'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1245 Aug 22, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
I was neither a christian at a young age nor was I at a low point.
But you were **indoctrinated** into the cult at an early age.

It just didn't "take" until you experienced some major trauma or other world-shattering event in your life.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#1246 Aug 22, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
ha.......iseeyou you think 90% of the world is delusional???? See how ignorant you sound?

angel.........you are making things up again. The only way people become Christians is if they are indoctrinated or at a low point? oh boy........where do you get this stuff? Atheists claim to rely totally on facts yet you come up with these wild claims with absolutely no evidence of it. I was neither a christian at a young age nor was I at a low point. Same goes for most the people I know. Next time try discussing something you actually know about.
We've already had this conversation before and I didn't sound ignorant then or now, but you still do. At least you're consistent.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#1247 Aug 23, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
ha.......iseeyou you think 90% of the world is delusional???? See how ignorant you sound?
angel.........you are making things up again. The only way people become Christians is if they are indoctrinated or at a low point? oh boy........where do you get this stuff? Atheists claim to rely totally on facts yet you come up with these wild claims with absolutely no evidence of it. I was neither a christian at a young age nor was I at a low point. Same goes for most the people I know. Next time try discussing something you actually know about.
what led you to become a Christian?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1248 Aug 23, 2013
AngelAngle wrote:
<quoted text>
what led you to become a Christian?
Severe blows to the head?

Special closeted "counseling" with Father Mac, where he learned "how to be a man"?

Or other forms of more subtle abuse?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#1249 Aug 23, 2013
isee........again...you are calling 90% of the world population delusional. Don't you see something a little crazy about that?

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#1250 Aug 23, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
isee........again...you are calling 90% of the world population delusional. Don't you see something a little crazy about that?
What led you to become a Christian?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1251 Aug 23, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
isee........again...you are calling 90% of the world population delusional. Don't you see something a little crazy about that?
60%.

But not that long ago? 99.99% of the population thought the SUN went around the EARTH.

Reality did not care at all, that they were DELUSIONAL.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1252 Aug 23, 2013
AngelAngle wrote:
<quoted text>
What led you to become a Christian?
Systematic repetition of religious lies?

A near-fatal accident, in which he was forced to re-examine his up to now, worthless life, so he concludes that wasting it on Jewsus is somehow better?

His girlfriend left him? And so he prayed and prayed and prayed, and now he has carpal tunnel in his "girlfriend" hand? A Miracle!

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#1253 Aug 23, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
60%.
But not that long ago? 99.99% of the population thought the SUN went around the EARTH.
Reality did not care at all, that they were DELUSIONAL.
To be fair, Bob...'ignorance' is believing the sun went around the Earth because that is what it appeared to do. Delusional is having the proper information available and purposely ignoring it in order to cling to the original belief.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#1254 Aug 23, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
isee........again...you are calling 90% of the world population delusional. Don't you see something a little crazy about that?
I think 90% is a little high.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercool...

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#1255 Aug 23, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
isee........again...you are calling 90% of the world population delusional. Don't you see something a little crazy about that?
As I've said before...no I don't think that's crazy at all. Look up the definition...it's textbook delusion.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#1256 Aug 23, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
isee........again...you are calling 90% of the world population delusional. Don't you see something a little crazy about that?
Although its not 90% of the "world" population.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#1257 Aug 23, 2013
you are calling billions of people delusional. If you don't think thats crazy then you are too brainwashed to be helped.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#1258 Aug 23, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
you are calling billions of people delusional. If you don't think thats crazy then you are too brainwashed to be helped.
I'm not calling anyone delusional.
What made you become a Christian?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#1259 Aug 23, 2013
im not talking to you im talking to iseeyou.

I became a Christian because I knew there had to be a God and that there was a purpose in life.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#1260 Aug 23, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
im not talking to you im talking to iseeyou.
I became a Christian because I knew there had to be a God and that there was a purpose in life.
How did you go from not knowing and not being a believer to knowing and being a believer? Was their a pivitoal moment or event that changed your outlook?

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#1261 Aug 23, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
im not talking to you im talking to iseeyou.
I became a Christian because I knew there had to be a God and that there was a purpose in life.
You knew there had to be a god, how did you know that the Christian God was the right one?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#1262 Aug 23, 2013
did I say I was ever a nonbeliever? I think its just common sense that there is a God. I'm pretty sure every man knows this but some refuse to accept it. Probably has a lot to do with arrogance and pride. They refuse to humble themselves.

Thats what I see a lot of on here. Atheists make up a very small percentage of the population yet somehow they think they know better. There are probably more people that believe in aliens than there are atheists.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#1263 Aug 23, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
you are calling billions of people delusional. If you don't think thats crazy then you are too brainwashed to be helped.
Yes I am lol...and I don't need to be helped darlin...I'm just fine.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#1264 Aug 23, 2013
antiatheist wrote:
did I say I was ever a nonbeliever? I think its just common sense that there is a God. I'm pretty sure every man knows this but some refuse to accept it. Probably has a lot to do with arrogance and pride. They refuse to humble themselves.

Thats what I see a lot of on here. Atheists make up a very small percentage of the population yet somehow they think they know better. There are probably more people that believe in aliens than there are atheists.
I'm confused as to why you leave other religions. There are mass populations of other people that do not believe in the same story that you do, yet you think they are wrong....how is that different?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 5 min Dogen 3,188
High School Atheism 2 hr Eagle 12 - 37
How Do You Debate? 2 hr blacklagoon 3 2
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 hr Dogen 83,810
what science will NEVER be able to prove Sun Reason Personified 60
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Dec 9 ChristineM 3,995
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... (May '17) Dec 8 Frindly 1,190
More from around the web