'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

So What

Newalla, OK

#6821 Apr 1, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Its okay so what I knew you couldn't answer the question. Ive never met a Christian that wouldn't stand up for Gods word.
LOL! You should teach me a lesson, and become an atheist.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6822 Apr 1, 2014
There is honestly not all that much difference between you and atheists. I really can't tell the difference.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#6823 Apr 1, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe God doesn't have to ask, maybe you're already doing what God wants you to do.
You now have proof that God loves you. Your Dr. won't putting his mitts in your urinary tract when examining your prostate.
God doesn't exist.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6824 Apr 1, 2014
Hill you really believe that then please go on with life and stop obsessing about it. You are infatuated with a God you say doesn't exist. Doesn't make sense
Amused

Lowell, MA

#6825 Apr 1, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text>Was this post the end of your "early morning pee posts"? Have you ever though you may have an enlarged prostate?
Some people say God works in mysterious ways. Maybe God is using your prostate as a tool to get people to talk about him, because you seem to spend a lot more time than necessary for the "simple biological imperative" act of peeing.
Have you ever thought about talking to your Dr. about your problem? Maybe some "divine intervention" can help prevent you from doing what you don't realize your doing. Spreading the word of God!
Hopefully my sarcastic humor didn't expose some "thin skin". I didn't think you were human enough to jump to the wrong conclusion.
The location of the prostate surrounding the male urethra is complete proof of the absence of intelligent design.

Texas, USA

#6827 Apr 1, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Hill you really believe that then please go on with life and stop obsessing about it. You are infatuated with a God you say doesn't exist. Doesn't make sense
Atheist on Atheist Forum makes sense. Bot on Atheist Forum does not make sense.

Actually, I enjoy arguing with you religious folk. Not enough to visit Christian forums. There's no need. Y'all come here, like sheep to the slaughter. Makes no sense.

You the one worships this 'being'. Worship = infatuation ... the World is not a mirror. Everything is not a reflection of you.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6828 Apr 1, 2014
Have you not realized how much you and others talk about Christians and God?? Its odd to say the least.
giveupscum

London, UK

#6829 Apr 1, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
so what I don't understand why you are trying to make God fit your ideas of creation when He has already told you how He created everything. Do you not believe Him?
God isn't real.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6830 Apr 1, 2014
just keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better
So What

Newalla, OK

#6831 Apr 1, 2014
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
The location of the prostate surrounding the male urethra is complete proof of the absence of intelligent design.
I'm not a creation style Christian, I believe God is creating through evolution. Maybe in 10,000 yrs. the prostate will go the way that the appendix is.

Since we are still evolving wouldn't it be senseless of me to believe in "intelligent design"?

When referring to man, isn't intelligent design an oxymoron?

I just noticed a picture of James Inhofe on this web page. I wonder if it is a message from God about this topic?
So What

Newalla, OK

#6832 Apr 1, 2014
giveupscum wrote:
<quoted text>
God isn't real.
Prove it.
Third Blues Brother

Newalla, OK

#6833 Apr 1, 2014
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist on Atheist Forum makes sense. Bot on Atheist Forum does not make sense.
Actually, I enjoy arguing with you religious folk. Not enough to visit Christian forums. There's no need. Y'all come here, like sheep to the slaughter. Makes no sense.
You the one worships this 'being'. Worship = infatuation ... the World is not a mirror. Everything is not a reflection of you.
I'm on a mission from God.

To rid this forum of believers. I will leave when I have fulfilled my mission.

Texas, USA

#6834 Apr 1, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Have you not realized how much you and others talk about Christians and God?? Its odd to say the least.
It's all YOU talk about. I'll discuss any subject. Some of my other obsessions include (but are not limited to) motorcycles, camping, horses, aviation (particularly WW2 era 'Warbirds'), firearms, science in general, my family ... I could go on. On Atheist threads, God, gods, Christians, religion, etc. are the main topic. That's why they call them "threads". The participants and their comments weave a sort of conversational tapestry. Like it or not 'religion', in one form or another, is something virtually all Humans have some experience with. We are all 'qualified' to comment. Topix has thousands of forums involving practically any subject under the Sun. Few gather natural antagonists like the religious subjects. Most enthusiasts tend to agree ... not so here.
Third Blues Brother

Newalla, OK

#6835 Apr 1, 2014
Looks like I need to get Busy.

Third Blues Brother

Newalla, OK

#6836 Apr 1, 2014
LOL! Looks like my friend, Fred had a special message for Anti.
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#6837 Apr 2, 2014
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>

God doesn't exist

Some of my other obsessions include
motorcycles,
camping,
horses,
aviation (particularly WW2 era 'Warbirds'),
firearms,
science in general,
my family ... I could go on.
You are a cultural icon for sure, for sure.
Are you interested in anything that doesn't
compensate for penile inadequacy.

Boosting that you're a philosopher clearly fits your
character. Why don't you just say yours is bigger.
So What

Newalla, OK

#6838 Apr 2, 2014
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you just say yours is bigger.
Da! Because that would make him dishonest.

Don't worry Rhill, I'm not taking up for you because I'm trying to convert you.

Texas, USA

#6839 Apr 2, 2014
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a cultural icon for sure, for sure.
Are you interested in anything that doesn't
compensate for penile inadequacy.
Boosting that you're a philosopher clearly fits your
character. Why don't you just say yours is bigger.
Hmmmm. I like classical music. I "boosted" my blue collar status in our classless society. My penile tissues produced a couple kids. I'm going to Girl Scout camp this weekend to be bossed around by a bunch of women. What more do you want? We are all philosophers who muse about our origins. Pick on somebody your own size WarForStupidity ... I'm sure there's a nest of CrAzy Antz in your area.
Tea Partier

Newalla, OK

#6840 Apr 2, 2014
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmm. I like classical music. I "boosted" my blue collar status in our classless society. My penile tissues produced a couple kids. I'm going to Girl Scout camp this weekend to be bossed around by a bunch of women. What more do you want? We are all philosophers who muse about our origins. Pick on somebody your own size WarForStupidity ... I'm sure there's a nest of CrAzy Antz in your area.
Going to Girl Scout camp to be bossed around by a bunch of women?

Can't you just stay at home?

Or is the one not enough for you?
So What

Newalla, OK

#6841 Apr 2, 2014
Sorry about the Tea Partier tag. I was using to harass a racist that happens to be Tea Party on another forum.

Not saying all Tea Partiers are racist, but the one I was harassing is. He is very good buddies with -The Artist-.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 44 min Endofdays 93,421
News Scientific, Philosophical Case for God's Existe... Mon blacklagoon 3 89
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) Mon superwilly 6,056
News American Atheists terminates its president over... Apr 20 Eagle 12 - 19
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Apr 14 blacklagoon 3 4,141
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Apr 14 Into The Night 258,515
News The Anti-Christian Movement Apr 10 blacklagoon 3 11