'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

So What

Newalla, OK

#7497 Apr 18, 2014
OKC wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear you changed your mind! What did you do with the diaper?
I don't know what makes you so stupid, but it really works!
I believe in respect for the dead; in fact I could only respect you if you WERE dead.
How many years did it take you to learn how to breathe?
If shit was music, you'd be an orchestra.
ding ding ding... BOOM!
Nothing personal? I wonder why that is? Could it be because I'm not a dumbass like you, and post my name all over Topix Forums?

I'll save the cheap shot for later.

Hey how was going to Del City High School for you?

Smmmmaaaaall World ain't it. LOL!
So What

Newalla, OK

#7498 Apr 18, 2014
soleil_olayy wrote:
Hi! I've made a blog discussing the ignorance of people when it comes to racism, religious tolerance, and sexual orientation. My goal is to fight the cultural ignoramuses that fuel discrimination by educating the public about the importance of diversity. I hope you guys can check it out and give me feedback!(:
Here's the link: http://eliminatingignorance2014.blogspot.com/
Sounds like the kid is here to help me, Karen.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7499 Apr 18, 2014
soleil_olayy wrote:
Hi! I've made a blog discussing the ignorance of people when it comes to racism, religious tolerance, and sexual orientation. My goal is to fight the cultural ignoramuses that fuel discrimination by educating the public about the importance of diversity. I hope you guys can check it out and give me feedback!(:
nobody cares about your liberal nonsense.
So What

Newalla, OK

#7500 Apr 18, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
nobody cares about your liberal nonsense.
Don't be hating on the kid.
So What

Newalla, OK

#7501 Apr 18, 2014
OKC wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhh <frowns> and you were beating me so badly now you have to go get more ding dongs to do your work... MANGINA!!! it stinks, its really your @ss and it isnt self cleaning!
Body Slam! Boom! Whats that a tear? Hey one question... Is your brother an only child?
LOL! Body Slam? Really? This isn't Championship Wrestling.

How did you like the Home Town Liver punch? Made your heart feel like it stopped didn't it.

Ding-Ding! End of Round 3

Just 12 more to go. Can you do it? At this point getting to the 15th is a nightmare for you I'm sure. Just think of all those people that hated you in high school.
So What

Newalla, OK

#7502 Apr 18, 2014
You still have a cheap shot coming to. It is going to HURT REAL BAD!

Look across the ring. I'm not even sitting down yet. I've been preparing for this fight for a looooong time, Karen.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#7503 Apr 18, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>nobody cares about your liberal nonsense.
Nobody cares about you and your religious nonsense. How bout you leave her alone, or take a lesson from the teenagers link. She's much smarter than you, I can tell already.
So What

Newalla, OK

#7504 Apr 18, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! Your weak. Is your corner man WarForOil stuck in traffic?
That slop bucket you call a restaurant is PERKINS, just South of I-240 on S. May Ave. across from Oklahoma City Community College.
Stick your chin out again. I liked watching spit fling out cha mouth. Come-on shake it off round 2 is about over. Don't go down now, I'm just getting warmed up.
WAIT! I've made a mistake. Sorry Karen, TAMARA wanted to make sure I got the name right for you. It seems it has been so long ago, or maybe the food was so bad that I wanted to forget it. The name of your Restaurant is PERRY'S.

Be sure to thank TAMARA for the free advertisement and sorry for the low blow, but you could have corrected me. I hope I haven't cost you anymore business than you already have.
Thinking

Wellingborough, UK

#7505 Apr 18, 2014
It's "you're".
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
so what the more you talk the more you sound like a complete idiot. Your just mad because I think homosexuality is a sin...which it is. I don't hate anyone not even these atheist morons.
Thinking

Wellingborough, UK

#7506 Apr 18, 2014
All these believers are only wanted in heaven to do the cleaning and more grovelling.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooh! Good point.
Neither would the action-reaction law-- as the god apparently causes action from nothing.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#7508 Apr 19, 2014
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
What a rare creature, a libertarian who doesn't believe in free speech, or at least not in the right of people who disagree with her to exercise free speech. People holding all sorts of views different from you have a right to express those views. Including the right to go door to door to initiate a conversation, to stand on a street corner haranguing passers by, and even, horrors, sending mail. You aren't forced to agree with them. You are not forced to engage them in conversation. Common human decency suggests that you can and ought to be polite in your declining to engage with them, although you are free to be an @ssh0le, if that is how you choose to behave.
Your ascribing your ill mannered behavior to being inspired by ancient Greeks is a calumny against the ancient Greeks. The Greeks built a remarkable civilization. Cursing out your car window at people whose views you don't like doesn't seems like the sort of behavior they would embrace.
Remember, your pal Socrates used to hang around the marketplace, engaging all comers in dialogue. Good thing you weren't there. You might have called him an @ssh0le if he tried to engage you in dialogue.
they would be wise not to trespass upon my property.
and
they do not have the right to assault me
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7509 Apr 19, 2014
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody cares about you and your religious nonsense. How bout you leave her alone, or take a lesson from the teenagers link. She's much smarter than you, I can tell already.
The only tolerance you guys are in favor of is when it involves homosexuality, etc. You certainly don't like Christians saying things you don't like. You guys are such the hypocrites.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#7510 Apr 19, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
The only tolerance you guys are in favor of is when it involves homosexuality, etc. You certainly don't like Christians saying things you don't like. You guys are such the hypocrites.
Personally, I don't care about your gender preference is as long as your partner is a consenting adult. You can call that tolerance.. I call it your inclination and my indifference.
Is it an example of your "logic" that you like Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists - or even Christians saying things you don't like, hypocrite?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7511 Apr 19, 2014
soleil_olayy wrote:
I wish you the best of luck in your efforts. Your blog was very well written.

If I were your teacher, I'd give you an "A" just for braving the hateful words here and elsewhere, but that's just me.

Good luck! You're young-- you may just live long enough to make a difference.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7512 Apr 19, 2014
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Anti is full of hate, and feels the need to hate on everyone he encounters.

It'd kinda pathetic, really.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7513 Apr 19, 2014
Thinking wrote:
All these believers are only wanted in heaven to do the cleaning and more grovelling.
<quoted text>
Without a doubt.

I also understand god needs a footstool-- but because his feet are so heavy, he must change them out frequently.

The way I figure it, he's got about a 1000 years worth of True Believers™ before he runs out....

... then? All bets are off.

<snerk>

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7514 Apr 19, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I don't care about your gender preference is as long as your partner is a consenting adult. You can call that tolerance.. I call it your inclination and my indifference.
Is it an example of your "logic" that you like Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists - or even Christians saying things you don't like, hypocrite?
Indeed.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#7515 Apr 19, 2014
OKC wrote:
<quoted text>
That bothers me? Why don't you post my real name? Why don't you post my address? All you've got is a restaurant called PERKIN"S? Spit come out my mouth? Is this really all you have got? Someone serves a crappy chicken fry? Why don't you really insult me next time, lol.
If you were twice as smart, you'd still be stupid. You're so stupid you threw a rock at the ground and missed. You are so stupid you got hit by a parked car. Whom am I calling "stupid"? I don't know, What's your name?
When you were born, God admitted that even He could make a mistake! When God was throwing intelligence down to the Earth, you were holding an umbrella. You were the answer to a prayer. Your parents prayed that the world would be made to suffer and here you came along. You were born because your mother didn't believe in abortion; now she believes in infanticide. You're so ugly, you had tinted windows on your incubator. When you were a child your mother wanted to hire someone to take care of you but the Mafia wanted too much. We heard that when you ran away from home your folks sent you a note saying, "Do not come home and all will be forgiven." They say truth is stranger than fiction. Look, your mother gave birth to you. The overwhelming power of the sex drive was demonstrated by the fact that someone was willing to father you. People can't say that you have absolutely nothing! After all, you have inferiority! People say that you are the perfect idiot. I say that you are not perfect but you are doing all right. Perhaps your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others. Slit your wrists - it will lower your blood pressure. Why not take a vacation? Go to Club-Dead. They just invented a new coffin just for you that goes over the head. It's for people who are dead from the neck up. Instead of being born again, why don't you just grow up?
This is ugly no who matter who it is directed to. I would not even direct this crap to you Karen.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7516 Apr 19, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The word "tolerance" says it all. You only have to tolerate things that are obviously wrong. Kinda like how I have to tolerate you.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#7517 Apr 19, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>The only tolerance you guys are in favor of is when it involves homosexuality, etc. You certainly don't like Christians saying things you don't like. You guys are such the hypocrites.
Anyone can say whatever they want as far as I'm concerned. Everyone has an opinion. You're the hypocrite lol. I tolerate you every time I come to this site....does that mean you're homosexual?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Your atheism isn&#x27;t going to keep your... (Apr '14) 42 min true story 16
News Hitchens, Dawkins and Harris are old news - a t... 1 hr Eagle 12 2
There are no such things as gods or fairies 1 hr Eagle 12 31
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Eagle 12 13,222
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr renee 31,152
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 3 hr Patrick 4,347
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 hr New Age Spiritual... 255,259
More from around the web