'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#6457 Mar 25, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
"I agree with this as well. Funerals are for the living. If someone have permission for the bodies to be used, then there is nothing wrong that I can see"

Babies don't have the ability to give permission.

You are okay with burning thousands of dead bodies for heat as long as they gave permission? wow..you fit in perfectly with these people. Say these things in public and you would be scorned and rightfully so.
I was the one that said that, and I am ok with burning dead bodies, period, as long as its ok with the family members of the dead. I do believe you are now arguing whether abortion is right or wrong, rather than how their bodies should be disposed of. Those are two different things.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6458 Mar 25, 2014
its so funny that you deny science when it goes against what you want to believe.

seeyou innocent babies don't have a say in the matter and I seriously doubt anyone gave permission to burn bodies and use them for heat. It really shouldn't even be up for debate. Just because someone gave permission to throw their childs body off a bridge that doesn't mean you should do it. Morality is severely lacking

“BAS in Electrical Engineering”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#6459 Mar 25, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
its so funny that you deny science when it goes against what you want to believe.
seeyou innocent babies don't have a say in the matter and I seriously doubt anyone gave permission to burn bodies and use them for heat. It really shouldn't even be up for debate. Just because someone gave permission to throw their childs body off a bridge that doesn't mean you should do it. Morality is severely lacking
Not sure what you are trying to say here besides something about morals. Morality is also subjective. If something is dead, it's gone. History. No longer. Religion gives the dead life through supernatural events. As an atheist, death is the final nail. That's it. Therefore, I don't see the dilemma.

Your morals are based upon magic. Mine are based upon cognition.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#6460 Mar 25, 2014
Thinking wrote:
islam and christianity always preferred quantity of life over quality.
judaism seems far less interested in absorbing all as jews despite providing much of the source material for islam and christianity to plagiarise.
<quoted text>
I understand why it is that fundies retreat to the topic of abortion when they are getting their asses handed to them on every other subject, but...
Does it strike anyone else as paradoxical that right wing fundamentalists seem far more concerned with the unborn than they do for the health and well being of mothers, infants and children?
So What

Newalla, OK

#6461 Mar 25, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Would it be alright if the dead horse that your beating is burned?

You're making a great case in helping me prove you have OCD.

Thanks four Help!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6462 Mar 25, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
I got my compass from God not a church. Church is where we choose to go to worship together. Anyone that would argue for abortion and for aborted babies to be burned to heat your home is someone that honestly doesn't deserve to exist in civilized society.
You idiot-- aborted fetuses do not mass enough to be useful as heat-sources. Moreover, they are too wet and squishy. You'd need to dry them out, first.

And then? All you'd have is a tiny little pile of dried goo.

No...

... the **BEST** source of free heat?

Is bibles.

These things are available frikkin'**everywhere**-- free for the asking. You just write to one of those online churches? And they'll send you one for free.

Usually, they'll keep sending you LOTS of stuff that burns quite nicely in a wood stove-- various "literature" and beggin letters.

If you sign up with enough of these? You can heat your house for free all winter long. And in the summer? You could hook up a generator.

No...**BIBLES** are the best source of free heat, silly-billy.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
So What

Newalla, OK

#6463 Mar 25, 2014
Four is for the number of times you have proven you have OCD.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6464 Mar 25, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
and who cares if its an isolated incident? Dang I would hope not every hospital in England is heating the facility using human bodies.
You are so stupid, it's amazing you have enough brains left to remember to breathe...

... seriously!

Human bodies do not burn on their own. They just don't.

They require much additional fuel in order to burn-- fuel that would be better spent using **directly** to heat whatever you wanted to heat.

This is why ancient peoples used huge piles of WOOD to incinerate a corpse. Or entire BOATS or rafts full of ... yes... MORE WOOD.

This is why modern crematories use lots and lots of natural gas or fuel oil to cremate human remains.

Bodies by themselves simply do not sustain flames; you need combustibles all around the corpse to burn it up.

A **lot** of combustibles.

You ARE an idiot.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6465 Mar 25, 2014
Thinking wrote:
You believe in a god that is too dumb to know where its souls have gone unless you label them!
Your god wears a point hat - as do many of its followers!
Funny.
<quoted text>
LMAO!

Brilliant!

And, in fact, he **DOES** worship such a god-- who is too stupid to sort out the souls from each other, unless they are "sanctified" or some shyt.

LMAO!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6466 Mar 25, 2014
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
Plainly you ain't no scientist.
Nazis engineers developed patented ovens that operated ONLY on
concentration camp inmates. Even those fatless jews burned
well.
Stick to explaining why sewage flows downhill.
You incredible moron: those ovens were FUELED from external sources, such as petrol or flammable gas or even wood.

Moreover, many of the Jews were gassed to death, with poison gas. Then the bodies were simply heaped into a shallow ditch, piled in 8 and 10 deep, then bulldozed over.

But those ovens had external fuel-- not human bodies.

You are **SERIOUSLY** an idiot.

Seriously: get help, before you become even more ignorant.
So What

Newalla, OK

#6467 Mar 25, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
You idiot-- aborted fetuses do not mass enough to be useful as heat-sources. Moreover, they are too wet and squishy. You'd need to dry them out, first.
And then? All you'd have is a tiny little pile of dried goo.
No...
... the **BEST** source of free heat?
Is bibles.
These things are available frikkin'**everywhere**-- free for the asking. You just write to one of those online churches? And they'll send you one for free.
Usually, they'll keep sending you LOTS of stuff that burns quite nicely in a wood stove-- various "literature" and beggin letters.
If you sign up with enough of these? You can heat your house for free all winter long. And in the summer? You could hook up a generator.
No...**BIBLES** are the best source of free heat, silly-billy.
NO NO NO! Bibles are best used for the purpose of showing Christians like Anti, why the way they conduct themselves isn't appropriate.

Location hidden

#6468 Mar 25, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text>NO NO NO! Bibles are best used for the purpose of showing Christians like Anti, why the way they conduct themselves isn't appropriate.
You can't though because then someone such as Anti will just say you are reading it wrong.

You can't win with conscious ignorance. When people want to be stupid, they will remain so.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6469 Mar 25, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Well then you disagree with science. The medical profession has already determined that life begins at conception.
Lie.

Life began on earth approximately 4 billion years ago.

A LIVING sperm unites with a LIVING ova to start a LIVING zygote.

At NO TIME does life "begin" in this process.

You are so stupid, it is amazing you can manage to type with one finger...

... seriously.

Location hidden

#6470 Mar 25, 2014
<quoted text>
Lie.
Life began on earth approximately 4 billion years ago.
A LIVING sperm unites with a LIVING ova to start a LIVING zygote.
At NO TIME does life "begin" in this process.
You are so stupid, it is amazing you can manage to type with one finger...
... seriously.
Again it is symantics. They choose to think life means something else. I, for instance, don't give the term much credit. I tree is living, which equates to life. But I don't see religious people not cutting down trees to support their fake jesus's.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6471 Mar 25, 2014
So What wrote:
<quoted text>NO NO NO! Bibles are best used for the purpose of showing Christians like Anti, why the way they conduct themselves isn't appropriate.
Only if they **believe** the bibles.

I read the thing, like 100's of times-- all the way through, too.

How do you think I lost all my faith in the bible? I **read** the thing, through-and-through.

Seriously, I did-- it was a couple of college-level bible studies. We went through the thing, verse-by-verse, discussing each section. It took months.

A year or so later, I realized I did not believe **anything** the bible said was real-- it was too ludicrous, to be from a Genuine God™.
Thinking

Cupar, UK

#6472 Mar 25, 2014
Abortions occur more often within their ranks because they've done such a poor job of educating their children. I only know of a couple of girls that had abortions and they were both christians.

They abortion obsessed. My understanding of the original story is that the vast majority of hospital foetuses were miscarried, not aborted. But religitards don't do facts.
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand why it is that fundies retreat to the topic of abortion when they are getting their asses handed to them on every other subject, but...
Does it strike anyone else as paradoxical that right wing fundamentalists seem far more concerned with the unborn than they do for the health and well being of mothers, infants and children?
Thinking

Cupar, UK

#6473 Mar 25, 2014
They're ^
Thinking

Cupar, UK

#6474 Mar 25, 2014
Don't that lot reckon that labelling everyone is a sign of the end of days? More likely it's because their god is a short bus rider.
<quoted text>
LMAO!
Brilliant!
And, in fact, he **DOES** worship such a god-- who is too stupid to sort out the souls from each other, unless they are "sanctified" or some shyt.
LMAO!
anon

United States

#6475 Mar 25, 2014
Anon
<quoted text>
Only if they **believe** the bibles.
I read the thing, like 100's of times-- all the way through, too.
How do you think I lost all my faith in the bible? I **read** the thing, through-and-through.
Seriously, I did-- it was a couple of college-level bible studies. We went through the thing, verse-by-verse, discussing each section. It took months.

A year or so later, I realized I did not believe **anything** the bible said was real-- it was too ludicrous, to be from a Genuine God™.
Wow you actually read it? MANY dont. I've seen so called believers blatantly lie about the bible with an atheist but since the athiest had such disdain for religion (mainly christianity) they never read the book and so never had the knowledge to call them out on it.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#6476 Mar 25, 2014
antiatheist wrote:

You are so twisted

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 12 min Chimney1 43,178
Good arguments against Christianity 1 hr Thinking 188
A Universe from Nothing? 1 hr Richardfs 495
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Aerobatty 256,550
Atheism is a mental illness 1 hr LOSLLKSL 1
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 3 hr Eagle 12 21,122
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 3 hr Thinking 3,843
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 4 hr Patrick 18,501
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 5 hr Thinking 5,688
More from around the web