'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7553 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7058 Apr 9, 2014
ok chrom.......again......lets try to focus on what YOU believe. Thinks popping into existence from ... nothing? Ya, great belief system you have there.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#7059 Apr 9, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>You attack Christians but have no answer for the foolishness that you believe in. How can alive matter arise from dead? How did dead matter get here in the first place? How can things just pop into existence with no help? You believe the universe just happened over years and years. THIS is complete nonsense for which you have absolutely no answer. You need to look in the mirror at what YOU believe. Cinderella is more likely
You have no better an answer than anyone else. Who supposedly brought your god into existence?

Location hidden

#7060 Apr 9, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>typical atheist. All you can do is attack but you can never back up your insane ideas. You should really spend more time worrying about you than worrying about Christians. Honestly, if we are so crazy then why do you spend so much time worrying about it? You are afraid and I don't blame you.
Again...you spend as much time on this forum as everyone else, and you show yourself to worry about the topics just as much as the next guy or gal
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7061 Apr 9, 2014
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no better an answer than anyone else. Who supposedly brought your god into existence?
Wait.........you guys claim you DO have an answer yet none of you have ever been able to give it. You simply turn it around and start attacking Christians for our beliefs. You don't know how the universe and everything began. The only thing you say is that it couldn't have been God. Well how do you know this? You don't know everything right? Atheism is absurd.

Location hidden

#7062 Apr 9, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>Wait.........you guys claim you DO have an answer yet none of you have ever been able to give it. You simply turn it around and start attacking Christians for our beliefs. You don't know how the universe and everything began. The only thing you say is that it couldn't have been God. Well how do you know this? You don't know everything right? Atheism is absurd.
As I've said before, science has never claimed to have every answer, but it does however hold the most plausible answers and has shown its research and facts many times. Also, I don't care if you believe in a god, but you cannot say that you "know" that a god exists, and that he/she/it is what created the universe and everything in it.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#7063 Apr 10, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait.........you guys claim you DO have an answer yet none of you have ever been able to give it. You simply turn it around and start attacking Christians for our beliefs. You don't know how the universe and everything began. The only thing you say is that it couldn't have been God. Well how do you know this? You don't know everything right? Atheism is absurd.
How many times do we have to post links to this stuff? Duck's back got nothing on you!
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#7064 Apr 10, 2014
Atheism and the Big Bang are different subjects, you abject wazzock.
antiatheist wrote:
Thanks for helping to make my point that atheism is nothing more than a belief system and a flawed one at that. You have no proof of how the universe began other than your "big bang" theory. Well how did the big bang start and why? What was before the big bang? Where did the materials come from to start the big bang? This perfect universe all came around by pure accident? nonsense

“BAS in Electrical Engineering”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#7065 Apr 10, 2014
Everyone responding to anti, look at his responses. He completely ignores those giving answers and attacks those who question him.

Classic troll. Stop feeding it.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#7066 Apr 10, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
You attack Christians but have no answer for the foolishness that you believe in. How can alive matter arise from dead? How did dead matter get here in the first place? How can things just pop into existence with no help? You believe the universe just happened over years and years. THIS is complete nonsense for which you have absolutely no answer. You need to look in the mirror at what YOU believe. Cinderella is more likely
My favorite Antiatheists quote is:
"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH "
"attacking?" "attacking?" you have not been attacked you manchild!

we entertain your crap all the time, how bout you answer some questions?

How can man be created from dirt? DIRT!

How can a woman be created from man when its obvious that women came first.

A human egg starts out female. It is the default setting. Women came before men.

How could God create plants on the 3rd day and the sun on the 4th day.?God appears to know nothing about gardening.

GE 2:17 Adam was to die the very day that he ate the forbidden fruit.
GE 5:5 Adam lived 930 years.

GE 4:16 Cain went away (or out) from the presence of the Lord.
JE 23:23-24 A man cannot hide from God. God fills heaven and earth.

GE 11:7-9 God sows discord.
PR 6:16-19 God hates anyone who sows discord.

GE 10:5, 20, 31 There were many languages before the Tower of Babel.
GE 11:1 There was only one language before the Tower of Babel.

GE 17:1, 35:11, 1CH 29:11-12, LK 1:37 God is omnipotent. Nothing is impossible with (or for) God.
JG 1:19 Although God was with Judah, together they could not defeat the plainsmen because the latter had iron chariots.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7067 Apr 10, 2014
AngelAngle wrote:
<quoted text>
"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH "
A human egg starts out female. It is the default setting. Women came before men.
How could God create plants on the 3rd day and the sun on the 4th day.?God appears to know nothing about gardening.
GE 17:1, 35:11, 1CH 29:11-12, LK 1:37 God is omnipotent. Nothing is impossible with (or for) God.
JG 1:19 Although God was with Judah, together they could not defeat the plainsmen because the latter had iron chariots.
I see angle has been browsing her little atheist websites again. Again, you are obsessed with something you say you don't believe in. How much time have you invested in attempting to prove the bible wrong angle? Many, many hours I'm sure and you still have no results. Why don't you spend all this time researching what YOU claim to believe. You are more concerned with believers than you are with your own ideas.

Dallas, TX

#7068 Apr 10, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
I see angle has been browsing her little atheist websites again. Again, you are obsessed with something you say you don't believe in. How much time have you invested in attempting to prove the bible wrong angle? Many, many hours I'm sure and you still have no results. Why don't you spend all this time researching what YOU claim to believe. You are more concerned with believers than you are with your own ideas.
So no, your not going to answer any questions. Just dodge and try, poorly. to change the subject.
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
can't read about religion when you don't believe it? Who said that? Not I.
Ya, you guys are such "free thinkers" lol what a joke
did you forget about this again?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7069 Apr 10, 2014
you want me to answer every little question you get off your atheist websites???? Sorry charlie but I'm not wasting my time answering all that nonsense. Want me to give you a 20 question post and expect you to answer all of them? You can't and you wouldn't. Works both ways

Dallas, TX

#7070 Apr 10, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
you want me to answer every little question you get off your atheist websites???? Sorry charlie but I'm not wasting my time answering all that nonsense. Want me to give you a 20 question post and expect you to answer all of them? You can't and you wouldn't. Works both ways
ok how about just one?

Billions of people have worshiped thousands upon thousands of gods since the beginning of civilization with a great deal of them believing that theirs is the only true religion.
Primitive tribes worshiped the sun, moon stars etc. and attributed human characteristics to these "heavenly" bodies.
Civilizations that lived by the sea worshiped sea gods Poseidon etc.
If they lived by a volcano they worshiped it as a god, Pele(Hawaii)
Wind gods Boreas, god of the north wind and of winter.
Eurus, god of the unlucky east or southeast wind.
Notus, god of the south wind.
Zephyrus, god of the west wind.

So here is the question. Does it not appear that people conceive of and worship gods to help them explain something that they donít understand?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7071 Apr 10, 2014
thousands upon thousands of people witnessed Jesus. The apostles died horrible deaths because of Jesus AFTER he was killed. There are many eye witness accounts of Jesus performing miracles, etc. Its 2000 years later and people like you still hate Him and those that worship Him. Lets see, I think He predicted this correct? Now, start answering for some of your wacko ideas of how live matter can come from dead and how dead matter got here to begin with. I'll be waiting
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7072 Apr 10, 2014
oh, and Christians have just witnessed one God.

Dallas, TX

#7073 Apr 10, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
thousands upon thousands of people witnessed Jesus. The apostles died horrible deaths because of Jesus AFTER he was killed. There are many eye witness accounts of Jesus performing miracles, etc. Its 2000 years later and people like you still hate Him and those that worship Him. Lets see, I think He predicted this correct? Now, start answering for some of your wacko ideas of how live matter can come from dead and how dead matter got here to begin with. I'll be waiting
No one that wrote about Jesus lived at the time of Jesus 50 to 70 years after the fact is when the first writings appear.

As I have said before i don't hate anyone i donít hate your god ,i donít hate Santa, Easter Bunny, the chupacabra or anyone. I donít HATE. I donít even use the word unless I'm talking to you and you use it so often. i donít hate any person.

please answer the question.
does it not appear that people invent gods to explain what they donít understand or are afraid of?
OKC

Oklahoma City, OK

#7074 Apr 10, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
This is how you defend ignorance and superstition as "far superior"? The Big Bang couldn't have happened because God could and did create the Sun, moon, stars and galaxies the day >after< He created plants? Take a deep breath and calm down. You don't have to be suspicious and afraid of physics and biology. They do not offend God or Jesus (or Paul) any more than fillings offend the tooth fairy.
I don't look to mysticism and the supernatural to explain how and why when there are sustained and real answers. I do not pledge myself to a faith that feels threatened when natural answers are found.
That's was funny and great at the same time as well as being true!
OKC

Oklahoma City, OK

#7075 Apr 10, 2014
AngelAngle wrote:
<quoted text>
"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH "
If it were you and "AA" in a mixed martial arts fight, that would be equivalent to body slamming him and rendering him unconscious and yet he still talks gibberish. He ignores the truth.
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#7076 Apr 10, 2014
Bollocks.
antiatheist wrote:
oh, and Christians have just witnessed one God.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7077 Apr 10, 2014
AngelAngle wrote:
<quoted text>
No one that wrote about Jesus lived at the time of Jesus 50 to 70 years after the fact is when the first writings appear.
As I have said before i don't hate anyone i donít hate your god ,i donít hate Santa, Easter Bunny, the chupacabra or anyone. I donít HATE. I donít even use the word unless I'm talking to you and you use it so often. i donít hate any person.
please answer the question.
does it not appear that people invent gods to explain what they donít understand or are afraid of?
The men that wrote the gospels all knew Jesus personally. They left their daily lives and followed Him. They all died horrible deaths because they worshiped Jesus. These men would not have done this unless they knew He was without a doubt the messiah.

Of course men invent gods. There are thousands of false idols throughout history and continue to be. That has absolutely nothing to do with Jesus. Men do all sorts of crazy things. Now, your turn. Answer my questions

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min Uncle Sam 239,203
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr ChristineM 7,410
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr ChristineM 19,045
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 2 hr ChristineM 2,181
why Atheists believe in incest,pedophilia and b... 20 hr Thinking 31
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) Mon NoahLovesU 7,468
News Phil Robertson talks against Atheists Mon thetruth 115
More from around the web