'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#6477 Mar 25, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Abortions occur more often within their ranks because they've done such a poor job of educating their children. I only know of a couple of girls that had abortions and they were both christians.
They abortion obsessed. My understanding of the original story is that the vast majority of hospital foetuses were miscarried, not aborted. But religitards don't do facts.
<quoted text>
Its an emotionally charged topic - which is why antiatheist is trying to use shock to divert from answering to other questions.
The story indicates miscarriages and aborted fetuses were eliminated in the same manner as tonsils and appendixes. I'm not saying that is respectful, but there is >nothing< respectful in manipulating the story for his purposes. Nothing in the article indicates body parts were incinerated to provide heat, hes just sensationalizing, dishonest and now loathsome.
The simple truth is that boys and girls will do what they've always done and the Christians' insistence on this matter will lead to more unregulated procedures and a whole lot more nice Christian daughters taking spontaneous "vacations." Religious sex ed "facts" amount to nothing more than "cross your legs, get married, pop Sunday Schoolers out like doughnuts at the Krispy Kreme."

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#6478 Mar 25, 2014
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
Plainly you ain't no scientist.
Nazis engineers developed patented ovens that operated ONLY on
concentration camp inmates. Even those fatless jews burned
well.
Stick to explaining why sewage flows downhill.
I've heard of this, but my understanding was that the ovens were designed to allow bodies to be cremated en masse, not for the production of energy. In most cases, cremated bodies do not burn; rather, the soft tissues are vaporized, leaving only mineralized bone fragments. the Wikipedia article on cremation does note:

In Austria in April 2012, the body fat of a 440-lb.(200 kg) woman caught fire, clogged the crematory's air filters and almost destroyed the entire facility. Because of this incident and the U.S.'s obesity epidemic, a number of new crematories are being built to hold individuals weighing up to 1,000 lb.(454 kg).

As far as I can tell, though, this was a unique occurrence that has not recurred since.

Cremation is an energy-intensive process, Bodies are not and cannot be "burned" as an energy source. Even in the rare cases where they actually do burn, the amount of energy required to ignite them exceeds any energy produced by a huge margin.

And, no, I am not a scientist, either, just a reasonably good internet researcher. But clearly, your own grasp of science is insufficient to justify denigrating that of other writers.
Thinking

Cupar, UK

#6479 Mar 25, 2014
Agreed, antiatheist is a filthy POS who lies and shouts to get his way. The church needs more unplanned pregnancies to grow up backward like antiatheist if it is to survive much longer.

But I would certainly offer a choice to someone who had a miscarriage as to how the foetal matter will be dealt with. Perhaps the church/mosque/whatever could help with the finances here. As if they cared.
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Its an emotionally charged topic - which is why antiatheist is trying to use shock to divert from answering to other questions.
The story indicates miscarriages and aborted fetuses were eliminated in the same manner as tonsils and appendixes. I'm not saying that is respectful, but there is >nothing< respectful in manipulating the story for his purposes. Nothing in the article indicates body parts were incinerated to provide heat, hes just sensationalizing, dishonest and now loathsome.
The simple truth is that boys and girls will do what they've always done and the Christians' insistence on this matter will lead to more unregulated procedures and a whole lot more nice Christian daughters taking spontaneous "vacations." Religious sex ed "facts" amount to nothing more than "cross your legs, get married, pop Sunday Schoolers out like doughnuts at the Krispy Kreme."
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6480 Mar 25, 2014
wow I leave for a little while and I come back to all this angry atheist hate filled nonsense. You people are worthless. Go contribute to society for a change
Thinking

Cupar, UK

#6481 Mar 25, 2014
antiatheist is a filthy POS who lies and shouts to get his way. The church needs more unplanned pregnancies to grow up backward like antiatheist if it is to survive much longer.
antiatheist wrote:
wow I leave for a little while and I come back to all this angry atheist hate filled nonsense. You people are worthless. Go contribute to society for a change

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#6482 Mar 25, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if they **believe** the bibles.
I read the thing, like 100's of times-- all the way through, too.
How do you think I lost all my faith in the bible? I **read** the thing, through-and-through.
Seriously, I did-- it was a couple of college-level bible studies. We went through the thing, verse-by-verse, discussing each section. It took months.
A year or so later, I realized I did not believe **anything** the bible said was real-- it was too ludicrous, to be from a Genuine God™.
I agree. I read it on my own several times and came to nearly the same conclusions with one exception: I think it is a valuable source for understanding abnormal psychology.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6483 Mar 25, 2014
thinking you are an idiot. Please tell me most people in the UK don't think like you do.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6484 Mar 25, 2014
Bob I know you didn't read the bible cover to cover so don't even lie about it. It would take a year or more to read and study everything. You are so full of crap
Thinking

Cupar, UK

#6485 Mar 25, 2014
antiatheist is a filthy POS who lies and shouts to get his way. The church needs more unplanned pregnancies to grow up backward like antiatheist if it is to survive much longer.
antiatheist wrote:
thinking you are an idiot. Please tell me most people in the UK don't think like you do.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6486 Mar 25, 2014
Electrical Engineer wrote:
<quoted text>
Again it is symantics. They choose to think life means something else. I, for instance, don't give the term much credit. I tree is living, which equates to life. But I don't see religious people not cutting down trees to support their fake jesus's.
Oh, I agree.

I do not think for a second that a fertilized zygote is an actual human being-- not yet, it's not.

The odds are better than 70% that it won't make the cut anyway. 3 of 5 (or so) fertilized zygotes get dumped anyway, without any human interference of any kind.

So if their ugly god is really real?

Obviously, their god hates fertilized zygotes-- for, according to their silly bible, their god aborts 3 of 5 of them anyhow....

... idiots, the whole lot.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6487 Mar 25, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Abortions occur more often within their ranks because they've done such a poor job of educating their children. I only know of a couple of girls that had abortions and they were both christians.
They abortion obsessed. My understanding of the original story is that the vast majority of hospital foetuses were miscarried, not aborted. But religitards don't do facts.
<quoted text>
Indeed.

The numbers are 3 of 5 (or so) fertilized fetuses are naturally eliminated by the womb-- without anyone doing anything.

The woman likely doesn't even notice-- at worst, her period starts a few days late or so.

As you say so well-- religitards don't do facts.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6488 Mar 25, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Don't that lot reckon that labelling everyone is a sign of the end of days? More likely it's because their god is a short bus rider.
<quoted text>
LOL!

Without a doubt, the god these dimwitted folk worship is a **direct** reflection of the worshipers' own capabilities...

... LOL!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6489 Mar 25, 2014
anon wrote:
Anon<quoted text>
Wow you actually read it? MANY dont. I've seen so called believers blatantly lie about the bible with an atheist but since the athiest had such disdain for religion (mainly christianity) they never read the book and so never had the knowledge to call them out on it.
When I was a True Believer™(back in the day) I used to read it all the time-- but only selected bits-- the bits I liked.

As I got older, I realized there was much of the bible I had no clue about-- so I took some seriously high-brow bible-courses. Which led me through the whole damn thing.

It was ... ugly.

It was also the end of my faith in the bible-- a loss of which also took my faith in deities of any sort.

Once I realized the bible was pretty much evil?

I also realized that no god who **cared** would have suffered such as the bible to even exist-- for it leads so many people to commit such evil acts.

And that was that; I had no faith left in such things.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6490 Mar 25, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hospital incinerators have been in common use, to eliminate dangerous "medical waste" (which is all too often contaminated with dangerous pathogens-- hospital, right?) for a long time, now.

The average hospital generates so much waste, in the form of used bandages and whatnot, that it'd take a fleet of trucks to hall it all off-- so burning is a natural and efficient solution.

It's also much-much safer for everyone involved-- some of that stuff can have contagious diseases in it-- viable diseases.

If aborted fetuses are also incinerated as a matter of routine? That is hardly surprising-- most folk abort these because they cannot have them, or don't want them in the first place.

I would suggest that any Genuine Christhole™ who objects to this? Volunteer to collect these things, and put them in tiny little caskets-- match boxes would do nicely (if a bit large) and give them tiny little inch-high crosses in their own graveyards. All at their own expense-- THEY are the ones objecting-- let THEM pay for it.

They could be permitted to sort through the cancerous masses, diseased organs, and necrotic tissues that were also removed from ailing patients, just before the whole is incinerated. They would be allowed to bring their own gloves, but none is provided by the hospital. Watch out for used needles and old worn out scalpels!

That ought to satisfy these hateful bigots.

I will bet you $1000, that NONE will volunteer for this job...

.. hypocrites, the entire lot.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6491 Mar 25, 2014
bob you are so full of crap

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6492 Mar 25, 2014
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I read it on my own several times and came to nearly the same conclusions with one exception: I think it is a valuable source for understanding abnormal psychology.
Well-- you are quite a bit more scholarly than I will ever be, so I'm not surprised.

:)

Ironically, these days I prefer fiction when I read to relax. And the bible is fiction... still...

... I'd rather read Faulkner.(and I do not much care for Faulkner)

;)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6493 Mar 25, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Bob I know you didn't read the bible cover to cover so don't even lie about it. It would take a year or more to read and study everything. You are so full of crap
The courses I took lasted 10 month each, respectively.

I'm so sorry you are so incredibly slow at reading -- I'll type this real slow, so you can keep up.

I've also read it on my own-- many times when I was younger.

I would bet you $1000, though, that YOU have never read more than 10%-- if that much.

You Genuine Christholes™ are such hypocrites.
Amused

Lowell, MA

#6494 Mar 25, 2014
anon wrote:
Anon<quoted text>
Wow you actually read it? MANY dont. I've seen so called believers blatantly lie about the bible with an atheist but since the athiest had such disdain for religion (mainly christianity) they never read the book and so never had the knowledge to call them out on it.
Actually, many atheists have read the bible, often cover to cover, and often more than once. In fact, many atheists cite the discoveries they made about what's actually in that great big doorstop of a book as the reason they became atheists.

If you read enough threads in this forum, you will see many, many examples of atheists quoting the bible to show how absurd and repulsive the book actually is. Most of the time the christian being replied to obviously had no idea whatsoever that their all-loving god is an enthusiastic supporter of slavery and genocide with a weird fetish for hemorrhoids.
Amused

Lowell, MA

#6495 Mar 25, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
It goes faster when you don't have to move your lips as you read.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6496 Mar 25, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
bob you are so full of crap
Possibly-- I have been feeling a little constipated lately-- from reading your posts.

But I can fix that with a little laxitive-- no problem.

But you?

YOU WILL STILL BE AS STUPID AS EVER.

LMAO!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Universe from Nothing? 1 min Into The Night 542
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 7 min Chimney1 43,321
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 3 hr Eagle 12 10,064
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 3 hr Eagle 12 21,202
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr Rosa_Winkel 256,576
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 3 hr Eagle 12 770
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 3 hr Eagle 12 18,592
More from around the web