'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#7084 Apr 10, 2014
Electrical Engineer wrote:
Everyone responding to anti, look at his responses. He completely ignores those giving answers and attacks those who question him.
Classic troll. Stop feeding it.
Every Atheist thread needs an "anti" ... pillars of obnostification against which we can sharpen our wits and hone our arguments. They actually do more FOR the 'cause' than if they had simply maintained their silence ... in deep prayer or some other inane but harmless pursuit. They're like examples of 'can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em' taken to some lower power. We are obliged to feed them just enough to survive.

“BAS in Electrical Engineering”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#7085 Apr 10, 2014
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Every Atheist thread needs an "anti" ... pillars of obnostification against which we can sharpen our wits and hone our arguments. They actually do more FOR the 'cause' than if they had simply maintained their silence ... in deep prayer or some other inane but harmless pursuit. They're like examples of 'can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em' taken to some lower power. We are obliged to feed them just enough to survive.
That is true but I just can't see how people keep responding to him. I use to but when I kept getting the same script, I stopped as it was not worth it. Now I just extend the comments people put towards him as it angers me less and I am talking to those with a brain.

Feel free to keep it going though, it is entertaining seeing him stumble so much.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#7086 Apr 10, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
The men that wrote the gospels all knew Jesus personally. They left their daily lives and followed Him. They all died horrible deaths because they worshiped Jesus. These men would not have done this unless they knew He was without a doubt the messiah.
Of course men invent gods. There are thousands of false idols throughout history and continue to be. That has absolutely nothing to do with Jesus. Men do all sorts of crazy things. Now, your turn. Answer my questions
The Gospels rarely agree. Certainly not to the level you would expect from 4 shoulder-to-shoulder eyewitnesses watching the same miraculous events unfold.

Do you think the worshippers of the "false idols" believed in them any more or less than you believe in yours? Just curious.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#7087 Apr 10, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
oh, and Christians have just witnessed one God.
technically 3
Amused

Lowell, MA

#7088 Apr 10, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
The men that wrote the gospels all knew Jesus personally. They left their daily lives and followed Him. They all died horrible deaths because they worshiped Jesus. These men would not have done this unless they knew He was without a doubt the messiah.
Of course men invent gods. There are thousands of false idols throughout history and continue to be. That has absolutely nothing to do with Jesus. Men do all sorts of crazy things. Now, your turn. Answer my questions
No, actually. The writers of the gospels were people who wrote down tales that had been handed down over the years orally. These stories were committed to writing over a hundred years after the alleged time of Jesus. Since the average life span at the time was around 50 years, the writers did not know Jesus personally.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7089 Apr 10, 2014
AngelAngle wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
<quoted text>
do you see that you are saying "I know that men invent gods all the time and they are all wrong. My God on the other hand now he's the real one."
angel I answered one of your questions. Now I expect you to explain to me how dead matter can produce live matter and where did dead matter come from to begin with? Please don't use the standard atheist response of "science hasn't discovered it yet" either.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7090 Apr 10, 2014
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
No, actually. The writers of the gospels were people who wrote down tales that had been handed down over the years orally. These stories were committed to writing over a hundred years after the alleged time of Jesus. Since the average life span at the time was around 50 years, the writers did not know Jesus personally.
lol amused you are so full of crap. You just make this stuff up right? Either that or you are copying what other atheists have made up to fit your ideas.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#7091 Apr 10, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>angel I answered one of your questions. Now I expect you to explain to me how dead matter can produce live matter and where did dead matter come from to begin with? Please don't use the standard atheist response of "science hasn't discovered it yet" either.
This question can be answered, but it would be better for you to research it on your own. That way you do not get misinformed on the subject.. It is easiest to find this information if you look into cosmology, and I have found that Neil DeGrassi Tyson explains it clearly. It has to do with the curvature of space and time. It seems complicated at first, but like I said, I have found that he explains it the clearest for me to understand.
Amused

Lowell, MA

#7092 Apr 10, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
lol amused you are so full of crap. You just make this stuff up right? Either that or you are copying what other atheists have made up to fit your ideas.
http://www.disciplesnow.com/articles/9040/ind...
http://www.evidenceforchristianity.org/gospel...

These are *christian* sites that admit that the gospels were written well after the commonly accepted dates of jesus' life. Even they admit that the gospel writers never met jesus in person.

Care to retract your claim that the gospel writers were eyewitnesses? Or would you prefer to leave the fact that you are just a liar for jesus out there?

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#7093 Apr 10, 2014
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
The Gospels rarely agree. Certainly not to the level you would expect from 4 shoulder-to-shoulder eyewitnesses watching the same miraculous events unfold.
Do you think the worshippers of the "false idols" believed in them any more or less than you believe in yours? Just curious.
And certainly not on the level of a "divinely" inspired book. When writing a manuscript for a story, authors are told to keep notes to avoid these discrepancies. One can't have Dick be the first to discover the body and say in the next chapter that is was Tom who was the first to discover the same body.
It seems that God needs a good editor for his books. Or rather, God failed to be a good editor to the countless authors who helped write the bible.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#7094 Apr 10, 2014
Everyone responding to anti, look at his responses. He completely ignores those giving answers and attacks those who question him.
Classic troll. Stop feeding it.
It looks like aa has pretty much used up all of his "good" stuff, anyway. There isn't much fun in responding to reruns of crapola and insults that were dull as dirt the first time around.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7095 Apr 10, 2014
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.disciplesnow.com/articles/9040/ind...
http://www.evidenceforchristianity.org/gospel...
These are *christian* sites that admit that the gospels were written well after the commonly accepted dates of jesus' life. Even they admit that the gospel writers never met jesus in person.
Care to retract your claim that the gospel writers were eyewitnesses? Or would you prefer to leave the fact that you are just a liar for jesus out there?
You think I said the apostles wrote those books during the life of Jesus? Poor reading comprehension on your part. They wrote them after His death, but the obviously walked with Him when He was on the earth. Comprende?

I gave iseeyou an answer, asked her to do the same and she couldn't do it. She simply referred me to some mumbo jumbo. Well at least I gave your an opportunity

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#7096 Apr 10, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
angel I answered one of your questions. Now I expect you to explain to me how dead matter can produce live matter and where did dead matter come from to begin with? Please don't use the standard atheist response of "science hasn't discovered it yet" either.
Well Anti how about this? Not really my "cup o tea" but it seems to be a pretty popular answer to that question.

1 Corinthians 15

New King James Version (NKJV)

The Risen Christ, Faith’s Reality

3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures
OKC

Oklahoma City, OK

#7097 Apr 10, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
okc its quite clear you are an ignorant individual with a lot of hate and an agenda. Its sad really
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
okc its quite clear you are an ignorant individual with a lot of hate and an agenda. Its sad really
Ahhh... here comes the spewing foul mouth christard. When you develop cognitive dissonance your reptilian behavior goes into survival mode. My agenda is the TRUTH. I don't care where it falls or who it offends.Your morals, virtues and principles are nothing more than a facade (Hypocrite) that feigns a publicly approved attitude. One could only hope you could be dealt with on an adult gentlemanly level but we all know that will never happen. you don't even have the authenticity to be an honest hypocrite as your actions are not congruent with your faith. You do however have the idiotic aggression that christards possess.
Matthew 10:34 "Don't imagine that I came to bring peace to the earth! I came not to bring peace, but a sword.
Matthew 10:35 "For I came to SET A MAN AGAINST HIS FATHER, AND A DAUGHTER AGAINST HER MOTHER, AND A DAUGHTER-IN-LAW AGAINST HER MOTHER-IN-LAW;
1) A chronicler, Radulph of Caen wrote:
Some people said that,(Christards) constrained by the lack of food, they boiled pagan adults in cooking-pots, impaled children on spits and devoured them grilled.
2) These events were also chronicled by Fulcher of Chartres, who wrote:
I shudder to tell that many of our people (christards), harassed by the madness of excessive hunger, cut pieces from the buttocks of the Saracens already dead there, which they cooked, but when it was not yet roasted enough by the fire, they devoured it with savage mouth.
3)“When lip service to some mysterious deity permits bestiality on Wednesday and absolution on Sunday, cash me out.”
&#8213; Frank Sinatra
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7098 Apr 10, 2014
yup Christ died and rose again. Now, you aren't able to answer my questions so just admit it and move on.
OKC

Oklahoma City, OK

#7099 Apr 10, 2014
<quoted text>
That is true but I just can't see how people keep responding to him. I use to but when I kept getting the same script, I stopped as it was not worth it. Now I just extend the comments people put towards him as it angers me less and I am talking to those with a brain.
Feel free to keep it going though, it is entertaining seeing him stumble so much.
I never have time for anything like this but when I found this and read some of your posts, I actually had an appreciation for the way you guys handled yourself. Then Others joined in and everyone was posting some great stuff. maybe I'm just easily impressed. Heck I'm thankful that you guys live in OK, we should all get together and have a beer. What would we do with the skunk in the mean time though?

I do have to admit, it is kind of fun to poke the skunk with a stick!
OKC

Oklahoma City, OK

#7100 Apr 10, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
yup Christ died and rose again. Now, you aren't able to answer my questions so just admit it and move on.
Christ died? Christ was 'gawd' in the flesh. If good ol'e Yahweh is capable of all the things you say he is, he was just playing possum. christ dying and rising from the dead is not nearly as impressive as a ghost raping another mans wife and then Yahweh telling Jeffrey what the deal is.

Yo' its like this. She's a virgin and I'm tapping that shit before you get a chance to! I wonder if she screamed :"OH GODDDDDD!!!!!" Did Jefferey get to watch? that would be kinky. Then just imagine having to follow somebody like god. I wonder if he ask her if gawd was bigger than him? She probably told him that gawd was bigger but he didn't know how to use it.
OKC

Oklahoma City, OK

#7101 Apr 10, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
And what was your question anyway, skunk man?
OKC

Oklahoma City, OK

#7102 Apr 10, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
The men that wrote the gospels all knew Jesus personally. They left their daily lives and followed Him.
You know for someone to stand so firm in his belief you just showed your ignorance right here. The men who left their lives to walk with jesus is about as believable as moving a mountain by just speaking it. Its a damn story. There is mention of a dragon and a unicorn in the bible too. gawd must have hid those bones so they didn't wind up in the fossil record. There is a ton of evidence that supports 'homo erectus' and you christards deny evidence.

I remember in vacation bible school about Noah's ark and the cartoon pictures of the happy, happy animals walking in the ark, 2x2 and everyone with a smile on their face.... bullshit. I guess gawd forgot to tell the Egyptians there was a movie about a flood because they carried on about their business

Anti-Atheist, I'm going to use some of your tact now... You are a retard and whats wrong with the world today.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7103 Apr 10, 2014
OKC wrote:
<quoted text>
You know for someone to stand so firm in his belief you just showed your ignorance right here. The men who left their lives to walk with jesus is about as believable as moving a mountain by just speaking it. Its a damn story. There is mention of a dragon and a unicorn in the bible too. gawd must have hid those bones so they didn't wind up in the fossil record. There is a ton of evidence that supports 'homo erectus' and you christards deny evidence.
I remember in vacation bible school about Noah's ark and the cartoon pictures of the happy, happy animals walking in the ark, 2x2 and everyone with a smile on their face.... bullshit. I guess gawd forgot to tell the Egyptians there was a movie about a flood because they carried on about their business
Anti-Atheist, I'm going to use some of your tact now... You are a retard and whats wrong with the world today.
okc you sure are one tough dude behind a computer screen. Probably a worthless looking excuse of a man in real life. Probably laugh my butt off if I saw you walking down the street. Guess that explains why you spend so much time online.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 1 hr Frindly 3,555
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 12 hr Frindly 84,105
News BILL-BORED: Get Ready For Atheists' Annual Use ... Dec 15 Eagle 12 - 9
News Scientist Richard Dawkins weighs in on Malaysia... Dec 14 Eagle 12 - 6
High School Atheism Dec 14 blacklagoon 3 41
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Dec 13 Eagle 12 - 4,965
Where have all the Atheists gone? (Apr '17) Dec 13 Eagle 12 - 132
More from around the web