'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

OKC

Oklahoma City, OK

#7205 Apr 14, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
You may have attended a junior college but there is no way you ever attended a university much less graduated. Unless of course you enrolled in one of the online universities.
Oh well you busted me... We all know christards tell the truth. We also know that christards say the nicest things about their fellow humans; the proof is that when ever this thread started years ago, you have been dragging every Christian through the mud with you. Have you ever noticed that I call you a christard and then talk about Christians too?
For what its worth I do feel some empathy for you. It’s like you never got the attention that you feel that you so deserved and this is the only way you can get any attention. It’s like a self fulfilling prophecy in its most obvious form. Did your father abandon you when you were a child? Were you molested by someone of the church and still believe that it was all part of gods plan? If you could ever.... ever, make just the slightest bit of sense someone may take you seriously but it’s just not within your grasp.
I wrote paper years ago over sociological concepts that still blows me away to this day. When I read it, I can’t even believe I wrote it because of my Socratic ignorance that I embrace so much. Being humble isn’t as easy for you as it is for me because you can’t see your ignorance. In other words, you are ignorant and don't even know it. It’s called the Classic Dunning-Kruger. Here is an article that may bring about some self awareness.
http://arstechnica.com/science/2012/05/revisi...
One more thing AA... If you want to see what I know, unfortunately I am going to have to revisit some books and dig out some old notes. I'm going to have to go over everything to make sure I'm not acting like a christard. I can’t just open up a mythical book and shape some scripture to make a point. And since your christard evangelists get a check for telling you Walt Disney stories; I think I should be compensated so I hope you have a Pay Pal christard.
OKC

Oklahoma City, OK

#7206 Apr 14, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry if I offended anyone.
I wouldn't say that you offended me but you just made me spit diet Pepsi on the screen!

We need to alert people with a stitch alert or something! lol.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7207 Apr 14, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text> Most Universities have online courses. And in the near future it will be the norm. On campus housing isn't profitable because of increasing insurance and code restriction costs. Online courses are highly profitable because they require less faculty.
Online courses yes but an entire degree plan online? Its not the same and its much easier. Everyone today is looking for a short cut.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7208 Apr 14, 2014
OKC wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh well you busted me... We all know christards tell the truth. We also know that christards say the nicest things about their fellow humans; the proof is that when ever this thread started years ago, you have been dragging every Christian through the mud with you. Have you ever noticed that I call you a christard and then talk about Christians too?
For what its worth I do feel some empathy for you. It’s like you never got the attention that you feel that you so deserved and this is the only way you can get any attention. It’s like a self fulfilling prophecy in its most obvious form. Did your father abandon you when you were a child? Were you molested by someone of the church and still believe that it was all part of gods plan? If you could ever.... ever, make just the slightest bit of sense someone may take you seriously but it’s just not within your grasp.
I wrote paper years ago over sociological concepts that still blows me away to this day. When I read it, I can’t even believe I wrote it because of my Socratic ignorance that I embrace so much. Being humble isn’t as easy for you as it is for me because you can’t see your ignorance. In other words, you are ignorant and don't even know it. It’s called the Classic Dunning-Kruger. Here is an article that may bring about some self awareness.
One more thing AA... If you want to see what I know, unfortunately I am going to have to revisit some books and dig out some old notes. I'm going to have to go over everything to make sure I'm not acting like a christard. I can’t just open up a mythical book and shape some scripture to make a point. And since your christard evangelists get a check for telling you Walt Disney stories; I think I should be compensated so I hope you have a Pay Pal christard.
I guess its possible you were once intelligent and had some type of brain trauma that made you what you are today. Kinda sad
OKC

Oklahoma City, OK

#7209 Apr 14, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Online courses yes but an entire degree plan online? Its not the same and its much easier. Everyone today is looking for a short cut.
You almost made sense for a minute.
I studied my ass off, did homework and then test on the computer at night and weekends, while holding down a full time job and paying a mortgage. There were times I went on the weekends. I also paid for it myself without student loans. So I don't feel like I took any shortcuts.
Online or at school isn't the concern AA. It’s the quality of the professors and whether the school is a degree mill. I'm not going to mention any names of a college but a young man came to work with me and couldn't find his ass with both hands. I ask him about his degree and he told me: "I bought my degree"
There are plenty of shithead places to "buy" a degree in OKC
GET YOUR MASTERS IN ONE YEAR WITH AS LITTLE AS ONE NIGHT PER WEEK!
AA I am impressed that I even graduated, unlike you I don't know everything and struggled with school but I didn't get just a piece of paper, I got an education..
OKC

Oklahoma City, OK

#7210 Apr 14, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess its possible you were once intelligent and had some type of brain trauma that made you what you are today. Kinda sad
AA!!! but wait! I'm rubber and you're glue! so what ever you say, Well? It bounces off of me and sticks to you.

You have got sheer class my man. Let me say that I must apologize for being wrong alllllllll along. It was just that your so intelligent that I couldn't comprehend. Man I can only imagine what it would be to just live your life for one day...
Are there any sheep out your way?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7211 Apr 14, 2014
OKC wrote:
<quoted text>
I studied my ass off, did homework and then test on the computer at night and weekends, while holding down a full time job and paying a mortgage. There were times I went on the weekends. I also paid for it myself without student loans. So I don't feel like I took any shortcuts.
Online or at school isn't the concern AA. It’s the quality of the professors and whether the school is a degree mill. I'm not going to mention any names of a college but a young man came to work with me and couldn't find his ass with both hands. I ask him about his degree and he told me: "I bought my degree"
AA I am impressed that I even graduated, unlike you I don't know everything and struggled with school but I didn't get just a piece of paper, I got an education..
so you did get an online degree. Kinda figured

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#7212 Apr 14, 2014
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>They all have their charms, but Charlottesville was my favorite city. Shepherdstown was great, too, but with a population of less than 2000, it was just a small town with a large college in it. One of the storeowners in ST would clear a showroom every Thursday and host an open jam focused on Celtic and Old Time music, and I added Irish whistle and mandolin playing to my skills. There were regular contra dances and I was part of a group of Morris Dancers. The musical community was large and vibrant--all of the arts flourished there. It was by far the best place I ever lived in.
That sounds like a fantastically peaceful place to be. I've always been a fan of the Celtic music. Couldn't name anything by name though lol.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#7213 Apr 15, 2014
OKC wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen Brother! christianity is 2,000 years old and there are over 3,000 different cults! Thats less than a year per religion, let me do the math
2000/3000=0.666 strange number don't you think? is christianity the mark of the beast?
Hmmm. That would make sense ... they're pretty good at fulfilling their own prophesy. Wooooo ... spooky. That's why I don't like the thought of Born-Agains in missile silos. I wonder if they get weeded out somehow?

Texas, USA

#7214 Apr 15, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text>Episcopalians are suppose to be more tolerant of people that aren't considered traditional Christians. They have female bishops and priests, and allow homosexuals into their church. They might even accept Anti in for a week or two.
A church for the dispossessed! Inevitable I guess. Can't have all those people spending their Goodness Juju overseas. As long as they're in a Church and worshipping SOMETHING ... keeps 'em off the street!

Texas, USA

#7215 Apr 15, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
You may have attended a junior college but there is no way you ever attended a university much less graduated. Unless of course you enrolled in one of the online universities.
What difference does it make? Do the glowing symbols impinging you optic nerve and tingling your visual cortex make sense? Do they have the ring of truth about them? Or do they seem the sad bleetings of one of the 97.6%... those sheeple who have been fooled or can't seem to make up their minds? Does it matter what bit of paper they grasp or what books lay dusty upon yon shelf? In your hast to judge the people you've lost your ability to tell truth from lies.

Texas, USA

#7216 Apr 15, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text>I believe you missed the diagnosis. If WFO was narcissistic he wouldn't blog. He would think it was a waste of his time.
I believe he has an Inadequate Personality Disorder. He feel he needs to satisfy his shortcomings by pulling others down to his level with poetic insults. And he is a borderline sociopath, probably exacerbated by a foreign stimulant because he can be sadistic at times.
In layman's terms; he is a lying asshole, and judging from his posting timelines he suffers from frequent binges and hangovers.
Sorry if I offended anyone.
Don't get in his head!!!!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7217 Apr 15, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text> Most Universities have online courses. And in the near future it will be the norm. On campus housing isn't profitable because of increasing insurance and code restriction costs. Online courses are highly profitable because they require less faculty.
Anti does not actually ... do... university.

Just so you know. He thinks that Larnin' takes place entirely within his pointy little head, without a single external thought of any kind to mess it up.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7218 Apr 15, 2014
OKC wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant! And funny besides.

And yes, Anti-A is a Genuine Christofascist™, not to be confused with real people or compassionate christians like So What.

:)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7219 Apr 15, 2014
OKC wrote:
<quoted text>
See my previous post about Anti-A: he does not understand higher education.

In fact? Anti-A does not understand middle or even lower education.

This is due to the fact he has never experienced any-- or if he did? He ignored it as not being "bibley" enough.

That's the way of these people-- they cherish their willful ignorance, and they try to denigrate anyone who has actually earned an education.

It's jealousy, I suppose-- they envy anyone with working knowledge of reality.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7220 Apr 15, 2014
OKC wrote:
<quoted text>
AA!!! but wait! I'm rubber and you're glue! so what ever you say, Well? It bounces off of me and sticks to you.
You have got sheer class my man. Let me say that I must apologize for being wrong alllllllll along. It was just that your so intelligent that I couldn't comprehend. Man I can only imagine what it would be to just live your life for one day...
Are there any sheep out your way?
LMAO!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7221 Apr 15, 2014
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm. That would make sense ... they're pretty good at fulfilling their own prophesy. Wooooo ... spooky. That's why I don't like the thought of Born-Agains in missile silos. I wonder if they get weeded out somehow?
We can only hope that these nutters are not in a position to *literally* end the world.

Anyone who thinks that their mythical afterlife is superior to their present one?

Should not be trusted with sharp scissors, let alone atomic weaponry.

Of course-- 99% of the folk bragging about their supposedly superior "afterlife" are 100% chicken-hypocrites.

These are the first people to demand Someone Do Something whenever life is put at risk.

These are the ones screaming to the last second for help, anytime their own miserable lives are on the line---

--- proving to 100%, that they do not **truly** believe in their afterlife bullshyt.

Anti-A is one of the best examples of this phenomena.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7222 Apr 15, 2014
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get in his head!!!!
LMAO!

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#7223 Apr 15, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole world? Naw just 2.4% of its population.
non-believers in america at 18% are nearly an intellectual majority
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7224 Apr 15, 2014
how does it feel to be part of a crazy fringe group? I've always wondered if people know they are insane or is it just everyone else that knows.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 4 min Brian_G 13,449
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 min Chimney1 31,458
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 49 min Thinking 255,323
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 50 min Thinking 51,175
Majority of Scots now have no religion 52 min Thinking 19
News Millionaire Entrepreneur Wants to 'Make Atheism... 1 hr Cordwainer Trout 136
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 2 hr Rach 9,745
More from around the web