'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7518 Apr 19, 2014
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone can say whatever they want as far as I'm concerned. Everyone has an opinion. You're the hypocrite lol. I tolerate you every time I come to this site....does that mean you're homosexual?
oh there you go again. Why do you always revert back to calling me a homosexual? I've never understood why gays insist on calling other straight people gay. Its ridiculous. Now, we both know you don't like Christians.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#7519 Apr 19, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>oh there you go again. Why do you always revert back to calling me a homosexual? I've never understood why gays insist on calling other straight people gay. Its ridiculous. Now, we both know you don't like Christians.
I don't dislike christians...I dislike you.

Location hidden

#7520 Apr 19, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>oh there you go again. Why do you always revert back to calling me a homosexual? I've never understood why gays insist on calling other straight people gay. Its ridiculous. Now, we both know you don't like Christians.
Oh, and have a Happy Easter!!!
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7521 Apr 19, 2014
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't dislike christians...I dislike you.
I consider that a huge compliment coming from you. You actually dislike someone on an internet msg board. Pathetic

Location hidden

#7522 Apr 19, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>I consider that a huge compliment coming from you. You actually dislike someone on an internet msg board. Pathetic
Lol...yeah imagine that

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7523 Apr 20, 2014
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and have a Happy Easter!!!
Dead Jew-on-a-stick day?

Or would it be Zombie Jewsus day?

Either one works for me.

It's a **pagan** holiday anyhow-- the BuyBull says nothing about hunting eggs, or bunny-rabbits or even chocolate.

... lol!

Personally?

I think the fact that the bible does not even MENTION chocolate?

Is pretty much proof that there are no gods behind it.

I mean... come'on... who could miss **chocolate**?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#7524 Apr 20, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
The word "tolerance" says it all. You only have to tolerate things that are obviously wrong. Kinda like how I have to tolerate you.
It's obviously wrong to me that you don't know diddly squat about the Bible but you incessantly rant against the non-religious who do.
It's obviously wrong to me that creationists intentionally and willfully broadcast disinformation and call it "Truth."
It's obviously wrong to me that tax exempt megachurches and televangelist "ministries" can and do pay their preachers millions for providing nothing more than feelgood talk-talk and rabble rousing - and then try to mandate what non-members can or cannot do in their own law abiding lives.
Do those count?

Location hidden

#7525 Apr 20, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Dead Jew-on-a-stick day?

Either one works for me.

It's a **pagan** holiday anyhow-- the BuyBull says nothing about hunting eggs, or bunny-rabbits or even chocolate.

... lol!

Personally?

No one!!! I loved my pagan holiday bunny rabbit basket of chocolate this morning!:-)
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7526 Apr 20, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's obviously wrong to me that you don't know diddly squat about the Bible but you incessantly rant against the non-religious who do.
It's obviously wrong to me that creationists intentionally and willfully broadcast disinformation and call it "Truth."
It's obviously wrong to me that tax exempt megachurches and televangelist "ministries" can and do pay their preachers millions for providing nothing more than feelgood talk-talk and rabble rousing - and then try to mandate what non-members can or cannot do in their own law abiding lives.
Do those count?
just another angry atheist.

Location hidden

#7527 Apr 20, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>just another angry atheist.
Did you have a good Easter Sunday Anti?
just wondering

Lewisburg, WV

#7528 Apr 20, 2014
you need to understand really you do ,some people have to hide behind some thing even if it is nothing GOD lol how about when some one needs help and they ask and they are told I will pray for you .. what a cop out.atheist are not angry. they see it for what it is. they are not worried about when they die .you are just dead. .and it is cheaper , no church to support. see you look at it all wrong.as for a jew on a stick.over the years many have be on a stick ,how ever whats in a persons heart is what makes that person,good or bad.but it is sad when you walk away from the very old and the very young .the old because we are all going to become old . so no matter what you think is right or wrong you should always, be kind. as for all you church going people , you need to do what you say you need to do and not worry about others,who do not want your help or care what you think

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7529 Apr 20, 2014
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
No one!!! I loved my pagan holiday bunny rabbit basket of chocolate this morning!:-)
'Zactly!

The BuyBull also fails to mention ... coffee.

Another major oversight.

In fact? The BuyBull and the equally stupid Quoran miss completely,**anything** that comes from either North, Central or South America.

Imagine that?

It's as if .... the authors had no **clue** about **anything** from the Americans even existed...

.... LOL!
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7530 Apr 20, 2014
just wondering wrote:
you need to understand really you do ,some people have to hide behind some thing even if it is nothing GOD lol how about when some one needs help and they ask and they are told I will pray for you .. what a cop out.atheist are not angry. they see it for what it is. they are not worried about when they die .you are just dead..and it is cheaper , no church to support. see you look at it all wrong.as for a jew on a stick.over the years many have be on a stick ,how ever whats in a persons heart is what makes that person,good or bad.but it is sad when you walk away from the very old and the very young .the old because we are all going to become old . so no matter what you think is right or wrong you should always, be kind. as for all you church going people , you need to do what you say you need to do and not worry about others,who do not want your help or care what you think
That made absolutely no sense
OKC

Oklahoma City, OK

#7531 Apr 20, 2014
just wondering wrote:
you need to understand really you do ,some people have to hide behind some thing even if it is nothing GOD lol how about when some one needs help and they ask and they are told I will pray for you .. what a cop out.atheist are not angry. they see it for what it is. they are not worried about when they die .you are just dead..and it is cheaper , no church to support. see you look at it all wrong.as for a jew on a stick.over the years many have be on a stick ,how ever whats in a persons heart is what makes that person,good or bad.but it is sad when you walk away from the very old and the very young .the old because we are all going to become old . so no matter what you think is right or wrong you should always, be kind. as for all you church going people , you need to do what you say you need to do and not worry about others,who do not want your help or care what you think
Man that was great. whats sad is that it never makes any sense to the people you are posting it to. Its like they are more concerned about how you live your life instead of worrying about their own.
OKC

Oklahoma City, OK

#7532 Apr 20, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I don't care about your gender preference is as long as your partner is a consenting adult. You can call that tolerance.. I call it your inclination and my indifference.
Is it an example of your "logic" that you like Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists - or even Christians saying things you don't like, hypocrite?
EXCELLENT!
OKC

Oklahoma City, OK

#7533 Apr 20, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
That made absolutely no sense
And hello AA, I hope it pisses you off that an atheist said hello!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7534 Apr 20, 2014
OKC wrote:
<quoted text>
And hello AA, I hope it pisses you off that an atheist said hello!
He gets pissed everytime he has to remember to breathe... which, for him, comes every 2 or 3 minutes, as his vision begins to dim.

Then, it hits him: "breathe, stupid! you forgot to breathe again!"

It's kinda sad, really.
OKC

Oklahoma City, OK

#7535 Apr 20, 2014
<quoted text>
I wish you the best of luck in your efforts. Your blog was very well written.
If I were your teacher, I'd give you an "A" just for braving the hateful words here and elsewhere, but that's just me.
Good luck! You're young-- you may just live long enough to make a difference.
Greetings my brother! I just looked at the blog regarding prejudice and discrimination, because the link was on your post. I hope that person is able to make a difference as well. I often wonder if being prejudice can come in different strengths. I know prejudice is an unobservable mental process but discrimination is an act. I'm starting to see more and more of the gay community at our gym and there are some things I want to bounce off of you. No matter if they are lesbians or homosexuals; they get the same hello and common courtesy as everyone else in the gym. I feel it is not my place to tell 2 consenting adults they can not find love in each others arms, but I can’t help but wonder if I am still 'prejudice'. I could never see myself being gay (and I know that no one gay is expecting me to). But there isn't anyway I could ever be physically attracted to another man. Am I being prejudice because it would gross me out? Boiled Okra grosses me out too but I don’t think I have ever been prejudice towards said 'boiled okra" Can something be gross and you not like it without being prejudice? Here is where I am different though... I am not going to tell someone else that they shalt not eat boiled okra just because I don’t.
What makes my personal preference different from prejudice?
OKC

Oklahoma City, OK

#7536 Apr 20, 2014
TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>This is ugly no who matter who it is directed to. I would not even direct this crap to you Karen.
Awe... sounds like "Slow Twat" has an alter ego. First of all I'm not Karen you dipshit. I can’t help but notice that you carry quite the torch for her though. Going to her restaurant and stalking her, what’s the matter? Is she not attracted to you "Slow Twat"? Well you can add stalker, to your other list of names like "Pedophile". You are a delusional retard and anyone on here can see its you "Slow Twat" Epic Fail on your part.
To live on "topix' seems to have a very high significance to you. It would seem that it serves as a vehicle for you to live out your sociopathic life. Oh well, if that's what it takes for you to feel like you really have the upper hand on someone. Maybe I should just quit my job, come up with a sob story that I just can’t make it in the real world, so I need to stay home and draw SSI (Like YOU). Then I could make 100s of screen names BWAAUHHHH. Bug off retard.
OKC

Oklahoma City, OK

#7538 Apr 20, 2014
<quoted text>
Dead Jew-on-a-stick day?
Either one works for me.
... lol!
Personally?
I read an article on this very thing a while back. Some had said that in order to get pagans to even think about christinsanity that they had to be allowed to keep some of their pagan holidays. The xians seen it as a way to blanket the pagan holidays and a way of conquest. It says a lot about a religion that doesn't even have any holidays that are worth a shite so they have to take over someone else'.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BILL-BORED: Get Ready For Atheists' Annual Use ... 11 min Impeach the Creep 3
Where have all the Atheists gone? (Apr '17) 1 hr Bongo 135
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 5 hr dark chocolate 3,292
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 hr lightbeamrider 83,935
News Scientist Richard Dawkins weighs in on Malaysia... 13 hr Eagle 12 - 6
High School Atheism 21 hr blacklagoon 3 41
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Wed Eagle 12 - 4,965
More from around the web