'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

Jul 5, 2013 Read more: NewsOK.com 7,553

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Read more

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#6432 Mar 24, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
You are a moron iseeyou. You are more concerned with the atheist/Christian thing than you are with something outrageously wrong that we all should be upset about.
Name calling comes so quick for you anti. You should really work on that moral compass and use the "compassion" that god was supposed to teach you. My mom did a wonderful job of teaching me so I'm sure if you ask for "gods" help you will hear him grant your request.

I'm less concerned with the atheist/christian thing than you are... And like I said. It's not something that can be changed, only something that can be monitored so that it doesn't happen again. I would feel more concern for the living than the dead in that situation.

Location hidden

#6433 Mar 24, 2014
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>"The Telegraph" is more akin
"The National Inquirer" supermarket tabloid than an actual newspaper. Lots of sensational stuff, a little T&A, tawdry humor. Not exactly a bastion of accurate reporting. Even so, they managed to avoid the 'NHS BURNING BABIES TO HEAT HOMES' headline our favorite antiatheist is salivating for.
That's what I had thought as well

Location hidden

#6434 Mar 24, 2014
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Why would we? The elimination of medical waste is hardly pertinent, unless it poses a risk to the public.
I agree with this as well. Funerals are for the living. If someone have permission for the bodies to be used, then there is nothing wrong that I can see

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#6435 Mar 24, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
You think burning aborted babies might just be immoral and bordering on insane? Take babies out of the equation, burning adults for heat is wrong. I can't believe this would even happen in a civilized world. Whats even more shocking is some of you have no problem with it. No decent person with an ounce of humanity would even think of doing such a thing. Just shows how far some of us have fallen.
Well since you are the one thinking it .... let's just cut to the chase. You are batshit crazy!
Now, take the all the dead bodies you've accumulated to the funeral home and quit stuffing them in your fireplace.
Thinking

Stockbridge, UK

#6436 Mar 25, 2014
A lot of that depends on how long the meat is hung. I often buy Scottish, from 21 days to the rarer 6 weeks.
Electrical Engineer wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then, I wonder what UK beef tastes like. I suspect this is something I need to find out.
Thinking

Stockbridge, UK

#6437 Mar 25, 2014
You believe in a god that is too dumb to know where its souls have gone unless you label them!

Your god wears a point hat - as do many of its followers!

Funny.
antiatheist wrote:
Its very, very sad. Some don't have the decency to honor the dead. Much less the innocent dead who had no say. Abortion is without a doubt the biggest travesty in US history.
Thinking

Stockbridge, UK

#6438 Mar 25, 2014
My compass came with a Range Rover attached.
antiatheist wrote:
I got my compass from God not a church. Church is where we choose to go to worship together. Anyone that would argue for abortion and for aborted babies to be burned to heat your home is someone that honestly doesn't deserve to exist in civilized society.
Thinking

Stockbridge, UK

#6439 Mar 25, 2014
Remember it's only holy when babies burn in hell forever.
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>It truly is disgusting so why does your foetid little mind produce such shit?
BTW: How many Christain babies have you seen taken to atheist homes for use as firewood?
WarForOil

Grapevine, TX

#6440 Mar 25, 2014
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>

Humans just aren't all that flammable.
Cremating human remains requires a very intense heat source that causes all the water to evaporate before the remaining material will burn. IN other words, you need way more energy to cause the body to burn than you need to heat the house. You could heat the house toasty warm with just a fraction of the energy you would need to burn the body. Setting bodies on fire as a heat source would require an extravagant expenditure of other energy, and the caloric yield from the human would be negligible.
Plainly you ain't no scientist.
Nazis engineers developed patented ovens that operated ONLY on
concentration camp inmates. Even those fatless jews burned
well.

Stick to explaining why sewage flows downhill.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#6441 Mar 25, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Actually I'm not salivating for abortions or people using babies bodies to heat a hospital. Its a sad, sad world and you are some of the coldest people I've ever encountered.
It is rather sad. Humans make poor fuel. Even in death we consume more energy than we produce. I've heard we make tasty wafers (Solent Green). You've sunk to new lows even broaching the subject. Human life has been made cheap by it's over-abundance. Not a goal of Secular Humanists at all, who value life and dignity beyond all things. I've already pointed out 'the cure'... not more Bible Thumping but ready access to birth control and better education ... efforts Organized Religion does it's best to thwart.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#6442 Mar 25, 2014
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
well.
The ovens used "coke for fuel" Dilweed ... look it up. Look up "gravity" while you're at it. "Fatless Jews burned well" ? You should really steer clear of 'value of Human Life' discussions. Your slip is showing.
Thinking

Stockbridge, UK

#6443 Mar 25, 2014
Wrong. First generation concentration camp ovens were oil fuelled, later ovens were coal fuelled.

http://tiergartenstrasse4.org/A_SHORT_HISTORY...

More BS trollocks from you. Aren't you a bit old for attention seeking?
WarForOil wrote:
<quoted text>
well.
Thinking

Stockbridge, UK

#6444 Mar 25, 2014
As for the flowing downhill comment, DesperateForAttention clearly doesn't know what the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics is. Bless.
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
The ovens used "coke for fuel" Dilweed ... look it up. Look up "gravity" while you're at it. "Fatless Jews burned well" ? You should really steer clear of 'value of Human Life' discussions. Your slip is showing.
Thinking

Stockbridge, UK

#6445 Mar 25, 2014
islam and christianity always preferred quantity of life over quality.

judaism seems far less interested in absorbing all as jews despite providing much of the source material for islam and christianity to plagiarise.
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
It is rather sad. Humans make poor fuel. Even in death we consume more energy than we produce. I've heard we make tasty wafers (Solent Green). You've sunk to new lows even broaching the subject. Human life has been made cheap by it's over-abundance. Not a goal of Secular Humanists at all, who value life and dignity beyond all things. I've already pointed out 'the cure'... not more Bible Thumping but ready access to birth control and better education ... efforts Organized Religion does it's best to thwart.

Since: Aug 13

Dallas, TX

#6446 Mar 25, 2014
http://www.alternet.org/belief/religion-ameri...

This statment from the article jumped out at me.

the actual numbers may be significantly higher, as columnist Tina Dupuy observes.“When it comes to self-reporting religious devotion Americans cannot be trusted. We under-estimate our calories, over-state our height, under-report our weight and when it comes to piety—we lie like a prayer ru
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6447 Mar 25, 2014
You have more concern for the living? Does this include aborting innocent babies? You are some really scarey people

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Thinking

Stockbridge, UK

#6448 Mar 25, 2014
I've never aborted any babies. How many did you abort before you stopped?
antiatheist wrote:
You have more concern for the living? Does this include aborting innocent babies? You are some really scarey people

“BAS in Electrical Engineering”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#6449 Mar 25, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
So are fundies like you.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6450 Mar 25, 2014
engineer you are particularly strange. You seem to have little regard for human life which is what I would expect from most atheists. Its just still shocking to see people talk like that. How on earth did you get this way?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6451 Mar 25, 2014
"I agree with this as well. Funerals are for the living. If someone have permission for the bodies to be used, then there is nothing wrong that I can see"

Babies don't have the ability to give permission.

You are okay with burning thousands of dead bodies for heat as long as they gave permission? wow..you fit in perfectly with these people. Say these things in public and you would be scorned and rightfully so.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists open up: What they want you to know 38 min nanoanomaly 10
News Confessions of a black atheist 45 min UruEuWauWau 305
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 53 min Aura Mytha 237,672
News Barney Frank Advises Politicians to Stay in the... 55 min nanoanomaly 14
Atheist-Scientist talks about incest. 1 hr nanoanomaly 5
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr Zog Has-fallen 18,438
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 2 hr Patrick n Angela 14,548
More from around the web