'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7539 Apr 20, 2014
OKC wrote:
<quoted text>
And hello AA, I hope it pisses you off that an atheist said hello!
Sorry but I'm not an angry person like most of you are. The term "angry atheist" exist for a reason.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
OKC

Oklahoma City, OK

#7540 Apr 20, 2014
So What wrote:
You still have a cheap shot coming to. It is going to HURT REAL BAD!
Look across the ring. I'm not even sitting down yet. I've been preparing for this fight for a looooong time, Karen.
You seriously need some help. "Karen" must have really butthurt you. All this hate... hate... hate, She must have really broken your heart? I bet you feel about karen, like john hinkly jr felt about jody foster. You slithered down to her restaurant to get a peek and you fell in love. Especially with the chicken fry steak, that's why you remember it. Oh love hurts doesn't it "Slow Twat". For you to even pretend you are in the ring with a woman is sickening. I would like to see you in the ring with a girl I know though, that would be funny.

Why don't you listen to the voices and get a gun but instead of shooting someone normal, why don't you shoot yourself? Be sure to donate your body to a good veterinary school, so students can operate on you before they start on real dogs.
OKC

Oklahoma City, OK

#7541 Apr 20, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but I'm not an angry person like most of you are. The term "angry atheist" exist for a reason.
I'm sorry you feel that way AA. Perception is everything even though its not always correct. You remember everyone just knew OSU was going to blow OU out of the stadium last football season but it didnt happen.

My girl and I went to the lake yesterday and I had to stop and talk to every stranger I met who was fishing. I think I may have even made some people smile. We went to eat and got the same great waiter we got last time. The manager came over and ask how we were and I told him i had same waiter the last time I was there and how great he was. I actually said he is the best waiter in OKC. I didn't get paid to be polite, I just wanted to be. I had a really great day yesterday. I have times when I get a burr under my saddle like everyone else and thats normal.
So What

Newalla, OK

#7542 Apr 20, 2014
Hey Karen, I left something for you at your other forum! Enjoy LOL!

Hurry back. We wouldn't want round 4 to start without you.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7543 Apr 20, 2014
So What wrote:
Hey Karen, I left something for you at your other forum! Enjoy LOL!
Hurry back. We wouldn't want round 4 to start without you.
Would you two lonely, immature idiots just email one another so everyone else doesn't have to read your nonsense.
OKC

Oklahoma City, OK

#7545 Apr 20, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you two lonely, immature idiots just email one another so everyone else doesn't have to read your nonsense.
You took up for me AA, that was Sweet...
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7546 Apr 20, 2014
you must have misunderstood okc.........you are one of the two idiots
So What

Newalla, OK

#7547 Apr 20, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
you must have misunderstood okc.........you are one of the two idiots
LOL! And your the other one.
So What

Newalla, OK

#7548 Apr 20, 2014
I'm sorry it is you're. I've been reading to many of YOUR posts.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#7549 Apr 20, 2014
OKC wrote:
<quoted text>
Awe... sounds like "Slow Twat" has an alter ego. First of all I'm not Karen you dipshit. I can’t help but notice that you carry quite the torch for her though. Going to her restaurant and stalking her, what’s the matter? Is she not attracted to you "Slow Twat"? Well you can add stalker, to your other list of names like "Pedophile". You are a delusional retard and anyone on here can see its you "Slow Twat" Epic Fail on your part.
To live on "topix' seems to have a very high significance to you. It would seem that it serves as a vehicle for you to live out your sociopathic life. Oh well, if that's what it takes for you to feel like you really have the upper hand on someone. Maybe I should just quit my job, come up with a sob story that I just can’t make it in the real world, so I need to stay home and draw SSI (Like YOU). Then I could make 100s of screen names BWAAUHHHH. Bug off retard.
Guess what ding bat I have never been to Karen's eating place and do not ever plan to go! The only stalker is you Karen. Karen you yourself has admitted you do not work except for what little you do at Perry's to get the government to foot your health bill.
Jack MeHoff

Oklahoma City, OK

#7550 Apr 20, 2014
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Guess what ding bat I have never been to Karen's eating place and do not ever plan to go! The only stalker is you Karen. Karen you yourself has admitted you do not work except for what little you do at Perry's to get the government to foot your health bill.
........('

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#7552 Apr 21, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
How does The Good Christian (tm) understand or deal with anger? Offering up the other cheek, of course! Is that what you're doing here? Offering up an endless supply of cheeks for us to bitch-slap? You know you don't have to do that, right? There are other, less humiliating, paths to your Heaven. "Through his works you shall know him" ... isn't that in the Bible? Maybe you should try that approach. Do a few Good Deeds. Tell a Gay Person that you feel their pain or maybe that they're not so bad after all. You might start to feel good about yourself again and this self-flagellation can finally stop.

Texas, USA

#7553 Apr 21, 2014
Jack MeHoff wrote:
<quoted text>
........('
Well ... I guess I 'bout seen it all now.

Texas, USA

#7554 Apr 21, 2014
The Creator-of-the-Universe has decided to grace me with leg cramps along with my shrinking bladder/enlarging prostate. Thank you Creator-of-the-Universe, you are our only hope! What I really wanted was an attractive woman massaging scented oils ( warmed between ample breasts) into my dry and callused feet. Did I just say that? Am I still dreaming?
So What

Newalla, OK

#7555 Apr 21, 2014
RHill wrote:
The Creator-of-the-Universe has decided to grace me with leg cramps along with my shrinking bladder/enlarging prostate. Thank you Creator-of-the-Universe, you are our only hope! What I really wanted was an attractive woman massaging scented oils ( warmed between ample breasts) into my dry and callused feet. Did I just say that? Am I still dreaming?
Try foods and drinks that are high in potassium such as bananas and Gatorade. If you drink alcohol stop well before bedtime and drink lots of water, alcohol will dehydrate you. If that doesn't help, you should talk to your Doctor about any prescription drugs you may be taking.

You might talk to OKC (Karen) about the ample breasts part. She has already invited you to dinner.
So What

Newalla, OK

#7556 Apr 21, 2014
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
How does The Good Christian (tm) understand or deal with anger? Offering up the other cheek, of course! Is that what you're doing here? Offering up an endless supply of cheeks for us to bitch-slap? You know you don't have to do that, right? There are other, less humiliating, paths to your Heaven. "Through his works you shall know him" ... isn't that in the Bible? Maybe you should try that approach. Do a few Good Deeds. Tell a Gay Person that you feel their pain or maybe that they're not so bad after all. You might start to feel good about yourself again and this self-flagellation can finally stop.
Anti is one of those Christians that become more afraid of death the closer they get to it, but will still refuse to admit to the reasons for their Judgment Day jitters.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7557 Apr 21, 2014
OKC wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings my brother! I just looked at the blog regarding prejudice and discrimination, because the link was on your post. I hope that person is able to make a difference as well. I often wonder if being prejudice can come in different strengths. I know prejudice is an unobservable mental process but discrimination is an act. I'm starting to see more and more of the gay community at our gym and there are some things I want to bounce off of you. No matter if they are lesbians or homosexuals; they get the same hello and common courtesy as everyone else in the gym. I feel it is not my place to tell 2 consenting adults they can not find love in each others arms, but I can’t help but wonder if I am still 'prejudice'. I could never see myself being gay (and I know that no one gay is expecting me to). But there isn't anyway I could ever be physically attracted to another man. Am I being prejudice because it would gross me out? Boiled Okra grosses me out too but I don’t think I have ever been prejudice towards said 'boiled okra" Can something be gross and you not like it without being prejudice? Here is where I am different though... I am not going to tell someone else that they shalt not eat boiled okra just because I don’t.
What makes my personal preference different from prejudice?
I, personally, do not get sexually aroused at the sight of naked men. It simply does nothing for me, at most, it's an exercise in human anatomy. Or, if the men in question are horribly out of shape, it can also be an exercise in mild disgust.

Dose that make me prejudiced? Not really-- as I do not *act* on those feelings.

Everyone has feelings about things they see and experience around them, and for the most part, we simply ignore them and go on with life. No big deal.

Just as you don't want to engage in intimate relationships with men either-- it's not your thing, and in fact, you find it disgusting to think about. That's fine, so long as that's as far as it goes.

Same here-- so long as I keep it to myself? Nobody is harmed by my thoughts.

The difference? Where the rubber meets the road?

Is when people feel much as you or I do-- and they **act** on those feelings-- they go out of there way to **hurt** someone else, because of those thoughts.

To me?

Someone who goes out of their way to try to **HURT** a gay person or couple, is no better than a dictator who arbitrarily murders or incarcerates someone he suspects of being against him.

It does not matter how much these people try to **justify** their actions-- they are causing someone else **harm**.

And to me? That is simply wrong.

I subscribe to Robert Heinlen's ideals, that he wrote about in the novella "Coventry" (I bet it's on-line somewhere, if you haven't read it).

In that novel, the society had simplified things: it was immoral to deliberately cause someone else **harm**, be it economic or physical or property-damage.

And that was **it**. They did not recognize anything that could not be reduced to a monetary value.

So the religious bullshyt of "it will harm your *soul*" was not recognized-- such things could not be reduced to objective standards.

Do No Harm.

I think that's quite a sound basis for forming an ethical system.

What's amusing? Modern pagans/wiccians get this already: "do no harm, otherwise, do as ye will".

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7558 Apr 21, 2014
Awww geeze ... I made several grammatical errors in the above.

*sigh*

It's what I get for a failure to proof-read.

<laffin at myself>

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7559 Apr 21, 2014
OKC wrote:
<quoted text>
I read an article on this very thing a while back. Some had said that in order to get pagans to even think about christinsanity that they had to be allowed to keep some of their pagan holidays. The xians seen it as a way to blanket the pagan holidays and a way of conquest. It says a lot about a religion that doesn't even have any holidays that are worth a shite so they have to take over someone else'.
Well of course!

Think about the society we are speaking of--**no** laws protecting your average worker.

None.

They could be worked 7 days a week, dusk-to-dawn like ... animals.

And the **holidays** were about the **only** time they were **not** worked.

So of **course** they are not going to give those up.

And so of **course** the Masters of Early Christianity™ quickly fabricated "replacement" holidays that happened to fall on the **exact**same**days** as before.

Only the **names** were changed (and not always even then!)

These people were not stupid-- they **knew** they had to get the majority to go along, or they would fade away like any other deathcult.

Deathcults like Genuine Christianity™ have little to offer your average person--- all they promise is "the good stuff", but only **after** you die. Hence the term "deathcult".

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7560 Apr 21, 2014
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Worthy advice.

Alas, it's falling on deaf ears...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr replaytime 61,038
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) 9 hr Eagle 12 452
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 11 hr Subduction Zone 28,307
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 13 hr Dogen 2,628
Deconversion Mon Eagle 12 138
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) Mar 18 Eagle 12 2,043
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Mar 14 superwilly 258,490
More from around the web