'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7125 Apr 11, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text>So they can be judged by a perfect Christian?
To bad they don't exist. Read your Bible.
Shhhhh! The Thunder are playing.
LOL!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7126 Apr 11, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! I could careless about someone like you judging me.
My concern is what people that I respect and that I care about think about me. I may not always say what someone wants to hear, and I might not always say the right thing, but people that know me understand that I'm not perfect and I make mistakes (like all Christians do) but I don't let pride and arrogance prevent me for apologizing if I've made a mistake, or even saying I'm sorry if I've hurt someone's feelings by telling the truth. It has nothing to do with my beliefs. It has everything to do with my reputation as a person.
I don't think you would like OUR Church because we have special seating for hypocrites. It is called the curb. Because people like you can tear the guts out of a church. OUR minister would tell you that he is very protective of his congregation and will not allow it to be subjected by your type of wraith.
Have you seen the bumper stickers that says mean people suck? He has one on his car, and he parks where everyone can see it as we walk in OUR church, it is there as a reminder that you need to be respectful of others while at OUR church.
And OUR members are very protective of OUR church, it would be irresponsible of me to tell you what church we attend. Intolerance and discrimination is not allowed.
So to answer your question about what type of church we attend, the answer would have be a church for all faiths, religions and beliefs, but a church that doesn't allow just anyone.
Peace Out!
What can I add to the above, but ... nicely written.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7127 Apr 11, 2014
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
UFO's as visiting extra-terrestrial visitors is like billions of times more likely than a lonely, Universe Creating Super Being who just wanted somebody to worship him. I mean like ... come on.
Angry? How do you even judge that by reading what people type? How do you know they're not laughing and tears running down their faces? You don't. You presume 'anger' because that is a reflection of yourself. The most important thing in your life, your life's defining role model, doesn't exist. At some level you know that. It angers you. You come here to be near other people who also know that. We make light. That angers you as well. It's okay. We're here to help.
Exactly right-- I do Topix because I get a **laugh** out of it-- most of the time, I'm grinning from ear to ear as I write.

I do like me a joke or three too.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7128 Apr 11, 2014
Electrical Engineer wrote:
Someone has issues taking jokes.
Indeed... the more serious a True Believer™ is about his ...ahem... "god"?

The less likely he has any sense of humor left.

He's had all of that nonsense drilled out of him long ago.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7129 Apr 11, 2014
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
The writers of the gospels were anonymous. They were not the apostles. They were people who supposedly wrote down accounts of the apostles which had come to them orally. Even the christian sites I showed you admit that. The gospel writers were compiling second hand and more oral accounts. Parts of Matthew and Luke were actually copies from Mark, which was the earliest. John was written over 70 years after the generally accepted lifetime of jesus. If you posit that John was a contemporary of jesus, he would have been about 100 at the time the gospel was written. John the apostle and John the Elder were two different people.
Yep.

It's a long-long line of oral tradition finally written down-- likely due to the cult finally getting someone educated enough to actually know how **to** write...
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7130 Apr 11, 2014
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
The writers of the gospels were anonymous. They were not the apostles. They were people who supposedly wrote down accounts of the apostles which had come to them orally. Even the christian sites I showed you admit that. The gospel writers were compiling second hand and more oral accounts. Parts of Matthew and Luke were actually copies from Mark, which was the earliest. John was written over 70 years after the generally accepted lifetime of jesus. If you posit that John was a contemporary of jesus, he would have been about 100 at the time the gospel was written. John the apostle and John the Elder were two different people.
amused you are so full of crap. You really aren't even worth a response.

“BAS in Electrical Engineering”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#7131 Apr 11, 2014
And yet, there it is, a response.
Amused

Lowell, MA

#7132 Apr 11, 2014
Electrical Engineer wrote:
And yet, there it is, a response.
But, you have to put it through the True Believer Secret Bible Decoder Ring (TM) to get the real meaning, which, in this case is, "Sorry Amused, I have no facts to support my position, so I got nothing except to gainsay everything you say, with no factual support." In other words, "I got nothin', Amused"
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7133 Apr 11, 2014
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
But, you have to put it through the True Believer Secret Bible Decoder Ring (TM) to get the real meaning, which, in this case is, "Sorry Amused, I have no facts to support my position, so I got nothing except to gainsay everything you say, with no factual support." In other words, "I got nothin', Amused"
amused you have no interest in the truth. You are a close minded, one sided angry atheist that hates God and Christians. You can't be helped and you will die and go straight to hell which is going to be your problem not mine. Its not like you haven't been told. Less than 100 yrs on this earth is nothing compared to where you are going to spend eternity. Feel sorry for you
Amused

Lowell, MA

#7134 Apr 11, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
amused you have no interest in the truth. You are a close minded, one sided angry atheist that hates God and Christians. You can't be helped and you will die and go straight to hell which is going to be your problem not mine. Its not like you haven't been told. Less than 100 yrs on this earth is nothing compared to where you are going to spend eternity. Feel sorry for you
IOW "still got nothing" shouted at the top of your lungs, with a gratuitous therat that your invisible friend is going to get me. I am truly... Amused.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7135 Apr 11, 2014
Oh I feel sorry for you amused. You are nothing more than an angry atheist that makes up 2.4% of t he population and must hang on online for fear of being laughed at in real life. Sad sad sad
OKC

Oklahoma City, OK

#7136 Apr 11, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Heavenly father in heaven, would you please let AA die a pleasant death and go to heaven to be with you by April 13th? If we are destined to burn in hell for eternity could we at least have some peace while on earth? I can see what a pain in the ass that AA would be to live with for eternity and I get that... but I think we have enough on our plate already from the original sin thing 6,000 years ago that involved magical fruit and a talking snake.
We ask these things in the name of all gods born of a virgin: Buddha, Krishna, Odysseus, Romulus, Heracles, Glycon, Zoroaster/Zarathustra, Attis, Horus and ______ just in case your name isn't on here. I googled gods born of a virgins and this is what i got, so if I didnt post your name, please let me know telepathically and I will post your name.

In Jefferey's name we pray,
Ramen
So What

Newalla, OK

#7137 Apr 12, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
In actuality? The word "god", according to the US Supreme Court, is devoid of any religious meaning-- even if you write it "God".
This is how they got around the "in god we trust" thing-- the Court has declared that the word "god" is pretty much meaningless.
Which is how I see it anyhow-- it's just a word.
Frequently used to express extreme disbelief, as in "Oh My God".
LOL!
Interesting. But because my time is limited it will only a factoid for me. If you could provide a link that will help me to become more informed, I would appreciate it.

I had a very young person tell he had proof that God existed once. When I asked him what his proof was, he pulled a 1$ bill out of his pocket and showed it to me, and said it says so right here.

I have always wondered what crossed his mind when he was told that the Bible says, "money is the root of all evil".
So What

Newalla, OK

#7138 Apr 12, 2014
Sorry for the grammatical errors. Short on time.

"Never argue with an idiot. Someone might be listening that doesn't know they are a idiot."
So What

Newalla, OK

#7139 Apr 12, 2014
So What wrote:
"Never argue with an idiot. Someone might be listening that doesn't know they are a idiot."
Wasn't implying anyone was an idiot on here.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7140 Apr 12, 2014
actually it says the love of money
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7141 Apr 12, 2014
So What wrote:
Does't know they are a idiot?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7142 Apr 12, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
amused you are so full of crap. You really aren't even worth a response.
And yet.... you responded.

Like a Pavlovian dog, you respond-- because you cannot help yourself.

LMAO!

*ding*
*ding*
*ding*
*ding*

and anti salivates on cue...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7143 Apr 12, 2014
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7144 Apr 12, 2014
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
IOW "still got nothing" shouted at the top of your lungs, with a gratuitous therat that your invisible friend is going to get me. I am truly... Amused.
LMAO!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr Dan78iel 3,989
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr Dogen 83,187
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 15 hr Science 2,576
High School Atheism Nov 14 Reason Personified 3
Reasoning with Insanity (Jun '16) Nov 14 Reason Personified 106
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... (May '17) Nov 6 Frindly 1,175
a prayer of salvation for those who are willing Oct 24 xfrodobagginsx 1
More from around the web