'Good without a god': Faces of atheis...

'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma

There are 7527 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jul 5, 2013, titled 'Good without a god': Faces of atheism in Oklahoma. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

Rebecca Vitsmun is shown during an interview with a CNN reporter shortly after the May 20 tornado that destroyed her Moore home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#6417 Mar 24, 2014
Oh yes, I forget you believe every article you read, unless its a scientific article.

Location hidden

#6418 Mar 24, 2014
Even without reading the article I'm confident that I can say its probably an isolated incident, from one hospital that is not doing there job correctly and has been exposed. I'm sure they will reprimand the proper people at the facility, if something like that is happening.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6419 Mar 24, 2014
You are a moron iseeyou. You are more concerned with the atheist/Christian thing than you are with something outrageously wrong that we all should be upset about.
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6420 Mar 24, 2014
and who cares if its an isolated incident? Dang I would hope not every hospital in England is heating the facility using human bodies.
Sow Hat

Newalla, OK

#6421 Mar 24, 2014
Electrical Engineer wrote:
<quoted text>
The church makes a ton of money, I am sure they can self sustain. We should also consider taxing their land. No idea why it isn't in the first place. Does anyone else know? I'd like to find out.
I know why it won't happen. It would be political suicide.

Commercial churches today are about entertainment, and it takes a lot of "root of all evil" to keep them operating.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#6422 Mar 24, 2014
I_see_you wrote:
Oh yes, I forget you believe every article you read, unless its a scientific article.
"The Telegraph" is more akin
"The National Inquirer" supermarket tabloid than an actual newspaper. Lots of sensational stuff, a little T&A, tawdry humor. Not exactly a bastion of accurate reporting. Even so, they managed to avoid the 'NHS BURNING BABIES TO HEAT HOMES' headline our favorite antiatheist is salivating for.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#6423 Mar 24, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
"It's a plus knowing that when you see a display with descriptions of the contents, that you will be sure to consider it to be lies, rather than truth."
So if you go to a creation museum, one that has displays with descriptions of the contents, you are going to consider it to be truth? Didn't think so. Apparently I'm a lot more skeptical than you are which is really not all that surprising given the fact that you believe what you do.
Your words, not mine >>>>> "I've been to the Smithsonian as well as other museums. I'm fully aware of the "humanoid" interpretations and artistic renderings." <<<<

The Smithsonian's exhibits you consider not to be truthful, while the creationist muesuem I know to be balderdash.

I haven't described myself as skeptical, in fact I am rather too often prone to believing what I am told, yet I frequently find that more people than I could have ever guessed at, are actually liars.

Now I may in some unforeseen event, find myself in some creationist museum, and if I do, I already know that there isn't a lot of reason for any actual science to be attached to the findings posted there. Creationism is a conclusion reached before assessing any actual data, but yes, I would read the signs, and in I'm sure far too many instances, I would find that things would be posted like "no one can ever know what electricity is or how it comes about, but rest assured that if god had not wanted it to be, it would not be".

Would I find information there that I wouldn't have already been taught, as a Christain child born and raised in the deep south? Would I find for instance why the misogynistic Arabic slaver god Yahweh allows himself to be split up as Jehovah and Allah too?

Maybe the creationist museum will answer why this Jesus guy got switched with the actual promised messiah, or why he would allow women to believe that they too can ever end up in his all Jewish male heaven, you think?
antiatheist

Seminole, OK

#6424 Mar 24, 2014
Actually I'm not salivating for abortions or people using babies bodies to heat a hospital. Its a sad, sad world and you are some of the coldest people I've ever encountered.

Earth,TX

#6425 Mar 24, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
"It's a plus knowing that when you see a display with descriptions of the contents, that you will be sure to consider it to be lies, rather than truth."
So if you go to a creation museum, one that has displays with descriptions of the contents, you are going to consider it to be truth? Didn't think so. Apparently I'm a lot more skeptical than you are which is really not all that surprising given the fact that you believe what you do.
Your words, not mine >>>>> "I've been to the Smithsonian as well as other museums. I'm fully aware of the "humanoid" interpretations and artistic renderings." <<<<

The Smithsonian's exhibits you consider not to be truthful, while the creationist museum I know to be balderdash.

I haven't described myself as skeptical, in fact I am rather too often prone to believing what I am told, yet I frequently find that more people than I could have ever guessed at, are actually liars.

Now I may in some unforeseen event, find myself in some creationist museum, and if I do, I already know that there isn't a lot of reason for any actual science to be attached to the findings posted there. Creationism is a conclusion reached before assessing any actual data, but yes, I would read the signs, and in I'm sure far too many instances, I would find that things would be posted like "no one can ever know what electricity is or how it comes about, but rest assured that if god had not wanted it to be, it would not be".

Would I find information there that I wouldn't have already been taught, as a Christain child born and raised in the deep south? Would I find for instance why the misogynistic Arabic slaver god Yahweh allows himself to be split up as Jehovah and Allah too?

What exactly do you think I believe? And how could you know?

Earth,TX

#6426 Mar 24, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
so it sounds like none of you have an issue with it. Not surprising
Why would we? The elimination of medical waste is hardly pertinent, unless it poses a risk to the public.

Earth,TX

#6427 Mar 24, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
been watching a little too much rachel maddow have you? The evil Fox news and Christians really get under your skin. That actually makes us laugh at you.
Don't care if babies get a funeral? Would rather just burn them to heat your home? You are some really scarey people. Thank God there aren't that many of you
Tell me how many medical waste disposal companies are packing your home fireplace (or anyone else's for that matter) with aborted fetuses? How many does it take to equal a log? They are as small as a fraction of an inch each.

Would you be interested in coughing up the cash for coffins? Do you have ministers who would do the honors for these mostly Christain aborted babies? You will name them won't you, have them baptized, dress them in cute little Christening clothes? Pack them in match boxes? You must be a real credit to your community, with all this love of mankind you are displaying.

Earth,TX

#6428 Mar 24, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
Thinking....on behalf of the US let me say a big THANK YOU for not moving here.
engineer..........true funerals are mostly for the living but its a sign of respect. No decent person would ever disrespect a dead person, especially a baby, by burning them to heat your home. Thats disgusting
It truly is disgusting so why does your foetid little mind produce such shit?

BTW: How many Christain babies have you seen taken to atheist homes for use as firewood?

Earth,TX

#6429 Mar 24, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
amused......take time to read the link I posted before you start talking out your butt again.
Engineer your "argument" is the same one atheists use all the time in an attempt to justify this barbaric behavior. Anyone that would disrespect an innocent babies body is not much more than a wild animal. I have no respect for anybody that would do such a thing. They incinerated millions of bodies in Germany many years ago.
Are you suggesting that medical waste be sifted, before being carried into private homes for fuel? Would you be willing to weed out the bits that you'd like to provide the funerals for?

Location hidden

#6430 Mar 24, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
and who cares if its an isolated incident? Dang I would hope not every hospital in England is heating the facility using human bodies.
Well because as appalling as it is...we can be thankful that its only happened at one hospital and not all.... And yes I would agree...I would hope not every hospital would do that.

Earth,TX

#6431 Mar 24, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
I got my compass from God not a church. Church is where we choose to go to worship together. Anyone that would argue for abortion and for aborted babies to be burned to heat your home is someone that honestly doesn't deserve to exist in civilized society.
You are the only one making that argument. So honestly, when and how should we put you out of society?

Location hidden

#6432 Mar 24, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
You are a moron iseeyou. You are more concerned with the atheist/Christian thing than you are with something outrageously wrong that we all should be upset about.
Name calling comes so quick for you anti. You should really work on that moral compass and use the "compassion" that god was supposed to teach you. My mom did a wonderful job of teaching me so I'm sure if you ask for "gods" help you will hear him grant your request.

I'm less concerned with the atheist/christian thing than you are... And like I said. It's not something that can be changed, only something that can be monitored so that it doesn't happen again. I would feel more concern for the living than the dead in that situation.

Location hidden

#6433 Mar 24, 2014
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>"The Telegraph" is more akin
"The National Inquirer" supermarket tabloid than an actual newspaper. Lots of sensational stuff, a little T&A, tawdry humor. Not exactly a bastion of accurate reporting. Even so, they managed to avoid the 'NHS BURNING BABIES TO HEAT HOMES' headline our favorite antiatheist is salivating for.
That's what I had thought as well

Location hidden

#6434 Mar 24, 2014
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Why would we? The elimination of medical waste is hardly pertinent, unless it poses a risk to the public.
I agree with this as well. Funerals are for the living. If someone have permission for the bodies to be used, then there is nothing wrong that I can see

Earth,TX

#6435 Mar 24, 2014
antiatheist wrote:
You think burning aborted babies might just be immoral and bordering on insane? Take babies out of the equation, burning adults for heat is wrong. I can't believe this would even happen in a civilized world. Whats even more shocking is some of you have no problem with it. No decent person with an ounce of humanity would even think of doing such a thing. Just shows how far some of us have fallen.
Well since you are the one thinking it .... let's just cut to the chase. You are batshit crazy!
Now, take the all the dead bodies you've accumulated to the funeral home and quit stuffing them in your fireplace.
Thinking

Cupar, UK

#6436 Mar 25, 2014
A lot of that depends on how long the meat is hung. I often buy Scottish, from 21 days to the rarer 6 weeks.
Electrical Engineer wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then, I wonder what UK beef tastes like. I suspect this is something I need to find out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 8 min IB DaMann 241
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 11 min DanFromSmithville 40,587
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 13 min IB DaMann 3,753
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 37 min Eagle 12 4,666
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 40 min DanFromSmithville 16,042
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr ChristineM 255,972
Who Is Satan The Devil? Is He Real? (Jan '16) 6 hr Thinking 12
More from around the web