'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

JPL

United States

#7624 Apr 23, 2014
Religious people are suffering from dementia and Jesus Christ the Nazarene was a schizophrenic according to you? Can't blame J.C. being 'old' since he died at 33.
Amused

Lowell, MA

#7626 Apr 23, 2014
JPL wrote:
Religious people are suffering from dementia and Jesus Christ the Nazarene was a schizophrenic according to you? Can't blame J.C. being 'old' since he died at 33.
Yet another fundie whose god apparently forbids use of the "reply" button, so as to insure that his posts will remain incomprehensible. Or, anti's sock drawer is one short of the normal tally.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#7627 Apr 23, 2014
JPL wrote:
I didn't say that all religious people are demented, but the bell curve is wide enough for loonies to fit right in without a second glance.
I never refer to Jesus as a Nazarene and I don't think he was crazy, but I do think that Paul had issues and there is even better evidence that John of Patmos was nuttier than a pecan grove.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7628 Apr 23, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! I understand you are having issues. Not being the center of attention is driving you crazy. That is your OCD kicking in, and you're not being able to release it in the only way you know how.
Try taking a walk. But make it fast, that way your neighbors have less of a chance of hitting you with rocks.
you are the one cyber stalking someone....not me. You have issues
Thinking

Ilminster, UK

#7629 Apr 23, 2014
Religitards learns how to use reply... You'll be house trained one day.
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Thinking

Ilminster, UK

#7630 Apr 23, 2014
Religitard ^
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7631 Apr 23, 2014
thinking your immaturity has reached an all time high

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#7632 Apr 24, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! Having someone pamper your feet is not the same as having someone put a straight razor to your throat.
I dunno. Doesn't sound like much fun for the unfortunate Asian girl. Some of those Nail Salons seem like modern day sweat shops full of chemical fumes and exploited workers. My sympathies tend towards the exploited workers, perhaps because I count myself amongst their numbers (at some level). Why can't people groom themselves? I can see cutting your own hair is a problem, but the rest of it? There's a gulf that exists between the pampered and the pamperers that needs filling. Harkens back to the slave days and the "I'm better'n you, Holier than thou" ways that is the REAL root of all evil.
So What

Newalla, OK

#7633 Apr 24, 2014
You most certainly have the right to be a working class pessimist in today's USA, But most Asian businesses like you're talking about are family operated and they are working as a family.They work and live in small packs for the betterment of the entire family, It is their way of life as they know it. Their family ties are so much strong they are willing to set aside their own selfish desires to do what's in their families best interest as a whole. It is their way of achieving their American Dream.

They are more dedicated to the cause than most modern day American Families. I can understand how you feel like you do because of your way of life, but when I look at them I admire them for their dedication to their cause. If you knew what they have left behind you would be more understanding I'm sure.
Sam

Sherwood, AR

#7635 Apr 24, 2014
God must like killing, starvation, poverty, and so forth because this earth has an abundance of ignorant people who think their god approves of their stupid.

Go god fearing people, kill your neighbor for the shade of his skin or his broken English or because he believes a little bit different from you.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#7636 Apr 24, 2014
So What wrote:
You most certainly have the right to be a working class pessimist in today's USA, But most Asian businesses like you're talking about are family operated and they are working as a family.They work and live in small packs for the betterment of the entire family, It is their way of life as they know it. Their family ties are so much strong they are willing to set aside their own selfish desires to do what's in their families best interest as a whole. It is their way of achieving their American Dream.
They are more dedicated to the cause than most modern day American Families. I can understand how you feel like you do because of your way of life, but when I look at them I admire them for their dedication to their cause. If you knew what they have left behind you would be more understanding I'm sure.
It is not the Asians I am ashamed of. But ... Thank you for the nice demonstration on How to Rationalize an Injustice.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#7637 Apr 24, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you admitted that you have issues when you came up with your moniker.
So What

Newalla, OK

#7638 Apr 24, 2014
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not the Asians I am ashamed of. But ... Thank you for the nice demonstration on How to Rationalize an Injustice.
LOL! Working for a living is an injustice? They wouldn't be here if they didn't want to be. Why don't you go to Laos and see how they have to live vs. here. You sound like a Liberal, Liberal.
Thinking

Ilminster, UK

#7639 Apr 24, 2014
I could insult you all day but it wouldn't make you any less incorrect.
antiatheist wrote:
thinking your immaturity has reached an all time high

“See how you are?”

Earth

#7640 Apr 24, 2014
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
He seems to think that judging posts (including his own) makes him correct. Nothing else has worked.
Cicero

Locust, NC

#7641 Apr 24, 2014
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that anyone can judge a post?
Cicero

Locust, NC

#7642 Apr 24, 2014
Sorry..that reply should have gone to chromiuman..
just wondering

Lewisburg, WV

#7643 Apr 24, 2014
I wonder have any of you ever left your own back yard LOL or are you just posting all this mess for the joke of the day.....really I have been reading this and keep wondering just what your point is ... LOL I posted a lot of the Judged from the start until now NOTHING and just so you know many read this and say nothing... daaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ...........

“See how you are?”

Earth

#7644 Apr 24, 2014
Cicero wrote:
Sorry..that reply should have gone to chromiuman..
Of course, but isn't it blatantly obvious that aa judges his OWN posts? I haven't seen any other participants regarding him as "brilliant, agreeable and helpful." Personally, I find displaying that level of insecurity is rather pitiful, don't you?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#7645 Apr 24, 2014
Cicero wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that anyone can judge a post?
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/oklahoma-city...
Sure, anyone can, but a certain >someone< 24 times? snicker...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 min renee 31,268
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 26 min MIDutch 13,273
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 4 hr JustASkeptic 9,732
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 hr Thinking 255,296
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 9 hr NightSerf 51,149
Religion is the cause of war and most suffering... 11 hr Eagle 12 20
News Speaking for God 16 hr Amused 582
More from around the web