'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

Thinking

Cupar, UK

#6537 Mar 27, 2014
"It's".
antiatheist wrote:
Its really kinda funny how many different times you guys like to quote famous people who were atheists. Just curious why you do that? Its weird

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#6538 Mar 27, 2014
That is weird.

Atheist Church! All the bots do in Church is agree and pat each other on the back. All we would do is argue.

It's hard to believe we're from the same species.

Maybe evolution has selected us for extinction. After all ... people who argue a lot rarely have sex. Without sex, that pesky fetal tissue disposal problem never arises.

Come to think of it, Homosexuality effectively solves the "pesky fetal tissue disposal problem". It may well be a solution that came down from The Big Guy Upstairs himself. It's the kind of thing He would do. Quite the Cosmic Joker.

You bots may want to re-"think" your position on that issue.
Thinking

Cupar, UK

#6539 Mar 27, 2014
No we wouldn't.

;)
RHill wrote:
That is weird.
Atheist Church! All the bots do in Church is agree and pat each other on the back. All we would do is argue.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#6540 Mar 27, 2014
Thinking wrote:
No we wouldn't.
;)
<quoted text>
Oh yes we would!
(Sorry:-)

If secular organisations and associations can get along, I suppose it is no more difficult for those that tend to exclude or aren't attractive to non-believers. For instance, there are many Humanist, Skeptic, Atheist, Rationalist, Freethinking and other associations of non-believers who do charity work, hold meetings and do lots that is positive and constructive together...

http://americanhumanist.org/

http://www.kcatheists.org/

They're everywhere, even in the USA.

Many atheists aren't Humanists ('H'), nor 'Skeptics', but that doesn't stop them from being humanists ('h') and sceptics.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#6541 Mar 27, 2014
Oops" I meant "..tend to exclude or aren't attractive to believers and religionists..."
WarForOil

Rowlett, TX

#6542 Mar 27, 2014
RHill wrote:
It's hard to believe we're from the same species.
Please don't assume too much.
I don't consider you a member of mine.

Have another red neck beer and be one with the bar.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#6543 Mar 27, 2014
Thinking wrote:
"It's".
<quoted text>
...cue Monty Python intro
Thinking

Cupar, UK

#6544 Mar 27, 2014
With DesperateForAttention, Grapevine TX on piano...

I'm seeing the Python's live on July 1st.
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
...cue Monty Python intro
Thinking

Cupar, UK

#6545 Mar 27, 2014
Going back to what RHill said... if all these churchers really pat each other on the back, why has christianity fragmented into over 40,000 sects?
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yes we would!
(Sorry:-)
If secular organisations and associations can get along, I suppose it is no more difficult for those that tend to exclude or aren't attractive to non-believers. For instance, there are many Humanist, Skeptic, Atheist, Rationalist, Freethinking and other associations of non-believers who do charity work, hold meetings and do lots that is positive and constructive together...
http://americanhumanist.org/
http://www.kcatheists.org/
They're everywhere, even in the USA.
Many atheists aren't Humanists ('H'), nor 'Skeptics', but that doesn't stop them from being humanists ('h') and sceptics.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6546 Mar 27, 2014
not only weird but angry. I don't know how you people get this way. Must be a past trauma

“See how you are?”

Earth

#6547 Mar 27, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
not only weird but angry. I don't know how you people get this way. Must be a past trauma
You might be onto something, aa... perhaps subconscious is giving you hints that your irrational denial and outrage stems from not being able to cope with the reality that you were lied to in Sunday School. You might wish to discuss that with your therapist.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#6548 Mar 27, 2014
Thinking wrote:
With DesperateForAttention, Grapevine TX on piano...
I'm seeing the Python's live on July 1st.
<quoted text>
Way cool.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6549 Mar 27, 2014
the world of the atheist revolves around God. Denying God, mocking God, mocking anyone that believes in God. You are obsessed with something you claim not to believe in. Its weird
Thinking

Cupar, UK

#6550 Mar 27, 2014
I know you are but what am I?
antiatheist wrote:
not only weird but angry.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#6551 Mar 27, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
the world of the atheist revolves around God. Denying God, mocking God, mocking anyone that believes in God. You are obsessed with something you claim not to believe in. Its weird
It seems you've got that "fundamentally" bass ackward, "ANTIatheist."
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6552 Mar 27, 2014
don't think so. I'll put it in terms you can understand. Personally, I don't believe in UFO's. I think those that do are wanting to believe in something that isn't there. However, I really don't spend any time thinking about it. I don't start topics about it nor do I go out of my way to ridicule anyone. That would be very weird for me to do anything like that because its just not important to me. People can believe in anything they want. Now, atheists on the other hand, can't seem to do that. They obsess over God and Christians and just let it make them so angry. It makes absolutely no sense. Its become a religion to you and a powerful one at that.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#6553 Mar 27, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
don't think so. I'll put it in terms you can understand. Personally, I don't believe in UFO's. I think those that do are wanting to believe in something that isn't there. However, I really don't spend any time thinking about it. I don't start topics about it nor do I go out of my way to ridicule anyone. That would be very weird for me to do anything like that because its just not important to me. People can believe in anything they want. Now, atheists on the other hand, can't seem to do that. They obsess over God and Christians and just let it make them so angry. It makes absolutely no sense. Its become a religion to you and a powerful one at that.
If you want to believe in UFOs or bigfoots, I've got no issue with it - as long as you don't try to teach it as fact in public schools or push legislation based on those beliefs. I have no issue with donating to Christian charities - I do it much more and much more often than you might think. Do I care that you give those organizations credit and not me? Not at all. Charity is not about recognition.
You chose your own handle. If you find it unsettling that people point out errors in the religious' "thinking," perhaps that is all they ARE doing. I wouldn't obsess on it. Go, and sin no more.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6554 Mar 27, 2014
This whole nonsense about teaching it in public schools is total bs. I went to public schools, my wife went to public schools, everyone in my family went to public schools and not once was God or religion ever mentioned in class. You are just wrong about that. Now, was the belief that we evolved from an ape like ancestor taught? Yes it was even thought its not a proven fact. Christians are the ones that should be mad about that one.

Again, if you want to be an atheist then fine, more power to ya. To ridicule others and be angry about it is ridiculous. Dont wanna pray at a ball game? Fine, don't pray. Its a free country. Don't wanna see signs that have the word "God" on them? Look the other way. You guys just obsess over these things which in the end makes you look stupid.
So What

Newalla, OK

#6555 Mar 27, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
This whole nonsense about teaching it in public schools is total bs. I went to public schools, my wife went to public schools, everyone in my family went to public schools and not once was God or religion ever mentioned in class. You are just wrong about that. Now, was the belief that we evolved from an ape like ancestor taught? Yes it was even thought its not a proven fact. Christians are the ones that should be mad about that one.
Again, if you want to be an atheist then fine, more power to ya. To ridicule others and be angry about it is ridiculous. Dont wanna pray at a ball game? Fine, don't pray. Its a free country. Don't wanna see signs that have the word "God" on them? Look the other way. You guys just obsess over these things which in the end makes you look stupid.
I would prefer that you don't use yourself as a poster child for public schools. Public schools in Oklahoma have enough issues to deal with already.

Intolerant Christians (like you) are the reason why we don't have so called religion in public schools. My children's' schools still say God in The Pledge of Allegiance, and a minute of silence after it, in order to prevent people (like you) from raining down their Wraith Of God upon them.

HATE AND INTOLERANCE SHOULD NOT BE TAUGHT IN PUBLIC SCHOOLS.

I use the description, Christian to describe you, even though I believe It doesn't really apply to your issues for ranting.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6556 Mar 27, 2014
Actually, the majority of people would like to still have God included in school. Its a vocal minority such as yourself that keeps the majority from doing what is sane and good. Schools are afraid of some angry atheist bringing some idiotic lawsuit against them. Again, creationism isn't being taught in school and hasn't been for as long as I can remember so that over used atheist argument is dumb. As I said, Christians have rolled over for far too long and look where we are now. Schools are in worse shape now than ever

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 40 min Ronnie 35,293
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr scientia potentia... 14,949
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr ATHEOI 255,519
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 1 hr ATHEOI 35
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 20,127
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 2 hr Patrick 4,485
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 8 hr NightSerf 3,714
More from around the web