'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#7104 Apr 10, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>You think I said the apostles wrote those books during the life of Jesus? Poor reading comprehension on your part. They wrote them after His death, but the obviously walked with Him when He was on the earth. Comprende?

I gave iseeyou an answer, asked her to do the same and she couldn't do it. She simply referred me to some mumbo jumbo. Well at least I gave your an opportunity
I've answered every question you've ever asked, and I'm sorry if you want me to point you into the right direction for a thorough and clear answer....it looks as though, by your comment, you aren't interested in a clear answer, you just want to ask the question and ignore the answer. You have obviously received the answer before and have decided to consider it "mumbo jumbo", so why continue to ask the question????

Location hidden

#7105 Apr 10, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
yup Christ died and rose again. Now, you aren't able to answer my questions so just admit it and move on.
Considering that is impossible...facts would say that never happened.

Location hidden

#7106 Apr 10, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>okc you sure are one tough dude behind a computer screen. Probably a worthless looking excuse of a man in real life. Probably laugh my butt off if I saw you walking down the street. Guess that explains why you spend so much time online.
Lol....again you're talking about other people and their online habits....???..you are online yourself all the time...along with a large amount of the population I might add lol...we all know you're about the numbers ;-)
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7108 Apr 10, 2014
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering that is impossible...facts would say that never happened.
Facts? Were you there? No you weren't. Either you believe eye witness accounts or you don't. Honestly it really doesn't matter to me if you believe it or not. Your choice
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7109 Apr 10, 2014
OKC wrote:
<quoted text>
I just got home from having sex with your sister and she didn't have any complaints. I doubt that you would either, your homosexual tendencies would probably come to the surface.
If you would like to knock my teeth out, a very close friend of mine who owns a mixed martial arts gym owes me a favor. There will be no need for any police involved because they will be there as well to make sure its all in sport. There is one condition that you sign a waiver accepting responsibility for your injuries. We can invite everyone on this forum to see this as well. Just say the word and I'll post the address on this forum.
Well thats impossible because 1) I don't have a sister and 2) you never leave your house except to attend AA meetings. Do you always have friends fight your battles for you? Not capable yourself? Figures.
OKC

Oklahoma City, OK

#7110 Apr 10, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well thats impossible because 1) I don't have a sister and 2) you never leave your house except to attend AA meetings. Do you always have friends fight your battles for you? Not capable yourself? Figures.
Man you are such a christard. Your reading comprehension is terrible. I can see you now, an old man about 50 who has claimed some disability so you can draw a social security check, while living with your 80 year old mother. Most likely because you are a wack job who is mentally unstable, while the rest of us atheist pay taxes which in turn support your worthless ass as well as buy your internet service. You probably wear the same clothes for 3 or 4 days at a time and bathe maybe twice a month.I bet your hard drive is so full of children in various states of undress as you look on with a sneer. You are one sick fruitcake and your existence and others like you is proof that there is no god.... its that easy.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#7111 Apr 11, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts? Were you there? No you weren't. Either you believe eye witness accounts or you don't. Honestly it really doesn't matter to me if you believe it or not. Your choice
Since 1989 Ken Ham has frequently asked "Were you there?" when discussing the origins of life and of biological evolution, implying that knowledge of unwitnessed events requires direct observation rather than inference.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7112 Apr 11, 2014
angel you know A LOT more about Ken Ham then I do. Not only are you obsessed with God but also Ken. Its a good question though.

Dallas, TX

#7113 Apr 11, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
angel you know A LOT more about Ken Ham then I do. Not only are you obsessed with God but also Ken. Its a good question though.
I'm not the one quoting him verbatim.

Anti, I read things to be informed. I read the newspaper also, i suppose I’m obsessed with the newspaper.

speaking of obsession, you were up until 1:00 am on this forum and here you are first thing in the morning and here you are back on. Clearly you are obsessed with atheists.
Are you giving god as much of your time as you give atheists?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7114 Apr 11, 2014
again, your clock is screwed up kiddo. I was sound asleep by 11. Quoting verbatim? That was you not me.

Dallas, TX

#7115 Apr 11, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
angel you know A LOT more then I do.
well thank you, I'm not really one to brag but i appreciate it.:-)
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7116 Apr 11, 2014
you know you are in trouble when you have to resort to changing my words. Shows how dishonest you really are

“BAS in Electrical Engineering”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#7117 Apr 11, 2014
Someone has issues taking jokes.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#7118 Apr 11, 2014
Electrical Engineer wrote:
Someone has issues taking jokes.
That "someone" has issues, period.

Location hidden

#7119 Apr 11, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>Facts? Were you there? No you weren't. Either you believe eye witness accounts or you don't. Honestly it really doesn't matter to me if you believe it or not. Your choice
You are correct...it is most certainly my choice...and I choose to not believe in the rising of the dead, because it is impossible, even in today's time, without machinery.
Amused

Lowell, MA

#7120 Apr 11, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
You think I said the apostles wrote those books during the life of Jesus? Poor reading comprehension on your part. They wrote them after His death, but the obviously walked with Him when He was on the earth. Comprende?
I gave iseeyou an answer, asked her to do the same and she couldn't do it. She simply referred me to some mumbo jumbo. Well at least I gave your an opportunity
The writers of the gospels were anonymous. They were not the apostles. They were people who supposedly wrote down accounts of the apostles which had come to them orally. Even the christian sites I showed you admit that. The gospel writers were compiling second hand and more oral accounts. Parts of Matthew and Luke were actually copies from Mark, which was the earliest. John was written over 70 years after the generally accepted lifetime of jesus. If you posit that John was a contemporary of jesus, he would have been about 100 at the time the gospel was written. John the apostle and John the Elder were two different people.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7121 Apr 11, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text>Some believe there are different levels of Heaven. I haven't given it much thought, until recently.
When Anti says things like Gay Teens and Jr. High Girls without provocation, it did cross my mind that the Heaven that we are all familiar with (the one with no genitals) might be reserved for people like him.
LOL!

He is quite the little hate-filled person, isn't he?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7122 Apr 11, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text>Christians do it with a capital G. Doing so puts more emphasis in expression.
LOL!

In actuality? The word "god", according to the US Supreme Court, is devoid of any religious meaning-- even if you write it "God".

This is how they got around the "in god we trust" thing-- the Court has declared that the word "god" is pretty much meaningless.

Which is how I see it anyhow-- it's just a word.

Frequently used to express extreme disbelief, as in "Oh My God".

LOL!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7123 Apr 11, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text>It is not my place to judge, but only to attempt to help.
He has to **want** to be helped-- he seems willfully against any self-improvement here.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7124 Apr 11, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! No Christians that are gay and no Christians that say goddammit?
Are you trying to prove there are no Christians? If you are, you're doing a good job!
LOL!

Indeed-- he is a veritable poster-child for how **not** to be a Christian.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 min The Northener 40,237
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 255,901
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 15,747
A Universe from Nothing? 2 hr IB DaMann 23
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 7 hr Abe 20,578
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 8 hr IB DaMann 180
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 16 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 4,624
More from around the web