'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7552 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

OKC

Oklahoma City, OK

#7039 Apr 9, 2014
AngelAngle wrote:
<quoted text> I have also told him that most atheists on here know the Bible much better than he does because we have read it, unlike himself.
That's due to the The Classic Dunning-Kruger effect.(When Ignorance Begets Confidence)

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/evolved-p...

I have (3) baptism certificates in my file cabinet. I also have a bible with my name embossed in gold. I'm also an ordained minister. I'm a few other things as wellIts unfortunate that small minded people act as if we have just never had the opportunity to learn about Jesus. I'm sometimes asked: "Have you found Jesus?" Is Jesus hiding? Why is it so hard to find him? And why do we need some Retard always being combative if we don't give in and play the charades?

Say!
I like green eggs and ham!
I do!! I like them, Sam-I-am!
And I would eat them in a boat!
And I would eat them with a goat...
And I will eat them in the rain.
And in the dark. And on a train.
And in a car. And in a tree.
They are so good so good you see!

i bet anti-atheist is just smiling now and singing right along!

Oklahoma City's own 'Windsor Hills Baptist Church' made the mistake of knocking on my door one evening and left feeling stupid and questioning their religion. The actions of "anti-atheist" is no different than any other religion, they cant debate, so they just raise their voice and talk over you and them claim victory.
OKC

Oklahoma City, OK

#7040 Apr 9, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
A 6,000 year old Earth, talking snakes and donkeys, the global flood that left no trace, fish that double as submarines, a god who talked to goatherds and sacrificed himself to himself to save you from the torture pit he built to put you in... sure, buddy. People who believe stuff like that because they read it in a 1700 year old set of sheep skins and papyrus pages aren't weak minded or ridiculous, they're "far superior."
Don't forget the faith of a mustard seed!
"Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain,'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."
According to this measurement Christians must not have very much faith if any at all. Since we are using the mustard seed and a measuring cup, why don't we ask Christians how much faith they have in percentage wise.

Hey,'anti-atheist' how strong is your faith? 100%? 80%? 60%? Remember it only takes a little to start tossing mountains around.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7041 Apr 9, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
A 6,000 year old Earth, talking snakes and donkeys, the global flood that left no trace, fish that double as submarines, a god who talked to goatherds and sacrificed himself to himself to save you from the torture pit he built to put you in... sure, buddy. People who believe stuff like that because they read it in a 1700 year old set of sheep skins and papyrus pages aren't weak minded or ridiculous, they're "far superior."
You attack Christians but have no answer for the foolishness that you believe in. How can alive matter arise from dead? How did dead matter get here in the first place? How can things just pop into existence with no help? You believe the universe just happened over years and years. THIS is complete nonsense for which you have absolutely no answer. You need to look in the mirror at what YOU believe. Cinderella is more likely

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#7042 Apr 9, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
You attack Christians but have no answer for the foolishness that you believe in. How can alive matter arise from dead? How did dead matter get here in the first place? How can things just pop into existence with no help? You believe the universe just happened over years and years. THIS is complete nonsense for which you have absolutely no answer. You need to look in the mirror at what YOU believe. Cinderella is more likely
" http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/04/... ;

Science is looking for the answer and Science will find the answer. It's just a matter of time.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#7043 Apr 9, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
How can alive matter arise from dead? How did dead matter get here in the first place? How can things just pop into existence with no help? You believe the universe just happened over years and years. THIS is complete nonsense for which you have absolutely no answer. You need to look in the mirror at what YOU believe. Cinderella is more likely
This is the story of creation.
Things rising from the dead, things "popping" into existence.

These are not our beliefs, you are on the wrong forum if you are looking for answers to creationism.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7044 Apr 9, 2014
these are not your beliefs????? Of course they are. You don't believe live matter arose from dead??? How did dead matter get here in the first place? These are your beliefs...not mine. Take responsibility for them. At least hill admits that science doesn't have an answer.
OKC

Oklahoma City, OK

#7045 Apr 9, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
these are not your beliefs????? Of course they are. You don't believe live matter arose from dead??? How did dead matter get here in the first place? These are your beliefs...not mine. Take responsibility for them. At least hill admits that science doesn't have an answer.
Boy... You didnt study very hard in high school math did you? You dont have to look very far other than PBS to answer that question. Now here is yours:

Question: Who made Yahweh?
Answer: Bronze age man who would have thought that a wheel barrow with a pneumatic tire was made by said god on 8th day if there were such a thing back then
OKC

Oklahoma City, OK

#7046 Apr 9, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
In physics, the law of conservation of energy states that the total energy of an isolated system cannot change—it is said to be conserved over time. Energy can be neither created nor destroyed, but can change form, for instance chemical energy can be converted to kinetic energy in the explosion of a stick of dynamite.

The thing is that Christians should know all the answers like the Earth being the center of the universe and the sun orbiting us.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#7047 Apr 9, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Anti, you don't get to tell other people what their beliefs are.
You spend a great deal of your time chasing your own tail and projecting a lonely existence, hateful onto others.

You have demonstrated BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT that you have no idea what you are talking about. You have been caught and called out spewing your nonsense all over this forum and when you are called out on it you change the subject, stop talking all together or call the person gay.

I look forward to you doing one or all of these after you read this post.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#7048 Apr 9, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
This is how you defend ignorance and superstition as "far superior"? The Big Bang couldn't have happened because God could and did create the Sun, moon, stars and galaxies the day >after< He created plants? Take a deep breath and calm down. You don't have to be suspicious and afraid of physics and biology. They do not offend God or Jesus (or Paul) any more than fillings offend the tooth fairy.
I don't look to mysticism and the supernatural to explain how and why when there are sustained and real answers. I do not pledge myself to a faith that feels threatened when natural answers are found.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#7049 Apr 9, 2014
OKC wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget the faith of a mustard seed!
"Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain,'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."
According to this measurement Christians must not have very much faith if any at all. Since we are using the mustard seed and a measuring cup, why don't we ask Christians how much faith they have in percentage wise.
Hey,'anti-atheist' how strong is your faith? 100%? 80%? 60%? Remember it only takes a little to start tossing mountains around.
I don't dismiss the power of positive thinking - it's how the pyramids were built. Well, that and a whole lot of sweat. I have yet to see a Christian amputee grow an arm back, no matter how much faith they've had or how devoutly they were prayed for.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7050 Apr 9, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
This is how you defend ignorance and superstition as "far superior"? The Big Bang couldn't have happened because God could and did create the Sun, moon, stars and galaxies the day >after< He created plants? Take a deep breath and calm down. You don't have to be suspicious and afraid of physics and biology. They do not offend God or Jesus (or Paul) any more than fillings offend the tooth fairy.
I don't look to mysticism and the supernatural to explain how and why when there are sustained and real answers. I do not pledge myself to a faith that feels threatened when natural answers are found.
typical atheist. All you can do is attack but you can never back up your insane ideas. You should really spend more time worrying about you than worrying about Christians. Honestly, if we are so crazy then why do you spend so much time worrying about it? You are afraid and I don't blame you.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#7051 Apr 9, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
typical atheist. All you can do is attack but you can never back up your insane ideas. You should really spend more time worrying about you than worrying about Christians. Honestly, if we are so crazy then why do you spend so much time worrying about it? You are afraid and I don't blame you.
What insane ideas? Physics, biology, paleontology, archaeology, history? Hey, bud - you're the one with the "anti" handle worrying about what I believe. I just don't like the idea of elevating stuportistion and ignorance beyond the disrespect its due. Check our stats against other developed western countries on education, infant mortality, quality of life, health, crime, etc., Make note that the most abysmal of these stats are packed into the Bible belt and then tell me that the religious right has done such a God blessed terrific job and that we need to indoctrinate more kids to carry on that torch.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7052 Apr 9, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
What insane ideas? Physics, biology, paleontology, archaeology, history? Hey, bud - you're the one with the "anti" handle worrying about what I believe. I just don't like the idea of elevating stuportistion and ignorance beyond the disrespect its due. Check our stats against other developed western countries on education, infant mortality, quality of life, health, crime, etc., Make note that the most abysmal of these stats are packed into the Bible belt and then tell me that the religious right has done such a God blessed terrific job and that we need to indoctrinate more kids to carry on that torch.
Your hate rhetoric is why most people can't stand the angry atheist. You can't simply state what you believe and leave it at that. You always attack the Christian for what they believe. I got news for ya, your ideas are wacko. You still have yet to answer how live matter can come from dead matter, how things could just happen, how it can go from nothing into what we have today, etc. The idea that it could have happened that way are trillions to one. In other words, it didn't happen. Comprende? Didn't think so

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#7053 Apr 9, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Your hate rhetoric is why most people can't stand the angry atheist. You can't simply state what you believe and leave it at that. You always attack the Christian for what they believe. I got news for ya, your ideas are wacko. You still have yet to answer how live matter can come from dead matter, how things could just happen, how it can go from nothing into what we have today, etc. The idea that it could have happened that way are trillions to one. In other words, it didn't happen. Comprende? Didn't think so
Stop projecting your hate atheists!

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#7054 Apr 9, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure those very questions were burning the minds of the bible's authors. That's why they went so in-depth on the subject!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#7055 Apr 9, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not angry. What led you to that idea - projection?
Which ideas are wacko? The statistics? Sciences? Actual knowledge of what the Bible says and its history? Who is it here who is spouting hate rhetoric? The thread topic is about atheists being charitable. That sure as heck isn't what you're here to talk about.

BTW, no one claims that life came from nothing into what we have today except for the religious who claim all creatures were created fully formed by God 6,000 years ago. 0.o You should also realize that even your "trillions to one" is a inaccurate reference to a deliberately quote mined deception being floated between the creatard sites.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7056 Apr 9, 2014
Thanks for helping to make my point that atheism is nothing more than a belief system and a flawed one at that. You have no proof of how the universe began other than your "big bang" theory. Well how did the big bang start and why? What was before the big bang? Where did the materials come from to start the big bang? This perfect universe all came around by pure accident? nonsense

“See how you are?”

Earth

#7057 Apr 9, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Thanks for helping to make my point that atheism is nothing more than a belief system and a flawed one at that. You have no proof of how the universe began other than your "big bang" theory. Well how did the big bang start and why? What was before the big bang? Where did the materials come from to start the big bang? This perfect universe all came around by pure accident? nonsense
You don't have any point. All you've got is "God did it with magic because the Bible tells me so."
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7058 Apr 9, 2014
ok chrom.......again......lets try to focus on what YOU believe. Thinks popping into existence from ... nothing? Ya, great belief system you have there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 5 min Richard 18,765
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 10 min Patrick n Angela 8,027
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 15 min ChristineM 3,062
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 25 min Richard 253,282
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 41 min Brian_G 27,246
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr GTID62 5,889
Morality is Subjective Without God 5 hr Eagle 12 48
More from around the web