'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

OKC

Oklahoma City, OK

#7285 Apr 16, 2014
AngelAngle wrote:
<quoted text>
advocating it?
it gives you a price!
It does not speak out against it, its not in the 10 Commandments. It says it costs 50 shekels!
I would like to see AA in person, open the stupid bible and cram his face into the scripture and say "READ IT". He is a typical christard turning anything that could come to a resolution into a square dance.
So What

Newalla, OK

#7286 Apr 16, 2014
OKC wrote:
<quoted text>
Where have I denied myself to do what is right? I dont really see where your post really hads anything to do with what I posted. My point is that any christard can rob you of your lunch break, rob you from enjoying your lunch break and invade your space while you are driving appropriately.
LOL! Weren't you the one that rolled down your window? I'll bet the people be hide you were calling you the dumbass, especially the one that got cut off by the light. Try not to be so self centered next time.
OKC

Oklahoma City, OK

#7287 Apr 16, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think I'm going to be able to help you.
Just what was you planning on helping her with? Spending her money? Showing here the correct way to wear blinders? Give her a traumatic brain injury? Why don't you get it through your fat skull that no one wants any of your advice? You are the poster child for all christards!
So What

Newalla, OK

#7288 Apr 16, 2014
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
It's CONSERVATIVE-LIBERAL!!! The order is very important. Liberal-Conservatives should all be taken out and forced to watch Oprah reruns.
it's nice to see people that have come to terms with their issues.

I'm so in denial, and so bad about blaming others for my political problems that Oklahoma has taken my Right to vote in primaries away from me. I suffer from being a Moderate-Independent.
OKC

Oklahoma City, OK

#7289 Apr 16, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! Weren't you the one that rolled down your window? I'll bet the people be hide you were calling you the dumbass, especially the one that got cut off by the light. Try not to be so self centered next time.
Wow the christard has came out in you I see. I would be led to believe that the self centered would be the christard causing the problem, you can do better than that, now you sound like AA. I posted a pic of their contact info for you to help them out and didnt cause any traffic problems, so why dont you get over there and help your brothers out.
OKC

Oklahoma City, OK

#7290 Apr 16, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text>it's nice to see people that have come to terms with their issues.
I'm so in denial, and so bad about blaming others for my political problems that Oklahoma has taken my Right to vote in primaries away from me. I suffer from being a Moderate-Independent.
Why dont you talk to god about this and see what he says? Then run it by AA and see if he approves of it.
So What

Newalla, OK

#7291 Apr 16, 2014
OKC wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow the christard has came out in you I see. I would be led to believe that the self centered would be the christard causing the problem, you can do better than that, now you sound like AA. I posted a pic of their contact info for you to help them out and didnt cause any traffic problems, so why dont you get over there and help your brothers out.
LOL!

WELL! I've never been so insulted in my entire life.

Call me stupid, but I don't think he was panhandling so he could fill the offering plate at church tonight.
So What

Newalla, OK

#7292 Apr 16, 2014
OKC wrote:
<quoted text>
Why dont you talk to god about this and see what he says? Then run it by AA and see if he approves of it.
That's a good idea..........God said not to worry about it, that your more like AA than I am, and I should consider the source and go on. And I should stop thinking about a more generic version of tard towards you.

See everyone! God does exist.
OKC

Oklahoma City, OK

#7293 Apr 16, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text>LOL!
Call me stupid, but I don't think he was panhandling so he could fill the offering plate at church tonight.
Your not even making any sense. Who gives a shit what he was going to do with the money? My point is why don't he just get a job!
You seem to condone this type of behavior and the fact that I rolled my window down is equivocally as significant as
1) someone slowing traffic
2) being a bum.
Whats next? I go to the ATM and get robbed and its my fault I rolled the window down and requested my own money. You seem to have a problem understanding where ones rights end and another persons begins. Maybe your just apologetic because you are a christard. Again I don't have a problem with Christians just christards. Christains worry about their own life and christards wants to run everyone elses
So What

Newalla, OK

#7294 Apr 16, 2014
OKC wrote:
<quoted text>
Your not even making any sense. Who gives a shit what he was going to do with the money? My point is why don't he just get a job!
You seem to condone this type of behavior and the fact that I rolled my window down is equivocally as significant as
1) someone slowing traffic
2) being a bum.
Whats next? I go to the ATM and get robbed and its my fault I rolled the window down and requested my own money. You seem to have a problem understanding where ones rights end and another persons begins. Maybe your just apologetic because you are a christard. Again I don't have a problem with Christians just christards. Christains worry about their own life and christards wants to run everyone elses
LOL! He doesn't get a job because he is unemployable. He is a bum that is using religion to get people to feel sorry for him. YOU see it as a reason to hate and jump all over the opportunity. He didn't hold up traffic, YOU held up traffic by rolling down your window and spewing hate out of it. You committed ROAD RAGE. I would have been the one be hide you blowing my horn because I've got better things to do with my time than watching you be a dumbass.
Amused

Lowell, MA

#7295 Apr 16, 2014
OKC wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to see AA in person, open the stupid bible and cram his face into the scripture and say "READ IT". He is a typical christard turning anything that could come to a resolution into a square dance.
All theists, when confronted with some objectively evil portion of their holy book, invariably claim that unbelievers are incapable of discerning the "true meaning" of the passage in question. Only True Believers, using the True Believer Secret Decoder Ring (TM) are capable of seeing the innocuous "true meaning" of the passage in question. Because when their god uses a word, he does not use it in any sense that human dictionaries have ever defined that word, but only in a special "divine use only" sense of the word that magicks away the offensiveness.
OKC

Oklahoma City, OK

#7296 Apr 16, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! He doesn't get a job because he is unemployable. He is a bum that is using religion to get people to feel sorry for him. YOU see it as a reason to hate and jump all over the opportunity. He didn't hold up traffic, YOU held up traffic by rolling down your window and spewing hate out of it. You committed ROAD RAGE. I would have been the one be hide you blowing my horn because I've got better things to do with my time than watching you be a dumbass.
1) "YOU held up traffic by rolling down your window" The minute the light turned green I moved which makes your post a fallacious assumption.
2) "spewing hate out of it" another fallacious assumption on your part. The truth falls where it may and is sometimes hurtful truth is not equivocal to hate.
3) "You committed ROAD RAGE" another christard comment
4) "I would have been the one be hide you blowing my horn because I've got better things to do with my time than watching you be a dumbass."

Here's where I stoop to your level... How many children have you molested? The motive of evil is to disguise and you have chosen to hide behind religion, while at the same time gaining access to victims. You're like swaggart, All the while you rant, you're actually fighting your own temptations, inequities and repressive doctrines.

As far as you honking your horn... I honestly dont think you would ever honk your horn at me or anyone else because of your cowardice, sheepish nature. You cant even seem aggressive on a message board.
Amused

Lowell, MA

#7297 Apr 16, 2014
OKC wrote:
<quoted text>
Your not even making any sense. Who gives a shit what he was going to do with the money? My point is why don't he just get a job!
You seem to condone this type of behavior and the fact that I rolled my window down is equivocally as significant as
1) someone slowing traffic
2) being a bum.
Whats next? I go to the ATM and get robbed and its my fault I rolled the window down and requested my own money. You seem to have a problem understanding where ones rights end and another persons begins. Maybe your just apologetic because you are a christard. Again I don't have a problem with Christians just christards. Christains worry about their own life and christards wants to run everyone elses
If you aren't interested in giving panhandlers money, a simple "sorry, no" would suffice. Just shaking your head 'no' without rolling down the window also works. If the panhandler seems upset by that, why on earth would you want to engage him any further? If you give them anger, you will get anger back.

Life's too short to waste on pointless confrontations. Situations like that can escalate, when you have two angry people egging each other on. Many unfortunate incidents start out as small irritations between people that just develop like a runaway nuclear chain reaction. When the other party looks like a "crackhead" or otherwise unstable, the chances of things taking an irrational turn increase greatly.

As far as "rights" in a situation like that, a panhandler has a right to ask. You have a right to say no. Both parties should recognize that the other party is human and deserves respect.
OKC

Oklahoma City, OK

#7298 Apr 16, 2014
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
All theists, when confronted with some objectively evil portion of their holy book, invariably claim that unbelievers are incapable of discerning the "true meaning" of the passage in question. Only True Believers, using the True Believer Secret Decoder Ring (TM) are capable of seeing the innocuous "true meaning" of the passage in question. Because when their god uses a word, he does not use it in any sense that human dictionaries have ever defined that word, but only in a special "divine use only" sense of the word that magicks away the offensiveness.
Believe it or not I have noticed that the people who take the strongest stance with the bible have not even read it! I have family members like this.

I ask my family member if she thought she could show up at the gym even though she has never even been a day in her life and try to show body builders what they are doing wrong. This is the mentality of christards. They also seem to think that an atheist hasnt got a clue as to what is in the bible. They dont know that the majority of atheist used to go to church and "play" along with the insanity.
OKC

Oklahoma City, OK

#7299 Apr 16, 2014
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
All theists, when confronted with some objectively evil portion of their holy book, invariably claim that unbelievers are incapable of discerning the "true meaning" of the passage in question. Only True Believers, using the True Believer Secret Decoder Ring (TM) are capable of seeing the innocuous "true meaning" of the passage in question. Because when their god uses a word, he does not use it in any sense that human dictionaries have ever defined that word, but only in a special "divine use only" sense of the word that magicks away the offensiveness.
Did you see the scripture about someone fating and making music like a harp?
OKC

Oklahoma City, OK

#7300 Apr 16, 2014
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
If you aren't interested in giving panhandlers money, a simple "sorry, no" would suffice. Just shaking your head 'no' without rolling down the window also works. If the panhandler seems upset by that, why on earth would you want to engage him any further? If you give them anger, you will get anger back.
Life's too short to waste on pointless confrontations. Situations like that can escalate, when you have two angry people egging each other on. Many unfortunate incidents start out as small irritations between people that just develop like a runaway nuclear chain reaction. When the other party looks like a "crackhead" or otherwise unstable, the chances of things taking an irrational turn increase greatly.
As far as "rights" in a situation like that, a panhandler has a right to ask. You have a right to say no. Both parties should recognize that the other party is human and deserves respect.
Fair enough... Why do we give christards the time of day in here then? Why dont we just ignore AA and other christards? Like leaving our window up?
Why don't we just let westboro baptist church do their thing at all of these funerals, without anyone to show their sick of it? Have you personally been to a funeral that was protested by these assholes? Where do we draw a line saying this is okay and this isn't? I will draw it and see if you agree
Christians / Christards.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7301 Apr 16, 2014
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
So those verses don't mean what they say? The actual meaning is hidden and needs to be explained? What is the context? Does an earlier verse say 'Heed not what follows, it is really here to confuse people thousands of years from now."?
Okay ... makes sense when you look at it like that!
You need a Magic Decoder Ring.

Or several sharp blows to your head--such that your eyes won't focus, and you can no longer think.

An alternative to head trauma, could also be massive quantities of mind-altering substances, such as alcohol.

Once your brains are addled enough, and you cannot think much at all?

Suddenly, the Holey BuyBull makes "perfect sense".

See how easy it is?

For proof of the above? I submit Anti's posts on this very thread.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7302 Apr 16, 2014
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah anti... You are so open minded you shot down my last source for you to get info so quickly my head could have spun
Anti's seriously brain damaged.

That is why when he "reads" his bible, it makes "sense" to him.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7303 Apr 16, 2014
OKC wrote:
today I was running short on time getting to lunch. At a very busy intersection there were 'panhandlers for god' and they were seriously screwing with traffic. I saw the light turn from green to red 3 times! Ive been studying the philosophy of Seneca and trying to bear in mind that shit happens and if I get upset, its actually 'stoopid' because this nonsense is to be accepted and to let it bother you is like you act surprised. I finally made it to the traffic light and was first in line, when a crackhead asks me to roll my window down. When I do he leans into my window really close telling me how he burglarized houses and was screwed up on drugs, now he is just screwed up on Jeebus. I had enough and told him to get the f*ck away from me and my truck and ask him if he thought he would be better served by perhaps getting a job instead of asking an atheist for money in Jeebus' name. You could see the anger and he said he would pray for me but I told him that wasn't necessary because I was the one with a truck, a home and money and didnt need gawd wasting anytime on me. I had to listen to this crackhead preach to me until the light turned green. Why would I want any advice from someone who cant even function normally in society? I took a picture of his stupid paper to show you. maybe jeebus would be happy if I domnated my home, truck, TV and everything else I worked for to crackheads for christ but jeesus needs to take care of his own children.
Hey @sshole Anti-A...And homosexuals bother you? give me a break!
http://i59.tinypic.com/33y58hf.jpg
See?

To properly understand the Holey BuyBull-- it really helps if you've been on crack for years and years.

LMAO!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7304 Apr 16, 2014
OKC wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay explain how gawd got his ass kicked by iron chariots? hmmm?
Judges 1:19
King James Bible
And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.
LMAO!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 min positronium 87,365
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) Feb 17 superwilly 5,811
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Feb 14 ChristineM 4,032
Christianity almost did not happen Feb 12 Quatsch22 1
News Egypt's parliament takes serious actions to com... Feb 12 dollarsbillmom 19
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Feb 10 superwilly 5,154
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) Feb 9 Eagle 12 - 257
More from around the web