'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#6842 Apr 2, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text>Prove it.
God is your extraordinary claim. What is your extraordinary evidence?
So What

Newalla, OK

#6843 Apr 2, 2014
Tea Partier wrote:
<quoted text>Going to Girl Scout camp to be bossed around by a bunch of women?
Can't you just stay at home?
Or is the one not enough for you?
My other has figured out that bossing makes me more unproductive.

Reverse psychology tactics like kindness and respect are now tried.
So What

Newalla, OK

#6844 Apr 2, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
God is your extraordinary claim. What is your extraordinary evidence?
Don't have any that would satisfy your needs.

I have only enough to satisfy mine. Sorry if I disappointed you.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#6845 Apr 2, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text>Don't have any that would satisfy your needs.
I have only enough to satisfy mine. Sorry if I disappointed you.
I'm not disappointed. As expected, you have enough "proof" to uphold your feelings, but no confirmation to fit your "Truth" - yet you still call for evidence that you would likely reject from others.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#6846 Apr 2, 2014
Tea Partier wrote:
<quoted text>Going to Girl Scout camp to be bossed around by a bunch of women?
Can't you just stay at home?
Or is the one not enough for you?
I volunteer in the horse arena 4 weekends a year. I raised two daughters. I've got femininity oozing outta my over enlarged pores. More than enough, thank you very much.
So What

Newalla, OK

#6847 Apr 2, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not disappointed. As expected, you have enough "proof" to uphold your feelings, but no confirmation to fit your "Truth" - yet you still call for evidence that you would likely reject from others.
Hey! Looks like something I could have stated.

Funny how that works.

“BAS in Electrical Engineering”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#6848 Apr 2, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
That's possibly because some religious people would like to know how atheists don't believe in a god. I know I am fascinated that they can believe in one so typically I ask why or how, just as So What did here.

I am glad So What is taking the road he is though. Simply states his proof is his own and not some truth that every one needs to follow. Good to see.

Texas, USA

#6849 Apr 2, 2014
Perhaps I do tend to over-compensate, but then, life is all about BALANCE.

Texas, USA

#6850 Apr 2, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text>My other has figured out that bossing makes me more unproductive.
Reverse psychology tactics like kindness and respect are now tried.
Horse Camp is all about teaching little girls that they can control powerful forces. I'm a big fan of the program. All the women there are brilliant and successful. It's all good. My daughter and I have been going since 2005.
So What

Newalla, OK

#6851 Apr 2, 2014
Electrical Engineer wrote:
<quoted text>
That's possibly because some religious people would like to know how atheists don't believe in a god. I know I am fascinated that they can believe in one so typically I ask why or how, just as So What did here.
I am glad So What is taking the road he is though. Simply states his proof is his own and not some truth that every one needs to follow. Good to see.
It's nice to see we can agree to disagree without trying to insult each other.

I'm not here to convert anyone, but if I was, it would be pointless to insult someone, or to give the impression that I'm better than you, because I'm a believer and you're are not.

I stopped by because I saw this forum getting a lot of hits, and was curious. When I first visited I saw someone proclaiming to be a Christian, but in MY opinion not acting like it.

I feel it is my duty as a Christian to try and stop such conduct. It doesn't help God's cause.

But I have found I like the company. There is not a lot of hatred and intolerance (unless provoked) and even then, it doesn't get real ugly.

antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6852 Apr 2, 2014
I talk about it because I believe in God. You don't believe in God yet you continue to obsess over Him and Christians. Atheists spend hours on end talking about a subject they claim is unimportant to them which is extremely odd. You don't see me starting topics about UFO's
So What

Newalla, OK

#6853 Apr 2, 2014
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Horse Camp is all about teaching little girls that they can control powerful forces. I'm a big fan of the program. All the women there are brilliant and successful. It's all good. My daughter and I have been going since 2005.
Really? It sounds more to me like it is about great memories that a daughter is going to have about her father when he is no longer around.

You can be selfish, without being self-centered. What does Naked Ape have to say about that?

Location hidden

#6854 Apr 2, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
I talk about it because I believe in God. You don't believe in God yet you continue to obsess over Him and Christians. Atheists spend hours on end talking about a subject they claim is unimportant to them which is extremely odd. You don't see me starting topics about UFO's
False, we talk about whatever there is to talk about. On this site there are a lot of believers that continue to want to argue, hence we talk about god. If you guys would get out of this forum, we would talk about science most likely. However when religious people come in here and start spewing their usual crap, we spew back.

This is how conversation works though. If you didn't know. I have been to other atheist sites and the typical posts are new science information, not new ways to hate god/religion.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6855 Apr 2, 2014
ummm are you aware that the title of this topic is "good without a god"? Your whole life revolves around a God you say you don't believe in.

Location hidden

#6856 Apr 2, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
ummm are you aware that the title of this topic is "good without a god"? Your whole life revolves around a God you say you don't believe in.
I'll say it again, IN THIS FORUM that's the general topic. It is not the case in the real world. Most atheists don't go about spouting their disbelief.

Plus, if you people weren't here trying to spread religion it would probably be posted less.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#6857 Apr 2, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text>Hey! Looks like something I could have stated.
Funny how that works.
For what it's worth,
I don't (necessarily) take exception to people who feel they have a personal relationship to a spirituality, I take exception to those who insist their own religious feelings must be everyone else's literal reality. With the complete absence of "proof" of an Easter Bunny ever having existed, I have to go with the conclusion that no Easter Bunny exists no matter how strongly someone else FEELS about it.

Texas, USA

#6858 Apr 2, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text>Really? It sounds more to me like it is about great memories that a daughter is going to have about her father when he is no longer around.
You can be selfish, without being self-centered. What does Naked Ape have to say about that?
That Orangutans can display essentially the same behavior.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#6859 Apr 2, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
It would be more productive if you quit talking about what you believe in and did start a thread on UFOs... at least people have seen those.
If you were paying attention, you'd have noticed that you spend hours talking about atheists while the atheists are replying to the myriad of points Christians have gotten wrong.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6860 Apr 2, 2014
chromium Jesus could come down right now, look you in the eyes, and you still wouldn't believe. You think the universe arose from nothing without any help yet you have no evidence of that do you? hmmm? Of course you don't. Now stop wasting my time kid
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6861 Apr 2, 2014
Electrical Engineer wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll say it again, IN THIS FORUM that's the general topic. It is not the case in the real world. Most atheists don't go about spouting their disbelief.
Plus, if you people weren't here trying to spread religion it would probably be posted less.
No, they just like to bring ignorant court cases about praying at graduation and 10 commandment monuments. Like I said earlier, just keep on doing those things because it solidifies your position as a crazy, fringe group.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 1 min Dogen 2,720
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 min Science 61,572
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 9 hr Aura Mytha 28,325
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) Mar 24 IB DaMann 5,970
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) Mar 22 Eagle 12 452
Deconversion Mar 20 Eagle 12 138
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) Mar 18 Eagle 12 2,043
More from around the web