, stealing..
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#1418 Aug 31, 2013
why are they wrong???? I thought you said morality was all relative? Who gets to decide what the basic moral rules are?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#1419 Aug 31, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
why are they wrong???? I thought you said morality was all relative? Who gets to decide what the basic moral rules are?
I am soooo not going to continue to repeat myself...If you can't understand what is being said then I don't know what to tell ya.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#1420 Aug 31, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
iseeyou you said morality is all relative so basically whats wrong for one person isn't wrong for the other. Again, craziness
For you morality is relative to a thousand+ year personal hallucination. That's how stupid your basis for morality is.

“Putten the SIN ”

Since: Nov 08

back in Wisconsin

#1421 Sep 1, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
iseeyou you said morality is all relative so basically whats wrong for one person isn't wrong for the other. Again, craziness
Id say read with comprehension but your obviously to scared to so.....

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1422 Sep 1, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
why are they wrong???? I thought you said morality was all relative? Who gets to decide what the basic moral rules are?
Simple: they are wrong because the **majority** of human societies, down through the centuries, have declared that they are.

It ought to be noted that the few societies that said otherwise? Were **religious** in one or more ways....

Take your average bible-based ideas: in that, murder is not only **not** wrong? You are compelled to murder for the most trivial of "offenses" too:

## bible demands you murder anyone traveling on Saturday
## bible demands you murder anyone working on Saturday
## bible demands you murder anyone buying or selling on Saturday
## bible demands you murder any kid who back-talks
## bible demands you murder anyone who wears mixed fabrics
## bible demands you murder anyone picking veggies from their garden, if on Saturday

(the bible has an obsession with Saturdays, it seems)

## bible demands you murder an adulteress
## bible demands you murder anyone who worships idols (which pretty much includes **anyone** who watches American Idol-- it even says so in it's name)

----------

In short? Some societies think murder is not only **okay** but a **requirement**.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#1423 Sep 1, 2013
iseeyou I can't you just can't comprehend. I pitty you. You are a great candidate for atheist indoctrination.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#1424 Sep 1, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
iseeyou I can't you just can't comprehend. I pitty you. You are a great candidate for atheist indoctrination.
Darlin... there is no reason to pity me. I know you feel the need to say that though to see if you can stir some emotions. It is unfortunate though that we cannot have a normal conversation because you choose to relate to people the way you do. As for indoctrination... no one had to indoctrinate me to be a non-believer. I chose that on my own, and I'm not, in any way, disappointed in that decision. When I speak to people such as yourself, who carry themselves the way you do, it simply supports my decision, and makes me sad that I ever talked to people the way that you do now. I don't pity you... I do hope that one day you will come to understand your religion better, and at least follow it the way it should be if you choose to stick with it.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#1425 Sep 2, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
iseeyou I can't you just can't comprehend. I pitty you. You are a great candidate for atheist indoctrination.
I too think you've demonstrated it is you who cannot comprehend.

Religion = superstition.
Abrahamic gods are obviously nonsense.(Religion isn't rocket science :-)
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#1426 Sep 2, 2013
you are so hypocritical iseeyou. When a Christian becomes a Christian you say we have been indoctrinated and that we are delusional. However, when a person becomes an atheist they have chosen that on their own after much thought and research. Again, you may be too far gone darlin.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#1427 Sep 2, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
you are so hypocritical iseeyou. When a Christian becomes a Christian you say we have been indoctrinated and that we are delusional. However, when a person becomes an atheist they have chosen that on their own after much thought and research. Again, you may be too far gone darlin.
Worthless creationist coward-liar with no proof of god or any honesty whatsoever.
LCNLin

United States

#1428 Sep 2, 2013
By Napp Nazworth, Christian Post Reporter
August 20, 2013|10:20 am

In an upcoming Supreme Court case, the Obama administration is supporting the right of a municipal government to begin their meetings in prayer, even if most of those prayers are specifically Christian.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#1429 Sep 2, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
you are so hypocritical iseeyou. When a Christian becomes a Christian you say we have been indoctrinated and that we are delusional. However, when a person becomes an atheist they have chosen that on their own after much thought and research. Again, you may be too far gone darlin.
Do you not have to be taught about god to know about him? Do you not except him uncritically? Since the answer to both of those are yes then you must be indoctrinated to be a christian.

When I started researching other ideas for creation I critically researched science and it's findings, and that is why I have made the decision I have made.

I don't think you understand the definition of indoctrination. If you don't then you should look it up. I was indoctrinated as a child into christianity, and I never questioned my religion, until I was older and then I had to make a choice to become an atheist.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#1430 Sep 2, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
you are so hypocritical iseeyou. When a Christian becomes a Christian you say we have been indoctrinated and that we are delusional. However, when a person becomes an atheist they have chosen that on their own after much thought and research. Again, you may be too far gone darlin.
And yes...after you critically research your religion and science and all other options that could have caused creation and may explain or explain away a life after death and you still believe in a "god" then I have to say that you would be delusional. By definition and logic I have no idea why you can't comprehend that.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#1431 Sep 2, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
you are so hypocritical iseeyou. When a Christian becomes a Christian you say we have been indoctrinated and that we are delusional. However, when a person becomes an atheist they have chosen that on their own after much thought and research. Again, you may be too far gone darlin.
oh, and I have in no way...ever given you a reason to call me a hypocrite. You might also want to look that definition up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 6 min Rudolpho Laspari 22,092
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 8 min Brian_G 51,354
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 10 min Eagle 12 24,641
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) 16 min Eagle 12 1,646
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 1 hr Eagle 12 11,399
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 7 hr Richardfs 5,788
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 7 hr Dogen 460
More from around the web