'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

So What

Newalla, OK

#7601 Apr 22, 2014
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
That's too bad. The closer I get to death the more I look forward to the rest. I don't perceive Judgment Day as a problem.
I once heard a comedian say "Dying will give you a much worse case of I don't give a f----, that you ever had when you were alive."
So What

Newalla, OK

#7602 Apr 22, 2014
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Good advice (the electrolyte balancing dietary supplement part). Thank you. As for using OKC's breasts to warm my scented oil ... uh ... not so much. I suffered a momentary lapse of reason. I'm a happily married man! Someone rubbing expensive oils into callused feet is the providence of Saviors and other special people. I'm not worthy.
You're not worthy of going to Wal-Mart and paying some Asian girl to rub your feet? Man, you are truly cursed.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7603 Apr 22, 2014
so what is a real cyber bully. She likes to call out people by name but is afraid to give her own info. She likes to hide behind a computer and threaten another poster. Real classy
TAMARA

Oklahoma City, OK

#7604 Apr 22, 2014
Okay people of Oklahoma City, There is a stalker among us. He has admitted to driving by our house repeatedly and coming to our place of business and slinking into the kitchen to see who is in there working. We have a pretty good idea who this person is but if you know who "slow twat" is, I am encouraging you to contact the OKCPD. We have went and filed a police report this evening and the police are asking for additional information on this creep. Posting someones information online isn't a crime but stalking is.
So What

Newalla, OK

#7606 Apr 22, 2014
Karen Janbaz wrote:
Okay people of Oklahoma City, There is a stalker among us. He has admitted to driving by our house repeatedly and coming to our place of business and slinking into the kitchen to see who is in there working. We have a pretty good idea who this person is but if you know who "slow twat" is, I am encouraging you to contact the OKCPD. We have went and filed a police report this evening and the police are asking for additional information on this creep. Posting someones information online isn't a crime but stalking is.
LOL! You don't know how it works do you? The police can get my IP address anytime they want it and come straight to where my house is.

If you did go to the police and they took you seriously ( like they haven't been though this with you before ) then the first thing they would do is google your name and find out you're the one that is harassing everyone, you BIG DOOF!

Why don't you stop posting under TAMARA and grow up, or better yet check yourself in so you can get some help. That way you can get out of rehab voluntarily. Before your issues
become involuntary and Ray gets a break from you for a long time.

Besides, if you did go to the police you must be really stupid if you don't think they were wanting to know, "who is the kook in the mumu?"
So What

Newalla, OK

#7607 Apr 22, 2014
Packing Heat wrote:
So What, this is getting old and childish. There is a police report now, just go to the Police and talk to them if you havent done anything wrong.
LOL! The Netherlands? Are you sure it isn't Holland? Or is it Neverlands?
So What

Newalla, OK

#7608 Apr 22, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
so what is a real cyber bully. She likes to call out people by name but is afraid to give her own info. She likes to hide behind a computer and threaten another poster. Real classy
LOL! You're DOOF TWO.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#7611 Apr 23, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text>You're not worthy of going to Wal-Mart and paying some Asian girl to rub your feet? Man, you are truly cursed.
I'll not be getting any pedicures in this lifetime, worthy or not. Not while I'm awake. It's not what you think. People mess'n with my cuticles creeps me out. I don't know why. Got a haircut in Colombia one time that unexpectedly included hot towels, straight razors and a manicure. Felt like I was under interrogation. Setting there helpless while people do shyte to ya! Not this cowboy, uh-huh, no way, no thanks.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#7612 Apr 23, 2014
Well Posters all Miss Karen Janbaz/Justaminute/OKC/or any other of the many posting names=Oklahoma City she post under would stop posting crap with others posting names then most would probably back off.

I actually thought by now she and Hubby would have taken off on the trip she said they would be taking with all the Obamacare money they saved. She said they would be going to Hubby's homeland Iran to visit his Mother and Dad and family.

Now the crap Karen puts on here using my posting name is a forum of bullying also.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#7613 Apr 23, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text>Humanitarian is a title that is understood to be a selfless actor, but most physiologists agree that every act of intentional kindness is a selfish act because making someone feel better makes the person that is giving feel better about themselves.
You've read "What is Man?" by Mark Twain?
Sounds like charity is the triple crown for the religious. They feel better about themselves for pleasing an imaginary playmate, for contributing to the sheeple subculture and for getting approval from their peers for their (apparent) caring and selflessness. Win, win, win. Damn - now I'm going to feel cheated the next time I donate anonymously to a worthy cause.
TAMARA

Oklahoma City, OK

#7614 Apr 23, 2014
TAMARA wrote:
Well Posters all Miss Karen Janbaz/Justaminute/OKC/or any other of the many posting names=Oklahoma City she post under would stop posting crap with others posting names then most would probably back off.
I actually thought by now she and Hubby would have taken off on the trip she said they would be taking with all the Obamacare money they saved. She said they would be going to Hubby's homeland Iran to visit his Mother and Dad and family.
Now the crap Karen puts on here using my posting name is a forum of bullying also.
Listen up you stupid fat retard...Cant you get it through that thick freaking cinder block of yours that I am not Karen? "Slow Twat" summoned you to come and be a cyber bully, well guess what porker, I could care less about what you post about Karen in the meantime you've made your bed, so shut up and lay in it. And you posting all this stuff about someone on line is sickening. Congratulations on proving what a low life you are. If you are going to use these tactics, lets see who you are fat cow
Bud

United States

#7615 Apr 23, 2014
[QUOTE who="FAKE TAMARA" aka Karen Janbaz of OKC or "Agnostic" or "Justaminute" plus everyone else's username]Okay people of Oklahoma City, There is a stalker among us. He has admitted to driving by our house repeatedly and coming to our place of business and slinking into the kitchen to see who is in there working. We have a pretty good idea who this person is but if you know who "slow twat" is, I am encouraging you to contact the OKCPD. We have went and filed a police report this evening and the police are asking for additional information on this creep. Posting someones information online isn't a crime but stalking is.[/QUOTE]

Karen, Vinita is calling your name and it's way past time to answer.
Bud

United States

#7616 Apr 23, 2014
FAKE TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen up you stupid fat retard...Cant you get it through that thick freaking cinder block of yours that I am not Karen? "Slow Twat" summoned you to come and be a cyber bully, well guess what porker, I could care less about what you post about Karen in the meantime you've made your bed, so shut up and lay in it. And you posting all this stuff about someone on line is sickening. Congratulations on proving what a low life you are. If you are going to use these tactics, lets see who you are fat cow
Karen Janbaz, regarding your fake Tamara post: the real TAMARA weighs about 100 lbs whereas, you I know from seeing you personally at the restaurant(Perry's OKC-May Ave.) and from pics posting on social media are a hefty rotund obese near 300 lbs.
TAMARA

Oklahoma City, OK

#7617 Apr 23, 2014
Bud wrote:
<quoted text>
Karen, Vinita is calling your name and it's way past time to answer.
You messed that up didnt you retard but wait... I'm not posting in this thread anymore, we are going back to yours
So What

Newalla, OK

#7618 Apr 23, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You've read "What is Man?" by Mark Twain?
Sounds like charity is the triple crown for the religious. They feel better about themselves for pleasing an imaginary playmate, for contributing to the sheeple subculture and for getting approval from their peers for their (apparent) caring and selflessness. Win, win, win. Damn - now I'm going to feel cheated the next time I donate anonymously to a worthy cause.
No not Mark Twain. I must confess, I've never been a fan of fiction. I'm into Psychology Today and JAMA. Science of the mind fascinates me. But I'm into technology and world history and prehistory. Right now my fascination is 3D printers.

Even when you give anonymously you're being selfish because it makes you feel good about yourself.

As to the psychology of religion, most believe that "believers" are into it for the reasons of belonging or purpose. It helps to give them a reason to exist and guides them to live their life for a purpose. But that purpose can be for evil also, such as Jihadists and anitatheists.

antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7619 Apr 23, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! You don't know how it works do you? The police can get my IP address anytime they want it and come straight to where my house is.
If you did go to the police and they took you seriously ( like they haven't been though this with you before ) then the first thing they would do is google your name and find out you're the one that is harassing everyone, you BIG DOOF!
Why don't you stop posting under TAMARA and grow up, or better yet check yourself in so you can get some help. That way you can get out of rehab voluntarily. Before your issues
become involuntary and Ray gets a break from you for a long time.
Besides, if you did go to the police you must be really stupid if you don't think they were wanting to know, "who is the kook in the mumu?"
Quit being a cowardly cyber bully so what. Take your immature nonsense somewhere else
So What

Newalla, OK

#7620 Apr 23, 2014
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll not be getting any pedicures in this lifetime, worthy or not. Not while I'm awake. It's not what you think. People mess'n with my cuticles creeps me out. I don't know why. Got a haircut in Colombia one time that unexpectedly included hot towels, straight razors and a manicure. Felt like I was under interrogation. Setting there helpless while people do shyte to ya! Not this cowboy, uh-huh, no way, no thanks.
LOL! Having someone pamper your feet is not the same as having someone put a straight razor to your throat.
So What

Newalla, OK

#7621 Apr 23, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit being a cowardly cyber bully so what. Take your immature nonsense somewhere else
LOL! I understand you are having issues. Not being the center of attention is driving you crazy. That is your OCD kicking in, and you're not being able to release it in the only way you know how.

Try taking a walk. But make it fast, that way your neighbors have less of a chance of hitting you with rocks.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#7622 Apr 23, 2014
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>
Karen or not you are the cyber posting bully. If you are new to this posting thing you have no idea what the heck you are doing. But you have not made me a believer that you are not Karen. No one invited me to post here or any where else. And you know Karen how long we have posted on here and it started on the Healthcare board back in 2010. Your posting name remember was Justaminute. And how many have you changed to since? Oh well, Your first 5 words tells us all you are Karen.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#7623 Apr 23, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text>No not Mark Twain. I must confess, I've never been a fan of fiction. I'm into Psychology Today and JAMA. Science of the mind fascinates me. But I'm into technology and world history and prehistory. Right now my fascination is 3D printers.
Even when you give anonymously you're being selfish because it makes you feel good about yourself.
As to the psychology of religion, most believe that "believers" are into it for the reasons of belonging or purpose. It helps to give them a reason to exist and guides them to live their life for a purpose. But that purpose can be for evil also, such as Jihadists and anitatheists.
It isn't fiction, it's an essay written in the framework of a dialogue. Man does nothing that is not in his own interests.
As far as religion, I believe it may well have a physiological/neurological origin. Schizophrenia frequently manifests close kinship with "God talks to me...". Perhaps the need for faith among so many is a byproduct of the relatively recently modified capacity for imagination and language (configurations of the "mental workspace" and the loop between Broca's/Wernicke's areas of the human brain) in which case humans have evolved into a predisposition for religion over the past hundred thousand+ years or so. Activity in the parietal lobe explains how believers "feel the presence" of Jesus/God.(Never mind that they could just as readily claim to "feel the presence" of Isaiah, Cleopatra or Rin Tin Tin.) Studies show that there is also a correlation between religiosity and atrophied hippocampus, which helps explain why congregations tend to have older demographics.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 37 min Dogen 83,108
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 16 hr Science 2,565
High School Atheism Nov 14 Reason Personified 3
Reasoning with Insanity (Jun '16) Nov 14 Reason Personified 106
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Nov 14 Eagle 12 - 3,988
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... (May '17) Nov 6 Frindly 1,175
a prayer of salvation for those who are willing Oct 24 xfrodobagginsx 1
More from around the web