'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#6922 Apr 3, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
awww I'm sorry did I ruin your little forum? Give me a break. You guys insult Christians on a daily basis because you are OBSESSED.

We will all eventually be judged. You will not be exempt regardless if you believe or not.
You insult us on a daily basis. Do you expect kindness in return for your shitty attitude?

Location hidden

#6923 Apr 3, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Crying about the big, bad bully Christians. Man up engineer
Lmao! You are nowhere near a bully. Your attempts at insults always come down to you speaking baby talk. If you were a man, you'd know how to have a conversation without getting your "wittle feewings" hurt and throwing little small tantrums about how atheists don't let you celebrate Christmas. You are one of the biggest whiners. I laughed so hard when you said you stand up for god!!!! I remember reading several times, you stating, that you were simply here to insult and "make fun" of atheists. Which you try, but it always comes out sounding like you learned to insult and make fun of people from a middle school child. You are more of an annoyance to this page than a leader for your religion.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6924 Apr 3, 2014
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Never mind anti...as usual you ignore what I'm saying and go straight for making your attempt to argue. If you want to start asking ignorant questions again...who is mandating that you don't believe in god???
Calm down you are going crazy. You said you were mandated. Well who mandated you to believe in God? Nobody.

Location hidden

#6925 Apr 3, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>Calm down you are going crazy. You said you were mandated. Well who mandated you to believe in God? Nobody.

I am perfectly calm anti. Despite your hopes that you can stir some sort of emotional rampage ;-). Who mandated that you couldn't?

Location hidden

#6926 Apr 3, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>Calm down you are going crazy. You said you were mandated. Well who mandated you to believe in God? Nobody.
You would like for it to be mandated...would you not? You fight for prayer to be in public school...do you not. You fight for the bible to be a leading factor in our government...do you not?

“BAS in Electrical Engineering”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#6927 Apr 3, 2014
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
I am perfectly calm anti. Despite your hopes that you can stir some sort of emotional rampage ;-). Who mandated that you couldn't?
anti is quite the troll. Sticking to his guns of being useless.

Location hidden

#6928 Apr 3, 2014
Electrical Engineer wrote:
<quoted text>anti is quite the troll. Sticking to his guns of being useless.
You are very correct.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#6929 Apr 3, 2014
Electrical Engineer wrote:
<quoted text>
You are really bad at reading if you think that was crying. Do you even know what hurting someone's feelings mean? Are you 5?
Why would anyone expect antiatheist tp read any better than her writes?

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#6930 Apr 3, 2014
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
You insult us on a daily basis. Do you expect kindness in return for your shitty attitude?
Antiatheist obviously does this for his own entertainment. It's fun to post insults and provocations and then watch to see how long our reactions will keep is spinning like a dog chasing its tail. Of course, some of us are here for similar, if more honest reasons. I look for ideas to think and write about. Trolls are interesting, not as individuals, but as a phenomenon, and those motivated by religious outrage make for a fascinating study in cult psychology. They're what you see when you turn over the rock of religious obsession.

Location hidden

#6931 Apr 3, 2014
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>Antiatheist obviously does this for his own entertainment. It's fun to post insults and provocations and then watch to see how long our reactions will keep is spinning like a dog chasing its tail. Of course, some of us are here for similar, if more honest reasons. I look for ideas to think and write about. Trolls are interesting, not as individuals, but as a phenomenon, and those motivated by religious outrage make for a fascinating study in cult psychology. They're what you see when you turn over the rock of religious obsession.
Agreed
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6932 Apr 3, 2014
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
You would like for it to be mandated...would you not? You fight for prayer to be in public school...do you not. You fight for the bible to be a leading factor in our government...do you not?
I would like for it to be mandated that everyone believe in God? Ha..of course not. God doesn't even make you believe. Do I fight for prayer in schools and in government? Nope can't say I've ever fought for that. Do I think it would be a good thing for our country if we prayed in school and in government? Of course it would be.

Location hidden

#6933 Apr 3, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>I would like for it to be mandated that everyone believe in God? Ha..of course not. God doesn't even make you believe. Do I fight for prayer in schools and in government? Nope can't say I've ever fought for that. Do I think it would be a good thing for our country if we prayed in school and in government? Of course it would be.
Thank you for your honest answer and your use of the reply button. If this is how you truly feel then we should have no reason to argue

Location hidden

#6934 Apr 3, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>I would like for it to be mandated that everyone believe in God? Ha..of course not. God doesn't even make you believe. Do I fight for prayer in schools and in government? Nope can't say I've ever fought for that. Do I think it would be a good thing for our country if we prayed in school and in government? Of course it would be.
The good thing for you is, everyone is allowed to pray anytime they want, wherever they want.
Atheist Silurist

Ammanford, UK

#6935 Apr 3, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like for it to be mandated that everyone believe in God? Ha..of course not. God doesn't even make you believe. Do I fight for prayer in schools and in government? Nope can't say I've ever fought for that. Do I think it would be a good thing for our country if we prayed in school and in government? Of course it would be.
When I was in school religious assembly and prayer was mandatory,except for Jehovah witness kids.Don't know why,I had to attend and I never believed the crap.
It didn't instill a sense of religiosity in the kids. in most it increased the feeling of contempt,and in my case,loathing. Every school day we had to stand and listen to the rambling of some religious fruitcake that the decrepit book he read from was the be all and end all.
Religious assembly was enough to put kids off religion for life,It certainly reinforced my non belief. If religious assembly and prayer can do that,I'm all for it.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6936 Apr 3, 2014
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
When I was in school religious assembly and prayer was mandatory,except for Jehovah witness kids.Don't know why,I had to attend and I never believed the crap.
It didn't instill a sense of religiosity in the kids. in most it increased the feeling of contempt,and in my case,loathing. Every school day we had to stand and listen to the rambling of some religious fruitcake that the decrepit book he read from was the be all and end all.
Religious assembly was enough to put kids off religion for life,It certainly reinforced my non belief. If religious assembly and prayer can do that,I'm all for it.
It sounds like you have some personal issues much deeper than religion.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#6937 Apr 3, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you truly think that prayer really works?
RHill

Houston, TX

#6938 Apr 4, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
you have GOT to be kidding me. You honestly think you are going to be bullied or beat up for saying you are an atheist??????? Wow talk about paranoia. People might think you are a little strange but you aren't going to get beat up.
An atheist comparing himself to what slaves went through?????? Man this is some funny stuff you are writing engineer. Honestly, are you laughing as you type it?
I always figured that if I just stood up and 'confessed' during church that it would probably initiate a prayer EXPLOSION that, well ... wouldn't do much of anything. A fart in a breeze would have more of an impact. They were trying really hard to save my soul when they thought I thought I had one. What would they do? Double their efforts? Treble them!?!? I couldn't think of anything GOOD to come from such a confession. Better to go quietly. Just sort of fade away. The real impact is at home. I've apparently doomed my (raised Catholic) wife to a lifetime of misery and an eternity in the firey pits. My children and grandchildren ... all doomed.
Actually, they seem okay to me. My policy was/is to answer honestly and encourage them to examine both sides. As for me ... no ask, no tell. My 'bot friend that died' was literally the only flesh & blood, in person, human that I 'opened up' to about my atheism. We had many interesting talks. He went to a 'charismatic' faith healings weirdo church. They never managed to fix his back. Kind of ironic. He's gone, I'm still here. The only thing I can discern about God from this is that He must be an ungrateful basterd.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#6939 Apr 4, 2014
Smart-phone Topix mobile interface sux. Not sure why it thought I wasn't logged in. But yes, gentle readers, that was truly me above ... in the cyber-flesh.

Texas, USA

#6940 Apr 4, 2014
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You make an interesting point. They are truly their own worst enemy.

Texas, USA

#6941 Apr 4, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds like you have some personal issues much deeper than religion.
What could be "deeper than religion" to you? It's interesting that you think such issues could exist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Universe from Nothing? 10 min u196533dm 53
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 26 min replaytime 40,434
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 42 min Aura Mytha 15,963
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 1 hr IB DaMann 215
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr ChristineM 255,959
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 3 hr Thinking 4,656
News Why I quit atheism 3 hr Nooooo 391
More from around the web