'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#7811 May 15, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text>I was referring to my spouse believing that sometimes they are a "supreme being" over me.
She certainly suffers that delusion. Although, having recently lost her job, we've kind of reverted to traditional mode ... I actually got a hot breakfast this morning!

Texas, USA

#7812 May 15, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you mean your "significant other"?
All Atheists are not Gay, nor are all Gay people Atheists. People have an innate right to "pursue happiness" in whatever fashion suits their fancy. That is actually a 'philosophy' far more difficult to grasp than Naturalism (or whatever catchy term you use to express the lack of a supernatural component). You should work on that.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7813 May 15, 2014
ha good one hill. Never said all gay people were atheists, but so what is. So child molesters have the right to pursue happiness with their sick sexual preference?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#7814 May 15, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
ha good one hill. Never said all gay people were atheists, but so what is. So child molesters have the right to pursue happiness with their sick sexual preference?
You haven't stated your preferred denomination.
Wouldn't it depend on whether you are Catholic, Mormon or Jehovah's Witness?
So What

Newalla, OK

#7815 May 15, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
LOL! I've never divulged my sex. race or sexual orientation on any forum. It allows me to judge what type of person is trying to judge me.

Congratulations! Your twisted mind qualified you for scumbag, and you confirm that almost every time you post.

And to answer your question; No YOU should not.

Texas, USA

#7817 May 15, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Wow! Didn't take you long to jump on the Wacky Wagon!! Children are protected by instinct first, then Man's Laws and finally (and poorly) by some of your ancient texts. Kind of depends upon what the Voices-in-Your-Head are whispering.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#7819 May 15, 2014
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
You clearly worship upon the Altar of Ignorance. No "true atheist" would found a Church of any kind, much less one dedicated to a ridiculous, mythical being. Particularly one who sprang from the same imaginations that crafted the Abrahamic religions.
I always enjoy reading your post cause they tend to be funny.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

I'm An Illegal Alien

#7820 May 15, 2014
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't waste too much thought on it now. Satan is as stupid a concept as a Messiah or a "Supreme Being" and none are worthy of rational world view.
Exactly. The idea of some ghoulish autocrat, lording over the underworld, while secretly going into the minds of billions of people to convince them to do the most trivial of sins is completely ludicrous.
I had one lady tell me that Satan was the who made her lose a document that she had naming her as her father's caretaker.
I wonder how the devil must be able to administer hell and at the same time intervene in our private lives?
To be fair to Satan, we don''t have his side of the story. For such an hated enemy, he only appears a few times in the bible.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

I'm An Illegal Alien

#7821 May 15, 2014
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite right! At moments of 'weakness', my wife reveals how my not becoming Catholic has essentially ruined her life. Details like the (non)existence of "Supreme Beings" doesn't really seem to matter.
How would it ruin her life?
So What

Newalla, OK

#7822 May 15, 2014
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, he needs more practice.
So What

Newalla, OK

#7823 May 15, 2014
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. The idea of some ghoulish autocrat, lording over the underworld, while secretly going into the minds of billions of people to convince them to do the most trivial of sins is completely ludicrous.
I had one lady tell me that Satan was the who made her lose a document that she had naming her as her father's caretaker.
I wonder how the devil must be able to administer hell and at the same time intervene in our private lives?
To be fair to Satan, we don''t have his side of the story. For such an hated enemy, he only appears a few times in the bible.
Satan 49 times, Devil 57 times, Lucifer Once.
So What

Newalla, OK

#7824 May 15, 2014
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not married are you?

Texas, USA

#7825 May 15, 2014
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can't laugh at this stuff ... you taking it way too serious!

Texas, USA

#7826 May 15, 2014
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Her (our) kids can't be Catholic, they are not "legitimate", we are not really married, she's like automatically 'excommunicated' or something ... I could go on ....
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7827 May 15, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! I've never divulged my sex. race or sexual orientation on any forum. It allows me to judge what type of person is trying to judge me.
Congratulations! Your twisted mind qualified you for scumbag, and you confirm that almost every time you post.
And to answer your question; No YOU should not.
so what come on admit it you have a lesbian lover. Don't worry nobody here will judge you
So What

Newalla, OK

#7828 May 15, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
so what come on admit it you have a lesbian lover. Don't worry nobody here will judge you
LOL! Sorry my life is not that interesting. But I'll bet you could talk your wife into it, after all she is married to you. But you shouldn't suggest the Jr. High Girls you fawn over.

Texas, USA

#7830 May 16, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Speak for yourself! Although, without a multi-page photo spread it might be difficult.

Texas, USA

#7831 May 16, 2014
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
The more you think about it ... the more ridiculous it becomes. Humanity just isn't ready to move out of the Dark Ages. We're frightened children, clutching at our Security Blankets and whimpering in the dark. I'd like to think we were simply born in the wrong time, that a brighter, more enlightened Future looms ahead, that we are the vanguard of some new and improved Humanity Prime. Nope. Conversations with the 'bots give no cause for such optimism. It's gonna be hundreds, maybe thousands of years before we get this crapola out of our systems at the current rate. Some global catastrophe will probably reset us back to Square One before we get there. Hell ... the bots are actively and daily straining and praying for The End Times so they can meet Jesus while their corporeal bodies are intact, lacking any REAL faith in an afterlife. Self-fulfilling prophecies are the only ones that are known to 'come true'. We're never going to give ourselves a chance to blossom into anything 'better' than we are right now.

" http://www.mendosa.com/fluke.html" ;
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7832 May 16, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! Sorry my life is not that interesting. But I'll bet you could talk your wife into it, after all she is married to you. But you shouldn't suggest the Jr. High Girls you fawn over.
I bet you have a crush on Karen. Probably go to her store every day just to look at her

Texas, USA

#7835 May 18, 2014
Religion ... the gift that just keeps on giving.

" http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/05/... ;

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 35 min Chimney1 48,484
Athetists' best bet is that there is a God. 1 hr JustASkeptic 6
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 3 hr Into The Night 23,491
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) Sat ChristineM 21,863
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sat Eagle 12 258,039
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Sat Eagle 12 4,907
Why you need to make sure you are saved before ... Fri Scaritual 14
More from around the web