'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

Jul 5, 2013 Full story: NewsOK.com 7,541

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Full Story
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#1346 Aug 27, 2013
I love how you twist my words angel. I didn't say you should do something because everyone is doing it. I said if the vast majority of people believe in something and only a small minority don't then you might want to entertain the idea that you could be wrong and most likely are wrong. The thing about atheists is they believe everyone else, billions of people, are delusional. It takes a great deal of arrogance to believe that way.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#1347 Aug 27, 2013
you said people are being killed in america every day because of religion or lack thereof. Please provide me with an example of something being killed simply because they weren't a Christian. I've never heard of that one

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#1348 Aug 28, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
you said people are being killed in america every day because of religion or lack thereof. Please provide me with an example of something being killed simply because they weren't a Christian. I've never heard of that one
Yes, my apologies....not in America and not every day. I wish I could watch you do a little victory dance lol

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#1349 Aug 28, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
you said people are being killed in america every day because of religion or lack thereof. Please provide me with an example of something being killed simply because they weren't a Christian. I've never heard of that one
Please don't think that since it doesn't happen every day here that it hasn't happened or doesn't happen at all. I'm sure that it has happened here many times as well, and I had to come back Oma comment that it really is hurtful that you used the words "something is killed because they aren't christian." I'm not a something...I'm someone. I hope that you didn't intend to say that. It is a serious issue here as well and that was what I was trying to get across earlier, for both sides of the fence. I also just recently read a very sad story about an Islamic father who shot his two daughters because they were dating boys who were not of the same faith. It's such senseless emotions over personal choices and beliefs. Christianity is looked down upon in many other countries as well, but it's to be expected because those countries do not hold christians as their main religion. It's doubtful that will ever happen here simply because christianity is dominant in this country so you shouldn't fear that too much. It's just my hope that it one day becomes a personal thing again and not a socially dominating thing.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#1350 Aug 28, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>Please don't think that since it doesn't happen every day here that it hasn't happened or doesn't happen at all. I'm sure that it has happened here many times as well, and I had to come back Oma comment that it really is hurtful that you used the words "something is killed because they aren't christian." I'm not a something...I'm someone. I hope that you didn't intend to say that. It is a serious issue here as well and that was what I was trying to get across earlier, for both sides of the fence. I also just recently read a very sad story about an Islamic father who shot his two daughters because they were dating boys who were not of the same faith. It's such senseless emotions over personal choices and beliefs. Christianity is looked down upon in many other countries as well, but it's to be expected because those countries do not hold christians as their main religion. It's doubtful that will ever happen here simply because christianity is dominant in this country so you shouldn't fear that too much. It's just my hope that it one day becomes a personal thing again and not a socially dominating thing.
*and *christianity as their main religion
*becomes a personal relationship with god and not a socially dominating religion.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#1351 Aug 28, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
I love how you twist my words angel. I didn't say you should do something because everyone is doing it. I said if the vast majority of people believe in something and only a small minority don't then you might want to entertain the idea that you could be wrong and most likely are wrong. The thing about atheists is they believe everyone else, billions of people, are delusional. It takes a great deal of arrogance to believe that way.
If you had proof of god, you wouldn't be in this forum, because it would not exist.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#1352 Aug 28, 2013
antiatheist wrote:

I didn't say you should do something because everyone is doing it.

I said if the vast majority of people believe in something and only a small minority don't then you might want to entertain the idea that you could be wrong and most likely are wrong.
These two things are not different.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#1353 Aug 28, 2013
awww iseeyou did I hurt your little feelings? Quit being so sensitive.

you are likely wrong yet atheists won't admit it. You need to go back to the drawing board with your little meeting members. Or was that iseeyou that went to meetings

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#1356 Aug 29, 2013
Watched "Rapture Palooza" last night. Hilarious. I highly recomend.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#1357 Aug 29, 2013
angel again..........you are OBSESSED with God and Christians. Your whole life revolves around something you say you dont even believe in. Its just very weird.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#1358 Aug 29, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
awww iseeyou did I hurt your little feelings? Quit being so sensitive.
you are likely wrong yet atheists won't admit it. You need to go back to the drawing board with your little meeting members. Or was that iseeyou that went to meetings
"Little meeting members"?

I'm sorry that I repeatedly tried to teach you to use the "reply" button, I just didn't realize that you really are short bus alumnus.
LCNlin

United States

#1359 Aug 29, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had proof of god, you wouldn't be in this forum, because it would not exist.
Illogical.
Sk*ptic seems to have problems with freedom of speech and living in a world where people have different opinions that HIS OPINION, oft stated ;-)
Peace to all who value freedom !

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#1360 Aug 29, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
angel again..........you are OBSESSED with God and Christians. Your whole life revolves around something you say you dont even believe in. Its just very weird.
I just posted about a good movie I saw so some people with similar interests could hear about it.that was all.

Anti, you have shown time and time again that you know NOTHING about my life and very little about religion. Why you are on an atheist forum is beoynd me. Why you are on here more than any atheist is even more of a mystery.Why do you repeat over and over that people are obsessed with something they dont believe in, yet you have posted on an athiest forum 52 times since Monday. 52 POSTS! You have also seemed to overlook that there are times on these posts. We can see that you stay up until at least 1:00 in the morning(mom's basement? just guessing) glued in front of your computer waiting to tell everyone what a pathetic life they have. I cant speak for everyone on here but I myself have an AMAZING life that I am very proud of and enjoy it every day.

You have painted us a pretty clear picture of the kind of life you have and you have my pity.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1361 Aug 29, 2013
AngelAngle wrote:
Watched "Rapture Palooza" last night. Hilarious. I highly recomend.
Thanks. Care to give a brief synopsis?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#1362 Aug 29, 2013
angle you are obsessed with Christians and God.
So What

Mcloud, OK

#1363 Aug 29, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
angle you are obsessed with Christians and God.
You should try being obsessed with Christians and God. I know it will help release you from the chains that bind you.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#1364 Aug 29, 2013
hmmmm it seems you are also obsessed with ME. Do you dream about me at night?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#1365 Aug 29, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
angle you are obsessed with Christians and God.
You are obsessed with Atheists.... obviously darlin.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#1366 Aug 29, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
hmmmm it seems you are also obsessed with ME. Do you dream about me at night?
You are a sick person.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#1367 Aug 29, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
hmmmm it seems you are also obsessed with ME. Do you dream about me at night?
Lol...that's so cute...you think you're wroth dreaming about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min Uncle Sam 233,204
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 17 min geezerjock 5,957
faith & pride 20 min geezerjock 1
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 2 hr JOEL 23,278
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 2 hr _Bad Company 214
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 3 hr thetruth 2,624
Pastor who gave up God for a year after getting... 3 hr thetruth 3
More from around the web