'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6700 Mar 29, 2014
by comparison, 48% of the population believes in UFO's. I don't even know if atheists could qualify as a fringe group.
Thinking

Wellingborough, UK

#6701 Mar 29, 2014
UFOs is not a possessive, religitard,

In the UK, over half of young adults do not believe in god. You're dying out.
antiatheist wrote:
by comparison, 48% of the population believes in UFO's. I don't even know if atheists could qualify as a fringe group.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#6702 Mar 29, 2014
We've already offered much else that you might need to say.
antiatheist wrote:
2.4%. Need I say more
You might add that, even according to Pew which seems to offer one of the lowest estimates....
"More Americans say they do not believe in God or a universal spirit (7%) than say they are atheists (2.4%)."
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2013/10/...
Some who claim to be atheists in polls believe in a god or universal spirit and some who profess to be religionists profess no such belief.

Or you can just blithely say that atheists are 7 million and 2.4%(in the absurdly religious USA) and close your mind against the all other info and evidence -(like a good religionist, perhaps?)

Religion = superstition
It's divisive and outdated.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#6703 Mar 29, 2014
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
.... It's a passing thing. Like if I didn't have to get up in the middle of the night to pee ... I'd probably never give you [god]bots a thought....
Lol!
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6704 Mar 29, 2014
ha.........okay I'll go ahead and be very generous and give you a whopping 7%. Thats still pathetic. There are probably at least 7% of the population that believes they were abducted by aliens.

Its so funny that all atheists do is cry about "evidence" and "facts" yet when confronted with the inconvenient facts they have trouble accepting them. Atheism must be a very strong cult.
Richardfs

Merrylands, Australia

#6705 Mar 29, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
ha.........okay I'll go ahead and be very generous and give you a whopping 7%. Thats still pathetic. There are probably at least 7% of the population that believes they were abducted by aliens.
Its so funny that all atheists do is cry about "evidence" and "facts" yet when confronted with the inconvenient facts they have trouble accepting them. Atheism must be a very strong cult.
There are about 38,000 versions of christianity that means on average each sect represents 0.002631579% of the overall population. I think you find that 2.3% is some what larger.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6706 Mar 29, 2014
oh richard what a desperate attempt on your part. I guess the truth must really hurt
Richardfs

Merrylands, Australia

#6707 Mar 29, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
oh richard what a desperate attempt on your part. I guess the truth must really hurt
The facts are the facts, you godbots can't even decide which version of the bibull is true let alone god.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6708 Mar 29, 2014
come on now richard lets try to stay focused on the fact that atheists are a fringe group that nobody takes seriously. Let go of the old atheist lingo that every single one of you like to parrot......bibull, godbot, bigot, I could go on and on.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#6709 Mar 29, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
come on now richard lets try to stay focused on the fact that atheists are a fringe group that nobody takes seriously. Let go of the old atheist lingo that every single one of you like to parrot......bibull, godbot, bigot, I could go on and on.
Your opinion is only your opinion. Facts are facts whether you like them or not. So how many of your "ever so popular", "utterly huge", "fantastically large", christian groups do you actually consider to be christian?
So What

Newalla, OK

#6710 Mar 29, 2014
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Good advice!
Thanks!!
Think I will ...
I find it interesting that people lump a large faction of people into the same mold. It doesn't seem to matter about beliefs, sex, sexual orientation, race, geographic location or economic position. Once someone categorizes someone else into a faction, they have issues with, they are no different than anyone else within that category.

And people wonder why there is so much hate in the world, while they are pushing an intolerance agenda.

I find it odd that you would offer no resistance to WarForOil's insults, and chose to try and insult someone that has only has offered reasonable debate.

And, have no problem claiming that you can't understand why Anti and I are different because we both claim to be Christian and live in the same state, like individualism has no place in your train of thought.

Please trust me when I say I am sorry that at some point in your life someone has hurt you. I have had the same issues with self-proclaimed Christians in my past also.

There is one thing you should remember; consider the source and go on, don't allow them the satisfaction of pulling you down to their level. Mean people suck.

Peace Out!

“Putten the SIN ”

Since: Nov 08

back in Wisconsin

#6711 Mar 29, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Atheism is growing and that's a good thing. While it may be a small percentage at this time what do you expect? People still believe erroneous things for really bad reasons. Look at Francis Collins, He saw an ice flow with three pillars and it made him believe in the trinity. Look at how many people still believe in astrology??

If Atheism is at 7% and growing that's good. If it was less then that would be a VERY big concern. The Atheism movement is about critical thinking, education and humanitarianism. THATS GREAT!!!
antiatheist wrote:
Its so funny that all atheists do is cry about "evidence" and "facts" yet when confronted with the inconvenient facts they have trouble accepting them.
Im sure that PROJECTION sounded great in YOUR head.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6712 Mar 29, 2014
you do realize that atheism has been around forever right? Its taken you thousands of years to get up to 2.4%? Oh ya......growing like a weed.

Location hidden

#6713 Mar 29, 2014
Lol
So What

Newalla, OK

#6714 Mar 29, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Really? You don't accept sinners into your church? Wow sounds like a judgmental group of people. Your church honestly doesn't allow just anyone? Thats crazy but I bet you fit right in.
LOL! Your kidding right? If we didn't accept sinners into OUR church, we wouldn't have any members.

Judgmental people (like you) don't like OUR Church. So some reason they don't like being schooled on how they should conduct themselves as Christians.
So What

Newalla, OK

#6715 Mar 29, 2014
gotnatas wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is growing and that's a good thing. While it may be a small percentage at this time what do you expect? People still believe erroneous things for really bad reasons. Look at Francis Collins, He saw an ice flow with three pillars and it made him believe in the trinity. Look at how many people still believe in astrology??
If Atheism is at 7% and growing that's good. If it was less then that would be a VERY big concern. The Atheism movement is about critical thinking, education and humanitarianism. THATS GREAT!!!
<quoted text>
Im sure that PROJECTION sounded great in YOUR head.
As a Christian, I don't have a problem with Atheists. I'm a strong believer in, to each his own.

What I have a problem with is people that have become Atheists because of the treatment they have received from some Christians. It is ridiculous conduct and should not be tolerated by anyone. I have never understood the mistreatment of others by so-called Christians.
So What

Newalla, OK

#6716 Mar 29, 2014
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
UFO's as visiting extra-terrestrial visitors is like billions of times more likely than a lonely, Universe Creating Super Being who just wanted somebody to worship him. I mean like ... come on.
Angry? How do you even judge that by reading what people type? How do you know they're not laughing and tears running down their faces? You don't. You presume 'anger' because that is a reflection of yourself. The most important thing in your life, your life's defining role model, doesn't exist. At some level you know that. It angers you. You come here to be near other people who also know that. We make light. That angers you as well. It's okay. We're here to help.
If God's main purpose for creating us was to worship him, then he wouldn't have given us any chose in the matter,

Second paragraph I agree with. Anti's idea of god doesn't exist. What god would want him to turn people away.

Location hidden

#6717 Mar 29, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text>As a Christian, I don't have a problem with Atheists. I'm a strong believer in, to each his own.

What I have a problem with is people that have become Atheists because of the treatment they have received from some Christians. It is ridiculous conduct and should not be tolerated by anyone. I have never understood the mistreatment of others by so-called Christians.
Thank you....and agreed
So What

Newalla, OK

#6718 Mar 29, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
you do realize that atheism has been around forever right? Its taken you thousands of years to get up to 2.4%? Oh ya......growing like a weed.
Would that be the weeds that God created? Have you ever thought that God doesn't want you to cut down HIS WEEDS?

“Putten the SIN ”

Since: Nov 08

back in Wisconsin

#6719 Mar 30, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
You do know superstition IE LAZY REASONING has been around forever right?

Pleas try harder.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 min Jim Ryan 94,373
a prayer of salvation for those who are willing (Oct '17) 3 hr blacklagoon 3 146
News Geoff Robson is wrong about Richard Dawkins, th... 18 hr Eagle 12 - 10
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 21 hr Eagle 12 - 5,998
News Christ, Atheism, Quantum Physics, and the Natur... Thu nanoanomaly 1
News Egyptian Parliament considers outlawing atheism May 21 Guest 6
Stephen Hawking, now a believer May 8 superwilly 20