'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#7003 Apr 8, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
wake up chromium. You are part of a cult. Wake up wake up
What is you definition of a cult? You keep you keep using that word, i don’t think you know what it means.
OKC

Oklahoma City, OK

#7004 Apr 8, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Playing with the judgit icons doesn't make you brilliant.
The judging icons seem to have some sort of authority for anti-atheist.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#7005 Apr 8, 2014
AngelAngle wrote:
<quoted text>
What is you definition of a cult? You keep you keep using that word, i don’t think you know what it means.
The definition was in the post he was replying to, so he hasn't had the chance to read it yet.

"A system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object."
(Oxford Dictionary)

“See how you are?”

Earth

#7006 Apr 8, 2014
OKC wrote:
<quoted text>
The judging icons seem to have some sort of authority for anti-atheist.
His own strange twist on an old saying. "If you can't do anything right, you've got to do it yourself."
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7007 Apr 8, 2014
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. We all owe them a debt of gratitude. I meant something on a larger scale, a continuation and amplification of our 'Founding Fathers' vision. A society whose foundation is reason, equality and Justice-for-All. A place where intellectualism is not a sin, individual freedom is the underlying Mantra and the belief in a supernatural is relegated to the history books.
You have had thousands of years and yet you can only muster a very small segment of the population. All of you act like this is some kinda new movement that going to take over the world. You are old news
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7008 Apr 8, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
"Copy cats" just as repeating 2+2=4. No matter how many times you hear it or how sick you are of being reminded, it is still the truth.(That's truth, not "Truth." You might have to look it up.)
Hey, have you heard this one? "Atheism is a religion like not collecting stamps is a hobby." I can repeat it a couple hundred times for you and it will still be as true as 2+2=4.
"A system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object."
Sounds like what Christians do, doesn't it? It's the definition for cult.
chrom is an atheist zombie

“See how you are?”

Earth

#7009 Apr 8, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
chrom is an atheist zombie
Clever. Did you make that up yourself or does Answers in Genesis have an insult generator?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7010 Apr 8, 2014
no I just decided to take a page from atheists and repeat what everyone else says

“See how you are?”

Earth

#7011 Apr 8, 2014
FYI aa, "Spam" is when someone inappropriately advertises a product or service. Could you at least >try< to get one thing right?

Dallas, TX

#7012 Apr 8, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
no I just decided to take a page from atheists and repeat what everyone else says
is this because you have grown tired of saying:

fringe group
obsessed
2.4%
cant read about religion when you don’t believe in it
explain how the universe began
evolution only takes place within a species
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#7013 Apr 8, 2014
AngelAngle wrote:
<quoted text>
is this because you have grown tired of saying:
fringe group
obsessed
2.4%
cant read about religion when you don’t believe in it
explain how the universe began
evolution only takes place within a species
can't read about religion when you don't believe it? Who said that? Not I.

Ya, you guys are such "free thinkers" lol what a joke

Dallas, TX

#7014 Apr 8, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
can't read about religion when you don't believe it? Who said that? Not I.
Ya, you guys are such "free thinkers" lol what a joke
antiatheist wrote:
Why would you spend a great deal of time researching something you don't believe in?
You must have forgotten saying this.
OKC

Oklahoma City, OK

#7015 Apr 8, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
You have had thousands of years and yet you can only muster a very small segment of the population. All of you act like this is some kinda new movement that going to take over the world. You are old news
Touche' Its been 2,000 years since good ole JC was around and there are reported to be approximately 41,000 Christian denominations.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christia...
Your point is moot.
DEBATE ME ANTI-ATHEIST!
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#7016 Apr 8, 2014
Anton Chiggurh wrote:
<quoted text>

Yes, both of them.
Yes, it's apparent that both of your brain cells are
deceased. That's not even slightly amusing.

You'll enjoy parties more if you don't speak.

Dallas, TX

#7017 Apr 8, 2014
OKC wrote:
<quoted text>
Touche' Its been 2,000 years since good ole JC was around and there are reported to be approximately 41,000 Christian denominations.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christia...
Your point is moot.
DEBATE ME ANTI-ATHEIST!
Lost cause man. He will not debate nor answer any questions.
I love to debate but its not worth the time messing with him.
I have had a conversation with him and I have hit my thumb with a hammer, both leave me feeling about the same.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#7018 Apr 8, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. Your cradle-to-grave indoctrination works pretty good. Face it, nobody really wants the vast majority to be doing much Critical Thinking ... or regular old thinking for that matter. Bad for business.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#7019 Apr 8, 2014
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
How original and cute.
I'll keep drinking until I too see the humor you do.
Do all my brain cells have to perish first ?
And, uh ... how will we know when that happens?

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#7020 Apr 8, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
If you look back, I think you'll see that the preceding post had shifted to the term
"nonbelievers," who make up a much larger percentage of the population than self-identified atheists do; 26% in the U.S. according to the most recent poll that I know of.

“BAS in Electrical Engineering”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#7021 Apr 8, 2014
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
If you look back, I think you'll see that the preceding post had shifted to the term
"nonbelievers," who make up a much larger percentage of the population than self-identified atheists do; 26% in the U.S. according to the most recent poll that I know of.
I would also like to note that the man made religions have been around for a very long time. Before man made the religion to answer the questions they could not answer, we used critical thought. What we are left with today are those religions that have survived the scientific era by changing their original ideals.

So technically we never had ANY time to convince these people they are simply just making a feel good story that they only partially follow. Every religion, if followed by the books, would result in wars against everyone else.

“BAS in Electrical Engineering”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#7022 Apr 8, 2014
Sorry, 'wars' means crusades...in this context.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns (Sep '14) 1 hr Reason Personified 340
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 2 hr thetruth 3,821
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr thetruth 18,451
News Hitchens, Dawkins and Harris are old news - a t... 2 hr thetruth 55
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) 2 hr thetruth 793
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 3 hr thetruth 9,358
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 3 hr thetruth 81
A Universe from Nothing? 3 hr thetruth 419
News Why I quit atheism 3 hr Thinking 679
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 hr Chimney1 43,083
More from around the web