'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

So What

Newalla, OK

#7185 Apr 14, 2014
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, we are right on topic. Nightserf has demonstrated (once again) that you can be "good without a god" while WFO counters with another sickening display of 'botism. Onward Christian Soldiers!
He claims to be Episcopalian but bashes everyone, but at least he can be entertaining at times.
So What

Newalla, OK

#7186 Apr 14, 2014
Lol. I see Anti is up and about.

“BAS in Electrical Engineering”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#7187 Apr 14, 2014
So What wrote:
Lol. I see Anti is up and about.
Trolls don't go away. They really have nothing better to do all day.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7188 Apr 14, 2014
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, we are right on topic. Nightserf has demonstrated (once again) that you can be "good without a god" while WFO counters with another sickening display of 'botism. Onward Christian Soldiers!
Nope I mean you guys are weak mentally and its easy to get under your skin. Please, continue your obsession

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#7189 Apr 14, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope I mean you guys are weak mentally and its easy to get under your skin. Please, continue your obsession
So ... you pretty much got this old World figured out. From the Creation of the Universe to what gets under Atheist skin. It's like you're omniscient. Careful.

Texas, USA

#7190 Apr 14, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text>He claims to be Episcopalian but bashes everyone, but at least he can be entertaining at times.
That's still considered 'Christian', right? I get all the sub-cults, off-shoots and variations mixed up. Being entertaining seems to be their one unifying characteristic.

Texas, USA

#7191 Apr 14, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text>You still haven't explained how you make hundreds of thousands of dollars being an amateur stock trader, but pay no federal income tax. I know you can't be a simple tax dodger. SEC reports earnings and losses directly to IRS.
Please teach this lower level human your secret.
Personally, I would never claim to be rich on the Internet. Might as well hang a 'ATHEIST' sign around your neck and go to a JW Camp Meeting.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7192 Apr 14, 2014
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
So ... you pretty much got this old World figured out. From the Creation of the Universe to what gets under Atheist skin. It's like you're omniscient. Careful.
The whole world? Naw just 2.4% of its population.
So What

Newalla, OK

#7193 Apr 14, 2014
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
That's still considered 'Christian', right? I get all the sub-cults, off-shoots and variations mixed up. Being entertaining seems to be their one unifying characteristic.
Episcopalians are suppose to be more tolerant of people that aren't considered traditional Christians. They have female bishops and priests, and allow homosexuals into their church. They might even accept Anti in for a week or two.
So What

Newalla, OK

#7194 Apr 14, 2014
LOL! You forgot I like peanuts.
OKC

Oklahoma City, OK

#7195 Apr 14, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
I hope they keep on talking. It just solidifies the fact that they are low life losers.
Awe... taking the high road now are you? I suppose you forgot all the trash talk that you have spewed but I keep forgetting, all you have to do is say a little prayer and all is forgiven! Heck you could kill someone and all is forgiven, heck you could kill A LOT OF PEOPLE like timothy McVeigh, mutter a few little asinine things and all is forgiven. You and timothy McVeigh may be room mates in your future, lavish condo in the sky. I can see the 2 of you drinking the finest lemonade and sitting on the most plush grass, peering down into hell, laughing your ass off at the school teachers who bought supplies out of their own pocket, the coach who intervened with troubled youths, The people who bought christmas presents for needy children and all the other people who made the world a better place to live. Yeah you muttered your words and now you live in the high rise in the sky.
I'm not buying it! You suck and so do other christards who cant seem to spend time with their own.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7196 Apr 14, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text>Episcopalians are suppose to be more tolerant of people that aren't considered traditional Christians. They have female bishops and priests, and allow homosexuals into their church. They might even accept Anti in for a week or two.
Depends what you mean by "homosexuals into their church". If you mean the doors are open to anyone then I agree. If you mean that they let homos be pastors, deacons, etc. then they are dead wrong and I wouldn't care to attend that church. Its really sad how some denominations have allowed this abomination to be flaunted right in their own pulpits.
OKC

Oklahoma City, OK

#7197 Apr 14, 2014
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
Sob story common to people who haven't the intelligence
to master birth control. Or an education.
You deserve your " good weird " life.
Unfortunately you're a burden on society too.
Wow where did that come from? I can assure you after attending a University and becoming versed in psychology, sociology and philosophy that it is impossible to make that kind of a label for someone. I Would like to diagnose you with a narcissistic personality disorder or even a borderline personality disorder but a true assessment can ONLY come from a practicing 'PSYCHIATRIST', so your attempt at making any point only enforces the idea you are just poking him with a stick
OKC

Oklahoma City, OK

#7198 Apr 14, 2014
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen Brother! christianity is 2,000 years old and there are over 3,000 different cults! Thats less than a year per religion, let me do the math

2000/3000=0.666 strange number don't you think? is christianity the mark of the beast?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#7199 Apr 14, 2014
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>How so? I've always supported myself and my family, all of our children were planned, all three have advanced degrees and contribute to society,as does my ex. My support, both material and logistical made all of that possible. I continue to do useful work and contribute to the local music scene both as a musician and as a sound guy.

What is this compulsion you have to insult anyone and everyone whether you know anything about them or not? It's not a sign of good mental health.
War for Oil...(troll). I wondered if you were a musician by your picture. Sometimes people's pictures aren't really them. Did you have a favorite city that you've lived?

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#7200 Apr 14, 2014
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
War for Oil...(troll). I wondered if you were a musician by your picture. Sometimes people's pictures aren't really them. Did you have a favorite city that you've lived?
They all have their charms, but Charlottesville was my favorite city. Shepherdstown was great, too, but with a population of less than 2000, it was just a small town with a large college in it. One of the storeowners in ST would clear a showroom every Thursday and host an open jam focused on Celtic and Old Time music, and I added Irish whistle and mandolin playing to my skills. There were regular contra dances and I was part of a group of Morris Dancers. The musical community was large and vibrant--all of the arts flourished there. It was by far the best place I ever lived in.
So What

Newalla, OK

#7201 Apr 14, 2014
OKC wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow where did that come from? I can assure you after attending a University and becoming versed in psychology, sociology and philosophy that it is impossible to make that kind of a label for someone. I Would like to diagnose you with a narcissistic personality disorder or even a borderline personality disorder but a true assessment can ONLY come from a practicing 'PSYCHIATRIST', so your attempt at making any point only enforces the idea you are just poking him with a stick
I believe you missed the diagnosis. If WFO was narcissistic he wouldn't blog. He would think it was a waste of his time.

I believe he has an Inadequate Personality Disorder. He feel he needs to satisfy his shortcomings by pulling others down to his level with poetic insults. And he is a borderline sociopath, probably exacerbated by a foreign stimulant because he can be sadistic at times.

In layman's terms; he is a lying asshole, and judging from his posting timelines he suffers from frequent binges and hangovers.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7202 Apr 14, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text>Episcopalians are suppose to be more tolerant of people that aren't considered traditional Christians. They have female bishops and priests, and allow homosexuals into their church. They might even accept Anti in for a week or two.
Episcopalians also began marrying the gays-- right there in their churches too.

I have to admire them, in that at least.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7203 Apr 14, 2014
OKC wrote:
<quoted text>
You may have attended a junior college but there is no way you ever attended a university much less graduated. Unless of course you enrolled in one of the online universities.
So What

Newalla, OK

#7204 Apr 14, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
You may have attended a junior college but there is no way you ever attended a university much less graduated. Unless of course you enrolled in one of the online universities.
Most Universities have online courses. And in the near future it will be the norm. On campus housing isn't profitable because of increasing insurance and code restriction costs. Online courses are highly profitable because they require less faculty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 14 min Ronnie 34,163
News Is Atheism Just a Religion In Disguise? (Feb '08) 16 min Reason Personified 37
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Eagle 12 255,497
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 14,844
Reasoning with Insanity 5 hr Eagle 12 40
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 9 hr Eagle 12 4,463
News Why I quit atheism 9 hr Eagle 12 259
More from around the web